• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Boards Community Guide Discussion/Rough Draft *WE'RE NOT DONE YET!!! *

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
About the laser section...

For whoever is making that...I have some suggestions

For SHDL
-Diff between incorrect, imperfect and perfect
-List for who can be hit by imperfect lasers standing and crouching
-Char's that must be hit by a silent laser

SHDL

Smash Rookie
Added Smashes, Aerials and working on throws a bit later (it's late). If anyone would like to add or edit anything in the description that seems false or needs to be added go ahead and bring that to everyones attention.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
About the laser section...

For whoever is making that...I have some suggestions

For SHDL
-Diff between incorrect, imperfect and perfect
-List for who can be hit by imperfect lasers standing and crouching
-Char's that must be hit by a silent laser
Crystal, up for trying this tomorrow? or Friday, whatever works.

Going to a funeral, and then got ****in' math tutoring. In the summer, for almost failing 9th. Who does that? :confused:

Crystal, up for trying this tomorrow? or Friday, whatever works.

Going to a funeral, and then got ****in' math tutoring. In the summer, for almost failing 9th. Who does that? :confused:
I knew a guy who failed kindergarden. I could try if I get around to it. I'll be gone Friday - Sunday for most of that time.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Stages, not done.

Wow, sorry for my long absence. I'll get to work right away. I'll try to see if I can get a few neutrals in.

Stages:

Final Destination
[/inserttehpic]
Key Points of Interest: None, this stage is flat. That is a good thing laser camping is east on this stage, please abuse this. Be careful with characters that can crawl.
Characters you want to think about bringing here: Short ones that can crawl or duck really low, Diddy Kong and Sonic.

Battle Field
[PICTHUREINSERTO]
Key Points of Interest:
Characters you want to think about bringing here:

Smashville
[PICTHUREINSERTO]
Key Points of Interest:The platform that travels. You can CG the hell out of heavies here. Several Characters will attempt to avoid lasers up there as well.
Characters you want to think about bringing here: Metaknight (Can use the platform a lot better than Falco, it truly isn't worth it, though it does not make this match-up impossible.)

Lylat Cruise
[PICTHUREINSERTO]
Key Points of Interest: The ledges are hard to aim for when recovering. BE CAREFUL
Characters you want to think about bringing here: Wario (He will out camp you in the air)

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
[PICTHUREINSERTO]
Key Points of Interest:
Characters you want to think about bringing here: Wario, Snake...(You might need to remember about Wall clingers, when you punish recovery)

Could anyone mention things for stuff regarding the throws. As far as I know there really isn't much to the throws apart from Dthrow is the best as it typically leads to other attacks. Fthrow and Dthrow are really only used when at higher percents when Dthrow no longer leads into anything and you want to get them offstage. Uthrow I cannot think of any use for this. It may as well not even be used.

Edit: I take that back, Uthrow does have a use. It can be used to shove people into the pirahna plant on pictochat and the spikes :)

Its cool. I'll try and test it with someone else.

Wish I was in the Falco BR. :(
1) FBR people even said things aren't quite working out so well back there.
2) Asking or saying stuff like that I would think would not get you in anyway. (If they follow the same stuff regulations as the SBR).
3) Work hard enough, be recognized and stay a Falco main and I bet you'll reach that goal someday :)

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
I think Uthrow gets de-stales your moves. I remember pure_awesome saying something about it.

It's either uthrow or pummel >_> Ask him.

I think if you play your cards right, you could chain uthrow into a spike. However, there are plenty of better methods.

At least it looks cool?

I think Uthrow gets de-stales your moves. I remember pure_awesome saying something about it.

It's either uthrow or pummel >_> Ask him.

I think if you play your cards right, you could chain uthrow into a spike. However, there are plenty of better methods.

At least it looks cool?
Agreed, after Dthrow, Uthrow is Falco's coolest move. Pummel I know refreshes your moves, but I don't know about Uthrow refreshing unless it's multiple hits in the decay chain. If that was the case I could see it, if it is not then Fthrow or Bthrow is still a better option to get them offstage and edgeguard them.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
His Wings of Icarus can make him hit the floor quicker than you think. His shield will eat up any horizontal approach.

And I agree that Falco can pretty much counter Pit in a a lot of situations, but Pit gets to make the first move. A Falco player just needs to be prepared for whatever Pit tries to do.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
About the boost smashing.

Can you get the same distance using dash->c-stick down->up+attack as dash->c-stick down->up+z if you adjust your timing? B/C the differences between the two with perfect timing are pretty noticeable.

One more thing.

Falco's Jab is one of the best in SSBB ! It's quick (2 frames), has good range, and offers a lot of possibilities.
You can mix it up as well, such as going for the full jab (A, A, A), which works suprisingly well, and your opponent has no choice but to DI away from you and can also lead into others moves (Shine, regrab, Dash Attack) if you predict his DI / reaction.

One can DI upwards and use an air and use the "take more damage to deal more damage" route.

YUNq PHR3$H

Smash Journeyman
Wow, sorry for my long absence. I'll get to work right away. I'll try to see if I can get a few neutrals in.

Stages:

Final Destination
[/inserttehpic]
Key Points of Interest: None, this stage is flat. That is a good thing laser camping is east on this stage, please abuse this. Be careful with characters that can crawl.
Characters you want to think about bringing here: Short ones that can crawl or duck really low, Diddy Kong and Sonic.

