• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farmington/Durango Tournament Rankings

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hey Durango. If you guys want to come to my tournament you are more than invited k :) Hope to see alot of smashers there. Just PM me or post on the tournament thread to let me know if you are going k

Smash Journeyman
the epic match-up between kennith's samus and my G&W is now at 2-2. the final match will take place in the near future... DSC abroad FTW!
You will DIE!

and dang jarred, if Kennith's samus was playing like it was last time i played him, you got better.
Yes... And to mention he annihilated everyone in the room w/G&W... Until I brought out the samus.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Man Ide love to come to a tourney, if its at least within an hours drive, but no more than that for like a month or two cause I spent all my travel funds for moving here, renting a place, car, gas, and all the mumbo jumbo.

So if its in denver, prolly not, Ide love to see how much better Ive gotten after running with the guys in texas, they beat my *** when I first moved there up and down the street :( til I was pretty much forced to get better with my link and dk. It was just one of those moments that shut you up after you think you get good at something, but hey It sucked and I learned from it at least ^^.

But yeah no out of town tourneys for me until later next month.

Happy new years too btw.

what the hell is DLP?
Durango Lan Party. Happens once a month held usually at La Plata Electric Company's confrence room or at a hotel conference room.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
ya its in denver maybe another time when you can get our money back up.

jordon do you still talk to gwen

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
ya its in denver maybe another time when you can get our money back up.

jordon do you still talk to gwen
Nope, sort of had a falling out... Some crap happend when she came to visit me in TX, got a lil fussy with each other, said sorry and was all better like a week later, then she vanished. So, long story short = no.

NIXON

Smash Rookie
HEY!!! DID ALL OF YOU FORGET THAT I STILL PLAY SMASH?!? you people never call me to play and i havent seen you in like a month brandon...this is andy and i have been playing with ari lately and you guys need to call me to smash or something!!! by the way if you forgot my number is 769 7182...i have had noone to play so i am starting to decline. CALL ME!

Duha

Smash Journeyman
hmm was that last year when i was still in durango or did that happen rescently cause i called her and left message but she didn't answer. Nite from denver told me that she can't play games anymore cause something happen to her wrist of hand or something like that. I hope she is alright

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
That sucks! Thats like taking the wings away from a pilot... all I knew her for was games O_O.

Anywho, yeah heard from andy that no more smash tournaments are bieng held in farmington. That sucks, but I already fixed the problem. Monthly tournaments will be held at the DLP each month. Cash prize or possibly a video game related prize will be offered at each tornament, of course they will be MLG format rules as well.

Get a hold of me for more details. Ill get you more details as well closer to the time.

Also what did you guys do to Andy? lol he got a lot better from when I left, he actually techs, l cancels and waves with a set of nicely built combos with shiek - aside from the needle spamming. Good job! :laugh:

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Ya, everyone in Durango got better.

When Kennith came, we all rose to his level pretty quickly. At first i thought maby he was getting worse or perhaps he was never quite as good as i thought. but im thinking that playing kennith just... makes you better.

I smashed with Duha last monday, and I did great.
His jiggs used to **** me and read me with ease. getting 3stocked was not uncommon. But i dont think his jiggs ever took me in a set on monday. (he did pull some high tier bull **** on me though)

sucks that there will be no more farmington tournaments though. not even after brawl comes out?
why do is sense another durango thread? actually, I think textbook could handle it all pretty well. hell he was the founder of DSC and tournaments in the area.

I will need an excuse to go down to farmington to spent all the credit I accumilated though.
hey Ari, do you guys have the Wii in yet?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Sorry to hear that you cant make it man. I understand that pain tho. If anyone else is interested sent me a message k. We can provide housing and all that. Laters.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
@RunningBrave: I can do the mm at FS2 if you'll be there. I'll be going with Kenneth.

@Ari: You still sound like a girl.

@Textbook: Andy was terrible, but he always beat me cuz I was a noob (ask Duha, I sucked back in April). Then over the summer I just got amazing. I can keep up with pros in AZ. He got mad cuz I started winning, and voosh, same thing with him, he got better. I'd love to mm you tho, DSC spoke of you as a god, and if your link is anything like LoVos then it could be pretty interesting ^.^

@Ben: When you getting back to Durango man, it's my last chance to Smash with you!

@7734: I just found out I'm going to be done by the 10th, so I should be there around the 17th (I have to go to Durango for a week and say goodbye and all that ****. I know, gay)

@Tw1n: I won't be able to make it, but tell allaboutpeach I'm after heads.

@Duha: Is this a momentary out-of-retirement thing, or is this Duha's-back-for-more?

@Andy: You should stop thinking about girls and start smashing. Everyone knows smash>girls. *I even heard your dating someone 0.0 Is it the girl in oklahoma or wherever?*

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Good, then the following sunday I swing by your pad, we smash, we head to the pub and have a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over. (that was a quote, see if you get it)

EDIT::: OMG, this **** is funny!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HrJ47f-uIJU

Show me your moves! (Watch it, you'll laugh)

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Sure, Ill mm you. I need to do a few warm ups and play some people cause I havent played in 4 months, cause all the smashers in texas disappeared after the last tournament, it was wierd. Anyway, yeah I improved in speed/ mind games with my link and been was working on DK when I last left off. That and Ive been getting into guilty gear too, so I have 2 games to remember combos at and not get confused ROFL.:laugh:

Lets play sunday? Im off? My place? Yes?

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Good, then the following sunday I swing by your pad, we smash, we head to the pub and have a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over. (that was a quote, see if you get it)
I messed the reference.
anyways, do you mean next sunday or this sunday (the 6th)?

Jordan:
MM DK/ganon?

tw1n

Smash Champion
QUOTE]

Thats a Shaun of the Dead reference right?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
And Tw1n scores.

