• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I prefer how Mega Mewtwo X looks, but I like how Mega Mewtwo Y focuses on Special Attack.
I like X because it looks more 'mega' than MMY. I was really hoping for regular Mewtwo to get a Special Attack based moveset and then get the final smash to mega evolve in X and go all Physical on everyone. Would have been a nice change but since Y is the one Nintendo use for publicity I doubt we will see X.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
yeah?
is that so?
really?
k
<---Melee Mewtwo (note the hand design, it's the EXACT SAME AS PORTRAYED IN THE GRENINJA TRAILER.)
I'm done here. (btw, you're welcome.)
Um, thanks? That actually makes a lot of sense. I don't get why you were being so defensive.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I always wonder if I should call Mewtwo a he, she or it. It had a female voice recently...Ah whatever I'll call it a he, but yea. Not hearing anything yet could be good news. Sakurai could be saving the best for last. Like I said. There is absolutely no reason he shouldn't be back. I would cry a little if Wii fit trainer has a slot but not Mewtwo.
Different Mewtwo, actually. Mewtwo is an it but is called he due to his origins and voice.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
R.I.P Liquidfgc, loving husband and father.
Actually brother cuz I'm obviously liquid snake, HUEHUEHUEHUE

Just kidding, I don't suppose there's anything wrong with differing opinions.

...right?

Anyone who paid attention should have noticed that Mewtwo does not throw shurikens anyway. Never mind blue ones.

Ok, no more :4greninja: posts, I'm out til tomorrow.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Actually brother cuz I'm obviously liquid snake, HUEHUEHUEHUE

Just kidding, I don't suppose there's anything wrong with differing opinions.

...right?

Anyone who paid attention should have noticed that Mewtwo does not throw shurikens anyway. Never mind blue ones.

Ok, no more :4greninja: posts, I'm out til tomorrow.

I'm directly pointing out the period before the move's qualities were in full detail. The way the attack was being used could of easily ended up being Aura Sphere. An attack that is now, in modern times, associated with Mewtwo. Especially in competitive play.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I like X because it looks more 'mega' than MMY. I was really hoping for regular Mewtwo to get a Special Attack based moveset and then get the final smash to mega evolve in X and go all Physical on everyone. Would have been a nice change but since Y is the one Nintendo use for publicity I doubt we will see X.
Or Y could be the Wii U Final Smash, and X could be the 3DS Final Smash. I've been thinking about "different game, different Mega Evolution" ever since I saw Charizard. I don't know why no one else has considered it.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Or Y could be the Wii U Final Smash, and X could be the 3DS Final Smash. I've been thinking about "different game, different Mega Evolution" ever since I saw Charizard. I don't know why no one else has considered it.
That would be really cool. Hopefully something like that happens.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
"This character is obviously not Mewtwo, but the power of nostalgia b***rs* is stronger.
I spent too much time trying to figure out what b***rs is. IS IT A BAD WORD? I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT WHAT IS IT?

Can someone explain the whole "greninja's hand while charging the water attack in the trailer weren't webbed, so mewtwo is confirmed right?" Thing to me?

Mewtwo's hands look nothing like that.
No webbing on Greninja's fingers though! But if Mewtwo does come back, I hope his head isn't as big, and his fingers and just overall design are more like this art right here ^

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Seeing how one of the issues Mewtwo has was the large hitbox on his tail, what if he simply, you know, has it curved like he does in every one of his other appearances?

Steelia

Smash Champion
When it cut away to the cave and saw the dark, lithe, three-fingered shadow performing a Shadow Ball-esque maneuver (putting hands to side Kamehameha-style), I instantly thought Mewtwo... for a moment. But it didn't really add up, since the body appeared upside-down, the tail didn't look like a tail, and the Shadow Ball wasn't a Shadow Ball. I thought it was some kind of ice move with a cool white effect in the middle, couldn't see the shurikens at all during my first viewing, lol.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I spent too much time trying to figure out what b***rs is. IS IT A BAD WORD? I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT WHAT IS IT?

No webbing on Greninja's fingers though! But if Mewtwo does come back, I hope his head isn't as big, and his fingers and just overall design are more like this art right here ^
I got that it wasn't webbed, I was referring to how mewtwo has giant spheres on the tips of his fingers. Someone else clarified that it would look like that if it was by his melee design.

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo has new found competition with someone else now.

Zoroark has gotten the Ridley/Palutena treatment from Sakurai, this automatically makes him major competition.

He didn't say Ns Name and Zoroark is his signature Pokemon (Some theorys suggest N is a zoroark)
He was shown in Greninjas trailer and Sakurai made it obvious that not all of them will be Pokeball Pokemon, otherwise he wouldn't be so vague about it.
Ns Castle is the only place that makes sense to be a stage where Zoroark could pop up as a stage hazard, yet instead we get Milotic.

Sorry sweeties, but Sakurai has been alluding to the Pokemon of illusion. And Greninjas was simply missing some details just so you wouldn't recognized him as Greninja, Sakurai likes Surprises and it would have been obvious if he had kept the webbing.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041

Zoroark has gotten the Ridley/Palutena treatment from Sakurai, this automatically makes him major competition.

He didn't say Ns Name and Zoroark is his signature Pokemon (Some theorys suggest N is a zoroark)
He was shown in Greninjas trailer and Sakurai made it obvious that not all of them will be Pokeball Pokemon, otherwise he wouldn't be so vague about it.
Ns Castle is the only place that makes sense to be a stage where Zoroark could pop up as a stage hazard, yet instead we get Milotic.

Sorry sweeties, but Sakurai has been alluding to the Pokemon of illusion. And Greninjas was simply missing some details just so you wouldn't recognized him as Greninja, Sakurai likes Surprises and it would have been obvious if he had kept the webbing.
I really don't think you can use fan theories as evidence of a character's inclusion in Smash Bros. If Zoroark makes it in the game I'll eat a sock, he really doesn't have much of a chance. I'm sorry but his relevance has hit an all time low and we know relevance is how Sakurai chooses Pokemon for the games. I don't think any of this makes him 'automatically major competition'.

Just something else to add: I'd pick one of the most popular Pokemon of all time with two mega evolutions and a recent movie over a semi popular Pokemon who wasn't received entirely well by the public and hasn't been relevant for some time now.

Last edited:

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Zoroark was deconfirmed a long time ago, go watch Greninja's trailer. Zoroark is among the thrown Pokemon.

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
I really don't think you can use fan theories as evidence of a character's inclusion in Smash Bros. If Zoroark makes it in the game I'll eat a sock, he really doesn't have much of a chance. I'm sorry but his relevance has hit an all time low and we know relevance is how Sakurai chooses Pokemon for the games. I don't think any of this makes him 'automatically major competition'.

Just something else to add: I'd pick one of the most popular Pokemon of all time with two mega evolutions and a recent movie over a semi popular Pokemon who wasn't received entirely well by the public and hasn't been relevant for some time now.
Sweetheart, Jigglypuff was very irrelevant when she was added if your calling Zoroark irrelevant. And Greninja didn't even have a game when he was decided and was a mere starter Pokemon with no more importance then the other two.

Zoroark was deconfirmed a long time ago, go watch Greninja's trailer. Zoroark is among the thrown Pokemon.
Please read my post again, you would realize that it doesn't disconfirm him

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Wasn't Zoroark already show as a pokeball (he had a grave in the disconfirmed forum)? And even if Milotic is in, doesn't mean that Zoroark can't (on Spear Pillar we get Dialga, Palkia, Cresselia and Mesprit). Last, what would be the interesting of Zoroark? The fact that he can became other characters? We already have Kirby for that. Dude, he haven't even half of Lucario's popularity. And Mewtwo is more popular than Lucario...

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Sweetheart, Jigglypuff was very irrelevant when she was added if your calling Zoroark irrelevant. And Greninja didn't even have a game when he was decided and was a mere starter Pokemon with no more importance then the other two.

Please read my post again, you would realize that it doesn't disconfirm him
Jigglypuff was not irrelevant when she was added? What are you talking about? She was ridiculously popular back when Smash64 came out because of her role in the anime...

Greninja didn't have a game but that doesn't change the fact that he would be relevant when Smash was to be coming out. If you don't believe me when I say that's how Sakurai chooses Pokemon then you really need to read some of his interviews because Im getting that information directly from him, 'sweetheat'.

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't Zoroark already show as a pokeball (he had a grave in the disconfirmed forum)? And even if Milotic is in, doesn't mean that Zoroark can't (on Spear Pillar we get Dialga, Palkia, Cresselia and Mesprit). Last, what would be the interesting of Zoroark? The fact that he can became other characters? We already have Kirby for that. Dude, he haven't even half of Lucario's popularity. And Mewtwo is more popular than Lucario...
He can do a lot more then transform into others witn his illusion abilities, and Zoroark and Swirlix are the only Pokemon in Greninjas trailer who haven't been seen yet.

And Mespirit was just a background character. And who teases a background character?

Jigglypuff was not irrelevant when she was added? What are you talking about? She was ridiculously popular back when Smash64 came out because of her role in the anime...

Greninja didn't have a game but that doesn't change the fact that he would be relevant when Smash was to be coming out. If you don't believe me when I say that's how Sakurai chooses Pokemon then you really need to read some of his interviews because Im getting that information directly from him, 'sweetheat'.
honey, you talk like Gen 5 was released 15 years ago. Zoroark is easily the most notable pokemon from that generation and was involved with many of its promotional material, he was even in the X and Y reveal trailer.

Zoroark is certainly not irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
He can do a lot more then transform into others witn his illusion abilities, and Zoroark and Swirlix are the only Pokemon in Greninjas trailer who haven't been seen yet.

And Mespirit was just a background character. And who teases a background character?
For what we know, Milotic is Zoroark in disguise. And if that stage tease Zoroark, Pokemon League tease Mewtwo because after that you can go to fight him.
Tease Backgroud Character?
coff coff Ridley coff coff

Zoroark isn't irrelevant, he is the must recobizable from Gen 5, that's true, but pokemon aren't choosen for reconizable (or we would have only Gen 1 pok.), but for popularity. And Gen 5 is one of the least (if not the least) popular gen. Being the first among the lasts isn't a big point.
Conclusion: Zoroark is relevant, buf there are more relevant and deserving one. One of these is Mewtwo, dear.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
honey, you talk like Gen 5 was released 15 years ago. Zoroark is easily the most notable pokemon from that generation and was involved with many of its promotional material, he was even in the X and Y reveal trailer.

You shouldn't double post. I see a moderator fixed that for you.

Ok, I'll try to explain this a bit clearer.
Sakurai has stated in interviews that he picks Pokemon by their recent popularity in the movies, anime and games. Zoroark is irrelevant in all of those aspects.

Not to be rude or anything 'honey', but it really just seems you're grasping at straws here. First you combat with Jiggypuff apparently being irrelevant when that is absolutely untrue, you bring up fan theories to argue your point. Your only argument that holds some sort of foundation is that we haven't seen Zoroark come out of a Pokeball yet but going by that Swirlix confirmed!!!!
Also the Ridley/Palutena treatment is a fan theory that is yet to be proven.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Swirlix confirmed.

Seriously though; whilst Zoroark arguably has more going for it than any other Gen V Pokemon, Mewtwo still has twice as much. Jigglypuff also has perfect attendance (and is still very relevant/popular in Japan, I have heard, even though few people care about it in the west outside of Smash Bros). I believe both of those would get in before Zoroark, so Zoroark is at most as likely as getting a 7th Pokemon rep to me.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Jigglypuff might be more relevant than Zoroark now due to the type change to fairy. While this is not evidence, Zoroark's illusions don't let him copy abilities or moves. If he appears in the game, I expect him to come out of a Poké Ball as a different Pokemon, then use Night Daze before revealing himself. That's the best way to show his gimmick of having illusion abilities. If he is playable, you can't really use his illusion ability because locally, people will see you choose him beforehand. Online might be different, but you would be revealed after your first move or when you first get hit. Then the ability to create illusions would be pointless.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
'Someone simply says Mewtwo might have competition'

'receives a ton of backlash while not actually saying Mewtwo is unlikely'

And People call Ridley fans annoying >_>

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Actually if you read the thread, the person who brought up Zoroark is repeatedly patronising to the Mewtwo fans ("Sorry sweeties", etc) whilst the backlash they have received is just a set of explanations as to why the users of the thread do not believe Zoroark is competition. Sorry that we shattered his illusion (pun intended) but noone has been rude to the guy.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041

The reason this person got backlash was because they are stating false facts, quoting speculation as fact and coming across really rude. If you're rude to someone they are likely to be rude back. If they didn't seem so condescending personally I wouldn't have been so uptight when replying.

You can't say Mewtwo fans are annoying because they responded negatively to someone coming in and being condescending.

Sorry that we shattered his illusion (pun intended) but noone has been rude to the guy.
Great use of the pun. Throughly enjoyed.

To be fair I wasn't trying to polite but if someone went to any character thread and spoke like that they would get similar backlash. It's not just Mewtwo fans.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

Agreed with DJ3DS and SaucyDancer. Also, I dislike it when people bring Ridley fans into a debate unrelated to Ridley. In the same way, I would dislike it if people brought Mewtwo or his fans into an argument unrelated to him.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Can someone explain the whole "greninja's hand while charging the water attack in the trailer weren't webbed, so mewtwo is confirmed right?" Thing to me?

Mewtwo's hands look nothing like that.
They also look nothing like Greninja's.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
They also look nothing like Greninja's.
You're right. Greninja's hands look NOTHING like what is in the trailer. Im not saying this means Mewtwo because there is no proof of that but they were obviously altered for whatever reason.

For reference:

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It's possible that it was hard to animate webbing as shadow. It's also possible that they just plain forgot to add webbing. I think people are reading into it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom