• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcawwwwnnn Chaingrab!!!

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
Yes, as the title says down throw, walk forward, and press over+grab. It grabs them during their falling animation, a bit like a lone popo's chaingrab. However it only works from around 20-70% on the charachters I tested, but it may depend on weight.
This could be useful, but I'm not sure. No videos to date, I may put one up later.
If you think this is cool respond, if you think I'm an idiot respond, if you think Capatain Falcon is cool respond. Or not...

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Yes, as the title says down throw, walk forward, and press over+grab. It grabs them during their falling animation, a bit like a lone popo's chaingrab. However it only works from around 20-70% on the charachters I tested, but it may depend on weight.
This could be useful, but I'm not sure. No videos to date, I may put one up later.
If you think this is cool respond, if you think I'm an idiot respond, if you think Capatain Falcon is cool respond. Or not...
The only drawback is if the opponent DIs. If they DI, you won't be able to grab them the next one. Otherwise, this is good for racking up damage.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
If you walk, you can see the DI and run to catch up. Also, that's why it works at low %'s so they don't go high enough to get much of a DI. The timing is hard to get though.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
isnt his forward throw a semi chaingrab?
You can hit him with a quick attack before CF can do another throw.

And I heard about CF having a D-throw chaingrab before... but no one ever fully explained it. I heard it was good on Ike.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I can do this on any character and any percent, I'm not boasting. I'm just saying that you just have to be really fast with the buttons and the D-stick, me and my friends have awesome battles with this and when we chain grab to the edge. My friend and I just Short Hop and Forward 'B' move. Nice spike though and fun to do as well, also I'd like to point out that there is a lagg on your D-stick once you finish down grab. So, what I do is I time the right animation frame when the lagg or button lock as I like to call it disappears.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
I can do this on any character and any percent, I'm not boasting. I'm just saying that you just have to be really fast with the buttons and the D-stick, me and my friends have awesome battles with this and when we chain grab to the edge. My friend and I just Short Hop and Forward 'B' move. Nice spike though and fun to do as well, also I'd like to point out that there is a lagg on your D-stick once you finish down grab. So, what I do is I time the right animation frame when the lagg or button lock as I like to call it disappears.
No you can't. Btw, you guys can just buffer the dash.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Are we talking about the same thing? What I mean is down grab which makes them bounce, then really quickly grab them in the falling animation? It's easy with big characters and difficult with small (but still possible) I'm talking about 0% starts here. Fast thumbs anyone? ;)

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Someone from the Ike boards said they were affected by this in one of the tournaments and was CG'd up to 40%. I thought he was talking about CF's forward throw but after this thread came up, this may have not been such a false accusation.

I suggest the Falcons here try this out. I may try it out as well if I'm bored.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's a faux-chaingrab more than anything.

Since they can most likely... airdodge.

N@$H

Smash Rookie
I've actually done this naturally in play sometimes without really considering it any kind of chaingrab, but beyond 25% they get too many options. Agree with Tenki, just a faux CG

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
How do you know I can't? And how do you buffer the dash mate?
Because Falcon can not chain grab any character at any percent, thars really stupid. You buffer it by inputting the dash animation while you are in the throw animation. D3 mains have been using this to get frame perfect CGs.

__V

Smash Journeyman
Falcon doesn't have a chaingrab. [/thread]

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
I've managed to get a DThrow>DThrow>FThrow>FThrow>Nair on a DK at FD before. XD Of course the DK had a tendency to FF and Spot dodge, so it made it easier on me.

Now that I think of it, I could have easily spiked him with a Dair or Raptor Boost from the second FThrow that threw him off of FD barely. @_@

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
no and no,
use pure logic
can u really be the first person to discover chain grab for a character after 8 months since the game released?

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
no and no,
use pure logic
can u really be the first person to discover chain grab for a character after 8 months since the game released?
*facepalm*

This wasn't a normal chain grab, it was based on grab release. And discovering chain grabs isn't as easy as you might think. Like recently I think a Bowser infinite on Wario was found. That was found WAY after the game release. Another example is a free knee on Wario based on grab release being found, these things aren't easy to find out and some people don't even tell others about what they find out as soon as they discover it. Theres no reason to say that someone can not find a chain grab on MK or someone else a year after the game was released if they try something unorthodox.

AT like this aren't as easy as you might think to find out. Like the footstall to SideB DKs recently got.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
*facepalm*

This wasn't a normal chain grab, it was based on grab release. And discovering chain grabs isn't as easy as you might think. Like recently I think a Bowser infinite on Wario was found. That was found WAY after the game release. Another example is a free knee on Wario based on grab release being found, these things aren't easy to find out and some people don't even tell others about what they find out as soon as they discover it. Theres no reason to say that someone can not find a chain grab on MK or someone else a year after the game was released if they try something unorthodox.

AT like this aren't as easy as you might think to find out. Like the footstall to SideB DKs recently got.
and i think i have read the thread but u did not.

the reason why i wrote so little was because i didn't want to flame the thread starter. and u obviously misunderstood my point.

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
^^ And I didn't because I thought I already read the thread. Unfortunately I got this thread confused with another thread that I was checking on at the time. Still, its still very much possible for something new to be learned like an infinite.

It was based on Falcon's D-throw...

But I will agree with the rest of your comments.
XD I was thinking of another thread. I don't keep up with all the threads at the same time and when I do I sometimes forget what thread I'm on. I was thinking about the Possible MK infinite (not joke) thread. I forget these things. It happens when you don't check the first post of the thread and go away for days at a time and try to make up for it all at once amirite?

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
and i think i have read the thread but u did not.

the reason why i wrote so little was because i didn't want to flame the thread starter. and u obviously misunderstood my point.
i theenk u talk liek a n00b.
Capitalize I, type 'you' and capitalize the first letter of your sentances and maybe I'll consider what you say.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
lol.
How silly. I haven't read any replies yet but I'm sure you could escape it unless you're like..blind, deaf and dumb.
Airdodge? Attack? DI?

Falcon boards are silly.
However, this is better than that 'combo' found on DK a few days ago which included a Falcon Punch, lmao.

__V

Smash Journeyman
You can always chaingrab them if you unplug their controller.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Oh, didn't you hear? There's a failsafe now. If a controller gets unplugged during a match, whoever's playing Captain Falcon immediately loses. Just another of the countless nerfs he's gotten.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
Capitalize I, type 'you' and capitalize the first letter of your sentances and maybe I'll consider what you say.
how smart? i didn't know "sentance" is spelled that way
and why should i care if u consider my sentence or not? noob do poor in tournys, not when they type u instead of you
and if u still don't see who's the noob here, come back and read this thread again after u play brawl for another 2 years. if that's enough time for u.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Now that is the solution to chaingrabing for any character, on top of that you have just revealed the secret to why Ken wins alot! True Story!

Wogrim

Smash Lord
u made a oopsie

how smart? i didn't know "sentance" is spelled that way
and why should i care if u consider my sentence or not? noob do poor in tournys, not when they type u instead of you
and if u still don't see who's the noob here, come back and read this thread again after u play brawl for another 2 years. if that's enough time for u.
:laugh: and we already had a grammar battle in a different thread (I think it was the weekly discussion thread).

Or Falcon Punch.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Oh, didn't you hear? There's a failsafe now. If a controller gets unplugged during a match, whoever's playing Captain Falcon immediately loses. Just another of the countless nerfs he's gotten.
If only this held true for MetaKnight. :laugh:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm too busy trying to uthrow->falcon dive (or some other move, depending on if they jump, or when they airdodge)
or fthrow->fthrow->fthrow

to remember that dthrow and bthrow exist with Falcon :(

Edit: I played a Sonic a little while ago, and I dthrew him like 6 times in a row, just by walking around waiting for him to land. But there is no way this can be a chaingrab. It's only a semi-chaingrab with mindgames :[

Rawr_

Smash Apprentice
this depends on opponent's DI, and usually only works for a couple throws, but the initial OMGQWTFCHAINGRAB reaction from the opponent is usually enough to downthrow them a couple more times. follow with a raptor boost or sh nair/fair for maximum lulz.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I think this chaingrab has been known well before october 3rd (or may be not a true CG, but almost one which just works well). Like others said, may be it is just a 'semi-CG' cus u can DI away from it, but even if thats so, it'll still work well cus you can predict where they go sometimes.

Top Bottom