• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcos overwhelming power with aggression

SK92

Smash Journeyman
I think i will switch back to my agressive strategy...

Who else goes all out aggressive?

Offense greater than defensive falco?

If ur offensive you wont get timed out

discuss, i have to make a decision

swordsaint

Smash Master
a combination

you dont want to try and force the openings, a falco that approaches badly/predictably will get *****.

you wanna bait and create your opening and once you're inside that zone you should try to keep it by overwhelming them.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
What Swordsaint said, a combination would be best. I look at my own % in regards to my opponent's % to determine when to play aggro and when to play defensive. For example, I play extremely defensive when a match begins until I can sneak in a grab (Once I get that grab, I play aggro. )Then it's CG>Dair>Gatling Combo (Or any CG>Tech chase), and immediately phantasm away after getting my hits on. So, now the opponent has around 75-80%. Back to playing defensive, after all, you have the lead(AND LASERS), meaning they HAVE to approach. I stay extremely campy and defensive while I rack up damage with lasers/side b/jab shenanigans, and once they hit KO percentages, I pressure them with bdacus. If that doesnt do them in, Ill happily continue to camp them until I can KO with uptilt or bair. So, essentially, I only play Falco aggressively when I know for a fact I won't get punished for it.

Go aggro SK92! So long as you space well, and bait your opponent, you can punish well.
Saying that mostly because I sort of pseudo-aggro myself.

kismet2

Smash Ace
Best offense is a good defense(wise words from Ash Ketchum :p) but yeah some players won't be afraid to time you out. Just because you go aggro won't make the person think that they HAVE to approach, just play really conservative and play how you feel is best.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Going all out aggressive isn't possible if the person your playing is near your level, it's not even possible for MK mains. Brawl is a defensive game overall, so you have to be able to play a good denfensive style. It's best to have a good combo of both styles, but usually camping > aggro.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
High aggression can pressurise and fluster your opponent for a short while but if they're any good they'll regroup, breathe, go on the defensive, and start punishing hard.

Falco can do it all, so really it's a matter of using your best judgment to decide what you should be doing in a specific situation.

I just like defensive Falco because it just causes you to get so many openings for attack. Still if you find a playstyle is paying off bigtime for you, don't be in a hurry to change it, don't fix what ain't broke-ded.

And that right there is my share of the real talk.

pulse131

Smash Ace
rly depends on how your opponent plays/thinks. do whatever you need to in accordance to what they do.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
SK92 i think you should do it go aggro and one of 2 things will happen

1. it will work (or something might) and you will have advanced the meta game.

2. it dose not work out and you go back to being the best player in your region

lol not much to lose as far as i can see

XNHX

Smash Rookie
sk92, i picked up falco because of your agro style, if your playing for style and fun id say go agro: noone can play falco as agressive as you can so id say, advance yourself as an agressive player keeping in mind not to try and punish shields bec u will get ***** nd thats not what falco was made to do. Players like Dehf or m2k or adhd have perfect reads and reactions, this will make it extreamly hard for you to play all out agressive bec everytime you space wrong you will get punished. all in all id say keep your agro style and advance falcos metagame, when your playing top ranked players use agro style spontaniously , they will get caught off guard bec your falco agro is crazy lol but dont ply all out agro. take some tips from Larry when playing high power ranked player and put your own agro twist on it.

HotWings

Smash Ace
I would say just go hybrid with your styles. What i do and i know im a new falco player but i still know enough about the game. I normally play defensive at the beginning and try to get a grab in and then i can normally play aggro for a little bit until there at like 80% or so and then like i Dair you said, i phantom away and go back to defensive until they come to me.

Honestly you shouldnt play defensive the whole game and you shouldnt play offensive the whole game. You should switch your playstyle whenever you feel is the right time to switch into aggro or defensive.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Patient aggressive is probably the best playstyle for most characters in Brawl. Pure defensive means you're missing out on opportunities.

Just do what works for you SK92, every Falco has their own playstyle they're comfortable with.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
defensive, sk92. hit the other person without getting hit. abuse falco's strong keep away game. it forces the other player to play aggressive and allows you to penetrate holes in their defense.

besides falco isn't the best choice to be offensive with when you look at top tier match-ups like MK, Snake, Wario, Diddy, DDD. anyone that has ******** aerial mobility cannot be aggro'd with Falco for the most part.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I remember the days when SK92 was ****** face whilst playing aggressively :p With the new shape that the brawl metagame has taken today it'd be tough to relive those days.

Top Bottom