• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farmington/Durango Tournament Rankings

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
so kennith. how do you go about inviting me to demonoid?

also, whats the deal on tournaments? whats happening this saturday?
(I only have the next two weekends befor finals and then christmas break)

hey brandon, you in town yet?

EDIT:
my room-mate dropped out. so ive got the room to myself all the time now... thinking of redecorating so i will have way more room.
anyone, drop by if you wanna smash.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
@Ken: Dude, you couldn't beat me in a match if your life depended on it lately XD But now you're in Texas, so when I go visit you in a few weeks, then bet your *** there will be a 20 dollar mm XD I'm going to try and master falco now, fox got boring after a while. Yeah, you and then straight to DoH.

@Zenja: Nah, I won't be there for a bit. I'm trying my *** off to get there though. Pisses me right the f o. My school is ****ing with me and changing my transcripts (or in one case, sending me the wrong one entirely, very illegal). So, I'm having issues. But I should be back sooner than later.

Smash Journeyman
Zenj- give me your e-mail address and I'll send you an invite. Its a code that you enter when you register.

Bran- I'll money match you any day! My DK pwns spacies! (even more so now)

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
**** spacys, you know where I've been, so you know who I'm gonna ****IN PWN YOU with. **** straight.

I'll pwn you with Falco after I learn from Da Shiz or somethin. But ****, since we both have money, I'm sayin a 50 dollar mm, recorded. That way I can rub it in your face XD

Arms

Smash Rookie
Yo durango guys, this is patrick from farmington (crappy CF player) you guys coming down for the tournament today?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Kennith, I wouldn't play spacies. M2 man, my m2's gotten way insane man. This dude G-mo taught me a bunch without teaching me (we did a couple m2 doubles). Dude, o-death combo every time ^.^

I'm tellin ya', you're gonna hate it.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
hey patrick. sorry i wasnt there to respond...
anyways, brandon wasnt in durango, so i didnt have a ride...

and next weekend is the weekend befor i have 5 finals in one day, so i wont be going then either...
and after that ill be going to Boulder for winter break, and wont be back till Jan7... and by that time Brandon might be gone for good and i wont have a ride...

EDIT:
hey kennith, check out the way Phanna handles this stage... too bad he lost the set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESivaC1-r3g&feature=related

(there were also some kickass dittos between ling and renith... but you guys prob dont care bout those)

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Sup everyone. I won't be gone til like March, but you don't get to smash for a while XD See, I'll be coming back and we could smash that weekend you have 5 finals (I bet we could fit in a couple hours or something at your place), and then you take off for christmas break. Then I end up going to Florida for a couple weeks, and I'm taking a bus back to Dallas instead of going right back to Durango, and I'll be in Texas from Jan 15th till some big Final Smash 2 tourney I'm gonna go to with Kenneth. Then I'm coming back for a month.

btw guys, my brother did something amazing. A 0-death combo with Link! On ME! It was like, pro or something. Definetly going in the history books.

I also got some vids up finally. I was playing horribly as you can tell.

Best 2/3 Dark_Meow(Fox) vs. Light(Amazing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UfVPKFGj7k (Fox vs. Peach)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0-F9zuhMGE (Fox vs. Peach)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-FJgJjMD0w (Fox vs. Peach)

Yoko (Marth) vs. Dark_Meow (Falco)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foQIe9LVsbk (Marth vs. Falco)

Alright, like I said, if you watch I'm not shorthopping or being a pest that's right in the face like I normally do. And I don't know if that Falco video was very good or not. But yeah, I'm going to try and win some more. btw, Light is absolutely awesome. Especially considering he was less then sandbagging against me in all of those games.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
correction Dark_Meow, he was sandbaggin in the first 2 matches, u can clearly tell that in the 3rd match he owned you; and his style was COMPLETLY different compared to the other 2. first matches he was just trying to play fast and not even play smart what so ever, he doesnt even play like that, only in the last match he took it serious

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
so? Brandon, less then half a year agao, was a 100% noob. as in 0 tech skill, 0 mind games. i really sucked when i first played him, and i could still 4 stock him.

he has progressed more and faster then anyone ive ever known... and I can tell in those vids two tings. first, that he has learned alot since he went on his little road trip, little mini combos, shines, and great use of spot-dodge that will make him much more scary when he comes back. and secondly, while you could tell light was sand-bagging, you could also tell that Brandon was thinking the whole match, little unnesscary pauses. thinking too much can be inequivalent to sand-bagging... only thinking will make you better once it starts to become second nature.

so lay off my durango bro man. he wasnt claiming to be better then arizona, hes just haven a good time and learning along the way.
and were just a small little crew from yuppy-town butt-frack nowhere... if one of our own can make someone like you defend someone like light... im proud.

