• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/items/pokemon/new

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/items/pokemon/return

Genesect as a new pokeball pokemon, and Mew as a returning pokeball pokemon.

I think we all know what this means...!

The would NOT have Genesect and Mew in this game and not include Mewtwo, because that would make **** all sense.

Don't give up hope yet guys!
Well, we did have Mew as a Pokeball in Brawl without Mewtwo.

But having Genesect as well now, it would be rather fitting to have Mewtwo be playable.

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
I have faith that Mewtwo will return. I believe that Sakurai is purposefully trolling/teasing us to make us believe Mewtwo isn't coming, so when Mewtwo is revealed it will generate that much more hype. Mewtwo pretty much fits everything Sakurai is looking for. One of two Pkmn that have two mega forms, still one of the most popular Pokemon and was even used in the previous movie. The fact that Sakurai said "we're thinking about it" further convinces me that he's trolling us. Sakurai showed during the ZSS reveal that he does have a great sense of humor. Whether Mewtwo is put in quietly as a secret character or if he's revealed, I strongly believe Mewtwo will return. Maybe I'm just optimistic. We'll see.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Genesect and Mew as Pokeball means that Mewtwo is playable?

Talk about strawgrasping, We didn't get any of the Melee cuts as anything except Trophy and Sticker in Brawl.

Mew has been a pokeball pokemon since the begining and Genesect made too much sense to be either a Pokeball Pokemon.

Now that I think about it, every pokemon who has gotten a movie has a role in Smash Bros.

Mew pokeball
Mewtwo playable
Lugia Pokeball
Moltres Pokeball
Zapdos Pokeball
Articuno Pokeball
Entei Pokeball
Suicune Pokeball
Raikou Pokeball
Celebi Pokeball
Eon twins Pokeball
Groudon Pokeball
Jirachi Pokeball
Deoxys Pokeball
Rayquaza Boss
Lucario Playable
Kyogre Pokeball
Manaphy Pokeball
Palkia Stage Hazard
Dialga stage hazard
Darkrai Pokeball
Giratina is there, I think he is a boss and was what Sakurai was alluding to when he said "some kind of role"
Arceus is a pokeball
Zoroark is a Pokeball
Victini is a pokeball
Zekrom & Reshiram haven't been seen yet but its safe to assume they will have something considering they are version mascots of gen 5, I'm thinking maybe Ns Castle stage hazards akin to Spear Pillar and Gerudo Valley
Keldeo is a pokeball
Kyurem is a pokeball
Now genesect is a pokeball

Only legendaries to have a role in Movies not to be in are the reggies, Heatran, Shaymin & the swordman and only Shaymin and the swordsmen have major roles and we have Keldeo doing what swordsmen could do.

And Genesect being the last Unova pokemon helps to, just like Arceus, Deoxys, Celebi and Mew.

Last edited:

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
During the reveal with Charizard and Greninja at the beginning when we see all those pkmn (some legends, some weren't) Mewtwo wasn't with them. That's a good sign. Worst case scenario, he comes out a master ball item...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Something about a smash announcement at 7pm pst

But likely fake now due to E3 ending.
No, ZeRo has an announcement. But it probably has nothing to do with Smash Bros.

Oh, hey, Mewtwo topic. Not going to read the whole thing but I think Mewtwo is in. If they're considering dropping Ness, Jiggly could easily be put on lower priority than Mewtwo at this point as Mewtwo is far more popular.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No, ZeRo has an announcement. But it probably has nothing to do with Smash Bros.

Oh, hey, Mewtwo topic. Not going to read the whole thing but I think Mewtwo is in. If they're considering dropping Ness, Jiggly could easily be put on lower priority than Mewtwo at this point as Mewtwo is far more popular.
If it does i can't wait

But yea i would not be suprised either

Well atleast another pokemon that could take mewtwos place is gone genesect is toast.

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
If it does i can't wait

But yea i would not be suprised either

Well atleast another pokemon that could take mewtwos place is gone genesect is toast.
It seems a lot of Mewtwo's major competition has been disconfirmed.

Both Genesect and Zoroark have been delegated to Poke Ball status and I doubt Sceptile would have been considered at the time the roster was determined and finalized .

Really only thing to worry about is that Sakurai chose to go with five Pokemon reps with Jigglypuff closing it out. But thematically, six reps would be perfect to represent a full party.

Also, why have people been particularly hostile towards anyone who has Mewtwo in their roster predictions, though I'm basing this claim off of /v/...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It seems a lot of Mewtwo's major competition has been disconfirmed.

Both Genesect and Zoroark have been delegated to Poke Ball status and I doubt Sceptile would have been considered at the time the roster was determined and finalized .

Really only thing to worry about is that Sakurai chose to go with five Pokemon reps with Jigglypuff closing it out. But thematically, six reps would be perfect to represent a full party.

Also, why have people been particularly hostile towards anyone who has Mewtwo in their roster predictions, though I'm basing this claim off of /v/...
I don't know. Frankly, I think we can easily have both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, but that said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mewtwo is given higher priority.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I don't know. Frankly, I think we can easily have both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, but that said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mewtwo is given higher priority.
I don't know man, out of all the possible candidates and their relevancy in Gen. VI, Jigglypuff definitely got the shorter end of the stick (only getting retconned to Fairy) whereas Lucario, Charizard, & Mewtwo got one or two Megas each and Greninja skyrocketed as the #1 Kalos starter.

Though, people will still argue that Jigglypuff has seniority on the grounds of the "original 12" argument. Furthermore, tweaking Mewtwo would a big endeavor as its moveset would have to be completely re-done from scratch, especially if Mega Mewtwo Y is its final smash and the development team already has their hands full with newcomers and veterans alike (ex. Bowser).

I'm still trying to keep my head up high for Mewtwo but its rather difficult with all the anti-Mewtwo Smashers that have been coming up recently; I honestly don't understand the malice towards it, Mewtwo's fanbase isn't as obnoxious as Ridley's but is six Pokemon reps. really going to kill everyone?

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
I think at this stage it's likely he'll be unlockable and therefore they'll keep his inclusion a secret or spoiler. Hell they've already sold the game to us by now so there's no real need to give him a reveal trailer or whatever. And honestly I'd be happy to end up playing the game one day and unlocking him, think of the surprise that would be.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I already saw Genesect in the Charizard reveal trailer.. But whoa, I never made the connection!

MEWTWO!!!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He was one of many who came out of the Pokeballs...

Didn't anyone see that?

D

Deleted member

Has Zapdos/Articuno/Raikou/Suicune
been confirmed as poke balls yet?
I would assume that since both Moltres and Entei are present, their elemental "siblings" will be in as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staarih

Smash Master
I think Suicune, at least, was seen in the Greninja-trailer. I might have to check that again though.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
If mewtwo doesn't make it, I'd love to see a DLC pack with him, Ivysaur, and squirtle together. That way, people don have to get mad that there's 'too many pokemon' because people who want them in will pay for the DLC

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
If character DLC exists, it's pretty much a safety net for Mewtwo.
Agreed. We'll see what happens. Nintendo for the most part has been against DLC for years, but lately they've opened up to it more. I know Sonic Lost World has some optional DLC stuff and I think Mario Kart 8 has some too. I can see Smash getting DLC. It really would solve all our problems on who is and isn't in the game.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Didn't that Mario Golf game get dlc the first day?Do Namco fighters usally have dlc?If the answers to these are yes along with Fire Emblem:Awakening,MK8 and Sonic getting dlc I feel dlc is pretty much confirmed.Therefore Mewtwo should at least be the first dlc if he's not already in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom