• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco Q&A

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
you mean if you're holding the ledge or if you wanna run off and jump back up with them? not that it's much different.

holding ledge:

1) press down
2) wait way longer than you're comfortable with at first
3) press jump
4) press 'b' REALLY fast after pressing jump if you want them to come out at the same height
5) remember to hold in so you don't die

standing on stage:

1) run off stage
2) press down
3) wait way longer than you're comfortable with
4) tap in
5) release
6) jump
7) b
8) hold in so you don't die

noobird

Smash Journeyman
So this super short SHL that can hit crouching kirbies... is ridiculously hard to do or something? when shooting high, medium, and low SHL's, should i be hitting b at different times or hitting b at the same time and fastfalling differently because i think i'm doing the latter (can you even fastfall at different times?). yeah just give me tips on getting those really low SHL's consistently D:

edit: lol just went back like 2 pages and found the same question so nevermind. but maybe more info would be nice anyway ;D?

MasterC

Smash Ace
also for lasers off the ledge (both retreating, advancing, and when you're on the ledge) i've been working on this new method that works really well for getting them at the same height but i'm super inconsistent at it right now

basically same format but you solely use the control stick

if you're holding the edge do a quarter-circle forward (towards the stage) and as soon as you release the stick you hit b twice while DI'ing in

if you're running off the edge and wanna double laser bak towards the stage do a half-circle backwards (towards the stage) and hit b twice while DI'ing in

if you're running off the edge and wanna double laser out away from the stage (like if your opponent is trying to recover and you wanna cut his jump) do the half-circle backwards towards the stage, tap away from the stage, and hit b twice while DI'ing bak in towards the stage

does work but like i said i'm mad inconsistent with it at the moment lol mayb some up and coming falco will perfect it and make me proud haha the x&y methods work too but i feel like this is less complicated and i can DI better if i mess up/get hit during the lasers for whatever reason, just sayin...

EDIT: i play a lot of street fighter so QCF/HCF is like, MY SH*T lol

MasterC

Smash Ace
^agreed, so are we at an end to the learning of said character named "falco"...? i mean, PP pretty much dominated the last two national Melee tourneys i can recall... so i'd be suffice'd to say "yes" lol but come G2 i just hope he ***** EVERYONE (including mango's puff) xD

everyone reading should come too cuz it'll be my first nat'l and it's gonna be HYYYYYYYYYPE!!! ^_^

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I don't understand where people are getting this idea that mango is going to go puff again.

MasterC

Smash Ace
ok guys, i get the picture lol the post was directed more at discussing falco being the best character in the game as opposed to fox/puff/etc... forget i said anything d***

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
G2 better have another Falco Round Robin like at Apex 2010...except I want to see Mango participate in it this time. <3 Falco dittoes

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
False, you have to mix it up.. Wavelanding on stage is very punishable.
Are you kidding <_< doesn't Falco's ledgedash have like 14 actionable frames of invincibility or something busted like that?

What you do after the waveland needs to be a mixup because you obviously can't do the same thing every time, but getting off the ledge and being able to move while invincible (for however short a time) is basically like ... the ****

At the very least it's way less punishable than crappy LHDL ~_~

Personally I think ledgedashing is almost strictly the best option for space animals because their ledgedash is broken and their other moves suck

JPOBS

Smash Hero
people forget about ledgedash forward b
its all about the forward B tech chase.

>Dair
> they tech away
> you try to shine but it would have missed
> NO PROBLEM, you mess up and forward B tech chase their a*** anyway

option select n***a

DWiens421

Smash Cadet
Excellent Thread!

Nothing to add, but for a n00by Falco player who doesn't even have tech skill down, this thread is absolutely amazing. It should help to get me started doing the right things, rather than having to go back and break bad habits after I've already become set in my ways.

Thank you so much Mogwai, this thread is truly one of the best threads I've seen not only on this forum, but any forum I've ever been to.

P.S. I'm glad the first acceptable picture I found of someone (or thing) bowing down was a cat to keep the trend of cat pictures going... now if it only had some funny(ish) phrase on it...

username12345678

Smash Apprentice
hi guys so i remember back when i joined there was a guide on falco's lasers i think it was sticked *how to use them effectively and different types and whatnot) could anybody link me to that guide?

Bones0

Smash Legend
hi guys so i remember back when i joined there was a guide on falco's lasers i think it was sticked *how to use them effectively and different types and whatnot) could anybody link me to that guide?
There's a section in the first post dedicated to the different types of lasering. That's probably what you're referring to.

Top Bottom