• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farmington/Durango Tournament Rankings

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
You ganons are so picky.... From now on your new main is Fox, cuz its easy to type.

Anyways, you guys down with going to the Albq. Monthly happening this Saturday? If we each throw down 20 for gas, it should be cool, and its our last chance to do the crew battles, cuz Kenneth is leaving soon. So I really think we should go. We can take these guys, and btw, its Mostly Durango.

Albq. is going DOWN!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
meh. if the drive to farmington is too long for the albq people its prob too long for us. and 20$ is alot of money for me.
/shrug
kennith's the ride. see what he says.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Zenja, this is about smash, dignity, and proving that Durango has the best small town smash scene. This is about proving our skills. If your willing to master Ganon, then be willing to test your skills! don't be negative about it. You should crave to go to this, as much as I do. (showing I have spent too much time in speech and debate classes).

Kenneth, whatchu think? I'll just call you.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ya, and im not spending enough time in biological anthropology class
or archeology class
or statistics
lit
comp
Japanese history

and im in midterms right now.

also, i never really expressed an ambition to "master" ganon. i dont have nearly enough time to do that. (assuming they wont keep on pushing brawl like the TP). My ganons for given me a good time, and enough money to buy a wii.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Well, my Fox is for pwning, and I need your help for a crew battle, so it'd mean a bunch if you do decide to go.

Alright Alpha. Just curious, who's on your team?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Really, the smallest town smash scene would be Thornton, which includes the following people:

Ferdi

Thats it. But I guess I was adopted by Aurora or something.

Anyways, to make sure, I'm guessing that the 4 corners tournament is now going to be on November 17th? Do you guys have a link or a thread up for that yet?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Well, my Fox is for pwning, and I need your help for a crew battle, so it'd mean a bunch if you do decide to go.

Alright Alpha. Just curious, who's on your team?
It'd be:

Alphabravo
Erich
AllBoutPeach
Sinz
GoldenGlove

Except Sinz probly won't be there so it'd be

Alphabravo
Erich
AllBoutPeach
GoldenGlove
Kash

...except Kash may not be there either, in which case it'd be

Alphabravo
Erich
AllBoutPeach
GoldenGlove
Sliraobe God

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Alright, sweet. And yeah Ferdi, it's on the 17th, but I wanna make sure I have the place I reserved, I'm talking to an organization known as Play N Trade, to see if they'll help cover costs so I don't have to charge venue. As soon as I get the okay, I'm going to make the thread. If I still don't get the okay by friday, I will go pay for the place and post a thread for it. Utah already said they wanna go (never even thought there was a utah smash scene tho)

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
You should make a thread BEFORE you get venue or anything, that way people have a thread they can look at, decide if they can go, ask you questions if they're thinking of coming. Seriously, make that first priority. Then after the thread is done you can put up venue, money, food, all the other detail updates in AFTER you get them. So yeah.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm doing it right now. Thanx Ferdi, good thing your a genius ^.^

Albq., we can't come to you this saturday, I might be able to borrow my friends car, but then it will just be me. Any chance you guys could come to Farmington? Maybe not this saturday, but the next? Either one works, but I'm looking forward to playing you guys alot.

Does Tetsuya still play?

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
so...

you guys are not going to the monthly after all? i thought you were.

anyways, im thinken im skippen the torny this weekend. also my phone finally completely died. so you can only contact me here.

EDIT:
WDing is out. but it looks like they have added some new techniques to replace it. also Lcanceling is now automatic i seems.
also, you can now attack after air-doges, cancel and stall airals, and air continue to attack after an upB is used on the ground.

i actually like this. none of the depth is being taken out but they are making the meta-game more accessible.
all of the mind-games with less of a learning curve on muscle memory and finger speed.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121441

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Wavedashing was what seperated good from bad in my opinion.

Ben, I won, again. Yeah, I know I'm great. I can't get beaten anymore, I'm just too good ^.^

Also, Ari plz plz please update the ranks.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
"Wavedashing was what seperated good from bad in my opinion."

i 100% disagree. anyone can WD. my little sister can WD.
WDing is what seperates the mediocre from people who dont care enough to learn the timing.

its the mindgames of how to properly implement WDing that matters. how to do any attack out of a run, dash back for a quick counter attack, moving in and out of a player's attack range to confuse them, ect...

none of those things have been removed. its just become easier to do. the knowledge of how to implement those mindgames have remained unchanged.

anyways. ill come to the next torny and end your streak then... however i fear that you have just surpassed me.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
WDing was important to my game, but I'll work around it and find new glitches with fox to make him l337 again.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
actually, ive heard fox was nerfed hardcore. more lag on the shine, floater, Uair cant kill, and over more slow feeling.

mario apparently is the best demo character as of now, followed by MK. bowser was buffed alot too.

ganon is going to ****. with a trident, shorthop plasma blasts, no flinch frames, glideability, ect...

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
the first post:
Last edited by bombshelboy : 10-21-2007 at 05:15 PM.
last three tanked tournaments have me getting 1st, once and brandon getting first twice... wait... NM, i didnt see your note saying that the ladder wasnt updated and that it would be soon.

but still curious...
*NOTE: Wins and losses were getting too difficult to track, so they were dropped. Also, a ladder reset has occurred, the top players will recieve 5 aditional points for the rank position they were in.
what do you mean by this? do you mean kills and deaths will no longer be tracked (not wins and losses)? and what do you mean by ladder reset? as in everyone will be reset to 1000 but for the top five who will be tied at 1005?

why?

also, did you read what was said about pool brackets? reactions?

EDIT:
hey kennith and/or brandon. my phone is completely dead now, so contact me here for when we are meeting up for the tourny sat

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
"Wavedashing was what seperated good from bad in my opinion."

i 100% disagree. anyone can WD. my little sister can WD.
WDing is what seperates the mediocre from people who dont care enough to learn the timing.

its the mindgames of how to properly implement WDing that matters. how to do any attack out of a run, dash back for a quick counter attack, moving in and out of a player's attack range to confuse them, ect...

none of those things have been removed. its just become easier to do. the knowledge of how to implement those mindgames have remained unchanged.
Unfortunately. I disagree with you here. NOT everyone can wavedash believe it or not. And although being able to implement wavedashing into one's game is clearly the most important aspect, it doesn't even matter if a person can't wavedash. Being able to implement and utilize wavedashing is easy, with time it just becomes second nature and you can do it effectively and know when to do it. Do you even remember the exact point in time in which you noticed that your wavedashing has become properly implemented in your game? I sure couldn't, because it was both a subtle and an easy thing to do. Too simple for us to catch. So in the end, it truly does seperate the good from the bad, because those who are bad are the ones who are the scrubs, the ones without the mentality to add one of the most amazing addition to their game simply because they don't care to learn the timing. Meanwhile, the mediocre players increase their playing skills gradually and will further take the steps to becoming "good".

Smash Journeyman
Wuts up.. Sorry to inform everyone thats depending on me for a ride to Farmington tomorrow.... But I cant come. Find a ride and win the **** thing! I'm stuck dog sitting for my sister. Who ever wants to come to bayfield and smash is more than welcome. If enough people show, we can even have a tourney.

Smash Journeyman
Are you talking about my place or farmington? Cuz I gotta work sat. and sun. so I could give you a ride back to durango.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
i was talking about farmington. put paul didnt pick up.

p.s. my phone is working again

EDIT: i cant give rides to farmington anymore, so... it looks like we are not going.

bombshelboy

Smash Cadet
Hey guys...I just posted the results as well as the much simpler to follow rank system. Its easier to exploit, but also easier to understand so it evens out.

I'm not sure a tourney will happen today, no one has showed up.

Sorry about taking so long about updating the ranks, I just didn't have the time

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
there was only one ranked tournament since this thing started where i have not gotten at least third.
In the last two ranked tournaments since the update, i have gotten fist and third.
and after that i somehow got knocked down to sixth?... im sorry, but that is bull**** no matter what system you use.
im not even going to bother to try to understand how you ranked this or why you decided to reset the ladder when you did.

whatever, no big deal, we know where everyone stands. ill just MM you every time i see you, thats what realy matters. (though the pool brackets post should be responded to, that does affect money)

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Zenjamin, that tournament you lost your phone and didn't go to, it was a huge mutual decision to restart the brackets so only win/loss counted, and people in the top got an additional like 15 points, but since you weren't there, we all got more points.

I'm leaving for Arizona for about 2 weeks tomorrow morning, I'm coming back with a car, and I'll be here till December 8th, then I'm moving to Dallas. (More likely December 15th, or around there, but I'm planning for December 8th) I'll be able to go down to Farmington the first two weeks, then my tournament on the 1st of December (the set date), and then 1 more tournament before I leave. After that you'll have to get a car (or not go cuz 3 of us are gone now *andy doesn't really play*) Or you could move to Texas with us ^.^

As for everything else, Ari, please get the Farmington City Civic Center reserved for December 1st, you need 13 8 ft. rectangle tables, and 2 extra round tables, from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., labeling it on the board as *Super Smash Bros. Tournament*. Thank you very much in advance.

Love you all, see you in a couple weeks.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ya, i suppose i just dont get how... it seems paul missed every tournament i did sense the reset as he has 0 wins, yet he kept all his points while i got knocked back to 1000 +5 (not 15), also the relationship between wins and the points that are still up there.

/shrug.

as i said, in the long run it doesnt matter. im cool with whatever as far as rankings go, it looks like this will be a good system and should even itself out. but i would like to hear your opinion on pool brackets

so it looks like ill be going to the next two tournaments with kennith, then i can get a ride with brandon till dec 15... after that it looks like ill be waiting for brawl.
ill miss you guys, but not enough to follow you down. texas sux:p (though it would be nice to play Jared again)

Smash Journeyman
Hey zen, what are you doing tuesday night and/or wednesday?? I'm off and the roomies are in san diego. I got the 64" TV with massive speakers! You wanna know what its like to smash.. arcade style?!?! Ask brandon what it be like!

Smash Journeyman
What time do you have to be there on wed. and thurs? and what time do you get out on tue. and wed??

That sounds confusing but im sure you'll get it!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
tue i get out at 5.
wed i get out at 2.

both wed and thu i have to be there by 7.

also im trying to stick to a more strict work schedule, i keep putting shit off and having to pull all-nighters.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
That's the way to do it.

Also, that match was pretty epic, the cloud was way too convenient.

And lastly, playing at Kenneth's was the most insane experience I've ever had, and if I could reproduce it I would. SHL's seemed as epic as a 0-death combo with pichu. ITS AMAZING, DO IT!

Smash Journeyman
Well get all your work done!! I get off at 4:30 tuesday and I'm off wednesday. I could either <1> pick you up tuesday and bring you back wed. morning @ 7... or <2> Pick you up wed. and take you back thurs @7. (we would actually have to leave around 6. Either way it'll be fun. We'd get more smash time with the 2nd option since you get out a 2. (but if I have to bring you back the same night I guess I could.... for some gas money!)

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
you guys should read this article

sums up brawl perfectly.

im really phyched for it now. because this is exactly how i play. i fast fall befor i attack or Lcancel, i focus on spacing, i rely on hitstun instead of consistant combos to keep the other guy off balance, i like to use platform dashes as a sort of air-dodge --> attack...

i actually think im gonna like brawl better then melee.

EDIT:
gimpy has also said that praticing tech skill in meele will not help you prepare for brawl, just mindgames and spacing.
brandon, i suggest you start praticing with mewtoo more and less wth fox.

Top Bottom