Battle Field
[PICTHUREINSERTO]
Key Points of Interest:
Characters you want to think about bringing here:

Smashville
[PICTHUREINSERTO]
Key Points of Interest:The platform that travels. You can CG the hell out of heavies here. Several Characters will attempt to avoid lasers up there as well.
Characters you want to think about bringing here: Metaknight (Can use the platform a lot better than Falco, it truly isn't worth it, though it does not make this match-up impossible.)

Lylat Cruise
[PICTHUREINSERTO]
Key Points of Interest: The ledges are hard to aim for when recovering. BE CAREFUL
Characters you want to think about bringing here: Wario (He will out camp you in the air)

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
[PICTHUREINSERTO]
Key Points of Interest:
Characters you want to think about bringing here: Wario, Snake...(You might need to remember about Wall clingers, when you punish recovery)

You Can Use The Pics I Posted If You Want Or Upload Your Own
The Only Thing Is That Some Stages Are Texture Hacked

Blahblahwutever

Smash Journeyman
is SHDL the Falco boards account?

Anyways, i'm not in the credits in the guide even though I contributed info on outside-of-Brawl Falco.

Denzi

Smash Master
is SHDL the Falco boards account?

Anyways, i'm not in the credits in the guide even though I contributed info on outside-of-Brawl Falco.
"Guys, You're not giving me credit for copying someone else's summary and pasting it here."

I'm just kidding. Don't worry, the guide still isn't done.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Hey guys, what else needs to be written up for the guide? Whoever's in charge just post here to have a list of what's missing or just shoot me a PM. I comfortable with writing just about anything other than frame data and very specific numerical details.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Yeah, we need pics. I'll ask Phresh if he can do them. Still waiting for the other pics from Blad though.

We need a list of terms that tell the basics. DI, SDI, etc. Anything that's not mentioned in the Falco Specific post.

If I think of anything else, I'll add it.

I'm back from the weekend finally.

I can add a small summary to the "Attacks" section regarding Specials. Lasers though will have to get it's own section. Anyone else agree that Phantasm and Maybe Firebird should get it's own section as well?

Plus, could someone edit over the attacks section? I'll be going back to edit any grammer and errors I notice myself, but I cannot find everything. Also, do the move summaries seem alright? Anything that should be chanaged or added to it.

@Emperor Time: Who is that on your avatar? I keep thinking of the Fat Albert character, but I know it's not.

Crystal, we're still missing the more universal ATs, like DI, autocancelling, and stuff like that.
That is list would be equally as long x.x There are a ton of stuff and general knowledge people could know. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187873 That's the compliation of all know things as of January I believe.
I wonder if it would be simplier to direct people to that thread instead.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
I'm back from the weekend finally.

I can add a small summary to the "Attacks" section regarding Specials. Lasers though will have to get it's own section. Anyone else agree that Phantasm and Maybe Firebird should get it's own section as well?

Plus, could someone edit over the attacks section? I'll be going back to edit any grammer and errors I notice myself, but I cannot find everything. Also, do the move summaries seem alright? Anything that should be chanaged or added to it.

@Emperor Time: Who is that on your avatar? I keep thinking of the Fat Albert character, but I know it's not.
Ryu Jose from Gundam 0079.

I got your back on the edits, man.....I've been doing it in the shadows *woosh*

Denzi

Smash Master
I think the next thing we need to get done is adding the "Specials" section to part II of the guide.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Mm, I think Hawk should do Firebird.

I'm not to intelligent with his Specials, I just know how to pew pew and shine.

I'll be updating credits soon though. Like what I typed bout you mah boi. <3

Denzi

Smash Master
Mm, I think Hawk should do Firebird.

I'm not to intelligent with his Specials, I just know how to pew pew and shine.

Ok then, as long as it gets done. We can basically just cut and paste from Fluke's thread for the Shine info.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Ehhhh, I hate typing into an edit box, so I'm-a type it up here and you guys can copy/paste it in whenever and format it how you like.

Up+B
Firebird
-Description: Falco combusts into flames and after a moment of staying in place, he will charge in the direction that you are holding, hitting multiple times with the final hit knocking the opponent away. There are 16 different possible angles to Firebird.
-Summary: The Firebird is a rather poor special. There is a long start up time and the hit box does not come out as soon as you think it would. It also does not cover a lot of distance. It should never be used as an attack. Not even as a mixup, bait, or a mindgame. It can be predicted very easily; it is even easier to punish; it does not deal enough damage or knock back to warrant taking the risk of attacking with it; it does not KO. There are very few things that you should "never" do, and this is one of them.

The Firebird is also Falco's secondary option of vertical recovery, his first option being his jump. UpB should really only be used as a recovery when it is absolutely necessary, though the very rare mixup from phantasm is okay. Because of it's long start up time and short distance, it is easy to for opponents to edge hog when using the Firebird to recover from below.

When finished in the air, the Firebird will lead into free fall that can be DI'd very slightly forwards and slightly more backwards. Because of the greater amount of backwards DI, it is suggested that when recovering from below, you input the Firebird Up and away from the stage and then Firebird vertically so you have a chance of landing on the stage if the opponent edge hogs.

When finished parallel to the floor, Falco will land and you can act after a small amount of cool down. When "crashed" into the ground, Falco will bounce off and then land, increasing the amount of lag. However, if you crash into a slope, it may result in a Flamedash (link).

------

I don't know what else to put in other than damage statistics. Range? Stars? Frames?

Top Bottom