• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco Q&A

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Hey Mogwai, mechanically, what does fastfalling before performing the aerial do? What difference does it make? Thanks.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
spacing is more important, but that doesn't mean that fast fall timing is irrelevant with good spacing. you want to perfect all aspects of your game, not get lazy and do something incorrectly because you do something else correctly.

fast fall timing is important simply because it lets you minimize your air time. if you fast fall after the hitbox is already out, you're putting yourself in the position of hitting your opponent before the frame before you land (optimal timing to give you as much time out of move lag while they're still in hitlag).

for the record, in a short hop, you'll hit the ground 3 frames after starting a fast fall, even at the peak, and even a nair/bair doesn't come out until frame 4, so you do have to start the aerial pre-fast fall but the optimal timing vs. a grounded opponent (when you don't have to worry about hitting higher hurtboxes) is 1-2 frames after you give the input to do your aerial so that the hitbox comes out on your last airborne frame.

battousai555

Smash Ace
Hey guys, when you get a shine on Fox/Falco on FD (in the middle of the stage, I suppose), what is/are the best way(s) to punish him? What I currently try to do is dair->waveshine until he's at a percent in which the next dair would be techable, then u-air and try nair->d-smash.

I've gotten some 0-deaths using this combo, but I'm sure it was only because my opponent didn't DI the u-air very well.

mers

Smash Ace
Hey guys, when you get a shine on Fox/Falco on FD (in the middle of the stage, I suppose), what is/are the best way(s) to punish him? What I currently try to do is dair->waveshine until he's at a percent in which the next dair would be techable, then u-air and try nair->d-smash.

I've gotten some 0-deaths using this combo, but I'm sure it was only because my opponent didn't DI the u-air very well.
U-air is definitely a mistake. Nair or first hit of fair are better options, or you can try to get fancy and techchase from another dair. A few nairs to an fsmash is the ideal, but its not always possible.

G

genkaku

How do you respond to a campy Peach? It's annoying as heck.
I don't like approaching on her terms because of that dsmash, but neither do I want to stay mid/long range and get perpetual turnips in between us.
Do I just bait and punish?

X1-12

Smash Champion
What should you do if a falcon side B's your shield? I normally try to shield DI -> Shine OoS but it still normally misses them, sometimes I D-air OoS but I've been jabbed out of that before. What is the best option?

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
dont shield it , almost all ur attacks beat it straight out, and if ur facing away uptilt ***** it, u can also crouch cancel it practically forever and then shine him.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
for the record, in a short hop, you'll hit the ground 3 frames after starting a fast fall, even at the peak, and even a nair/bair doesn't come out until frame 4, so you do have to start the aerial pre-fast fall but the optimal timing vs. a grounded opponent (when you don't have to worry about hitting higher hurtboxes) is 1-2 frames after you give the input to do your aerial so that the hitbox comes out on your last airborne frame.
This info was golden. thank you mogwai

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
wait wait wait, you seriously asked how to deal with a campy peach?

shoot that ho moar. seriously, don't let anyone get away with camping you, you're ****ing Falco FFS. You have the best projectile in the game for camping so if someone's giving you problems just camp back.

G

genkaku

wait wait wait, you seriously asked how to deal with a campy peach?

shoot that ho moar. seriously, don't let anyone get away with camping you, you're ****ing Falco FFS. You have the best projectile in the game for camping so if someone's giving you problems just camp back.

But that would be impoli- Oh.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Aight, i hope it'll have that effect for me though, because my Falco is like the only character I'm having trouble being gay with.

PS: LoL seems cool =)

Top Bottom