• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon's Manly Grab Release Combos FINISHED!!

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
The falcon community is sort of isolated from the rest of the boards.

We are NOT a friendly community.
Well, we can change that. I'm sorry for whatever I said in the Q&A that you didn't like.

I think we should post only about grab releases here. Whether they're completely accurate or not, the guy who made this thread did it to help discover grab release movestrings, and the current discussion isn't really helping that cause.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I think we should post only about grab releases here. Whether they're completely accurate or not, the guy who made this thread did it to help discover grab release movestrings, and the current discussion isn't really helping that cause.
We, he isnt either.
His intentions are good, I'll give him that, but unfortunatly nothing more.
Not saying he cant change that, but the current discussion is getting us nowhere yet.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Well, we can change that. I'm sorry for whatever I said in the Q&A that you didn't like.

Yeah...Okay. But changing the boards is hard. Considering people still have hate towards each other.

i hate all of you
See?

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Awww... this is freakin' sad. I don't hate anyone here. Honestly guys, I think we're getting a lot of stuff done on these boards. Falcon mainers are pretty motivated, I think.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I know you were kidding. I misquoted you for the lulz....

But I have an odd sense of humor....

Back to grab releases.....
for sure...

I haven't really tested this yet, but I think after Jigglypuff gets released you can combo straight into a falcon dive. If so, that should be added to the OP.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
>.> im always ignored in this board even though im kinda old here lol...

SuSa

Banned via Administration
>.> im always ignored in this board even though im kinda old here lol...
If you seriously believe that...

-giant facepalm-

Keep it on topic, gentlemen.

Because I don't even need my own words to say things.

Can you guys even air release Snake?

Also are you testing if the people can jump away? Some people can jump relatively early compared to those who cannot (MK)

Also - might I add - some of these just don't see possible. (Mostly the Falcon Kick ones) because your opponent can simply jump to avoid it.

On another note IIRC if you want to air release - you cannot be pummeling. Pummeling is how you get a grounded release (which is how Marth has his pseudo-infinite on Lucas/Ness)

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Air Release Snake...? I don't think it's possible. Unless you're on the ledge, but that's pretty obvious when that's gonna happen. lolcypher
Anytime they're in the air, you can grab any character and force an air release. So if you get one grab, you can often uthrow Snake at a low percentage and force an air release. This is assuming that there are any true combos after the air release, I agree with SuSa about some of the combos probably not working. And pivot grabs allow you to air release taller characters than normal, but Snake is probably too tall to have an air release forced from that.

Zeallyx

Because I don't even need my own words to say things.

Can you guys even air release Snake?

Also are you testing if the people can jump away? Some people can jump relatively early compared to those who cannot (MK)

Also - might I add - some of these just don't see possible. (Mostly the Falcon Kick ones) because your opponent can simply jump to avoid it.

On another note IIRC if you want to air release - you cannot be pummeling. Pummeling is how you get a grounded release (which is how Marth has his pseudo-infinite on Lucas/Ness)
Only characters smaller than the character who grabs them get air released (their feet must be off the ground).
Or else they get ground released.

But the enemy can tap jump/hold up to get air released.
To force a ground release, one must be pummeling the opponent when they are beeing released.

In short:
Every character can force a ground release on every character, but forcing air releases requires the grabbing character to be bigger (as in, holding the grabbed character so the grabbed charecters feet are off the ground) than the grabbed character.

Meaning, that this:

Anytime they're in the air, you can grab any character and force an air release. So if you get one grab, you can often uthrow Snake at a low percentage and force an air release. This is assuming that there are any true combos after the air release, I agree with SuSa about some of the combos probably not working. And pivot grabs allow you to air release taller characters than normal, but Snake is probably too tall to have an air release forced from that.
is false.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
So you're saying that when a character's feet are off the ground when you grab them, it doesn't force an air release? Explain cypher grabs then, among other things.

Zeallyx

So you're saying that when a character's feet are off the ground when you grab them, it doesn't force an air release? Explain cypher grabs then, among other things.
what?
please reread my previous post, kind sir.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I did. Cypher grabs wouldn't work based on your logic, as everyone is either shorter than Snake, or only slightly taller (Falcon/Ganon).

Zeallyx

I did. Cypher grabs wouldn't work based on your logic, as everyone is either shorter than Snake, or only slightly taller (Falcon/Ganon).
What are you talking about?
Please reread it again.
Sheesh.

Air releases require the grabbed character to be smaller (as in, feet off the ground) than the character grabbing them.

Or one must be holding the other character over the edge of the stage/a platform, so his/her feet are off the ground (off of the stage/the platform).

Darn, son, get your facts straight.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
What are you talking about?
Please reread it again.
Sheesh.

Air releases require the grabbed character to be smaller (as in, feet off the ground) than the character grabbing them.

Or one must be holding the other character over the edge of the stage/a platform, so his/her feet are off the ground (off of the stage/the platform).

Darn, son, get your facts straight.
Calm down <3

That "or one" is what I alluded to, and you hadn't made it specific before this post.

but forcing air releases requires the grabbing character to be bigger (as in, holding the grabbed character so the grabbed charecters feet are off the ground)
Bigger =/= holding opponent so that their feet are off the ground, and if their feet are off the ground, then the character is in the air, which is what I said. But we both understand the mechanics.

Zeallyx

Calm down <3

That "or one" is what I alluded to, and you hadn't made it specific before this post.

Bigger =/= holding opponent so that their feet are off the ground, and if their feet are off the ground, then the character is in the air, which is what I said. But we both understand the mechanics.
I did specifically say that the feet of the grabbed character have to be off of the ground.

But its all good <3

sorry, I went outta line. (IRL fight+swf = need for an apology on swf eventually.).

Blahblahwutever

Smash Journeyman
The list is now finished!!!!

the characters not included have no grab release combos.

Do you guys think this will have an impact on Falcon's matchups or tier placement?

SuSa

Considering I highly doubt a lot of this is guaranteed or thoroughly tested..... no it won't.

For the ones he can force an air release on, the only think you may be able to land is a dash attack....

Also I need to research something on Falco for those who can force an air release. Snake can CG him using a buffered dash to a boost grab.... would that mean others may be able to CG him in that manner?

Blahblahwutever

Smash Journeyman
Hey SuSa, you know what I hate?

The fact hat I can't boost grab.

So I can't test that for you.

Could someone tell me how to boost grab please?

Blahblahwutever

Smash Journeyman
is there any easy way?

like since my d-pad up and down are the corresponding smash attack, i just dash and slide my thumb over d-pad down and a and I DACUS.

SuSa

Just do it for testing? Not like I'm asking you to use the controls.

I use 6 different control sets, and they are all character based. (1 for Snake, 1 for Pit, 1 for D3, 1 for IC's, 1 for Pikachu, and 1 for Falco, then 1 for EVERYONE... aka: same one as I use for Snake)

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I've boost grabbed with Falcon, but I'm not sure if it helps with distance at all, since his DACUS slides way less far than his hyphen smash. I guess I'll see tomorrow if no one else does.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
>.>
can anyone test what i posted please? if you grab directly after a nair, you should be able to air release any char (i tested it and it worked with ganondorf, and no he wasnt holding up or jumping cuz i set it to control on practice, so he did no input at all...)
if so that means we can air release more characters and land finishers...

Top Bottom