• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon has 2 many limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
So today I played a really good fox...(i was off but still appalling) and got destroyed. Don't get me wrong, I love falcon, he is the only reason I play melee, but still to be honest he has to many limitations in order for a person to win in Grand Finals nowadays at a huge tournament (pound 4 , genesis, etc). I am seriously considering quitting smash, because if my favorite char can't win, I'm not playing this game. The only 6 chars that can win it all and **** are peach, jiggs, and the top tier. Everyone else has no chance.

To Darkrain, Scar, SS, Hax and all other falcon players... i'm sorry but I don't think we'll ever win the grand finals when we have to compete with the 6 chars I just named....

I don't want to have to pick up some character just because he or she is really good... if I don't like them, i'm not playing them...

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Tipped Off 4 (73 participants)
Duluth, Georgia - January 17th-18th
1: Darkrain ($657)
2: Hungrybox ($328)
3: Colbol ($109)
4: Dr. PeePee
5: L0zR
5: Lambchops

SMYM 9
(112 participants)
Champaign, Illinois - February 7th
1: Darkrain ($672)
2: Matt R ($336)
3: Dope ($112)
4: Watty ($20)
5: Eddie
5: Souroush

Moooose

Smash Champion
falcon may be limited, but he definitely has the tools to win. at this point, you're probably being held back by your own ability, not falcon's.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
That's pretty low to quit because you can't pull out a win everytime. Think about what you said you said you were going to quit smash because falcon isn't as good as fox. Falcon is the best chartcer but fox is the best if that makes any sence.

Dude if your going to look at it like that the game should have died out a long time ago. Also keep in mind most of the time you get time it's your fault totally. You are able to learn and inprove and keep growing falcon isn't the limit you are the limit you drawed in the sand that you don't believe you can cross.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
I'm not talking about just Fox, when have you guys ever seen a falcon EVER win a grand finals in one of the major tourneys..... besides ISAI (he only had ken and a couple of others to rival with)

Leviathan741

Smash Ace

SMYM 9
(112 participants)

Umm... i'm talking about tourneys like genesis and pound 4 you know when ALL the good players come and not just a few...

Dangy

Smash Rookie
falcon may be limited, but he definitely has the tools to win. at this point, you're probably being held back by your own ability, not falcon's.
Agreed, any character can be as good as Fox.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hungrybox, dr.pp, colbol, Lambchops are all some of the best at their mains with maybe 1 or 2 better people with the same chartcer.

really mango is the best and he uses puff not falcon. if he used falcon then falcon would be in 1st place. Really mango is the best in the world right now so why should someone else win?

What's really bugging you? I mean dude the best person ever doesn't use falcon to win major touraments and the best falcons win big tourments and somehow that's not enough you should place high your limit is your mind

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
"Falcon is the best chartcer but fox is the best if that makes any sence."

oh toddlers and the internets

Roneblaster

Smash Hero

SMYM 9
(112 participants)
Juggleguy <3

but those were smaller tourneys and happened about a year ago. Hungrybox wouldnt lose to darkrain anymore, and the second tourney only has MW people in the top 6, so you know no1 from the coasts showed up.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Name ONE major US tournament where Peach won? What's that? NONE? That's what I thought. The highest Peach has EVER gotten was 2nd. That happened TWICE.
Sastopher
Armada

Dude...don't even start with that. NO game would be played except for like Guilty Gear, Melty Blood, and BlazBlue if all it was about was any character easily winning tournaments. Games where at a MAJOR tournament, even Mid and low tier characters can make it. Falcon is HIGH tier. Still...if a Ganon can get 3rd at a major tournament like RoM, I think there's hope for Falcon. Don't give up because of that. It's stupid.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Even if you can't win the GF of a big tourney

whot he hell cares

it's a ****ing game. have fun with it, with whatever characeter you like.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
It was not Falcon who was weak. It was thou.

Thou are not worthy of Falcon.

If every Falcon thought the same way you did, there wouldn't be any Falcon players AT ALL. You just have to get at it and not get depressed just because someone ****ed you up.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Name ONE major US tournament where Peach won? What's that? NONE? That's what I thought. The highest Peach has EVER gotten was 2nd. That happened TWICE.
Sastopher
Armada

Dude...don't even start with that. NO game would be played except for like Guilty Gear, Melty Blood, and BlazBlue if all it was about was any character easily winning tournaments. Games where at a MAJOR tournament, even Mid and low tier characters can make it. Falcon is HIGH tier. Still...if a Ganon can get 3rd at a major tournament like RoM, I think there's hope for Falcon. Don't give up because of that. It's stupid.
Peach wins tournaments in EU.

Falcon wins tournies nowhere.

I've already said my piece, but i cant let obvious **** go uncontested.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Sastopher
Armada

I just realized peach can't win a tournament.

**** this I'm playing jiggs. No lie.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
I just realized that Falcon can't win a tournament.

**** man, no wonder Falcon can't win tournaments. I'm gonna play Fox/Puff now. Thanks for showing me the light dude.

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
Sometimes I feel like Ganon is a better tournament character than CF. CF has 1 even matchup in top tier and 3 bad ones. Ganon has 2 even/almost-even matchups and 2 bad ones. Non-top tier characters exist, but they aren't as important.

However, I still like CF so that's who I play.

