• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon's Manly Grab Release Combos FINISHED!!

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
well did it work?
in my game i naired ganon and grabbed him before he hit the floor causing him to air release... that means you can air release most if not the whole cast with nair > grab...

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
ah i see but some chars that require nair arent listed, such as snake, he cant be air released without it...
and i never got it to work on fox/falco unless they were offstage....
i also think that if you air release sheik from the edge, you can follow with a knee, same with fox... can you test those for me sir?

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
so you can get a free Falcon Dive after air releasing Marth? i would think he could air dodge that

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
If you're taking Marth off the list, then aren't you assuming that the "combos" aren't frame perfect? With that logic, you might as well take everyone off the list. Other characters don't have moves that are pretty much frame 1 and they can use in midair, but most characters have a frame 2-5 aerial. I have no idea how reliable your combos are, but they are only combos if they are inescapable. Otherwise they shouldn't be on the list. Not trying to sound mean. If you're not sure, get a friend or someone else in your house even to try to get out.

From what I see on the list, a few things may be off- buffered dashes have no effect on B moves (they aren't necessary if the special would otherwise combo), and I can't see slower moves working like smashes or side/down B when no faster moves are listed. I'll try some things for myself, I know I'm criticizing a lot here, but the list just seems to be kind of inconsistent. And for air releases, you can air release every character without using nair, although nair is useful. You can always grab a character when their feet are off the ground another way, they could be offstage, you could be on a platform, etc.

Blahblahwutever

Smash Journeyman
Good point there, T3H N00B, and no, I didn't take any of that as offensive.

And my brothers and sisters HATE brawl, and they suck at it as well.

P.S.: In case your wondering, I'm 11.

Player-3

Smash Hero
you can uair ness out of an air release.

also i believe you can knee him, but the timing is strict

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I was working on putting something like this together....
Here is a few things you left out:

*MK*
air grab release> regrab
air grab release> Fair (in theory)
air grab release> Dair

*Wario*
air grab release> Dair (tech chase or spike)
air grab release> Fair

Look into Fair and Dair set ups with air grab release.

Tenki

Smash Hero
i cbf'd to search this thread, but is grabbing fox by the edge > air release (NOT PUMMEL RELEASE) > run off gimp knee > (optional) FSJ an inescapable OHKO?

You might also want to try delaying the knee just a little bit to minimize Fox dropping instead of double jumping ASAP.

Iwan

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but the only really reliable thing in here that's sure fire is if you're playing metaknight you can chain grab him to the edge of the stage.

Grab him, pummel once or twice, let him release, dash right away (buffer dash, if you will), regrab before he hits the ground....rinse and repeat until you're at the edge of the stage, then release...and then go for a knee offstage. The knee isn't guaranteed depending on where MK releases from you (i.e: if you didn't release him from the very edge or something).

Sometimes you'll sweetspot him before his release animation ends, giving you an early KO near the blast line of a stage.

Sometimes you'll trade hits; you'll sweetspot and he'll aerial to momentum cancel, so you'll take some damage but still get the early KO.

Sometimes he'll aerial before you get there and you should gtfo and get back on stage.

It really depends on how far away from the edge of the stage MK is released from. Even still, I love doing this everytime I play a metaknight. Take note: It's still an awful match up for us...rofl...

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Just letting you guys know,
the Wario air release stuff works. You can do pretty much anything you want against Wario after the grab release.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Does anyone know if Martha can be combo'd by the use of GRs?

I fight too many Marth's and would greatly appreciate any info on that matchup.

Top Bottom