You guys watch the Falcon kick?

And yeah, next sunday I'm down. (I'll post if I can't make it at least four days in advance, I have a bus ticket, last time I had to get moved to a later date cuz the bus system is gay)

EDIT::: Guilty Gear is the only thing that amounts to smash.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
WORTH DOUBLE POSTING ----

SHADOWCLAW 2 HAS BEEN RELEASED! I've just lost my virginity all over again...

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hey Durango. If anyone else wants to come to my tournament to test your skill you are more than welcome too. Some of Texas and even the best of Arizona are planning on attending (including Forward!). Just PM and let me know k

NIXON

Smash Rookie
oh and by the way girls can be very fun. ido have a girlfriend and you need to call me when you get in to town.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Jordon, did you get my messages? im not sure i got the right number.

not that it mattered. the pass was closed sso i didnt get back till 10 last night.

next sunday then.

PS.
does anyone wanna go to the PNT next weekend? perhaps play some farmington people? I know they are not doing tournaments anymore, but i gotta buy a Wii and use alla that credit i got saved up... also get banjo-kazooie/ banjo-tooie if they have it...

I should prob call and make sure they have Wiis.

EDIT:
I always thuoght it was... odd to talk about your girls with other guys. ya, we all go out, we all... relive ourselves. so what? its part of life.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Nope, prolly the wrong number. again -> 956-342-4346

Ill go to farmington, not soon though due to all this snow, but yeah sunday is fine. or any night this week, since I work mornings all week long and off on the weekend.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
@Andy: It's not laurel is it? Or oklahoma? I'll just give you a ring.

@Jordan: You should see if Elliot's down with having DLP sometime soon, then we could get a good night of smash in. I'd like to do that. I won't be able to smash more then like 1 night though, maybe 2. I have to go say goodbye and hang out with a bunch of different people before I leave for Texas. (I say that now, but I'll prolly end up smashing alot)

@Zenja: Has your Ganon got much better since I left? My M2's ganon game is what I'm working on right now, and I think I could 3 stock your old ganon, but I'm not sure. Oh, and my little brother is like taking heads. He pwns me now, after Ganon he wanted to play a high tier, and picked up Peach. He looks like Drk. Peach or something. Crazy.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
I dont know. I only played once during the break. but for some reason, once I started incorporating full-jumps into my game, i started to get better in all respects... at least that was how it felt.

But im sure i havent gotten better then you, in your cross-country-smash-quest-road-trip... thing. you better be a monster after all of that.

see what i did there?
I made it so if i lose, it wont be any big deal because of you playing so much more then me. But when if i 3stock your M2, youll fall on your face. ;)

PS
is that person in your icon a guy or a girl. either way its pretty sissy. :p

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Ok, so what about the new 4-corners tournament this saturday? Its only 3.5 hours away from Durango according to mapquest, and some of the best will be there including forward.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=133309

are we going? Im down. where would we be staying? would Ari want to go? would he house us? if not, they have housing.

it sounds to be quite fun, and the last time I played anyone so good, my throat was closing up because of all the fracking cats... wait. i havent even asked if they have pets yet.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
@Ben: Definatley not driving to Alb NM. That soon after the holidays and my move up here, If it were next month Ide be all for it, not only that but durango got like 5 million feet of snow so... yeah. Tournament here or in farmington sounds good, but it will have to be on the weekend, our tournament is coming up too here at the DLP.

@D-Meow: Sorry not linking the screen name with the person yet - who is this again? And the Durango Lan Party will be on the 18th, I will be hosting the smash tournament.

Next month - Im not sure of the date but as for now this months tournament will be on once again - the 18th. Ill let you know what time the actual smash portion of the party will take place and what prizes will be awarded. However there WILL be a seperate entry fee for that tournament, so paying to play at the LAN will be another payment if you want to do pc gaming and anyone is welcome to play from any other state, so NM get your arses over here on the 18th, if you need a ride let me know and I can probably come get you guys before it starts, just pitch in like 2 dollars for gas, and not sure If I can give you a ride BACK. If I do take you you should meet me at the game store. Anyway, yeah 18th... be there... lets get some smashing in the area going again, bring newbies show them what its about, teash them, get more smashers before brawl that way we can do better after the release.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
dang.
you sure man? what if the snow clears up by the end of the week? also, the further south towards NM we get, the better the conditions will be.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ok, so id still at least like to go.

But you said you would be willing to go to farmington? perhaps we all go down to farmington on friday, play at night, then Paul and/or Ari can give us a ride the rest of the way?

Or, if Brandon or Andy can find a car that would make things much easier.

NIXON

Smash Rookie
hmmm i dont know i work until nine o clock but after that i might be able to get a ride if my friend is willing.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
If Brandon and others have not responded by tomorrow night, i will start calling people.
Andy if you get your friend to lend or rent out a car, i could drive us all the way.

PS
"Goodness! Captain Olimar joins the fray with five colors of Pikmin in tow! He plucks Pikmin from the ground and they fight as his allies.

Without Pikmin, Olimar can’t even do a Smash Attack. And the short-lived Pikmin tend to scatter. Theirs is a fated symbiotic relationship."

W?
T?
F?

EDIT:
ok, Paul is going down to albq, and it sounded like he had room for two more... who else is interested in going? what about you Brandon? it seems silly no to go to such a big tournament when it is so close. plus, its about time I MMed Kash.

If he only has room for two, then Brandon would get preference over Andy because he has a MM with Ferdi. and thats one of the unwritten laws of smash, if you have a chance to fufill a MM, you must... but we will still likely need a ride down to Farmington, you still game for the farmington trip Jordon?

EDIT:
hey Brandon, whats your new contact info?

Top Bottom