• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Famous Melee Quotes

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
"These guys don't look too good, I bet I could beat them"

-any n00b posting on a youtube video of pros, immediately getting flamed by 1000 angry smashers. It's too funny.

"Is this how melee ends? With a Jigglypuff ditto?"

-someone at pound 3

"I hear this is new school Bombsoldier vs Ken? Smash history?!"

-HarriettheGuy

greenblob

Smash Lord
"Oro, you just won $300 at MLG Orlando. What are you gonna do next?"
"I'm going to Disney World!"

Chillin: "PC Chris? Um... The only thing worse than his haircut is his playing style. Nah, I'm just kidding, PC Chris. Your playing style isn't THAT bad."
"That felt good, Isai. Thanks."
"Zelgadis is really amazing at Smash Brothers. I really like how every combo he does, his crew members DI the wrong way, and they don't tech, but that's really impressive."
"To use the word 'chillin' in the same sentence as 'Zelgadis' would be a disgrace to me, the great Chillindude829..."

Neo: "Chu plays gay...and he plays gay..."

crescentia

Smash Journeyman
Zjiin said:
I'm the erotic sultry/sensual kind of smasher.

I come in when your defenses are down... and sweet spot with frame perfect timing. After slipping you a heavy dose of pills, I gently remove your stocks from you while whispering the tier list in your ear. As I laser spam in your face with my fountain of dreams, it keeps you where i want you, stunning you with every hit. I moonwalk over to you and d-throw you to your final destination. Even though your mouth says no, your percent tells me a different story. As i break through your shield with my rising pound, I begin to build up my charge shot. The Pk-fire gets really hot as I start to misfire. I wobble you over and over until you cry out "End it already!" and beg for me to bring it to a climax. As my donkey punch hits you, i release my Nayru's Love.

...and they always come back for more.
A response to a "What kind of smasher are you?" thread.

Kokuryu

Smash Rookie
Well, this one time I was playing the "Girl Power" event, where you have to fight Samus, Peach, and Zelda, and you're tiny. Well, I was C. Falcon, and I hit all 3 of them with one knee (KO'd 2) and yelled "Misogy-KNEE!"

jugfingers

Smash Champion

greenblob

Smash Lord
Ken: I know why we lost.
Isai: DieSuperFly?
Ken: No. It's 'cause East Coast is better than West Coast!

t3h stock slayer

Smash Apprentice
"F*** Brawl"-my best friend and crewmate...
"Brawl is where the money's at...Melee's where the heart is at"-Tope (at least that's what I was told o.o)
"Melee is to Brawl as ice cream is to burning your face on a hot iron"-BarkAtTheMoon
"Melee 4 LYFE!!"-who hasn't said this XD
i loled so hard at the second one for some reason xD

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
whoa forward posted in this thread, I wonder if he still plays melee....
Not really. He doesn't really play at all, but if there's an in-state tourney, he might come by and enter. But he will hardly get any training before, and he'll be rusty and ****, and things will be disappointing and lame, and he's still going to place :/

However..

"What your Marth needs is less technical and more forward smash" B-stick

"WELCOME TO AMERICA" Someone after Bombsoldier lost to Simna

"They need to make a third Smash game" YEAH!
"What about Brawl?" Someone
"****, that **** isn't Smash!" YEAH!

"Wanna box?!" TAJ

"You know what? I don't hate Peach. I hate YOU!" Wobbles to Light

"The only way to really approach Peach without getting crouch cancel downsmashed is d-air or grabbing. Then again, would you REALLY be surprised if Peach could crouch cancel a grab?" Wobbles

"God, I love this game" Me/Everyone

"Tai, you're awesome. You house us and play Melee" AXE or Vectorman
"Hell yeah. If you guys didn't play Melee, I would have kicked you out of my house already" Me

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Wobbles had something on Peach from Pound 3 it was like

"How much do I hate Peach? Okay. Imagine all the pain in the world. All the war. All of it. Now condense that pain and agony into a tangible form; say a person. Now give that person a pink dress and stick her in a video game. **** Peach."

Or something. I don't remember if it was wordier but yeah it made us lol.

FingDIAHK

Smash Rookie
My friend was fighting a jiggs and said

"Why do you always hit me and run. JUST LIKE MY FATHER!"

Cinder

Smash Master
*points to the EDIT BUTTON*

Anyway...

"RAAAAAAAAAPEEE!!!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!"--Tope during crews at one of his old bi-weeklies...ah, I'll never forget that XD

forward

Smash Champion
play me in tournament ***** - after beating mango in friendlies
p-bodyyyyyyyyy! - mango, while riding an invisible rodeo horse, holding the controller in one hand and c sticking left and right
haayuvashuroaauuhhuuaa - that thing that darkrain's crew does that they got from the nebraska crew
poop on 'em - nebraska
crusty - nebraska

chillin to me "hey isn't that the guy that got 2 stocked by tope?"
me to chillin "dude, i can't believe you just lost to the guy who got 2 stocked by tope"

Zone

Smash Champion
"OMG HE HIT HIM WITH HIS BUTT" shouted by some guy at G4S2 after luigi did his jabs.
"DAMMIT! Chudat's perfect hair is in my way." -by Jman at TGMTSBCO
"WHAT? A PHANTOM? What is this Opera" -Parker
"Don't worry, Dashizwiz plays better when he talks on the phone." -anon @ gigabits

greenblob

Smash Lord
Husband's Florida rant.
Wife's "long sleepover" rant.
Chillin: "OK Azen, I'll take Nana and you take Popo."

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
-watching my Marf vs PR's Falco-
KCoast: Where the **** does a bird get boots?
PR: The boots store. OHHHH.
Me: LOLOLOLOLOL

"Let's go play with that box over there 'cause it's really aggravating. JUST KIDDING! Ooahhhhhhh!" -Mike from the Mindgames combo video (intro)
"Ya know, if I didn't keep killing myself, I could even own you and Ken in a 2v1." -a friend of mine

greenblob

Smash Lord
Random idiom: "Pulling an Azen"

Ken: "Pokemon is a game of luck--anyone can beat anyone else"
"Hopefully there will be no Sheik. I just hate Sheik" (referring to Brawl)
"Every other pro has such a cool alias and it brings fear to other players, for example, Azen Zagenite. Ohh scary, or even KOREAN DJ, when I hear the word Korean it already gives me the shivers."
"To the noob who asked me the question 4 years ago, 'How long is Marth's sword.' It is exactly 36 inches long."

FingDIAHK

Smash Rookie
Me and my friend have this running joke. When someone is about to ken combo you, you feel it and your mind screams "DI away" and your hand is like "Dude we got this he will mess up."

So whenever someone gets the hell combo'd out of them we look and say with out hands:

"Dude we got this!"

HiIH

Smash Lord
Hand-Dude we got this, no problem man, just keep DIing in
Brain-No No No No, DI away DI away
Hand-NO DUDE, COME ON, WE'VE GOT THIS
Brain-OH GOD JEFF NO

Top Bottom