• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
The one they're pointing out has a picture in page 91, post #3621 I think. But What looks more like Mewtwo is not the one on the left but the one in the middle, although it's more likely that the cloud was meant to resemble Charizard given the composition of the clouds, but *shrug* who knows. It's hard to see on my laptop but it's wayyy clear on my HD monitor.

As you can see, above Charizard, the dark cloud. Two horns and a face. Possibly.. lol.
Stahp. You're going to make Mewtwo a boss or pokeball if you keep bringing up cloud theories.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
The one they're pointing out has a picture in page 91, post #3621 I think. But What looks more like Mewtwo is not the one on the left but the one in the middle, although it's more likely that the cloud was meant to resemble Charizard given the composition of the clouds, but *shrug* who knows. It's hard to see on my laptop but it's wayyy clear on my HD monitor.

As you can see, above Charizard, the dark cloud. Two horns, an eye socket, an outline of a face and neck if you trace the horns and an eye socket. Possibly.. lol.
I can actually see this one now too... Which kind of makes me completely doubt that the clouds mean anything unless Sakurai was trolly enough to not only change Greninja's physical shape to make him seem like Mewtwo but also was willing to put in 2 different Mewtwos in clouds in the same shot.

Gune

Smash Lord
Oh no, not cloud theories again.

Huh? We're seeing things in the clouds, and we're the sane ones? What's being said in other places?
Well its either they have lost hope all together and started blaming other character's for his absence or they are acting like he never had a chance in the first place, and we all know both sides are full of bull.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Are there really people who doubt Mewtwo's chances of coming back just because he wasn't mentioned in Sal's leak?

I mean, seriously? I think we should all rest assured that Mewtwo's in the game. Game Freak wasn't advertising Mewtwo like mad in Generation VI for nothing.
That's one of the things that gives me hope. If Mewtwo wasn't important, why two mega evolutions? Obviously he's still a significant character, +1 reason why he should still be in Smash.

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
That's one of the things that gives me hope. If Mewtwo wasn't important, why two mega evolutions? Obviously he's still a significant character, +1 reason why he should still be in Smash.
It also starred in M16 as the anime's first Mega Evolution, Origins as Red's final adversary, and obtainable legendary in X / Y.

I also wonder if it would get a revamped moveset like Bowser, especially after seeing it in action in Origins.

If Bowser can now run without looking awkward, I wonder if Mewtwo's running animation (trying to avoid M-Zard X's Swift) would be implemented.

As for specials, I don't mind Melee Mewtwo's but would love an overhaul based on its most recent appearances. Based off Origin's I would like

Neutral B: Either Recover (used vs. Articuno) and acting similar to P:M Lucas's Offense Up, Ivysaur's Solarbeam (healing portion) or WFT's Neutral B though self-healing moves can be an issue and probably avoided. Maybe Psycho Cut or whatever move was used to counterattack Articuno as a quick projectile. Though... I am fine with Shadow Ball.

Side-B: Could be Psycho Cut as previously mentioned or Telekinesis, a quick push that moves players / objects away from Mewtwo and can be used as a reflector.

Up-B: Teleport, no reason to change it.

Down-B: Barrier, which I think could be based on Mewtwo's defending attack when Charizard went for a Slash and work similarly to Mr. G&W's Oil Panic, where the Barrier would change color based on the number of times hit and unleash a powerful counterattack when completely filled up.

Final Smash: Psystrike. Mewtwo Mega Evolves into Mega Mewtwo Y to amplify the power of its attack, probably based on M16 (which I haven't watched).

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I can't see Pokemon having less reps than it did in Brawl. If Mewtwo isn't playable, and Ivysaur and Squirtle are gone for good, then we're going to have five Pokemon characters (Jiggly's a lock) for this game. Mewtwo's addition would bring it up to the same number it had for Brawl, and considering that most of the represented material in SSB4 comes from Generation VI, I'm certain that he's in the game.

Mewtwo's most likely going to be counted as a veteran, not a newcomer. Charizard isn't considered to be a newcomer despite the fact that he was never a standalone character.
Well, to be fair, Mario lost a rep in the transition from Melee to Brawl.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I can get it ready but

I think i got a moveset list for mewtwo.

(Both with custimizable varations of them and if mewtwo has different moves like miis and palutena.)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
It also starred in M16 as the anime's first Mega Evolution, Origins as Red's final adversary, and obtainable legendary in X / Y.

I also wonder if it would get a revamped moveset like Bowser, especially after seeing it in action in Origins.

If Bowser can now run without looking awkward, I wonder if Mewtwo's running animation (trying to avoid M-Zard X's Swift) would be implemented.

As for specials, I don't mind Melee Mewtwo's but would love an overhaul based on its most recent appearances. Based off Origin's I would like

Neutral B: Either Recover (used vs. Articuno) and acting similar to P:M Lucas's Offense Up, Ivysaur's Solarbeam (healing portion) or WFT's Neutral B though self-healing moves can be an issue and probably avoided. Maybe Psycho Cut or whatever move was used to counterattack Articuno as a quick projectile. Though... I am fine with Shadow Ball.

Side-B: Could be Psycho Cut as previously mentioned or Telekinesis, a quick push that moves players / objects away from Mewtwo and can be used as a reflector.

Up-B: Teleport, no reason to change it.

Down-B: Barrier, which I think could be based on Mewtwo's defending attack when Charizard went for a Slash and work similarly to Mr. G&W's Oil Panic, where the Barrier would change color based on the number of times hit and unleash a powerful counterattack when completely filled up.

Final Smash: Psystrike. Mewtwo Mega Evolves into Mega Mewtwo Y to amplify the power of its attack, probably based on M16 (which I haven't watched).
Oh yeah, I've definitely seen that. Although I think I prefer the more sentient movie Mewtwo over the more feral Origins/Red/Blue Mewtwo. As for the running, they already perfected Lucario's running animation, it's close enough to how Mewtwos would be. He looks cooler floating though. I personally like the Project M Mewtwo enhancements, like the hover and attacking out of teleport. I just hope they don't give Mewtwo Swift because.. that's pretty lame.

My choices would depend on whether or not they'll keep Mewtwo floaty (or light) but some of my choices would be: (Might be overpowered but we're just speculating anyway!)

Neutral B: Psychic, Psycho Cut or Psystrike - A wave of psychic energy that does a sweeping animation, possible knock back, especially when charged. Possible multi-directional effect and/or minor hypnotizing effect when fully charged.

Side B: Future Sight - A slow-moving but homing psychic bubble projectile that can envelop an opponent. Hit once, the opponent suffers from DoT, hit twice the user explodes. Or it could have a timer bomb type effect where it does DoT for awhile but after about a minute or so, it starts flashing which indicates that it's about to explode, can be avoided by shielding maybe? I just like the timer idea.

Up B: Teleport - Can be linked like Pikachu's. First teleport, you can attack right out of it and a slight hover to the left/right and down/up. Linked/Used twice, you're immobilized until you reach the ground.

Down B: Barrier or Safeguard - First few seconds, almost impenetrable then it gets weaker and weaker. Can absorb energy attacks and convert it as +health.

Alternate Down B: Move Barrier to Side B and use Down B for Mega Evolution that you can cycle through like Pokemon Trainer. Mewtwo X would be a brawler - heavy and strong but very slow, and Mewtwo Y would be ranged/projectile - fast but light and easily KO'd.

Final Smash: Shadow Ball - A more destructive version of Shadow Ball where Mewtwo levitates and powers up, dark electricity and energy swirling around him. You use the directional pads to aim where you want and the enemies get barraged with a bunch of Shadow Balls with random electric discharges coming out of Mewtwo that can also be fatal.

Special Effect: Mega Evolution - If Mewtwo reaches a certain % of damage and has fought enough (measured by a gauge like Little Mac's) he can transform into Mega Mewtwo X/Y.

Last edited:

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I still think that Mewtwo is in and he'll be an unlockable character.

D

Deleted member

Hello. For those of you who do not know me, I am "BluePsychic." I am not a Mewtwo player, but I know you people are. I would like to speak to you for a few minutes about a plague that is destroying our community.

I'm sure you have all heard of the Gematsu Leak. It is a leak that may actually be legitimate, that mentions 11 "newcomers" that will appear in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS as playable characters. However, Mewtwo is not mentioned on this leak. This is because he is a veteran character. As we all know, Mewtwo was playable in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but he was cut from Super Smash Bros. Brawl for unknown reasons. This leak should not pose a problem to the Mewtwo community.

Or so you may think.

There are some fans who believe that because Mewtwo is not mentioned on this leak, he will not appear as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. However, as we all know, Mewtwo is not a "newcomer." He is a "veteran" character that has appeared in a previous game in the series. That is why I am starting Project Mewtwo Is Not A Newcomer.

Project MINAN

Project MINAN aims to silence these people who think Mewtwo is deconfirmed due to the leak forever. Why? Mewtwo Is Not A Newcomer. He is not deconfirmed. Mewtwo still has a shot at appearing as a playable character in the upcoming game. Together, we must remind everyone that Mewtwo was a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and remind everybody that the leak does not mention veterans, except for one possible cut. This cut is not Mewtwo. We must remind these poor, misinformed souls that Mewtwo could still be a playable character. Together, we will save the Mewtwo community!

Remember everyone;
:mewtwomelee: Mewtwo Is Not A Newcomer :mewtwomelee:
- Project MINAN

I'm sorry, I just get really annoyed when someone calls Mewtwo a newcomer, and I know it's spelled "Minun," but if you say MINAN, it sounds like Minun. Convenient.

DISCLAIMER: This is a joke. Do not take seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
There are some fans who believe that because Mewtwo is not mentioned on this leak, he will not appear as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. However, as we all know, Mewtwo is not a "newcomer." He is a "veteran" character that has appeared in a previous game in the series. That is why I am starting Project Mewtwo Is Not A Newcomer.​
Wait... Where on the leak does it say that is all the newcomers? I know Mewtwo is a veteran but... The leak didn't mention Rosalina. So obviously it never did have every newcomer.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait... Where on the leak does it say that is all the newcomers? I know Mewtwo is a veteran but... The leak didn't mention Rosalina. So obviously it never did have every newcomer.
I doesn't say that in my post, or the leak. Some people think that the newcomer roster will be Gematsu + Rosalina, but others are hopeful there will be more. As for me, I personally think that if Rosalina wasn't revealed before the Smash Direct, she'd be a part of leak #2.

Only veterans mentioned in the leak are Ness and Lucas.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
The thing I'm confused by is if the characters were decided on 2 years ago, why did Sakurai say he's considering Mewtwo for SSB4 last year? Did we already go over this in this thread?

And on another note, I'm not sure if it's really Sakurai that's posting on the Miiverse, but I try to post a few (3-4) quick sketches of Mewtwo on his posts just in case it is him and he is reading the comments, it seems to get other people posting about Mewtwo as well. Just to remind him that the demand is there. I wonder what Nintendo's response would be if %80-%90 of the Miiverse comments were "bring Mewtwo back!" - not a likely scenario but that would be awesome. Wishful thinking.

D

Deleted member

Should I just add a massive "THIS IS A JOKE" disclaimer at the top of the post? I thought it was obvious.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Just by having this project, you're blowing this out of proportion. Reacting like this will only make things seem worse than they really are.

May we see a few of your sketches?
It's nothing worth posting, trust me, lol. Just a few 5 mns sketches on my 3DS (which is like drawing on MS Paint). Enough to get people's attention on the comment section but nothing pretty to look at. It's under Sakurai's latest post though if you're willing to hit the "older comments" a few times, I posted 4 I believe. I'm k▼llisti. (Oh it's here if you wanna click all the way back to 15 hrs ago, like I said, nothing special.)

I wonder if the Miiverse community is vocal about requesting Mewtwo. I should probably go sketch something later.
Some people are. It's limited to about 1000 comments per post but most of it is just complaining and trolling so who even knows if Sakurai is paying attention lol. I do hope some Nintendo devs see it though, if not Sakurai. Not my sketches, but the demand. Not that I think it would persuade Sakurai if Mewtwo isn't in the game already but hey, worth a try.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
We should start spamming "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give MEWTWO."

It worked for Valve.
Oh? I wasn't aware of the Valve situation, but yes, that's what I'm trying to do, a single-handed effort so far but every few comments I do see "Mewtwo!" so there could be a small chance it'll get some attention, especially if it's under each of his post. And I do the sketches so it wouldn't seem too much like spam/troll. No words, just a picture of Mewtwo and a Smash Ball.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
No offense to you and your miiverse effort,but the roster was decided 1-2 years ago and the game is almost finished(releases 9/13,but shipping time and all that along with making cartridges...It'll probably be done in August or July.Idk how long it takes for packaging and stuff).I guess this could help for dlc,but we don't even know if the game will have dlc so...I don't know I hope he's already in.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It's nothing worth posting, trust me, lol. Just a few 5 mns sketches on my 3DS (which is like drawing on MS Paint). Enough to get people's attention on the comment section but nothing pretty to look at. It's under Sakurai's latest post though if you're willing to hit the "older comments" a few times, I posted 4 I believe. I'm k▼llisti. (Oh it's here if you wanna click all the way back to 15 hrs ago, like I said, nothing special.)
So it's this one?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Orvo, your stuff is actually pretty good. No need to be so humble.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Going off on another tangent real quick, that new 3DS Pokemon Art Academy game's out in Japan. Do I even need to say who appears as one of the final bosses, and in the final lessons of the game?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Going off on another tangent real quick, that new 3DS Pokemon Art Academy game's out in Japan. Do I even need to say who appears as one of the final bosses, and in the final lessons of the game?

And look who appears alongside him. XD

My goodness there is absolutely no reason to leave Mewtwo out of this game.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

You have got to be kidding.

They're actually putting those three together like that?

Seriously, Mewtwo needs to be in Smash.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm starting to think that Mewtwo is more likely than Jigglypuff at this point, actually.

I know it's Tabuu (lol) to think that ANYONE can get in over an O12 member but I think Mewtwo would be higher priority than the easy-to-make Jigglypuff due to his popularity and the fact that he needs his own model.

I think they will both make it, though.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I knew it. I mean, we all knew it.

I can't believe that there are still people who doubt Mewtwo's chances at this very moment. He's in the game.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I knew it. I mean, we all knew it.

I can't believe that there are still people who doubt Mewtwo's chances at this very moment. He's in the game.
I doubt Mewtwo mostly because I want him too much, and as a result I'm pessimistic about him. To me, Mewtwo being playable in this game is something that's almost too good to be true.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Calling it now. The second Sakurai reveals Mewtwo, Miiverse and SmashBoards will crash. For days.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Calling it now. The second Sakurai reveals Mewtwo, Miiverse and SmashBoards will crash. For days.
EDIT: I'm dumb
Point I was trying to make was that all of the everything would break in such an occurrence, but the way I worded the whole thing was dumb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom