• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farmington/Durango Tournament Rankings

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
no, jumping up to meed link in the air would have given Link the ability to Nair or Fair which would come out quicker then ganon's Fair. when you get the ability to hit someones legs if they are mid jump it is usuially a good Idea to take it with the downB. however you bring up a good point, he could have jumped up, DIed back and gotten him with a Fair by out reaching links Fair/Nair.

also, he could have not been punisher if he tech-rolled away.

Brandon. call me NOW. I need your help to get a wii.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
:15 Instead of illusion, should have ledgedashed double lasered > shl to the kill.
:35 Dsmash edgeguard mindgame, pwnage.
:41 Dashdancing under a dairing ganon? wtf mate, your the shiz remember?
1:14 Very nice laser > fsmash. Good spacing and great setup.
1:45 Bad predictions, trying to be flashy against ganon = hurt
2:47 GRAB??? WTF
2:52 More good setup
END: Uair > triple laser > fsmash. wtf, shiz is too good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCakl-CrGJE

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Ya Chaddd doesnt do too good against falco. for the best ganon vs falco matches, check out Linguini under my ganon vid archive, its stickied in the ganon boards.

actually, as good as chaddd is in ganon dittos, he really isnt nearly as good as he makes out to be, a tad full of himself IMO.

EDIT:
Im haven lotsa fun with Banjo-Kazooie right now. I think what really made this game was the soundtrack.
go download it.
http://www.torrentz.com/009d5fd8ad73b2b24e5655396ae44864e75a6308

EDIT:
why did i find this so hilarious?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYhkBA7VeoY

chaddd

Smash Lord
Ya Chaddd doesnt do to goo against falco.[/url]
lololololololololololol.

I left the second thing you said out because it's quite obvious that you watch entirely too much YouTube for your own good. Maybe you should stop judging those you've never seen play or played yourself based on two new sets of videos.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
o SNAP!
I got a pro to stalk me from the ganon boards and post in a thread dedicated to the small town of Durango.

Beat THAT Duha!

your gameFAQs post aint got NOTHIN on this!

Duha

Smash Journeyman
wow i have two things to post

dark meow<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<dashizwiz

are you really breaking down the shizwiz's video cuz i can explain most of the negative things you said

one falco was not on the ledge so how would he double laser. second of all have to not scene forwards combo on gimpy they do use it to get places. and shizwiz is really really good at platforms he made a a to b line straight to the other platform to gain superiority.

the "dash dance you are talking about is non existence why you say cause you can dash dance out of a shine what it was, was wavedashing backwards to try to get out of there he expected the ganon to go further over him to where he would be out of his range.

ok 1:45 what are you talking about that is how the shizwiz plays all that was, was a miss calculation of distance ganon was going to go. not him trying to be to flashy, that is how he plays.

2:47 really if he got a kill from the combo that came from that shine nair then so what if he grabbed what was he going to do. shiz wiz choice=better then yours and he did it in the heat of battle

ok on to next order

i have to say nice ben really nice I like it. you have topped me in that department. but dun matter i have sent you a mail just to try and 1 up you again dun know if i did but im always going to try.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
I cant say who won that one, I wasnt able to view those PMs you sent me. but that still is pretty kickass.

anyways, im gonna get to farmington today(I dont care how) and but as much Wii stuff as i think i will need.
every transaction 30$ or more will enter you into a contest to get a Wii.

so im getting ResidentEvil4, galaxy, twilight princess, metroid corruption, 30$ on brawl, and perhaps geometry wars (asteroids on steroids)

now games like galaxy will be 50$, so thats 20$ wasted not going towards the contest.
so instead, im going to seperatly buy a bunch of 30$ gift cards. and then buy all of the stuff.
but these are all games I think im going to get anyways after I can get my hands on a Wii, so even if I dont win, it wont be a waste.

call me jordon, you still need to reserve brawl. the store closes at 9:00 so id like to leave by 7:00 (Im starting to really miss my car)

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
you know if you don't win, you'll have a constant reminder of why life sucks sitting in your dorm, right?

Duha:: I didn't read your whole post, I'm tired and I already know what you are going to say. I'm new at that, I was just trying to do what Zenjamin did. And secondly, I'm not too far from Shiz, when I move to Orlando hopefully I will get to play him alot and I'll learn enough to win. Between him and Lambchops, maybe I could make my Falco crazy to. I have all the tek skillz down, triple shine like a *****, lhdl, all that stupid stuff I learned. Duha, you wouldn't imagine how much better I've gotten. I guess you will just have to wait and see.

p.s. You grumpy or something?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
my edit button isn't working right now. However:

Zenjamin's Ganon >>>> Chaddd's Ganon

:::: **** straight ::::

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the absence and lack of contact. I just finished a 3 day lan party/smashfest at my place with mogo, martine, morgan, elliot, and andy. Was fun exhausting and good for my smash mojo. Ben I dont practice by watching videos, sometimes it helps, but I find it helps to play people of equal skill or greater, or at least thats what I learned in TX, Cause if you watch videos, you learn what people have seen, and not your own style to surprise or showoff with you just become some person that tries to imitate a pro's character.

Yeah meow, I found that edge guard a long time ago going to random posts in the link forum. Only problem with it is if its executed the wrong way, you fall without DI or any recovery at all, I like my bomb drop d-air edge guard too ^^

Anyway, dont get me wrong videos are great to learn from and all, just don't solely do that. And no, I never play comps.

Sorry for not wanting to drive 30 minutes out and 30 minutes back ben, I had plans though.

And yes you can use my place anytime for smashing, jusr let me know like a day in advance or at least a few hours.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Alright, Jordan, you organize the DLP smashers alright? I'm throwing a smash tournament.

$5 entry, doubles, rules are MLG standard except all DK levels are exceptable.

Infinites are allowed (in case anyone knows any infinites).

I'm gonna get Paul, Ari, and Albaquerque. oh right, date: TBA! Yeah the best part. It's at Zenjamin's dorm OR Jordan's apt, still being worked out.

I'm am providing free of charge, mountain dew for the smashing. Cuz I am going to miss Durango Smash Crew.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Videos, great source of information. That's how I learned all of the falco tech in like a week (that and forward). Zenjamin and Duha: You guys shouldn't criticize the pros. I don't know why, I can't back that up, but it seems almost wrong. XD But strangely funny.

BTK: You willing to provide transportation for the Albq. people? I will pay half the gas if your up to it (I'll prolly ride along with ya to, could be a fun ride). If not, I'll take my friend Xia's car if he'll let me.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
"Strangely funny"
thats a good way to describe it. but mainly I do it because it IS how i learn. I really dont have anyone to play anymore, so watching vids is the only i get better as I only smash about once a week (less, as it doesnt look like we will be smashing today.)

anyways, ill know if i won in half an hour... but its doubtful. I only entered once over the phone. so thats about a 1% chance of me winning... o well, at least I have galaxy... no braw, but still...
I need a car... or at least a motorcycle. (I always pictured myself as a motorcycle guy.) only it would have to REAL cheap.

PS
you can edit your post by click the edit button again after it takes to your post that looks like it deleted all of your text.

PPS
Ron Paul took second in Nevada and he might win Louisiana.
YA BOI!

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Ron Paul is kewl.

And I know what you mean, but I am on Jordan's side to. Videos will suck out style. My Falco is weird, it's like half forward, half shiz XD *Yes, they have completely different styles of play.*

I still think you are better then Chaddd. I'll play him in FL to. So we'll see.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
thats why you watch more then one pro. to mix styles ant create a completely new one.

also, are you serious about thinking Im better then chaddd? because your wrong... but feel free to tell him that. ;)

EDIT:
GAT DANIT!!! FRACKEN MUDDAH BRAXKEM MUNCH LACICH!

this girl at the PNT got my hopes up.
i called to ask who won, she said it was a guy from colorado, I said i was from Colorado, she said "congratulations!", I said YES!!!, then she called me Josh, then i said "Fu*K. YOU!", and then she said "Go to gamalon, and fu*K yourself."

... do any of you know someone from colorado named Josh?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Yeah, quite a few.

Josh Mead - Josh Stout - Josh Cook - the list goes on

And mixing styles and all that means nothing. Look at bombsoldier. He doesn't have a tech background or anything, he has MINDGAMES. Yup, nobody in america has mind games like the Japanese counterparts.

Seriously, watch any Bombsoldier, Captain Jack or Ken videos. Hence why Ken is amazing. m2k doesn't count. He's just a gift from god to the game. But they have mindgames, it's hard to fight something that knows what your doing better then you.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
actually, its quite the oppisite with ganon.
the american ganon's are all about mind-games and spacing. its the Japo ganons who are all technical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biiRBEAhYL4

EDIT:
in is verry important you watch/listen to this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liLQvs8CZro

Im reposting this because its a pet peeve of mine to me the last to post on a page and have my post referenced but not quoted...

anyways, when are we smashen? I thought you were gonna bring the smash scene back to life Jordon.
weve still got the ability to use the projectors over here and stuff etcetera.

EDIT:
who the hell is Lucario?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuGSKXA20w

PS.
this thing from gimpy is also verry good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9khDedACgY

... infact, just subscribe to gimpy if you havent already.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Lucario is like the new "MEGA" pokemon with psi-powers! I don't actually know, but that is my guess. And also, Gimpy is right. Hence why I think I could beat Shiz when I go to florida. Just gotta get him in the wrong mindset XD

btw, I found my new idol. Mew2King. I didn't realize he was so good until just recently, the guy is amazing! Makes Ken look sissy.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, big heads up.

I will have brawl anywhere between the 1st through the 3rd of February since Im getting the import and I have a modded wii to play it. SO... I will OF COURSE be holding a smashfest and possibly the first tournament in the area for brawl, no big entrance fee since we will be our first time playing it. Me and Mogo (Bryce) will be playing it for a bit to see what we can unlock right away and decipher the Japanese, you are all welcome over once I recieve it, I will post on the forums to let you know I just opened the package and Im brawling - and go ahead and make your way over. And no I will not give you a ride, I will be stuck to my wii and TV playing brawl for the next 3 days non stop.

see ya next week...

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
But Japan and US have the same release date for Brawl...

But, if that is the case, then count on seeing my face at your house, and for a few days. Minimum. It's gonna be weird not having a wavedash or anything, but I'll still pwn you all. I'll get some video recording stuff, and we can officially make the first BRAWL COMBO VIDS yo. not really, that'd be noobish.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Wrong.
Bwawl come out in japan in 6 days.
it doesnt come out here till march 9th.

anyways. I FIANLY got a Wii.
So ill be going down to farmington sunday to get galaxy with Jrodon and whoever else wants to come. (before 5:30 this time)

also, I think im gonna trying to start playing some charcters for preperation for bwawl... unless jordon can spank them all, then ill whip out the big guy again.

EDIT:
That pic of the rouster we saw at your house... its fake. look at the profiles for the not revealed charcters, none of those pictures are new, all of the pictures for the already revealed characters are unique to brawl.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
When they released the Wii, it was distributed with a new non-regional coding system. The PS3 and Wii both can play either japanese, korean, american, doesn't matter. Non-regional coding was incorporated because my friend here has some *** games and plays on a non-modded wii. So I don't think you'll have to mod it Jordan ^.^

Anyways;

@RunningBrave: We still on for a Sonic match when I get to TX? (Sonic food*) Kenneth says you're good

@Zenjamin: Dude. Irony. I have been practicing against Ganon for two weeks to pwn you, and I went to Comicon (IT WAS THE ****!!!!) entered the tournament. 1ST ROUND I GOT WOBBLES! 1ST FKING ROUND!

Well, I figured I could beat him, with proper spacing (thank you Kenneth) and a good mind set. He plays Ganon, so I'm in the zone, I pick falco. Wrong. Right there was wrong. It was like playing three of you at the same time. Ridiculous. His Ganon was amazing, but I took him to one stock

*The tournament was gay, 4 stocks, 1 round (meaning ONE GAME per match) and single elimination. So, yeah, I got ****ed. But I learned how to play Ganon ^.^*

I think they recorded it, so you can see it on youtube soon.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I think I might just switch. Or maybe I'll just create a simple message board without all the fancy, and get my Dad to use his Server to host. It'd take like a week, and it'd be simple as hell. But there are alot of important people on the boards, so it'd be hard to seperate. Let's ask the pros! --->

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Hey Jordon. when did you order brawl? do you know your Que#?
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=138563

On a separate note, The PnT isnt holding tournaments anymore... also, the DSC should see an influz of activity once you get brawl. perhaps even another ranking system?

Its about time we created another thread I think, just so we can keep track of... stuff, and... stuff... i stayed up too late...

anyways, do you want to create it, or should I?
I post more, but I dont know how long Ill be in Durango. (ill definitly be gone in 3 years) also, Im not here during summer.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Bad news,

Play Asia has posted a message on its website saying, "Please note that Nintendo has badly cut pre-orders placed by all distributors and is only shipping very limited quantities into the market this week. Our first shipment of Super Smash Bros. Brawl has reached us today, only covering about 15 percent of all pre-orders that we have received."

I ordered from playasia.com....

So yeah, If they dont ship mine by the 15th Im just canceling all together and Ill wait for the release here.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
playasia is where to order it? I'll do overnight delivery, or just go to Ebay.

Jordan, you never answered me, is the Wii nonregional coding like ps3?

And btw, WE NEED A CREW! I'm gonna be back very soon, VERY SOON. ALBQ is gonna come kick our *** if we can't get it together. It's 4 stocks, 6 people. They have a semi decent team, but I think I can take off 2 of them.

Team DSC/Farmington:

Dark Meow 1
Zenjamin
Paul
Ari (?)
Andy
Jordan

Is that what we should do? I'm hesitant to Ari, seems like he stopped playing recently, Zenjamin's Ganon is good at winning, but not keeping his stocks together, Paul is great at the same, Andy either 4 stocks or loses, Jordan I've never seen play. I'm gonna post a video of me beating the **** out of my little brother tonight, so look out ^.^

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Oh, sorry for the double post, but:

Zenjamin: U wanna be my Doubles Partner for the tourney ^.^

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
just got an email from play asia that I will recieve it within the first week of feb, Im ok with that. and yes it is regionally bound, you need to get a wiikey to mod it, it takes a bit of technichal work like opening your wii and saudering chips, but, I can now play burned games and imported.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ya, ill be your doubles partner.
and your right, I dont have the right mindset for crews. I do what I need to win, but no more. if i get two stocks ahead, I often get too lax.

When will you be here Brandon? you have my #, right? I really have only played about Three times since i last played you .

anyways, ganon looks to be nerfed abit. but thats OK. this time around, there are other characters that catch my eye.
Ill be randoming between ganon, King DDD, Wario, Lucario, and Meta Knight.
(assuming that Lag-canceling is still in... there is still confusion on how to do it, the fast-fall version was taken out)

Also jordon, I think you overlooked my post about a new thread.
On a separate note, The PnT isnt holding tournaments anymore... also, the DSC should see an influz of activity once you get brawl. perhaps even another ranking system?

Its about time we created another thread I think, just so we can keep track of... stuff, and... stuff... i stayed up too late...

anyways, do you want to create it, or should I?
I post more, but I dont know how long Ill be in Durango. (ill definitly be gone in 3 years) also, Im not here during summer.
... then again you prob wont read before i get a chance to talk to you.

Brandon:
when are you comming?
how long will you stay?
also, i wouldnt stress about the crew battle too much... or anything long term with melee. once Jordon gets Japo brawl, melee will likely be a thing of the past. (assuming he ordered in before last week, he should get it shipped during the 5th.

well, ive got to get to work... ive got three papers due tomorrow that i havent really started on.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Aye I did order before last week, anyway. Yeah Im up for another thread, I think we should stick with one soon though lol, we have like five out there.

I wont make it though Im busy and get very little time to check up on the boards unless my work is slow like today.

Top Bottom