• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falcon board revolution

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
lol
silent spectre, g-reg,dark rain, isai . etc were the few famous melee falcon players
so far, only SS's falcon's decent, g- reg gave up on falcon, dark rain's falcon video didn't impress me at all
and isai just simply disappear lol
will some of us become the brawl generation's SS,G-Reg,DR or isai? =)
Mmmm. that sounds tastey. Maybe one day...

What I like to do sometimes is to ledgehop into an airdodge and land behind them with a follow-up attack. It confuses everyone :)

Iwan

Smash Ace
Wut?

I just gave people ideas, basically trying to get people to stop playing Brawl Falcon like Melee Falcon lol. I just used questions and suggestions over various threads instead of saying it in once post xD
I was much busier and more focused on helping build Sonic's metagame ;d

And on D-airs, how about non AC'd D-airs once in a while? I met a Snake player online who used Falcon and noticed two unique things about his Falcon: His use of pivot grabs and his mixups with them (he reads movements too well ;__; ) and his use of D-air. Coming in from a high angle, an unexpected D-air has enough hitstun to screw up the opponent's momentum since he can't attack out of it and possibly force a panic airdodge (to be punished). And a late D-air can Nipple Launch from the ground.

Unfortunately, I don't have mastery over Falcon's jumps to be able to replicate it ;__;
You're being modest lol :p.

You made some pretty awesome (useful) posts that lead to a lot of things being figured out. Mostly concerning percentages, data, and you even got a lot of us to think outside of the box with your "how do you play falcon" thread.

/youbeingmodest
:p

Charoo

Smash Champion
falcon evolution is interesting. Who would have though his best move is the gentlemen haha

i hope some other falcon players r going to oxnard or axis

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
lol
silent spectre, g-reg,dark rain, isai . etc were the few famous melee falcon players
so far, only SS's falcon's decent, g- reg gave up on falcon, dark rain's falcon video didn't impress me at all
and isai just simply disappear lol
will some of us become the brawl generation's SS,G-Reg,DR or isai? =)
Hell...
I'm a good Falcon. Maybe I'll become famous in the brawl community. One day...
one day.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
another thing i want to talk about is match ups, i'll add them into the thread when i upload it with some videos next time

1 thing i noticed while reading all the falcon match up threads, i found them really inaccurate for me
in my opinion
only snake and MK's the nightmare match ups
hard match ups r pikachu, kirby and falco
for the rest, i think falcon has almost 40:60 or 50:50 winning chance if the falcon plays smart

Wogrim

Smash Lord
another thing i want to talk about is match ups, i'll add them into the thread when i upload it with some videos next time

1 thing i noticed while reading all the falcon match up threads, i found them really inaccurate for me
in my opinion
only snake and MK's the nightmare match ups
hard match ups r pikachu, kirby and falco
for the rest, i think falcon has almost 40:60 or 50:50 winning chance if the falcon plays smart
Well I havn't seen your input for that in my guide....
I know I havn't played against characters equally so I lack experience against good players of a bunch of characters still, but let me see if I can argue you here...

First of all, here's the current order in my guide, with a change on Wario pending information on how useful the infinite grab release is.

"]3 {Nightmare Matchups}[/URL]
3.1 Meta Knight
3.2 Olimar
3.3 Pikachu
3.4 Marth
3.5 Mr Game and Watch
3.6 Toon Link
3.7 Wario
4 {Painful Matchups}
4.1 Ice Climbers
4.2 Falco
4.3 Zero Suit Samus
4.4 Ivysaur
4.5 Kirby
4.6 Zelda
4.7 Snake
4.8 ROB
4.9 King DeDeDe
5 {Difficult Matchups}
5.1 Pit
5.2 Wolf
5.3 Fox
5.4 Diddy
5.5 Sheik
5.6 Lucas
5.7 Ness
5.8 Sonic
5.9 Lucario
6 {Not-So-Bad Matchups}
6.1 Bowser
6.2 Donkey Kong
6.3 Charizard
6.4 Luigi
6.5 Ike
6.6 Mario
6.7 Peach
7 {Even Matchups}
7.1 Ganon
7.2 Link
7.3 Samus
7.4 Jigglypuff
7.5 Captain Falcon
7.6 Yoshi
7.7 Squirtle

And here's my expected win/loss ratios:
MK and Olimar: 10/90 (I havn't had that much trouble with MK but that's about where I'm at with Olimar, so I put MK the same since people say he's the hardest)
Pikachu through Wario: 20/80 to 25/75 (Havn't had that much trouble on Marth, G&W, TL, and Wario but they are usually considered pretty hard matchups)
IC: 25/75 (there's nothing safe enough that you'll never get grabbed)
Falco through Kirby: 30/70 (I have pretty much no experience against Ivysaur though)
Zelda through DeDeDe: 35/65 (maybe not as much experience against Snake as you, but he seems fairly predictable, especially if you know his explosives tricks)
Pit through DK: 40/60 (Lack of experience on Lucario)
Charizard through Peach: 45/55 (Missing Charizard experience)
Ganon through Squirtle: 50/50 (Not a ton of experience on any of those, but particularly missing play vs Samus, Jiggs, Yoshi, and Squirtle)

I'll work on this more later, I wanna play :laugh:

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
about snake, if u ever play a snake name hall then u should know why is snake a nightmare and why is snake in the snake tier.
a great player with snake = insane
hall placed 3rd in EVO which just ended 2 days ago
it's out of 100 entree with lots and lots of pros
it's an items tourny, but getting 3rd place out of 100's still incredible
that's our san diego's best snake player's skill lvl
by playing him, i truely realize how difficult it is for falcon to fight snake
falcon's heavy but snake's heavier,
falcon's strong but snake's stronger,
falcon's fast but snake takes away 3/4 of the map with his weapons so u r force to play slow
falcon's jab's good but snake's jab, ftilt,itilt r 20 times better
no matter u r close to snake or not, the match up will always favor snake
at high % for both characters, falcon might hit a finisher but snake still survives due to his heavy weight,
and ANY of his move can kill u. sometimes i really wonder that how much did konami pay nintendo?

for the olimar part, i'll get some olimar players to explain how they feel when they fight against falcon

D

Deleted member

I thinkz falcon vs yoshi is even(cuz of kyte duh), but da yoshiz don believe me =(

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
lol, just post a vid of ur yoshi to show them how amazing u r, and tell ppl that a falcon fights evenly against ur yoshi

D

Deleted member

I dont have any vids vs u, and now ur leaving =(

Online sucks, and no good falcons play online.

Mmac

Smash Lord
From what I've heard, DarkKyanite is an unnatural god of skill. However not experiencing him firsthand, I can't really say how this match flows. On paper, Yoshi has a better Airgame overall, and has a Pivot Grab that stops a good number of Falcon's Approaches, and also leads into a Chaingrab. I can agree on a 6:4 Yoshi, but I don't know how it can be any lower than that. If Yoshi is neutral, then alot more characters should be Neutral also, and you don't give your character enough credit.

Plus we already know Burntsocks is pretty awesome

Also Squirtle might be an advantaged matchup. You do have a chaingrab on him on release, and not only that, you can sliding Usmash him for a Kill on release! Plus Chaingrab to the edge, to Dair spike sounds smexy. Manage to do that once ^_^

Wogrim

Smash Lord
From what I've heard, DarkKyanite is an unnatural god of skill. However not experiencing him firsthand, I can't really say how this match flows. On paper, Yoshi has a better Airgame overall, and has a Pivot Grab that stops a good number of Falcon's Approaches, and also leads into a Chaingrab. I can agree on a 6:4 Yoshi, but I don't know how it can be any lower than that. If Yoshi is neutral, then alot more characters should be Neutral also, and you don't give your character enough credit.

Plus we already know Burntsocks is pretty awesome

Also Squirtle might be an advantaged matchup. You do have a chaingrab on him on release, and not only that, you can sliding Usmash him for a Kill on release! Plus Chaingrab to the edge, to Dair spike sounds smexy. Manage to do that once ^_^
I always forget to try the grab release stuff; I have jab grab fthrow on autopilot :ohwell:

Charoo

Smash Champion
most painful match up is g&w on final d. All dis guy do is spam back air and make makes me mad haha

i use falcon to counter snake if I don't feel like using sheik. You need platform to fight snake though or else he'll shut down ur movement very easily. I actually think piakchu is 60-40 in favor of him. He's not that hard to fight with falcon honestly.

3 biggest match up for falcon i say mk, kirby, and g&w.

Falcon vs Ike is fun. So many jab combos on each other haha

a new thread should be made for the discussion though.

kya r u going to oxnard or axis? 2 good falcon at one place might finally revive Douglas back from the grave and kick this falcon's ***

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
i seriously want to go ><
but then sadly i am leaving the US for good in less than a week
i am already booking the flight
that's another reason why i made this thread, i want to share my experience and make ppl's falcon pro
i wish i can stay, i love the smash community
if i succssfully create a smash community in Taiwan, i'll post my videos lol
and i hope u show them what falcon's made of champ
u truely understand falcon really well =)

Awex

Smash Lord
Because he asked me to, my input on the Olimar v Falcon matchup..

It's good for Olimar, but not a 90/10 sweep. More like a 70/30. (At least against Kyanite ;D)

Falcon's close range game is so beastly, you have to space and keep him away with fsmash and grabs.

Also, Dedede should be listed as one of falcon's hardest matchups for the ******** ability to just chaingrab and edge guard the entire match. ;p

Charoo

Smash Champion
i seriously want to go ><
but then sadly i am leaving the US for good in less than a week
i am already booking the flight
that's another reason why i made this thread, i want to share my experience and make ppl's falcon pro
i wish i can stay, i love the smash community
if i succssfully create a smash community in Taiwan, i'll post my videos lol
and i hope u show them what falcon's made of champ
u truely understand falcon really well =)
this is sad to hear =(
good luck in taiwan. Show them ur moves haha
I'll try my best with falcon. I seriously think there's something missing in my falcon or every1's falcon. Like, I don't know what it is at all =_=

I only felt it liek once or twice where I literally 0 to death people or soemthing clsoe to that. They jsut can't handle falcon when that spark hit. The last time I had that spark was against connor's peach. I knee him for first kill, falcon punch the second, and knee the third. It was ownage!!! He's not a bad player at all (usually get top 8 in socal) but when Falcon is feeling it, people just can't handle him.

Lets play online man. It's the only way I guess even if it's wack.
aim me: xuerarit

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
pffffffff
i am still going to john about it!!!
u think all falcon mains have falcon practice???!?!?!?!?!?

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
lol well, i don't want to john in the real way, but i suicided twice and it was friendly afterall lol

D

Deleted member

lol well, i don't want to john in the real way, but i suicided twice and it was friendly afterall lol
I know =P

...I dont recall those SDs... hmmm... johns.

Im sure if u were really trying i woulda gotten 3 stocked =P

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
darkyanite i posted on your page on how to get better quality vids. the guy who post my vids will most likly take yours.
and thanks for the falcon tips.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
darkyanite i posted on your page on how to get better quality vids. the guy who post my vids will most likly take yours.
and thanks for the falcon tips.
oo thx, but i am kinda confused
so i give this guy my videos, and he'll make it better qualitys and repost it???

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
oo thx, but i am kinda confused
so i give this guy my videos, and he'll make it better qualitys and repost it???
just mail him first on youtube asking is it alright to post your vids up. he'll most likly say yes. so then ask for his wii code then brawl code. then the rest is history.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
oops, forgot to reply to champ
okieee, i'll c if i'll have time to play today or tmr on line, because i am pretty much leaving tmr, so everything's a mess
i'll add u on aim

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
lol im not the best im really good but not best i was just talking about how he weNt out his way to make this topic for the falcon boards. lol
oh lol.oh yeah anyone know who bum is,some people claim he has the best falcon.i dont believe it,i need video evidence.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
oh lol.oh yeah anyone know who bum is,some people claim he has the best falcon.i dont believe it,i need video evidence.
yea. he just recently won winners bracket with falcon though his main is DK he has many secondarys. he is a NYC smasher

Noodlehead

Smash Lord

The Falcon is out, he has lost his edge, he isn't the fastest man on the tracks anymore, the old man better retire before he get's hurt anymore, he already shattered his knee!
lol.this makes me laugh.you probably just complain because you get owned every time by falcon.
YOU CANT HANDLE FALCON YOU SPAMMER

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
i am sure after a year or 2, all these falcon haters will have to shut up by then
since more falcon pros will be out there and own those players who rely on the character more than the player's skill

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
lol.this makes me laugh.you probably just complain because you get owned every time by falcon.
YOU CANT HANDLE FALCON YOU SPAMMER
No, actually, I use Captain Falcon myself as a part time character, I just thought up that phrase, it sounds kinda cool, as like an opening for a movie where Captain Falcon trys to get back in the game(cause we know he can).

i am sure after a year or 2, all these falcon haters will have to shut up by then
since more falcon pros will be out there and own those players who rely on the character more than the player's skill
I hear ya man!

Top Bottom