• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farmington/Durango Tournament Rankings

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ya, most all charcters can auto-roll away on their first get-up frame.
Unless i do a running Sheild-canceled grab... its kinda like a JC grab, but harder to do... regardless though, even if I get the SCG down, i think ill just do CGs off the ledge for a dropzoned attack.

Anyways, ive seen more vids of olimar... and you are the best olimar ive seen.
did I even play your olimar last night? i dont remember, playing someone who i know to be better then me kinda forces me to play better...

also, heres the vid i was refering to when i was talking about cpt popo falcon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUtkUjw2b8

I think you guys knew what i was talking about, but if not i can see how it would have been odd.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Me I think, but i wont be able to stay for too long. 3 hours tops i think, should be there a little bit before three.

anyways, I asked around, watched some vids, and everyone agrees that the DDD vs Olimar match-up sucks for DDD. nobody has found a good approach yet.

but apparently the MK vs Olimar match-up sucks for Olimar. He can approach quick and get in your face, and many of his moves shake the pikmin off.
and as MK is DDD's servant (at least im pretty sure on that front) ive no qualms about trying to second him... ive never really handeled a quick "short-range" character before, so it might take some getting used to

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Txtbook, that was a funny thread. Everybody was posting the same thing over and over, without even changing the wording. And the funniest part is that they were arguing eachother over the same stuff XD

I went ahead and posted, some KnightErrant was trying to counter you, so I shield grabbed, yup.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Gat Dannit! I forgot my bike at your place again.
Im gonna have to come by for it tomorrow or today.

by the way, you really should get recording equipment. Ive got people requesting DDD vs olimar vids, and you could be the first olimar with a combo vid out....

Mogo

Smash Rookie
There are too many characters to love, I'm having a real hard time picking a main. Snake is a real roulette character, sometimes people walk right into your latent explosives, other times they don't fall for it, and I really feel like a lot of his better moves rely on a little help from lady luck :|

ROB is a well balanced fighter, but I can't seem to get any combos to work yet. Lucario is a bittersweet character, he oozes the badassery of Mewtwo and has great combo potential, but at the same time he doesn't always hit real hard. Zamus is easymode in a bag, and Wolf is mad fisticuffs, but... I'm just so torn ;_;

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I just need a VCR then I can record the games then bryce has a capture card to move them on to his computer or at least thats what we did with my link combo video. We should do it. Getting the first combo vids out for brawl would be bad assery. Ill have to go see if I can dig up an old vcr or something or maybe even a dvd player that records dvds? that would be a whole lot easier cause then I could just rip it and fraps it on to my comp. Dunno, Ill figure it out and we will start recording matches.

Wait, so does Colorado have Brawl?

And is this new avatar a new sign of a new main, Zenjamin :O?

Yeah Durango comes in first with having brawl imported and working on the 4th. Denver got it working on the 10th I think? not sure on that one...

Mogo

Smash Rookie
someone was over yesterday (not martien, cant remember his name, loud voice), he said you were ****** his face all over the place (or some such thing) with ROB.

Or if your feeling real technical, you could give bowser a whirl.
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=p1wx0bz_6FQ
0_o
Holy hell. Long distance recovery, anyone? that's just madness. And was it a kid with a slight fro? Morgan? Also, to both you AND jordan: His name is MARTIN. There is NO E. It's Spanish, c'mon!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Holy hell. Long distance recovery, anyone? that's just madness. And was it a kid with a slight fro? Morgan? Also, to both you AND jordan: His name is MARTIN. There is NO E. It's Spanish, c'mon!
actually, you can only do the infinite jump above the stage. and ya, Morgan sounds about right.