anyways Brandon, great job... i should play you for at least an hour before i leave... perhaps i wont go home right after finals, ill use wednesday to unwind... ya that sounds like a good idea.
hopefully Kennith's idea of, people getting better the longer they go without playing, is true... ill need it. and as itll be our last match befor i leave for a while, perhaps a 5$ MM?

my last final ends at 9:30 wednesday... but i may need some time for sleep first... whatever, well play it by ear.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
"if one of OUR OWN can make SOMEONE LIKE YOU defend someone like light... im proud."
well he's my own BROTHER, not some random fanboy of his. of course ill defend him.
im just saying. and i'll say what i want about my bro, thats what i do. anyone else i wouldnt mind, but hes my real life brother

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Because the quality of someones playing can be interpreted infinitely (because of course the quality of someones gameplay is always relative) we can only make assertions by what occurs. Simply put, how someone plays, regardless of "sandbagging", is ALWAYS representative of how "good" or "bad" they are. Sandbagging is an excuse. And I do not think "good" players make excuses.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
Because the quality of someones playing can be interpreted infinitely (because of course the quality of someones gameplay is always relative) we can only make assertions by what occurs. Simply put, how someone plays, regardless of "sandbagging", is ALWAYS representative of how "good" or "bad" they are. Sandbagging is an excuse. And I do not think "good" players make excuses.
"because the quality of someones playing can be interpreted infinitely" - in what logic of yours does that make any sense? what are you trying to say?

" (because of course the quality of someones gameplay is always relative)" - well duh, what does this accomplish by saying this? its a true statement, what wouldnt be relative about someones gameplay?

"we can only make assertions by what occurs."- another true statement, what are you trying to prove by saying this? of any course of action, u can tell what occurs by it.

"regardless of "sandbagging", is ALWAYS representative of how "good" or "bad" they are. Sandbagging is an excuse. And I do not think "good" players make excuses" - and this is a untrue statement, someone can completely play different then they usually do, and even just suicide off the stage for no reason, or even just do all up-tilts; does this show how good or bad they are if they are sandbaggin? how could u judge their skill if they did such acts?
i dont understand what your trying to say, try to shine some of your amazing logic of yours upon me, for i might not be worthy

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, are you trying to sound like you know what you're talking about?

1) The game is digital, thus there is a finite amount of possible games in total.
2) Gameplay being "relative" has no effect on whether or not something is infinite.

If you want to call someone out for johning, then go and do it. But don't make up a bunch of mathy sounding gibberish and think nobody will notice. Because they will.

(For the record, Light has been known to intentionally throw friendlies. That way they don't try hard, or pick the wrong character, in tourney)

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Alright, you guys took this way out there man.

I said Light less then sandbagged (meaning he didn't even make effort to sandbag). I complimented him. Light is amazing. And I think your right, he did try in that last one, with the 0-death combo XD

I'm not interested in arguing about sandbagging and all that, Light is just a good player. And hopefully someday I will get to play him and D4rk again. Everyone cool now?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Alright, you guys took this way out there man.

I said Light less then sandbagged (meaning he didn't even make effort to sandbag). I complimented him. Light is amazing. And I think your right, he did try in that last one, with the 0-death combo XD

I'm not interested in arguing about sandbagging and all that, Light is just a good player. And hopefully someday I will get to play him and D4rk again. Everyone cool now?

Also Dark, I was sort of sandbagging my self, but not on purpose. I got really REALLY nervous when I played Light, so I made a lot of mistakes, and didn't even really shorthop. I think if me and Light play again, it might be a really good match ^.^

P.S. How do I beat your sheik, or any sheik, with fox?

Smash Journeyman
See Brandon... I told you that you double post alot!! You know there's an "edit" button right? Hurry up and get down here.. I cant wait to own your face!

Duha

Smash Journeyman
lol you guys are so cute

spirit dragon is pretty **** good no offense but you will get owned dark meow

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Duha, wtf is up? You dissappeared! **** dude. You remember who I am, don't you?

And I know, I've played Ferdi before, but I'll be able to win. Rafa is going to be unbeatable tho XD I think there's a chance I could beat ferdi.

@Ken: stfu n00b, double post ftw. And I'll be down man, final smash 2 has to have a winner right?

Duha

Smash Journeyman
dark meow did you play when with me a jared in durango or do you play in denver? Your name doesn't ring a bell

yes i did i needed to get school right cause i was failing out cause of smash. so i needed to disappear haven't picked up a cube controller since that tourney in denver where i lost to lovo.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Dude super intense. And no, you only played with me once. I was that fat kid that went with you to AZ ^.^ And we crashed at my mom's place. The big n00b. Yeah, I got better. Way better.

hopefully Kennith's idea of, people getting better the longer they go without playing, is true... ill need it. and as itll be our last match befor i leave for a while, perhaps a 5$ MM?.
Dude, screw 5 dollars. Lose buys lunch at Sonic! Yeah.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
i remember you now lol you got owned by taj lol anyways happy to see you got better and happy to see four cornets thriving good job guys i still rep dsc

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ouch BTK. you got hammered with comebacks there. But its all good. Hey Farmington and Durango, my friend and I are most likely hosting a tournament probably close to January 12th. BTK (aka Johnnylaw) has some of the info but its still in the making. Its probably also going to be solely NM since we want to see how Farmington and Durango compare to Albuquerque. We can provide housing if anyone needs it. I will be coming back with more info soon. Just wanted everyone to think about it.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
DUHAAAAA!

thought you died man, how's it?
ya, everyone down here got way better. (andy not so much)

and get rid of that disgusting old vid of me and you... im much better now... at least my tag or sommit... still not great, i have been focusing more on school this time round as well, but im not stupid anymore... no such patterns.

so how are your grades an all since you stoped smash? ready to get back innit?
either way, it looks like i wont be playen you till brawl comes out... and from what Gimpy's said, thats gonna be a whole new ball-game.

EDIT:
wait a second, you didnt move to Texas... your still in denver arnt you?

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I am still in denver so when if you come back for break ill be here. Haven't played since the tourney before ccct. So i am proabably n00b now.

and no on the video it is a testament to how much you improved it stays

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
don double-post noob!

did you get any better form the time i played you from the time you stopped playing at ccct? I didnt touch a controler all summer since i last played you...

blah, im doubten myslef again. i know ive gotten better and won alotta money at local tournaments here, but i remember how you used to read my ganon like a book... im not sure it will be enough.

anyways. im comming home from Durango around thursday and ill be going through denver... when i get there could i perhaps stay at your place and hang/smash for a day or two?
(id be hitch hiking into mainstreet, so id prob need a ride to your place unless its easy to get to via bus/walking)

Duha

Smash Journeyman
that is a negative can cause i have to work and my girlfriend lives with me. i also work from 4pm-3am on wednesday thursday and friday and then m-f the following week. I am low on money and i need to pay rent. but i will try to play on weekends just hitch a ride with the boulder guys one day to play ill try to play most weekends during the break.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=39956259&page=1

lol me and greg must read my first day and i already pissed a pro off for telling him he made a n00b mistake.
Who the **** is g-reg? ****ing n00b, he said that no one is good enough to shine 100 percent of the time out of arials. Wrong. L-canceling is perfected in any decent smash scene. And that's really all it is. Besides, he wasn't even really that good, I mean, Forward is twice as good as him with sheik. (I dunno if you've heard, he quit falco and started Sheik).

Pros aren't that good. PC Chris and Ken are up there, with m2king, I mean those three I'd declare unbeatable by others. But like, Forward, DoH, Shiz (I'm gonna play him soon!) I can see them within the boundaries of beating. Everyone has errors, you just gotta take advantage of them.

@7734, the bus ticket is for the 2nd of January, so I'll come hang with you then. I don't have a car (I do own one now, but no gas money for a 16 hour car ride XD). It'd be cool if I could stay for a few days. I'll be leaving to Orlando on the 6th I think, and then coming back on the 18th, and I'll stay until the 3rd of Feb. Hope that works ^.^

Duha

Smash Journeyman
he is good at best **** good is over stating his skill level. barely a pro if you ask me if you can even consider him one. He became popular because G-regulate is a awesome name and he is one of the best players that talk in gamefaqs. They worship him on gamefaqs and he is worth no more then a few people giving him a high five not being worshiped.

Smash Journeyman
Don't get me wrong.. He is well over rated, but he's still d&mn good. I know a c falcon player here in dallas thats almost as good as g-reg and he's d&mn good too! So I'm not categorizing above any other good falcon players... just with them!

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
C. Falcon is weak in general. Top tier, Fox, Peach, M2 (wait...). That's where it's at lol.

I've decided. M2 is a counter for spacies and for Sheik.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
falcon is really good gregs falcon is just good compared to other top falcon player

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
basically, everyones gotten better. but if mike would have kept playing like all of us nerds he would be a nationally known jiggs. therefore he has the right to talk **** to anyone.

best team ever = my jiggs + duha's marth

Duha

Smash Journeyman
basically, everyones gotten better. but if mike would have kept playing like all of us nerds he would be a nationally known jiggs. therefore he has the right to talk **** to anyone.

best team ever = my jiggs + duha's marth

lol so true about our team my tipper your rest isnt that odd

Top Bottom