King Siegfried

Smash Apprentice
Leviathan . . . let's pretend for a moment that Captain Falcon has no chance of ever winning a tournament again.

You still can't quit Smash for the following reasons:

You still can place 2nd!

You can still resort to your ungodly skillful Marth!

And the most important reason: I still need you as my 2v2 partner in all future tournaments, and with my Peach at your side(slightly above, floating), we're sure to win at everything, forever!

The Irish Mafia

Look, there's no point in going "BOO HOO HOO FALCON ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH" because 1) he's already on the high tier which is actually pretty **** good, and 2) it doesn't change the fact that falcon only has so many moves and they are preset and will never change. You think one day his falcon kick will all of a sudden waveshine people? It won't. I promise. Take what you're given in the character. He's a really good outlet for creative playstyles; there's no point in ignoring that.

People seem to forget this: When playing captain falcon, you are playing the character who is 2nd on the High Tier List. That makes him a High Tier character, just like peach, and, in fact, slightly BETTER than Jigglypuff and the Ice Climbers. You are playing a GOOD CHARACTER. Never forget that.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Look, there's no point in going "BOO HOO HOO FALCON ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH" because 1) he's already on the high tier which is actually pretty **** good, and 2) it doesn't change the fact that falcon only has so many moves and they are preset and will never change. You think one day his falcon kick will all of a sudden waveshine people? It won't. I promise. Take what you're given in the character. He's a really good outlet for creative playstyles; there's no point in ignoring that.

People seem to forget this: When playing captain falcon, you are playing the character who is 2nd on the High Tier List. That makes him a High Tier character, just like peach, and, in fact, slightly BETTER than Jigglypuff and the Ice Climbers. You are playing a GOOD CHARACTER. Never forget that.
Wait... you don't actually believe that falcon is better than jiggs? And I never said he was gonna waveshine lol where do you get this stuff... I'm just saying that its bogus how you can't win major tourneys with the manliest character in the game... thats all

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Leviathan! if you quite smash no one will kick my *** around on FD! Ill never get into arguaments of how marth is complete bullshiiiit!
You have to keep playing. You had one off day. You destroyed us two days ago and then you had some bad matches today...it happens!
just keep playin!

if you think falcon sucks use yoshi!!! I love yoshi and i love to use him but **** i get the **** knocked out of me 99% of the time when i use him!
BUT
i know i can get better!

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Wait... you don't actually believe that falcon is better than jiggs? And I never said he was gonna waveshine lol where do you get this stuff... I'm just saying that its bogus how you can't win major tourneys with the manliest character in the game... thats all
You do realise a certain Falcon player called Silent Spectre is ranked 1st in the Norcal smash community right? Double Falcons got second at pound? Silent Spectre has beaten Mango in a set?
You can't just give up like that, Darkrain/Hax/Scar/Silent Spectre sure aren't.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Wail on tham as much as possible b4 trying to combo into that knee, when they are off the edge, they are focused on getting back, so use that 2 your advantage, and edgeguard for dear life!
I still mian as captain falcon in melee and brawl, so i know much of it. get closer with that
moonwalk, then keep the setup perfect for and unexpected and useful sacred combo.
this is the only way to beat the peach, fox, and many others.
Now for jigglypuff and kirby, kirby is basically dead when the match starts if youre good, but jigglypuff is
wayyyyyy different, she has infinite horizontal recovery, the wall of pain, the feared rest, and many others.
Jigglypuff may just be the biggest threat to falcon, but her forward and down aerial are poor, so try to keep her facing toward you and under her, for behind her is back aerial punishment and above is punishment, that nutral aerial of hers is weak, but can be spammed quite easily!
She is light and therefore ver very easy to KO, so dont keep your distance, dodge as much as possible until she is in front of you to knee then meteor, then double jump, to meteor again to cancel all hopes of recovery, but because jigglypuff is basically unable to be hit by a true sacred combo, i recommend staying as tight as you can, avoiding rest, which can punish falcon very easily.

I hope this helps you dude, i know to much of captain falcon for all of this info to fail xD

Hope yo rock those people, give em smash, Happy Smashing!

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well, i still think falcon has major potential if he can get a character offstage though...

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Falcon does win tournaments in the US. Lager, but not HUGE tournaments. That means that he wins, regardless. Saying he wins tournaments nowhere after there were results proving otherwise is...well it's truly spitting on what some falcons have proven. If a Falcon wins a tournament with other high level players...that Falcon has won a tournament. No johns.

Don't get upset because you have to work harder to attain your goal. Armada has to be darn near flawless to get where he does. Know what that means? Peach can't screw up. Kind of like Falcon. If Falcon screws up...he's done. You make it seem like Falcon is the Dan of Melee.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
True, Falcon wont win everytime dude, just accept the fact and youll become a better player

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Oh yeah i saw that video...
well anyway, you speak as if captain falcon beats everyone, everytimew, but im
a melee falcon expert, and i know he may not be able to beat jiggz, even with my advice...
jiggz is near better than falcon overall (Read top)
But she still can lose to him, theres a word for people who talk about my falcon knowledge...

N00BS!

The Irish Mafia

I'm saying that he's only got the moves the creators gave him, and they're high tier moves. They're not going to get better all of a sudden. I do believe at the highest level of play falcon is better than jigglypuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom