• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I cant see Puff being left out...
but i definitely dont wanna see Mew2 not make it in either
but will Pokemon really get 5 or even 6 slots?
can anyone really believe that?

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
What do you guys think Mewtwo's Final Smash be?

I feel like we're going to get a lot of Transformation Final Smashes, so far we have Giga Bowser, Giga Mac, Mega Lucario, and Mega Charizard X and most likely getting Wario-Man so having another Mega Evolution F.S. would be pretty dull. In addition both Mega Mewtwos are drastically different from Mewtwo's original figure so there's that to consider.

Or maybe have Mewtwo temporarily transform into its Mega Y Evolution and unleash a powerful attack, then reverting back to regular form...

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908

I feel like we're going to get a lot of Transformation Final Smashes, so far we have Giga Bowser, Giga Mac, Mega Lucario, and Mega Charizard X and most likely getting Wario-Man so having another Mega Evolution F.S. would be pretty dull. In addition both Mega Mewtwos are drastically different from Mewtwo's original figure so there's that to consider.

Or maybe have Mewtwo temporarily transform into its Mega Y Evolution and unleash a powerful attack, then reverting back to regular form...
I like the idea of a quick transformation, attack, revert back. Aside from that, I think it'd be cool if he just did like a vicious volley of Shadow Balls and finished it off with Psystrike or something. The Shadow Balls could have a vacuuming effect like Mega Man's initial shot.

Imagine it like Tabuu's attack where he slices multiple times in front of him then sets off an explosion. Except it's Mewtwo shooting Shadow Balls instead of slicing.

Edit: Didn't wanna double post, but I had another idea! It wouldn't be super original, but he could just summon and use three or four of the Master Balls, unleashing a few legendary Pokemon onto the playing field.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Actually, what if it has a final smash similar to Greninja, Falcon, Kirby, Link, Toon Link etc. where Mewtwo holds enemies in place that are caught in front of it, mega evolves and uses psystrike? I dunno, maybe it could have something more unique than that but that's the best I could think of that's not just a flat-out transformation final smash.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
What if Mewtwo's Final Smash is a cutscene type where it temporarily transforms into Mega Mewtwo X and beats foes up physically, then transforms into Mega Mewtwo Y to unleash Psystrike? It wouldn't really be loyal to the Pokemon games, but Smash Bros takes liberties sometimes.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Few questions for you all.

Since people are assuming Snake is cut and how his moves are being integrated into other characters (e.g. Sheik's new Side-B), how you feel if Mewtwo inherited some of Lucas's moves (assuming Lucas is cut)? Mainly coming from the idea that Lucas's F-Tilt would be fitting for Mewtwo just reskinned with darkness and probably dubbed "Psycho Cut".

Secondly, do you think Mewtwo would be revealed in a Pic of the Day (like Ike and Sonic), in a special trailer or another Smash Bros. Direct, or secret post-release character (a la Jigglypuff, Toon Link, & Wolf)?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Since people are assuming Snake is cut and how his moves are being integrated into other characters (e.g. Sheik's new Side-B), how you feel if Mewtwo inherited some of Lucas's moves (assuming Lucas is cut)? Mainly coming from the idea that Lucas's F-Tilt would be fitting for Mewtwo just reskinned with darkness and probably dubbed "Psycho Cut".

Secondly, do you think Mewtwo would be revealed in a Pic of the Day (like Ike and Sonic), in a special trailer or another Smash Bros. Direct, or secret post-release character (a la Jigglypuff, Toon Link, & Wolf)?
Eh, honestly I think I'd just prefer a reworked version of Mewtwo's melee moveset to make him (it?) more useful. Maybe make him a bit faster, too. If he were to be announced, he'd probably have a trailer since he's one of the most requested characters: announcing him in a PotD would be very anticlimactic. Otherwise I think he'd be secret, like in Melee.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think that he either...
A. Gets a trailer in a Nintendo Direct, or...
B. Is a secret character.

I can't see a character like Mewtwo getting the POTD treatment but it's not impossible.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I think that he either...
A. Gets a trailer in a Nintendo Direct, or...
B. Is a secret character.

I can't see a character like Mewtwo getting the POTD treatment but it's not impossible.
Well, I suppose he could be shown in a PotD after release if he happens to be a secret character. After that point he'll be known about anyway.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I highly doubt they would announce the return of Mewtwo like any other veteran. The fact that he was cut makes him more closer to the status of a newcomer than a veteran, I think. So I'm thinking he'd either get revealed prior to release in a special trailer, or remain a secret character.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well, I suppose he could be shown in a PotD after release if he happens to be a secret character. After that point he'll be known about anyway.
He'll be known about when the game releases in Japan in September.

I'll be surprised if the roster goes unleaked for two months more.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
I'd like a cool trailer for Mewtwo but I don't think that will happen (except if he got included inside another newcomer's trailer like Charizard did... A bad guys trailer + Newcomer?). I don't really care too much about how Sakurai could reveal him. I just want the reveal!

BTW, between the Nintendo Direct and E3 (about 2 months) we only got Ike revealed... How much we have to wait until we got the next character? Maybe a month? :S

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
We could get Mewtwo in a similar fashion to Yoshi.
I expect another Smash Direct sometime in the next few months, so an in-depth veteran reveal makes sense.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I'd like a cool trailer for Mewtwo but I don't think that will happen (except if he got included inside another newcomer's trailer like Charizard did... A bad guys trailer + Newcomer?). I don't really care too much about how Sakurai could reveal him. I just want the reveal!

BTW, between the Nintendo Direct and E3 (about 2 months) we only got Ike revealed... How much we have to wait until we got the next character? Maybe a month? :S
I feel like unless K Rool and Ridley were the newcomers in the villains trailer you suggested, the newcomer would get overshadowed by Mewtwo's return completely.
not that that's a bad thing

Last edited:

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908

I actually really like that idea. Particularly because I am very fond of Lucas's up-smash, and I think it could work very well on Mewtwo. Just replace the PK electric effects with Mewtwo's dark/shadow/psychic energy stuff, give it a little less knockback and less startup/ending lag and tada! Great new up-smash for Mewtwo.

Also, I think Mewtwo would either get his own trailer or be revealed at the very end of a Direct. I'm sure that by now, Nintendo and Sakurai HAVE to know how much the fans want Mewtwo, and it would be sooo easy to put him in. Leaving him as a secret character wouldn't generate nearly as much hype. Even if it's found out after the game's release that Mewtwo is in it, it wouldn't get people, or me at least, nearly as pumped as a reveal trailer/in-depth look would. I was on the edge of my seat with excitement the whole time for Greninja's reveal, and I wasn't even that excited about him.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul

Hmm...

I looked at this for a little while, and I don't know I'm too much of a crazy fangirl, but do the top left clouds look kinda like

to anybody else?

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Hmm...

I looked at this for a little while, and I don't know I'm too much of a crazy fangirl, but does the top left clouds look kinda like

to anybody else?
I wouldn't trust cloud speculation, remember when somebody at GameXplain claimed Pac-Man could be in because of a cloud? And look how that turned out.
Wait, Pac-Man IS in? Well count me in, I like Mewtwo. If this is the case, then...

"Remember the video that introduced Greninja joining the battle? Every Pokemon that appeared in that video will make some kind of appearance in Super Smash Bros!" So not only is it a very suspicious cloud, but it's possibly linked to this POTD?
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
It really doesn't look like Mewtwo to me. It's a skull.
The skull you see obscures the head. I saw that too, but looked behind it. To me it looks like his eye just slightly to the bottom left of the jaw of the skull.

Idk, it just stood out to me.

Sakurai is a troll, I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer itself was full of easter eggs hidden in the clouds and the rocks.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
The skull you see obscures the head. I saw that too, but looked behind it. To me it looks like his eye just slightly to the bottom left of the jaw of the skull.

Idk, it just stood out to me.

Sakurai is a troll, I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer itself was full of easter eggs hidden in the clouds and the rocks.
Have I missed something? .-.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Guys, please, you can make clouds look like practically anything, it's like looking at a grained wall, you can make out anything from a couple of vague shapes. Take it from a Ridley fan, looking at clouds leads to nothing.

Also, Jigglypuff is amazing.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Maybe this will make it a bit clearer :)

Unintentionally paused on this too

A face appears for a split second in the smoke from Charizard after he stomp's his foot at 0.23. Almost looks like an eye up above that as well. Two eyes, nose and a mustache.
Huh... I actually saw something a little different (I thought the head pointed the other way) but this works too.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I wouldn't trust cloud speculation, remember when somebody at GameXplain claimed Pac-Man could be in because of a cloud? And look how that turned out.
Wait, Pac-Man IS in? Well count me in, I like Mewtwo. If this is the case, then...

"Remember the video that introduced Greninja joining the battle? Every Pokemon that appeared in that video will make some kind of appearance in Super Smash Bros!" So not only is it a very suspicious cloud, but it's possibly linked to this POTD?
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
'Here's one of the pokemon that didn't make an appearance..'

One of.

More pokemon to come our way! Hopefully Mewtwo is one of them.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The cloud thing is a stretch. Remember SSE and "RIDLEY IS IN THE CLOUD! RIDLEY CONFIRMED!!!!" deal back in Brawl?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Remember that there'll also be some enemy Pokémon in Smash Run. Only Pokémon confirmed so far to be an enemy is Chandelure. I doubt it'll be the only Pokémon enemy.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Remember that there'll also be some enemy Pokémon in Smash Run. Only Pokémon confirmed so far to be an enemy is Chandelure. I doubt it'll be the only Pokémon enemy.
Watching the demo videos, I've seen Gastly, Koffing, and Petilil.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Watching the demo videos, I've seen Gastly, Koffing, and Petilil.
Ah, those fit well as enemies. Will we also be facing their evolutions you think?

Also, check the Greninja boards. It has been said that Sakurai created Greninja's moveset in just one night. How well does this bode for Mewtwo?

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Great I guess if he has the ability to create pokemon movesets in one night.Also since the roster was decided years ago(at least a couple months before X and Y which was when M16 came which was when Mewtwo Y was just called his "awakened form".The time frame works so perfectly for Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom