• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
i need help against icys plz tell me. the stupid fa.got shiet just croucj cancdl dsmashes everythin n ****in i try platform campin but doesnt work thst well cuz icy just cc dmsash. its so dum but it ***in works. i mainly die from **** thst sends me off stage rarely from stupid grab ****. pls help i dotn wAn lose to this bad ****ing useless shiy character again.

:phone:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
which falco are you?

This is what I figured out against Peach:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tGgf...eature=g-all-u

Critique plz
the video didn't work for me....something about an error during validation.

i need help against icys plz tell me. the stupid fa.got shiet just croucj cancdl dsmashes everythin n ****in i try platform campin but doesnt work thst well cuz icy just cc dmsash. its so dum but it ***in works. i mainly die from **** thst sends me off stage rarely from stupid grab ****. pls help i dotn wAn lose to this bad ****ing useless shiy character again.

:phone:
You don't need to platform camp ICs LOL.

Just laser them, then space moves on their shield(Dtilt/Fsmash/Dair/Bair kinda are all good for this).

More importantly, being mad at them only makes it easier for them to get in your head. Be calm man. =)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i find it rather comical that someones video about what they think about peach was invalidated by youtube itself, before it even got to the smash community.

:dwam:

Bones0

Smash Legend
1. Shine
2. Jump
3. Aerial

I recommend learning to do the jump with both the control stick and the Y button until you get an idea for when each is most effective.

It's me Q

Smash Apprentice
1. Shine
2. Jump
3. Aerial

I recommend learning to do the jump with both the control stick and the Y button until you get an idea for when each is most effective.
Yes I realise I can jump with the control stick :/

Like I said already, im asking about doing it mid air, can't find a quick example I thought it would be obvious what im asking

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It also helps if you hit them when you're more on top of them instead of below them so you have a little more leeway in the aerial timing(shine sends upward).

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
If the Marth would just learn how to dashdance you'd get punished way more for all those high Dairs you did

Shine Bairing when Marth is at like 40 is pretty bad when you hit him with a launcher <_<

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Can I have a critique of my Falco or something along those lines? It would be much appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvOmuA_L5kw (vs. Vanz)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW-HVyJb_lg (vs. Nakamaru)
Gonna critique match vs Nakamaru

I'm just gonna write down stuff as I think of it so there's no real order to this

- You got hit by Falcon's ledge-hop aerial more than you should have. Most Falcon mains I've played REALLY like this option so I'd say that you should either stay clear or punish it by getting in range and then doing something simple like jumping onto the platform or WDing back (or even dashing lol). One more thing, if you try to snipe their double jump back to the ledge with dsmash or downward angled ftilt and you miss, then you should immediately GTFO because there is a 95% chance they're going to try and punish your lag with an aerial from the ledge lol

- Your pressure needs work. You full hop/double jump excessively, which doesn't accomplish much and just serves to kinda slow you down a lot. Also when you full hop/double jump, you come down with an aerial a lot, and being obvious with an option that isn't very fast is a certain ticket to getting hurt.

Try to shield pressure with a purpose instead of just shine-aerial on his shield knowing that situation is "supposed to be" in your favor. Keep in mind what he likes to do to get out of certain situations because he'll likely keep doing it unless you punish him for it. It's kinda tough and this advice isn't super specific so take this with a grain of salt.

Another problem is that you run in to directly engage his shield when you don't need to. When he is shielding by the ledge his options are limited and if you space yourself correctly and subtly apply pressure you'll make him do something dumb; like roll into the stage or jump onto the platform, and falco can punish both of those pretty hard and on reaction if you're looking for it. Basically, you won't be in as good of a situation to punish him if you just jump on him if he's already in a pretty terrible position. Don't take this advice to mean you should never be on top of him though, because if he's in the middle of the stage you're gonna have to apply pressure to push him into a bad position.

Lastly, try to keep backing off from the opponent and shooting multiple lasers to reset the neutral game (like 9:48) as kind of a last resort IMO. Idk how others feel about it but I think that Falco has the tools to deal with the opponent is MOST situations, so peacing out and letting them get off scotch free isn't ideal.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yo PP, here is the Marth's video. I play a little better from dittos but get ***** as well lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AgLRU3ue7k

<3
-When comboing Marth, you should try to Dair and shine him as much as possible. Dair sets up for tech chases, and if you predict Marth's DI on shine, then you can DJ Dair and keep shining him for longer than usual. Otherwise, switch to Uptilt and Bair for hitting Marth towards the edge(he can't challenge you when you're below him very well).

-Jumping high to approach doesn't usually work well on Marth, especially if you don't have platforms to trick him with. Additionally, you don't always want to laser and then run in on Marth because he can counter your approaches really well. You have to mix in a little waiting sometimes to see if he does a move/moves away quickly so you don't get fooled over and over.

-When Uptilting Marth at low percents, you want to either Dair him back into the ground for an easy tech chase or Nair him across the stage to set up for a Dair or Fsmash or maybe more Nairs or Fairs depending on his DI.

-You hold shield whenever Marth is moving. You need to try and avoid him and shield right before he attacks or he gets free grabs. You can also counter some of his aerial approaches with AC Bair.

-Dthrow isn't good vs Marth. Just Uthrow combo or Bthrow. Fthrow is okay around 40ish percent because you get a free tech chase then I believe.

-If you CC close to Marth, you should shine, not Uptilt.

-When Marth respawns, try to stay towards the middle of the stage sometimes. Marth excels when he has you trapped.

-FH'ing out of pressure is okay while DJ'ing is more risky and should at least be saved for lower percents.

-Make sure you get a read before rushing in. You seem to do a lot to overwhelm the opponent but with Marth you have to see if he commits sometimes. Try throwing a couple DDs into your game.

-Don't space yourself on Marth's shield. Get close to it and stay close. Marth has to WD OOS or roll then pretty much.

-Jabbing Marth to combo doesn't work too much. At least at lower percents anyway. Try just Dair'ing if you're close to Marth and don't want to be there, even retreating can be good.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Nah dude. Just stop trying to grab. Grabbing just gets you *****. Stop sucking. I'm not even trying. I'd **** you but I can't play gay. Because of how confident I am. I'd have to warm up gay to play gay. Your shield pressure sucks.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
lol that was mango?

anyway, I'll try everything, in the next days I'll play with DoNaS again. With that i'm not sure if Falco should be my main, I think my fox is better lol
maybe I'll put some fox video here so you can say what char is better for me

<3 y'all

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Sorry, here is the link with me vs Peach again. Critique plz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tGgfNWFPm4

Third match is like 11:20

I thought I would ask here cause it's Falco (PP) vs Armada, best of both chars

I'm not that good btw

I messed up that first game bad

LOTS OF BUFFERED ROLLS

I'M SCARED OF GETTING N-AIRED OUT OF COMBOS SO I NEVER FULL HOP D-AIR!

Apologies if I play lame

Also, should I take the time to learn how to Falco ditto? Every time someone plays Falco I just switch to Fox.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Sorry, here is the link with me vs Peach again. Critique plz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tGgfNWFPm4

Third match is like 11:20

I thought I would ask here cause it's Falco (PP) vs Armada, best of both chars

I'm not that good btw

I messed up that first game bad

LOTS OF BUFFERED ROLLS

I'M SCARED OF GETTING N-AIRED OUT OF COMBOS SO I NEVER FULL HOP D-AIR!

Apologies if I play lame

Also, should I take the time to learn how to Falco ditto? Every time someone plays Falco I just switch to Fox.
I'll critique tomorrow.

@Other question: Kinda depends. If you feel more comfortable playing Fox and you play Fox more in general then you should play Fox. Otherwise just stick to Falco. The matchup can be done either way.

eff this game
LMAO stop being bad sami's hair

D

Deleted member

LMAO stop being bad sami's hair
When I saw Sami 2 weeks ago, I thought his hair was one of those RBY pokemon with wrap lol

edit: druggedfox is godlike

[23:50] mycatgoesmow: why the salt?
[23:50] Sami: cuz i played like ***
[23:50] Sami: like, i literally can't execute what i want
[23:50] Sami: there's no point in playing if i can't do what im thinking
[23:51] mycatgoesmow: see thats your problem
[23:51] mycatgoesmow: you play animals with diseases and you're still "thinking"
[23:51] mycatgoesmow: whatever that actually means
[23:51] Sami: honestly?
[23:51] Sami: that's what i said at one point
[23:51] mycatgoesmow: LOL
[23:51] Sami: i figured out my problem
[23:51] Sami: i should stop thinking
[23:51] Sami: and just press buttons
[23:52] Sami: then at least i can braindead tech skill you to death
[23:52] Sami: instead of thinking and messing up
[23:52] mycatgoesmow: KK told me that falco can solve all of his problems by pressing more buttons
[23:52] mycatgoesmow: it hit me deep
[23:52] Sami: i feel that way sometimes
[23:53] mycatgoesmow: you played with kevin right?
[23:53] Sami: yeah
[23:53] mycatgoesmow: last time i played kevin i didn't take a single match
[23:53] Sami: i think i took a couple
[23:53] Sami: but its just like
[23:53] mycatgoesmow: oh wait
[23:53] Sami: insanely frustrating when i COULD be winning
[23:53] mycatgoesmow: i beat his FOX with ZELDA LOL
[23:53] Sami: you did?
[23:54] mycatgoesmow: yeah and cactus was watching him, some throw-away match
[23:54] mycatgoesmow: he made the strong derpy face that he does
[23:54] mycatgoesmow: then we did FFAs and cactus and kevin made it a point to team-infinite me every stock until 440
[23:54] Sami: :D
[23:54] mycatgoesmow: zelda was a sad princess that day

Top Bottom