• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farmington/Durango Tournament Rankings

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I will play Brawl as a different game. I'm interested in Melee right now.

STAGE BUILDER FTW MOTHA ****AS!!!!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
hey kennith, it looks like ill be comming over tomorrow if i come at all.

im soo fracken swamped.

and ya, that stage builder thing kicks ***. looks like if our fav melee stage isnt in, we can just make it.

bombshelboy

Smash Cadet
Hey sorry about not posting this, but the top 5 players got an additional 5 points depending on where they were on the tops...for instance, Zenj got +5 because he was rank 5 on the tops whereas Stuey who at the time was a rank above Zenj got +10 so on so forth.

Now it needs to be stated that the new system, while simpler, is also easier to exploit. If I see someone trying to exploit it (even though I made it simpler because people wouldn't stop complaining that they didn't get the rank system) I'll give you a warning then a DQ

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ah, coo. thanks for explaining that. this ranking system should balance itself out pretty nicely as time goes on. (does a "win" count in terms of matches won, or sets won?)
im not quite sure how this system would be exploited though, if you threw the second match to win the third you would still end up with less points then if you had won the first two

i cant speek for everyone, but the ranking system was never much of a big deal. its the brackets that im worried about, for reasons i have already stated. it has a fundimental handycap built in, also it does not provide more matches played for those who did poorly in the first bracket. pool brackets would do the same thing. have you considered that?

humm, after not playing a real person for the last two weeks, i really dont care as much anymore. i gotta get my *** over to kennith's big-screen and remember why this game is so **** fun... which means i should stop typing and get my **** work done.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm going to play with Southpaw and a few people on friday night, then a round robin tourney (free) all saturday, should be fun, I'll post how good I do ^.^

Ari::: Zenjamin and Stu were tied, remember? Other then that you were right ^.^

Post the results of this saturday for me guys

Smash Journeyman
Zenj- Gets you're B&$%H A$$ to work, so you can come to my M&#^ER F*#&Ing house on Halloween!

Brandon- I have enough Diesel Boy to drive all the way to Dallas, and not have to listen to the same song twice! Thats a F&$&Ing lot!

Everyone else- You guys can come to my place tonight/tomorrow too!

HOUSE + LINE = 970-884-9354

Later B&#*$ES!

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I have enough people to smash with all the way to pheonix, and not play the same person twice... *maybe*

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
even if you dont like watching ganon matches, hell even if you dont like watching smash matches, you should watch the openings of magus' vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz4uOrEoqVU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A4NWc-Hhcw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5vkKXwwK3w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxmHF11Sq-c

also, brawl proves global warming.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=123623

EDIT:
hey kennith. ive still got alot of work to do, but im burnen out. I think im still gonna play today. if your cool with giving me a ride there an back i could do work in the car and at your place in intervals.
all work and no play eats and melts my brain stupid.

Smash Journeyman
When did you want me to give you a ride home.?. Tonight or tomorrow? I have to be at work tomorrow at 7:30, so giving you a ride in the morning would be better for me. Plus I dont have the gas to drive to durango and back twice in the same day. Paul and ari came over last night. It was fun!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
morning should be ok for me. ill bring my sleeping bag and sleep outside. sleeping with that mask doesnt sound like fun.

so anytime after 3:30 is good for me.

P.S.
the more the merrier, if you can get paul and ari to come again that would be supper. becuse i wont be able to play the whole time.

EDIT:
Ari::: Zenjamin and Stu were tied, remember?
forgot all about that. i was wondering why we were ordered that way.
/shrug. as i said. its the lack of pool brackets that matters, that affects both money and rankings. im perfectly willing to play my way towards the top of the rankings though.

EDIT2:
8:00 and still no word... i suppose ill see you saturday then.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
How's Durango foos! I talked to the school place, I have all the credits I need to grad, I just need to take 1 credit's worth of class to be enrolled, and then get an online diploma. I also got an auto loan, I'll be getting my car on Monday (WHEN I GET MY POINTS BACK ******!), then I'll be back, so like, next weekendish (I'm gonna stop by Tuscon to go play with Taj and Forward I think tho). I'm thinking of getting an HHR Kennth... What kinda car should I get?

What's pauls new main?

Smash Journeyman
Sorry zenj.. My car had a flat tire and then I fell asleep! I'm off saterday so we can go early if you want.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
humm. how early? there are some things ive been wanting to do at the mall. get new glasses(mine are being held by duct tape) and see the nightmare before christmas 3D. im not completely caught up, but enought that i should be able to take all of saturday off. and it would be good if andy wanted to come aswell.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
You guys are ***s... (TNBC part anyways)

Hey, burn me a copy of that diesel boy and leave it with gabriella before you leave alright!
And also, where am I staying in Texas, I'm moving December 21st for sure, in print, okay with everyone ^.^ I'll have a car.

EDIT::: Yo Ken, you have to go to my tourney now, even if it means driving back from Texas. We got pros, and I think like 30 people from Arizona (I'm gonna go play with them tomorrow morning). But if you come from Texas, bring people back with you, like Blue Zaft and doh, seriously.

And Zenjamin, come to Arizona for a week, I'm bored m-f.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
i told you... i dont have a cell phone anymore... but i did fianly get a phone in my dorm.

247-6647
if you cant reach it b/c its a campus only phone, just comm and knonck on my window.

and TNBC wasnt playing at the mall, but there are alot of good movies out... but they do not display their playtimes.

is andy coming?

Smash Journeyman
I dont know exactly what window it is.

Brandon- I have your copy of diesleboy already burned. and I doubt I will drive back from TX, but I'll ask everyone if they want to go! If I can get enough people to throw down on gas and/or drive I'll probably come.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
well, i won again.

paul took the throne of the winners finals after knocking me into the losers bracket. and i worked my way back up from there.

paul almost beat me in our third match of the first set. but i grabbed a barrel on DK64. but i was able to take out two of his last stocks even though i was on my last at 120-180%.
that seemed to put me in the right state of mind because i beat him pretty decisivly in our first match of the second set... which may have been why he decided to try out marth.

kennith lost to in his first match-up. but eatch match was pretty close.

Stu:
what the hell man?? in our second match you took me to my last stock and a high percentage, beat ari, and actually beat kennith. me and kennith were talking and it seems like you force people to play a style they are unfamilar with. you place people on unfamiliar ground by forcing us to play a can and mouse game. its hard to combo or mindgame that style. als it started to frusterate me into mistakes... but you gotta play to win.
but when i eventually do hit you it can lead to a death.... kennith, against stu, i suggest standing back... dont ever bother approaching him. just stand back and missle spam him untill he is forced to play on your terms.

Patrick:
see? i can remember. id have to give you most improved award. your grab game is epically good.

new guy. pikachu:
i was impressed. your offensive game was good and i saw potential there for it to get better. i actually expected you to do better... i think you are one the few who is not defensive enough.

ari:
i heard the assinstant manager (i think) talking about lowering the prize because he thought you guys were losing money through these tournaments... just dont let him lower the prize more then what we pay for it.
ex: 50%, 30%, and 20% of the money entered to the tournament... though if you could have it be more then that, as store credit does not exactly= hard cash. taht would be fantablious.
thanks again for hosting it.

thats all for now.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Well, my turn then ^.^

I went over to an AZ Round Robin, and did extremely well. I feel good that I'm on a high level of play now, as I beat light (one of the best peaches in the world, about 2 times better then DoH as stated by Wobbles), and also beat most of the competition. I'm gonna have videos up to *I was recorded beating light! YES!*.

So, I did terribly in the RR, but all of my recorded matches I did exceedingly well, and at least got them to one stock. However, I couldn't beat one guy named Omar, and he played samus (wtf?). His Samus was like half as good as Kenneth's, but I had teh Demon effect on me. But like I said, my Fox is really good compared to what everyone in the Durango area was saying. I think I'm good enough to be top tier in Texas. Next week I'm playing Forward I hope, and it will be recorded, so I can show you all how good my fox really is (they talk of Forward as a god here, so I am a little worried). Good look with the local tournies guys ^.^ I should be home soon and you can stop winning ^.^

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
hey, nobody recently said your fox was bad... it used to be bad. but you have improved your fox ALOT.

grats on your great performance. ill bee looking to studying watching your vids

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Well, my turn then ^.^

I went over to an AZ Round Robin, and did extremely well. I feel good that I'm on a high level of play now, as I beat light (one of the best peaches in the world, about 2 times better then DoH as stated by Wobbles), and also beat most of the competition. I'm gonna have videos up to *I was recorded beating light! YES!*.

So, I did terribly in the RR, but all of my recorded matches I did exceedingly well, and at least got them to one stock. However, I couldn't beat one guy named Omar, and he played samus (wtf?). His Samus was like half as good as Kenneth's, but I had teh Demon effect on me. But like I said, my Fox is really good compared to what everyone in the Durango area was saying. I think I'm good enough to be top tier in Texas. Next week I'm playing Forward I hope, and it will be recorded, so I can show you all how good my fox really is (they talk of Forward as a god here, so I am a little worried). Good look with the local tournies guys ^.^ I should be home soon and you can stop winning ^.^
Omar as in Bloodofthefallen Omar o_O??? And wow that's extremely good progress you've made. Would be weird to see compared to how you did waaaay back in CO's C3.

Rang Flash

Smash Journeyman
It's AZ Omar (aka Toro) not BloodoftheFallen. He's an underground professional level smasher and is insanely good. He 4 stock ***** me a few times, even while sandbagging. If he's only half as good as Kenneth then this Kenneth guy must be amazing.
(hope you don't mind me invading a Colorado thread)

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Nah, It's cool Flash, and is Omar really professional level? Was he just sandbagging or what, I mean his samus wasn't bad by any means, but my samus took his to 1 stock on FD, and 7734 (the Kenneth guy) would luagh to here that.

And Ferdi, I've gotten way, oober extreme better. Maybe a mm - rematch?

Rang Flash

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm is he really at a professional level? I dunno, but that's what the rumor is and he was probably sandbagging. Some people are mad that he isn't on the AZ top 15.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Nah, It's cool Flash, and is Omar really professional level? Was he just sandbagging or what, I mean his samus wasn't bad by any means, but my samus took his to 1 stock on FD, and 7734 (the Kenneth guy) would luagh to here that.

And Ferdi, I've gotten way, oober extreme better. Maybe a mm - rematch?
10$ Best of 5, first match is double blind?

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Nah, the Omar you played at the RR wasn't BloodoftheFallen, he's a differen't Omar. The Omar at the RR is "Toro".

Anyways, you were pretty good Dark_Meow but to tell you the truth I wasn't really taking the second battle as much serious then the other two battles. You beat me one match but I made up for it the third match. Sorry about that, no disrespect though as your mad cool, I just wasn't trying my best on the match you beat me. Next time I play you I'll go all out, ok? Cya.:)

Smash Ace
Hey, this is Nephi AKA 2007, just dropping in to say hi *subscribes*
Might not be able to show up to the tourney next week, but 11-17 will work.

heck with it. I might even show up on the 10th if I can scour up $5.
=2007=

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Well, on the third match that 0-death combo didn't help me win at all ^^ You are amazing, which makes it cool that I beat you at all ^^ But if you go to the one this Saturday, and I find a way to make it, I'll win next time. *also, what's the secret to beating your brother's sheik???* lol

Ferdi: Sure, worx for me, mm on december 1st... (out of curiosity, how noobish was I on a scale of 1-10 the last time we played?)

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Well, on the third match that 0-death combo didn't help me win at all ^^ You are amazing, which makes it cool that I beat you at all ^^ But if you go to the one this Saturday, and I find a way to make it, I'll win next time. *also, what's the secret to beating your brother's sheik???* lol

Ferdi: Sure, worx for me, mm on december 1st... (out of curiosity, how noobish was I on a scale of 1-10 the last time we played?)
Cool, hope you play you again. And um... I dunno lol. Sometimes he's a tough match for me as well. :confused:

Smash Ace
So, is Final Smash still on Dec. 1, or is it like on Feb.9 now? (the Saturday before the game)
=2007=

Top Bottom