PS
in america, "Martin" spells, mar-tin. Silly spanish people need to learn our language. if he gives me any crap about spelling his name in american ill just MM him for his green card.

joking

OH EM GEE... 0 - Death combo discovered with olimar, beware, just toyed around with combos and figured it out last night. Only works on medium - heavy weight charactes though.
[sarcasm]
well, if it only work on medium - heavy weight characters, thats ok then.
[/sarcasm]
:mad: :urg:

Sup yall?? So I'm proud to say that I'm finally in a combo vid!! ....Too bad I'm one of the dudes getting my a$$ *****! By who you might ask?? by Rage.. the best Pikachu in the world. This was also produced and edited by jared9 aka runningbrave. enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9upbBW4HA2U
I saw that before, but I didnt realize you were in it.
playing such people must have improved your game. hopefully there wont be do much lag between Durango and Texas on the 9th.

PS
my birthday is this sunday, you should all MM me 20$ with a 100% handicap.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
lawlz, Kenneth, that's not something to throw around XD I'll prolly be in the Light combo vid tho... (assuming they make one)

Man, I've been so into my art I haven't touched smash, weird huh? Guess I got the valentine's day fever, cuz smash hasn't crossed my mind. Either way, I'm sorry I still haven't gotten back guys, my mother got her taxes back and needs help moving to Cortez from AZ (yup, again), so I'll be back on the 27th for sure, in print (seeing how I won't have a house here to stay at ^^). Should work out to where I can smash with ALBQ.

Jordan, for ALBQs visit, I was curious if you thought for some Guilty Gear, alongside Brawl and Melee? Sounds fun for everyone?

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Im done with melee, Ill play it but playing brawl day in and day out religiously has got my melee gaming all jacked to high heaven... not only that olimar plays nothing like link so... yeah. But yeah, guilty gear Im always up for, Robo-Ky ftw.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Thats some scary stuff.

anyways, now that you guys are moving into a new place, things will prob pretty hetic.
I wont pester you with calls to get in some brawlen, just either call me or post here when things settle down or if you wana record something.

PS
did you not show DDD getting 0-death comboed in that vid perhaps because it cant be done on him?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
textbook, that's pretty sick ^.^ Someday I'll see you in the MLG finals, you keep playing with stuff like that.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ya, apparently nobody has gotten real good yet.

the first ike combo vid has been released here. and his Ike wasnt really much better then yours IMO, and your olimar is way better then your Ike.

Also I had a little mini-discussion about DDD with M2K, and there were some things that he didnt know that I had to educate him about.

Ive been watching some DDD vids, and I would be willing to MM anybody out there for 20$ right now... except for this guy... those last 20 seconds were beautiful.

the point being, we really are all starting from scratch... except I fear I will soon be left in the dust with my resolution to finally get serious about school.

anyways, I saw that you are going to have the full combo vid out soon... call/post me before that, when things settle down with the moving. id like to be in the vid... even if its just clips of me getting 0-death *****... but ill be DIing towards the ledge.

In other news, I bought a wavebird off of Ebay... 50$, but the way my room is set up, i kinda need to sit far away form the TV.

and in other news, I turned 20 today... feels good not to be under the label of "teen" anymore.

EDIT:
wow, 1000 posts... im thinking maby I start another profile, im not really a "smash lord" or anything, I just get into allot of arguements to kill time... 1000 really isnt that much though, I dont yet most more then twice a day.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
I wont be able to play till wednesday at the earliest.

but in the meantime, you can show your olimar peeps this.
currently Romeo is the best DDD player out there. and he still kinda got spanked, even without pikmin spam.

PS
could you please take a look at this thread? would you be willing to test that out?

I could do it some time... but when when im over it will prob be right down to buisness.

Smash Journeyman
TB Ninja- Props on the pikman combo... It gives me a new hope for brawl!! Keep it up, and I cant wait to see more!

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Hey Txtbook, ur gonna have to teach me some Olimar when I get back for that week, when brawl comes out I can be all innocent and stuff, and then blam, pwn with some olimar ^.-

Whose the best Peach right now, do you know? I'm currently travelin guys, I'll be done soon. I'll be callin you Kenneth, I got all my federal student aid **** worked out.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest on Monday 2/25/08 at our new place! IF you are in town be there, we will be doing some good studying and practice, as well as recording and a local tournament between people in our crew. Be there, it will start at 3:00pm

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
dang, i wont have played for two weeks.
also, didnt you say your combo vid would be out the 24th?

Ill be there, but i likely wont be ther till about 4.

EDIT:
you really gotta get mad good Jordon. Intern of Zeal was just talking **** about you and durango in general...

Denver is way good, but i would like nothing more then to humble them.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Eh? Ill mop the floor with him any day. Interim has some mental issues he needs to work through anyway, hes on this pedestal of "OH MY GOD IM FROM THE DENVER AREA AND I ROCK." Well... new game, your not that great anymore, werent that great to begin with. Go away Im bored of you, the more he opens that hole on his face the more I just dont want to play against those guys, Im in for a more competative experience not a pig headed middle school feel with brawl, Ill stick to the more mature crowds.

Ganna laugh when they get their ***** handed to them in brawl and the sad realization wipes over them "Oh this isnt melee..."

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
ditto, even denver doesn't like him XD

I bet Ferdi will be pretty good though, since he already has this thing for mastering every character XD

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
I should mention that he wasnt doing major serious ****talking. He just commented on textbooks situational combo about how easy it was to get out of. then i said regardless, TBNJ's olimar was way good.

he then came back with something like "ya, hes mad good by durango's standards"

/shrug

anyways brandon, call me. its about the Wii game ive had sitting at the playNtrade for anout a month

303 590 8943

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Smashfest on Monday 2/25/08 at our new place! IF you are in town be there, we will be doing some good studying and practice, as well as recording and a local tournament between people in our crew. Be there, it will start at 3:00pm
I really should have asked prior to this... but where is "there"?
where is "our new place"?

post address for mapquest?

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
cripes, I dont think the trolly will go out that far north.
but ill take it out as far north as it goes to shorten the drive on ya.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Where the hell have the farmington guys been anyway...

Ide imagine they would have wanted to try the game out by now.

Also we need a new thread now... kill this one or get editting rights on it or something.

I need a new sig...

bicker bicker bicker....

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Ya, im gonna make a new one soon. But I wanted to talk to you guys about possibly relocating to brawl boards.
It was made by some competive players who were sick of the influx of noobs/"casual elitists" here on smashboards... and im inclined to agree.

plus, it has a code for directly punting youtube vids in posts, and it lets you have a customizable avatar without paying... overall it seems a better set-up so far.

just something to think about.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
sure, Ill be still very active in the boards however.

Wow... are you sure its not the other way around... I just saw brawl boards... pretty empty on content, and they are still talking about what "moves" olimar does... pretty sad imo.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
@ TBNJ: I'd love to do a sig for you, I need to get some graphics art stuff in anywayz, my graphic arts design class is gonna be hard as hell so I'm looking for practice. I'll just do something Olimar based? Only if you want tho.

@ Everyone: I agree. Smashboards is spam and ****talk. While I do like to ****talk, I appreciate a little "discussion" that follows the basic rules of the intertube. However, opening a new thread for Brawl (Prolly Jordan should do it) with rankings an stuff would be cool, considering Ari gawt butt hurt and left (which is weird, considering his Samus was good even compared to Kenneths, just couldn't keep up with the speed).

@Zenja: I'm in town right now actually, I won't be able to do anything for a bit however, cuz I'm all the way in Silverton for a minute. I'll give you a call tomorrow and let you know whats going down. I wont be able to play until March 9th about.

P.S. Jordan, we need a money match. I figured since you are brawl addicted, and lost your melee skills (or at least some of them) that it wouldn't make sense to do melee. Brawl you have a serious advantage. So we do both. **** straight. $5 dollars on the line. Melee first, 2/3 followed by Brawl 2/3, or whatever you wanna do. Then if it goes to sudden death, we play guitar hero 3! Yeahh.... Only if you feel up to it tho (I'll lose at Brawl) Oh, and is Peach any good in Brawl, watching vids I really can't tell.

Top Bottom