• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falcon board revolution

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
i've been waiting and waiting for a falcon that's good enough to surprise me with their skill
but i've been disappointed
many of us falcon mains have failed to bring out falcon's true potential, and because of that, even the smashback room folks think that falcon is by far one of the worst character in the game.
even they, those really smart and knowledgeable players, can not c what falcon is capable of by searching through youtube, browsing the falcon board, and even testing falcon by themselves

the following quote is a quote from another thread, and the reason i'm writing this.

hmm.i did not know that.ah come on.can you look for them so i can put them in my thread.it seems that no one has done good in a tourney with falcon.
i always go falcon only in tournys, and those torunys r not those ****ty ones
it's a tourny that most socal ppl go to. if you've ever heard of the chula vista weekly
many pros go there and it's usually around 30 ppl everytime
and so far my highest placement has been 5th place twice and tons of 3rd place in double with my friend's marth ><
i will soon post these 2 videos of me fighting a rob player once it done uploading by my friend

i hope this doesn't insult anyone or make myself look arrogant because after watching many of the great falcon player's videos in this board, i have to say many falcon mains still can't bring out falcon's true potential. so far only champ has a falcon that's good enough to attend a tourny and do well in my opinion besides myself
so this thread's purpose is to explain how the brawl falcon should be played, and to correct ppl's bad habits with falcon in addition to bring falcon's meta game to the next lvl.

i think i should introduce myself first because some of you might think that i am just a random falcon fan who thinks he's the best but can't prove anything

my smash name is Kyte, and falcon's been my main ever since smash 64, i love playing falcon and i don't think i'll ever main another char even if ssb4 or ssb5 are out. it doesn't matter what tier he is, I will always main him, period.

i joined the pro smash community 3 years ago when melee was at his prime, but i was unknown. only ppl in San Diego, which is where i live, paid any attention to me because there were too many falcons out there that were much better than me.

when brawl was out, I was shocked to see how different he was but continued to main falcon, however i did not quit him like many melee falcon mainers.
so i played falcon, not just in friendlies but in tournys too. and finally i was able to place top 5 in those tournies, in both singles and doubles.

the reason why i created this thread is because almost every falcon videos i've watched here could not satisfy me. i mean i can't see how those players are suppose to use that kind of falcon in a true tourny. yes, some of them r really impressive, but i couldn't find a tourny video of a great falcon player fight against another great player and win.
i am not saying i am the best falcon player out there and i really don't think i am, but i think i have enough to help people improve their falcon and make falcon proud.

so how exactly do u use falcon when u face a great opponent? and how do u face them when they are used to fight against falcon?
a falcon player will often find that some of the melee combos would work on some opponent even if the opponent doesn't suck. there's 2 reasons
1. it is because they have never played a falcon b4 and don't know what falcon's capable of
2. in some situation falcon does have some true combos that look like the melee ones.

let's talk about number 1 first
in most of the tournaments, MK, snake marth G&W and some others r often used
u've seem what they can do, u know their tricks and they won't surprise u as much as some low tier char's amazing tricks. but after 3~5 tournies, after u played every players that shows up often, will ur uair to knee still work? will some of the amazing things in the combo videos still work? maybe once a while occasoinally when ur opponent make mistakes. -_-
therefore, having a consistant falcon is really important, which means not relying on those gimps and unreal combos

number 2
n/uair to n/uair to n/uair to n/uair .......
we all know that this is still possible to do on big fat chars like DDD and DK (the chance of seeing a ganon's too rare), but players usually will air dodge after the first or 2nd hit. unless u do it perfectly
perfectly means after they r hit by the first nair or uair u have to hit the c stick or A bottom right away when u do the 2nd short hop. i know this is a common knowledge to some of u guys but i think i should still bring it up.
1 important note
do not knee when u just feel like showing off to the crowd, because it will not land unless ur oponent make a huge mistake that costs them a life.
this will lead to my next discussion.

when to knee?
knee, most players think that falcon's low tier because of low hit stunts and hard to sweet spot knee
only the first one is true
the knee is often discussed in our falcon board, some said it's bad some said it's good
i say it really depends on how u use it.
back in melee, half of the falcon moves leads to his sexy knee and knee to knee was awesome times 28109281092, but not in brawl
nair to knee? uair to knee? stomps to knee? does anything actually lead to knee consistantly? we all know the answer
knee is no longer a combo finisher, it's not an approaching move, it is simply a punisher, period.
landing a knee wins u the battle and satisfies the crowd, but ppl seem like they only care about the 2nd one
a lot of videos i've watch
a lot of falcon mains love to throw out a random knee and hope to get lucky
i really don't blame them, afterall landing a knee does reward u enough to make u shout out "justice"
it's just that why not just uair? uair is always a guarantee at those situations that u choose to knee, u need to build up the dmg on ur opponent with guarantee moves, u need to save ur knee's power so when it comes to the moment, ur knee's not too weak to kill.
that's why i strongly not recommend non sweet spot knee tripping combos, those will hurt u more than it will help u.

so save the knee, only use it when u r 80% sure that it's going to land, and when that happens, u r one stock ahead of ur opponent.

spacing
spacing's important to every character, and falcon needs it so much more than those high tier chars.
spacing in my dictionary is, to be able to hit ur opponent and not let ur opponent hit u without dodging or shielding
it is really hard for those who haven't play falcon for months to do so because falcon's fast, falcon slides after dashing. you have to really know how falcon moves in order to space well.
dashing or runing to back flip short hop is the key
after practicing u should be able to put urself at any desire location, and falcon's utilt becomes so handy when u master this piece of art.

a well placed utilt will block almost any approaching move ur opponent throws at you(even meta's tornado if they are umm... smart enough to use it from that far away?), by switching it up with ftilt it will often force ur opponent to play more carefully instead of just rushing the crap out of you
falcon's utilt = top tier if you know how to bring out the true potential of the move.

mastering the jab grab
falcon's jab's been discussed tons of times too, and i believe that his jab is high tier, but his jab grab is top tier.
one important note is, always throw in at least one grab atk before u throw, you need to give ur opponent that extra dmg. at low % fthrow to fthrow works 70% of the time on many chars, pivot grab becomes amazing when u force ur opponent to spot dodge right after being fthrow, it is turely amazing that how much dmg falcon can give to his opponent by doing just grab atk to throws (ignore DDD and falco, their chain grabs require no skills =P)
single jab when u r in danger, single jab when u don't know what to do, single jab when you are being pressured, and you'll see the light in the total darkness.

another important note, when ur opponent's at high %, jab grab to grab atk till the world ends, it's so easy for falcon to grab his opponent with his jab grab, so use it to restore the power of your other moves. grab atk madly, it is fine even they break out the grab after couple seconds, because ur u/bair will kill them by that time.

uair is god tier
falcon's uair's probably his only spammable move, i really have nothing to say about this move because most of falcon mains know how amazing this move is and when to use it.
spam it as much as u like and when the opponent's at high %, grab atk madly to restore the power of the uair and kill with it. this move is amazing.

make your falcon fast
falcon's fast, he's fast when he's on the right hands
he's slow as hell when u just start using him, he's slow as hell when u use his knees and dairs to often and fail to auto cancel them due to lack of practice.
falcon's auto cancel stomp's an ok move, it's small hit box makes it really hard to land, and to spike with it. a player must have perfect contorl over the character.
why does falcon suck? smash back room folks talk about it like they know why ROB is in the game.
falcon's learning curve is hard, that's all. it takes a normal person 3~4 month to move falcon smoothly and fast, and even longer to be able to space themselve well and choose the right moves at the right time.
falcon's knee requires fast fall to sweet spot on most characters, so don't use it if u are not 80% sure that it's going to land.
falcon's dair requires practice and it's not a move that u can use from the sky.
it's a surprised move out of the shield and punish most dash atk and grabs, using it wrong or spam it will only result in looking like a noob and getting yourself punished by a smart player
again, master the back flip short hop to control falcon's amazing dash, and using the moves that are hard to punish are the main keys of making falcon fast.
but rememeber what i said, falcon's learning curve is hard, don't expect to master him within couple days.

2 video of showing some of the things i listed above
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S56cqocv--M&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNYhen_6dWU

that's all i have to say for now, i am sure the thread will be updated
so let's discuss

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Falcon is, by virtue of Brawl's mechanics, a pretty risky and unsafe character to play. Nothing in your playstyle can ever remove that fact, though you can try to make up for it, especially considering how safe other characters can be.

And, you shouldn't save your knees until you're a life a head, because you won't ever be against certain characters and players unless you manage to land knees on them in the first place.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i like the way you think, but the truth is, people dont listen. i mean who cares what anyone says about falcon? back room? screw them. what are they gonna do, delete falcon from brawl? falcon is extremely hard to play especially if you mained melee falcon. im so used to l canceling i still do it in brawl, even tho it doesnt do a thing. we all try to play melee falcon style and we know it. when people realize its a diffrent falcon, there gonna get better. it just takes time. plus when we find a way of l canceling( or watever button its gonna be) all the moves were gonna **** everyone. its probably gonna be like 3 years from now but oh well. if not, stick with melee. its more fun. and you can **** people in it, BAD. nair knee uair grab upthrow dtilt ss stomp (pop up) knee. game over. im gonna try that now.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
Falcon is, by virtue of Brawl's mechanics, a pretty risky and unsafe character to play. Nothing in your playstyle can ever remove that fact, though you can try to make up for it, especially considering how safe other characters can be.

And, you shouldn't save your knees until you're a life a head, because you won't ever be against certain characters and players unless you manage to land knees on them in the first place.
in my opinion after all the tournies ive been to,
falcon has the same winning chance as every other chars besides MK and snake
it's the whole point of the thread, change ppl's thinking, change ppl's bad habits
falcon's as good many others as long as u play him right.

when i say save ur knees, i mean not to spam it
the reason is u weaken it by not sweet spotting it, or u miss it and get punished
winning a match without using one single knee's not that hard to c now days

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
Not to be rude, but you said the point of this thread is to explain how brawl falcon should be played, but then you didn't really elaborate except for simple things that we already know like use uair alot. You need to go into more detail on falcon's playstyle, like how his game is drastically better when your opponent is offstage as opposed to on. I feel that when playing falcon it should be all about staying near the ledge, getting your opponent off the ledge as fast as you can, and from there try to dair, knee, or gimp them in some other way. Now agree/disagree with what I said then elaborate and get this discussion going for real. I really want to see falcon become decent.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
Not to be rude, but you said the point of this thread is to explain how brawl falcon should be played, but then you didn't really elaborate except for simple things that we already know like use uair alot. You need to go into more detail on falcon's playstyle, like how his game is drastically better when your opponent is offstage as opposed to on. I feel that when playing falcon it should be all about staying near the ledge, getting your opponent off the ledge as fast as you can, and from there try to dair, knee, or gimp them in some other way. Now agree/disagree with what I said then elaborate and get this discussion going for real. I really want to see falcon become decent.
ty,
yea the thread's still under construction because i just finished writting it
i'll try to add some more soon

an example of what i meant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNYhen_6dWU
this one's friendly, but u can see that the toon link player really knows how to space himself well and adapt to different situations, and what a falcon can do about it

**Havok**

Smash Lord
this guy knows what he's talking about, trust me. He made me a believer after seeing his brawl falcon.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
As a player who never really played CF in melee but now seconds him in brawl, I can honestly say he's not really that bad. People compare this to melee too much. "Falcon is a melee character in brawl" - no, people just play him like they played him in melee.

Also you shouldn't forget that falcon is great at killing. That's why I have fun playing as him, Toon Link is good in every way but sometimes has trouble landing that last hit. To CF this isn't really a problem.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
lol ty havok, i hope i'll see u on this wednesday

and yes, brawl falcon =/= melee falcon in any way besides their look and awsomeness
IMO, most ppl still try to play him like a melee falcon even after months
and this is why i wrote the thread

Kieso

Smash Cadet
and yes, brawl falcon =/= melee falcon in any way besides their look and awsomeness
I liked melee falcon, no stupid scarf lol

but yea, if you could get up some more vids, that would be sweet.

as an falcon mainer, id like to get better enough to own my friends MK (whos like #2 in ontario or something, lol)

D

Deleted member

Dayu is amazing!!!! He beat me yesterday in the tournament QQ

Yea, he makes falcon seem very viable.

Falcons falling uair to jab to grab is amazing and annoying!

Flacawn pawnch for top tier.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
Dayu is amazing!!!! He beat me yesterday in the tournament QQ

Yea, he makes falcon seem very viable.

Falcons falling uair to jab to grab is amazing and annoying!

Flacawn pawnch for top tier.

lol our falcon ditto was too manly for anyone else to handle

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
go to havok's on wednesday nyjin lol!!!!
i still need to play all of u at least 2190281028109 more times to be satisfyed

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
hmm, sounds interesting. My only problem is that you shouldn't worry about your deterioration when your at High percents, because you could miss out on that throw that would cause more damage, and then get KOed with a deteriorated uair, then grab attack him, and die with a fresh uair.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I agree with you on every point except 2

1) the knee can be used unnecessarily, IF you are gimping because the knee is a sex-kick first and a killer second, it has some o.k knock back and is effective against normal recoveries, putting you in the position of an edgehog.

2) Dair AC'd is actually really great if you spot dodge first

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you on every point except 2

1) the knee can be used unnecessarily, IF you are gimping because the knee is a sex-kick first and a killer second, it has some o.k knock back and is effective against normal recoveries, putting you in the position of an edgehog.

2) Dair AC'd is actually really great if you spot dodge first
stage spike gimping with a non sweet spot knee's acceptable, but i strongly don't recommned ppl use the knee b4 the opponent's at 60%+, u want to be consistant, not just relying on a powerful killer that is not likely to land.
knee's not hard to land, but do ppl actually think when they use the knee? if u only use the knee at the right moment, ppl will know htat u r a true falcon main
instead of throwing out 10 knees and land 1~2 times in a game, doens't throw out 2 knees and both of them score the target look better?
in my personal experience since i am probably the only one who saves the knee for the right moments. when i land the knee, it kills the opponent 80% of the time.

AC dair's another flashy move that is in most of the falcon videos
here's what they do all the time
1. in some unnecessary moments, they do an AC dair and doesn't hit the opponent and then they realize that the camera's still on them, so might as well do that couple more times to show to the community that he can do AC dair

so when i see an AC dair, i know that another one's coming, and another one, but they will all miss the opponent

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
stage spike gimping with a non sweet spot knee's acceptable, but i strongly don't recommned ppl use the knee b4 the opponent's at 60%+, u want to be consistant, not just relying on a powerful killer that is not likely to land.
knee's not hard to land, but do ppl actually think when they use the knee? if u only use the knee at the right moment, ppl will know htat u r a true falcon main
instead of throwing out 10 knees and land 1~2 times in a game, doens't throw out 2 knees and both of them score the target look better?
in my personal experience since i am probably the only one who saves the knee for the right moments. when i land the knee, it kills the opponent 80% of the time.

AC dair's another flashy move that is in most of the falcon videos
here's what they do all the time
1. in some unnecessary moments, they do an AC dair and doesn't hit the opponent and then they realize that the camera's still on them, so might as well do that couple more times to show to the community that he can do AC dair

so when i see an AC dair, i know that another one's coming, and another one, but they will all miss the opponent
yep, I can see your point and I think we can get to a common synopsis:

FALCON HAS NO SPAMMABLE MOVES

this should be editted in your first post because I think your guide is a little constrictive of moves to use, hence the statement Falcon has no spammable moves because of the difficulty of moves landing. This is the reason MK can spam and get away with it

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
yep, I can see your point and I think we can get to a common synopsis:

FALCON HAS NO SPAMMABLE MOVES

this should be editted in your first post because I think your guide is a little constrictive of moves to use, hence the statement Falcon has no spammable moves because of the difficulty of moves landing. This is the reason MK can spam and get away with it

i didn't list out every single moves that should be used and how to use them
because there's other threads that does it already

after watching silent spectre's falcon, i thought that a pro falcon can be really different when played by different ppl.
one thing that's for sure
every move has its purpose
i use every single move in the game (rarely falcon punch and dtilt)
its the only way to be unpredictable

in my opinion
there's only a few falcon players who truely mastered falcon's movements
i can count it with 1 hand

D

Deleted member

Uair is totally spammable. And it leads to way too many things to count O_o

HulkingRage

Smash Apprentice
im very impressed by you falcon, im usually very aggressive with mine
just a question, ive been using up-b as a finisher / edge guard more often, is this a good move?

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
im very impressed by you falcon, im usually very aggressive with mine
just a question, ive been using up-b as a finisher / edge guard more often, is this a good move?
a fresh up b has enough power to kill usually when the opponent's at 140%
and i usually save it for surprising killer
when edge guard, jump off and pretned to do an uair and miss by a lot on purpose
then up b will usually land
of course if u do it all the time ppl will air dodge. but there were countless time that i used this and finish the opponent off

and about the aggressive part
falcon can be really aggressive when it comes to the right moment
but most of the time u should play defensive because the lack of approaching options

Iwan

Smash Ace
speaking of great Falcon's Kaii was on today

MAN is he rusty, either that or im awesome (not likely) lol
Ahh....BTrooper (KAI)was on uh? That's cool....haven't talked to him or Keykid in quite some time......

Me, Key, Bananatrooper, Tenki, Reaver.....building up Falcon's metagame. Good Ol' days......
Respect your falcon elders guys ;).
lol :p.

On a side note, no one uses Up B as a ledge hopped move nearly enough. Anyone who doesn't should implement it into there game. It's unblockable and has more distance than a ledge hopped Knee/Up air.

Also, ACing Dairs consecutively can lead to some really awesome damage. You just have to use it at the right time...I've completely and utterly ***** opponents with the hitstun and speed of that move. Definitely true that too many people abuse it though. We're playing as falcon here guys...not Ganondorf :p (spam dair=awesome). :p

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
Ahh....BTrooper (KAI)was on uh? That's cool....haven't talked to him or Keykid in quite some time......

Me, Key, Bananatrooper, Tenki, Reaver.....building up Falcon's metagame. Good Ol' days......

On a side note, no one uses Up B as a ledge hopped move nearly enough. Anyone who doesn't should implement it into there game. It's unblockable and has more distance than a ledge hopped Knee/Up air.

Also, ACing Dairs consecutively can lead to some really awesome damage. You just have to use it at the right time...I've completely and utterly ***** opponents with the hitstun and speed of that move. Definitely true that too many people abuse it though. We're playing as falcon here guys...not Ganondorf :p (spam dair=awesome). :p

lol i always know u guys helped out lots in the falcon board, i just never really butt in.
and i do watch all u guys' falcon videos. sadly i only think champ and mine falcon's consistant enough to attend a real tourny and place high. u guys discoverd some really awsome ATs, but meta games really requires fully understanding of the character.
i watched all the videos, and i do not think that many falcon main's ready for a not on line tourny.

the thing about a ledge hop up b is, u will lose a stock if u miss it, but ledge hop uair and knee to regrab the ledge won't get urself punish that much
yes it's surprising sometimes and unpredictable. but abusing it? i don't think so

Iwan

Smash Ace
lol i always know u guys helped out lots in the falcon board, i just never really butt in.
and i do watch all u guys' falcon videos. sadly i only think champ and mine falcon's consistant enough to attend a real tourny and place high. u guys discoverd some really awsome ATs, but meta games really requires fully understanding of the character.
i watched all the videos, and i do not think that many falcon main's ready for a not on line tourny.

the thing about a ledge hop up b is, u will lose a stock if u miss it, but ledge hop uair and knee to regrab the ledge won't get urself punish that much
yes it's surprising sometimes and unpredictable. but abusing it? i don't think so
lol didn't clarify...you only use the ledgehopped up b when your sure it's going to hit, as in...they're right at the edge attempting to punish you. It works...almost always lol. Also...you won't lose a stock if you miss. If you miss your opponent you're just going to go over there head and land behind them. And with the ridiculous amount of DI you get with Falcon Dive you can land WAY behind them (a safe distance), or just mindgame like you're going behind them and then just DI back to the ledge. It's a fairly safe option off the ledge. Ledge hopped knee is amazing when someone recovers over you and lands on the stage...because the landing lag they get gives you an easy sweetspot. Watch some of ArtieBoy's vids to see what i mean.

The reason i say the ledge hopped up b isn't used enough is because i see (ALL THE TIME), people using a ledge hopped knee/Uair.....it getting blocked...and them getting destroyed. All because they thought it was a better idea to go for a sweetspot, even though it was obvious they were going to shield it anyway. What I'm saying is...when you know your opponent is going to shield, ledge hop an Up B. Not a Knee.

As for my playing and my credentials? I haven't ever posted any videos, so you haven't seen me play or my playstyle :). I don't have wifi at my house so I don't do online, but I've played friendlies with chillen, azen, AZ, eastcoast eddie, special K, M2K, and a few other really, really good smashers (rohins, t!mmy and T0mmy).

I like to think I'm pretty **** good......but anyway, I've only attended one tournament since brawl came out, and I finished 17th out of 87 people with Falcon. Mind you, the above players mentioned (except the smash twins and rohins) were present. Kind of hard to get a top 10 finish when you're going up against those guys.

Glad you're seeing more success with Falcon than me though.....I'll always main him no matter what because.....you know....he's falcon lol :p.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
oooo i would so like to watch ur falcon videos lol!!!!!!
lucky u for living close to those famous players (jealous)

yea, ur ledge hop up b makes sense
maybe i should try it out more often
for me, i usually do uair or nair our of edge when i think it's going to hit, other wise just do some ledge hogs and use 2nd jump to land on some plateforms to stay away from the ledge
nair's my favor because u can pull back more than uair and still hit them
nair to nair or grab from the ledge looks awsome as well lol

and falcon pride for the win!!

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
i like the way you think, but the truth is, people dont listen. i mean who cares what anyone says about falcon? back room? screw them. what are they gonna do, delete falcon from brawl? falcon is extremely hard to play especially if you mained melee falcon. im so used to l canceling i still do it in brawl, even tho it doesnt do a thing. we all try to play melee falcon style and we know it. when people realize its a diffrent falcon, there gonna get better. it just takes time. plus when we find a way of l canceling( or watever button its gonna be) all the moves were gonna **** everyone. its probably gonna be like 3 years from now but oh well. if not, stick with melee. its more fun. and you can **** people in it, BAD. nair knee uair grab upthrow dtilt ss stomp (pop up) knee. game over. im gonna try that now.
That is exactly why I think that Falcon is doing so poorly in Brawl. Everyone is used to his Melee form and that, in turn, makes him a difficult character to play as. Beleive it or not, I mained Fox in Melee. I switched to Falcon in Brawl becuase Fox had changed too much for me to main.

Now I feel that I'm very good with Brawl Falcon. My mind is attuned to Brawl CF and not Melee CF so that makes it easy for me.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
That is exactly why I think that Falcon is doing so poorly in Brawl. Everyone is used to his Melee form and that, in turn, makes him a difficult character to play as. Beleive it or not, I mained Fox in Melee. I switched to Falcon in Brawl becuase Fox had changed too much for me to main.

Now I feel that I'm very good with Brawl Falcon. My mind is attuned to Brawl CF and not Melee CF so that makes it easy for me.
luckily for me i didnt even play melee

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
lol
silent spectre, g-reg,dark rain, isai . etc were the few famous melee falcon players
so far, only SS's falcon's decent, g- reg gave up on falcon, dark rain's falcon video didn't impress me at all
and isai just simply disappear lol
will some of us become the brawl generation's SS,G-Reg,DR or isai? =)

Tenki

Smash Hero

Wut?

I just gave people ideas, basically trying to get people to stop playing Brawl Falcon like Melee Falcon lol. I just used questions and suggestions over various threads instead of saying it in once post xD
I was much busier and more focused on helping build Sonic's metagame ;d

And on D-airs, how about non AC'd D-airs once in a while? I met a Snake player online who used Falcon and noticed two unique things about his Falcon: His use of pivot grabs and his mixups with them (he reads movements too well ;__; ) and his use of D-air. Coming in from a high angle, an unexpected D-air has enough hitstun to screw up the opponent's momentum since he can't attack out of it and possibly force a panic airdodge (to be punished). And a late D-air can Nipple Launch from the ground.

Unfortunately, I don't have mastery over Falcon's jumps to be able to replicate it ;__;

Top Bottom