• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco is pretty broken.

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
This is an awesome thread. I guess since we seem to be void of moderators, the Falco forums are a good place to get away with shenanigans like this.

Oh, and yes, Falco is the ****.

Master Raven

Smash Master
If I had a dime for every time I heard someone proclaim that X character in Brawl was broken, I'd have enough money to buy out Don Shula's restaurant.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
If I had a dime for every time I heard someone proclaim that X character in Brawl was broken, I'd have enough money to buy out Don Shula's restaurant.
You main MK. Your opinion on "broken" means nothing. :p

And Falco's not broken. He's just **** good.

Unseen_Killa

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, I've seen at least three threads today saying "x is broken", can you noobs ever just admit you suck?

Normally it wouldn't annoy me, but the ignorance on these boards is so annoying. I hope to god it wasn't this bad before Brawl came out. Yes, Falco is a good character with some dirty tricks up his sleeve, but he is nowhere near broken.

/annoyed

popsofctown

Smash Champion
eh, you'd think that. I think what's happening, imho tommy_g, is that the chaingrab helps Dedede players withstand entire tourneys better than G&W's can, they adapt to some tough matchup by going chaingrabby and skip over some patches where they weren't the better player. If that makes any sense.

By this i mean to say, i think G&W seems a lot more like a good character than DDD, but DDD can withstand whole tournaments better.

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
I hate Metaknight. Apparently, if he spams tornado, I don't know what to do. I can laser or use the reflector, but that is just a few % compared to the near 20% his **** can do to me each time. I have no problem when they don't spam, but goodness I feel lost when that tornado comes whoring out.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
a nadoing metaknight is a scared metaknight. remember that. keep up on the projectiles as he whornadoes and you should eventually frustrate him to the point where he starts making mistakes.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I hate Metaknight. Apparently, if he spams tornado, I don't know what to do. I can laser or use the reflector, but that is just a few % compared to the near 20% his **** can do to me each time. I have no problem when they don't spam, but goodness I feel lost when that tornado comes whoring out.
Learn the footstool combo. From what I've seen, it works on metaknight to 70% from 0%. Having MK at 70% while you haven't really used your smash attacks is a very good thing.

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
a nadoing metaknight is a scared metaknight. remember that. keep up on the projectiles as he whornadoes and you should eventually frustrate him to the point where he starts making mistakes.
I don't believe this, but here isn't where I'd like to discuss it, lol. This thread really should be closed. I need to go find a proper outlet for my metafrustrations.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
There isn't much Falco can do when Meta is spamming whornado, you can try to laser or reflect him out of it, or hit him from above, both of which are unlikely, although I would say reflector is the easiest method.

Falco isn't broken. Not compared to Snake, Mk, ROB, and I daresay DDD/Marth.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe this, but here isn't where I'd like to discuss it, lol. This thread really should be closed. I need to go find a proper outlet for my metafrustrations.
buy a metaknight doll and just beat it

or Dair it in RL
frustration gone

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
If we don't unanimously know who the third person in the "Big 3" is, then should he (because girls can't fight) really be considered part of the Big 3? It should be the Big 2 and the Not-as-Big-but-Still-Very-Good 5 or 6 possibly 7.

But Falco's not broken at all. Gimp-able recovery. Average speed. Average smashes. Average tilts.

JarryLombardi

Smash Rookie
hes not broken, we just need to learn more strategies with him. ime sure there will be some top players who will pwn with falco

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
hes not broken, we just need to learn more strategies with him. ime sure there will be some top players who will pwn with falco
hello? there already are! SK92, Sethlon , and Chillindude829 consistently place high in tournies. SK92 and Sethlon cover the south, and Chillindude829 covers the east. not to mention in Japan Bombsoldier and Nyosuke look like they could challenge the U.S.

JarryLombardi

Smash Rookie
i was referin to ppl in britain and europe

hello? there already are! SK92, Sethlon , and Chillindude829 consistently place high in tournies. SK92 and Sethlon cover the south, and Chillindude829 covers the east. not to mention in Japan Bombsoldier and Nyosuke look like they could challenge the U.S.
dude i know that, but seeing as i live in britain most ppl are noobish and i dont think there are gonna be many people who get really good as falco, up to bombsoldier and setholons standards.

JarryLombardi

Smash Rookie
also, i wanna see the likes of dashizwiz playin falco in brawl, correct me if ime worng but i dnt think there are many vids of old melee pros excluding bombsoldier etc playing falco.

Master Raven

Smash Master
You main MK. Your opinion on "broken" means nothing. :p

And Falco's not broken. He's just **** good.
baaaaaw MK is borken i cant fight him ill just ***** about him instead of getting better against him baaaaaaaaaw

Top Bottom