• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

unknown522

Some guy
PP can you or someone right a godlike post on beating Doc? I just cannot ****ing do it he is so ****ing gay. Dair camping the ledge. Ledgedashing with invincibiliy, throwing out pills and coming in with whatever the **** he wants. Which way do I throw him? it seems all I can do is shoot lasers and space Bairs. What works on him? UGH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQu5eg8cncc

Observe this set for now. I'll send a write-up later

:phone:

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Kind of random now, but when I wrote up about the dieting thing. Fruits with anti-oxidants are great ofc (strawberry, cherries, blueberries, super fruits [like pomegranate, açai berries]). Usually in the morning. Still, bananas are the best fruit (though I don't like the taste personally).

lol "super fruits". dumbest term ever.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
PP can you or someone right a godlike post on beating Doc? I just cannot ****ing do it he is so ****ing gay. Dair camping the ledge. Ledgedashing with invincibiliy, throwing out pills and coming in with whatever the **** he wants. Which way do I throw him? it seems all I can do is shoot lasers and space Bairs. What works on him? UGH
Doc has stumpy limbs, so he doesn't like fighting against your big priority. Most of the time that is Uptilt, Bair, and Dair(Nair sort of). Just find out which of those moves you want to use to outprioritize Doc and you're well on your way to ruining him.

If he wants to Nair, then Bair him(unless it's an early Nair then Uptilt works as well). Delayed Bair counters all of his approaches/close spacings I figure.

Dair is a great approach because of CC and Doc can't really do anything about it except dodge and try to punish your lag. If he is trying to dodge then you need to be closer to him so you'll hit him anyway or laser and take more stage when he does so. He can't back up/dodge forever.

Uptilt is good when you have Doc in the air. It might trade with Dair but that honestly doesn't matter. You can combo off of Uptilt well either way at mid to mid-high percents and make Doc hurt. You don't always have to hit Doc when he's on the edge/platform right away, sometimes he brings the party to you and wants to surprise you and that's when Uptilt is really good.

Lasers are good but not quite OP in this matchup. Doc has to cape or WD OOS/Upsmash or other random attack OOS to counter them. Most of the time you see Doc with his shield up because of this. Doc has a bit of a mobility advantage on Falco so be sure he's locked down by lasers before trying anything if possible.

Pilling while you laser can be annoying but you can attack the pills. I think Uptilt clanks with pills but I'm not sure. Either way, Doc is just pilling to mess with your laser game so be ready for an attack into you or him baiting a far away attack he can easily dodge if pills are out.

If he's Dair'ing on the edge then you can probably laser to Ftilt or maybe even smash him if he's not prepared to get shot. He has no DJ so you can sometimes snipe his vulnerability frames if you're good at timing the laser I believe.

Handling edge dashing is a matter of knowing the range of it before the invincibility wears off. Try different ranges where you laser/Bair/Dair/Ftilt/younameit that will hit Doc as he's coming out of edge dash lag+invincibility.

Ask if you have any further questions =)

I'll critique you sometime this week don't worry =)

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
The biggest tip I got against Doc is to NEVER shield pills. Dash in the no hit zones, negate them with bair / ftilt or w/e, but never shield them because it'll kill your mobility and allow Doc to come in and turn you into a roll / spot dodge noob.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
maybe you should teach me doc too kevin.

that character seems fun :)

i'm just gonna be the guy who you teach random fundamentals of characters just so you can certainly say you can body them as you imagine.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
ok. the only characters i'm actually interested in are fox and ganon. peach and doc are legitimately intruiguing to me, but i feel like i'd need an actual teacher (like yourself) to get anything out of them, and even then, i can't imagine really having a peach...but who knows what next year holds.

unknown522

Some guy
Yeah, I barely use ICs ever.

Jiggs and peach very occasionally (peach in teams mostly).

Edit: looks like pp and zhu have The doc stuff covered.

Some things to add: if you see doc do d-air at almost any given point, you can b-air beside him and beat it easily. Sometimes it may not be wise to contest his b-air, especially at the edge of the stage. A trade may get you gimped if he's at a low enough percent. Most docs will shield a lot, and also try to shield grab you, so you will probably find a lot of opportunities to grab Vs doc. If you're center stage, then u-throw. If near the edge, just throw him off.

Edgeguarding vs doc, always hold the ledge when he gets reasonably close to the stage. Also don't fall for stupid recoveries like his tornado while recovering low. Watch what he does. If he up-bs early then roll on to the stage. If he does the tornado, either refresh your invincibility, or drop down and b-air him (or shine -> b-air/d-air). Just remember that doc can't go very far, and his recovery is limited in that respect. Also, if you know that he likes to throw pills while recovering then b-air/d-air through them and hit him while you're at it.

Edit 2: crossing up doc's shield with aerials can be risky, since his u-smash oos hits behind him. Make sure that you are outspacing it if you are pressuring from behing him. When pressuring from the front, I recommend using double shine a lot. Also beware of u-air oos. It's really fast and hits in front of him (the person I've seen do it aside from myself with either Mario or doc is mango, so you may not have to worry).

Edit 3: kind of optional, but doc kinda gets ***** by a good platform game by spacies. Even going out of your pressure onto a platform is really good (like double shine -> platform waveland). You can try to bait aerials/movement from him and see if you can come down and disrupt him. Picking a good angle to attack from with a falling b-air/d-air/laser is really good. If he's jumping around as well, the. You can catch him with a laser then start a combo with n-air or something. Just beware of u-tilt when you're coming down. If he's walking around underneath, then he's probably gonna go for it. If he's committed to a WD/DD, then there's a chance to attack. Just try not to get tricked.

Armada

Smash Lord
Ya, i acknowledge its a DAVID-SIRLIN-PLAY2WIN SCRUB mentality, but maybe there are some things more important than winning

Well i wasn't saying that top players shouldn't take the matches seriously. Its fine if two players want to try their hardest and test themselves, but i think its not healthy to "get angry" just to try to beat someone. A good example of taking the game too seriously imo is Armada picking ylink and trying to time hbox out on purpose to "make him pay" for playing puff and playing gay or whatever. Like, armada should play to win, and its fine to counterpick, but purposefully trying to frustrate your opponent outside of the game seems rather cruel and unnecessary.

After all, it's still a game and no one is making that much money off of it, so i don't see why people feel the need to get so salty and rage. It's ok to be disappointed because thats just natural if you put a lot of time into something and don't succeed, but like hbox and pp throwing their controllers after losing to chu/javi seems pretty disrespectful to me.

I would much rather congratulate the opponent and ask to play friendlies, or try to learn why i lost, how they train outside of tourney, etc. than get mad and john which is what most people do.
I don't know how many times I need to say this but hopefully this will be the last time.
I don't care if I beat Hbox after 30sec or 8min. Ofc it would be cooler to beat him fast but it's not like Im "I wanna time him out now".

Im playing Y link because I feel he gives me a better chance of winning the tournament but HOW I win is something I could not care less about. Im playing for myself and if someone play like that against me and my Peach/Style dosen't work I will change it to something better. So I would appreciate if you don't talk for me like you know what I think/feel unless you actually know what you are talking about.

"The ability to think differently today from yesterday distinguishes the wise man from the stubborn”

Mahone

Smash Champion
My bad man, the commentator at gen2 (i think) said u told him personally that u wanted to time him out and you always talk about how much you hate puff and how gay puff is...

i guess i shouldnt of assumed the commentator was telling the truth but i didn't see why hed lie about that, maybe he misuderstood you

Armada

Smash Lord
That small part is actually true.
I wanted to time him out once but after that I never cared at all about how I win against him.

So yeah it was true for one match in 2011 but after Pound V I never cared.
Sorry if I sounded to angry but Im just a bit tired when people talk for me way to often :p

@Zhu: Why is shielding doc's projectiles that much of a problem? I would imagine that wavedash out of shield wouldn't kill your momentum at all. Wavedash back to reset the situation, or wave dash forwards and still keep momentum.
Sorry if I sounded to angry but Im just a bit tired when people talk for me way to often :p
You should just take the same attitude about how you win your matches regarding people speaking for you.
Or you could keep teaching the occasional person that they should not fully trust second hand information.

Mahone

Smash Champion
No, p said he should stop masturbating and hed do better at tournies but i said ur just a neighborhood p and this is a DOCTOR pp, so why would he listen to you, plus, hes the master of baiting

Eh, theres some immature pun about pp and masturbating but its too hard to think about right now, dont worry, itll come later

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Guys, everyday people hear things for the first time. Nobody has ever experienced everything. Instead of bashing them, we should celebrate their joy as we would want people to celebrate the first time we see something.

edit: that was the first time i ever thought of it in terms of fighting games though i had heard it for fishing. Made me smile :)

the circle of life continues

Kira-

Smash Champion
The biggest tip I got against Doc is to NEVER shield pills. Dash in the no hit zones, negate them with bair / ftilt or w/e, but never shield them because it'll kill your mobility and allow Doc to come in and turn you into a roll / spot dodge noob.
What other things does this apply to in the game??

-stab

Top Bottom