• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I am SURE Mewtwo is secret they can't not add Mewtwo...I refuse to believe it!

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Well, my friends, I think this might be it.

The Sal leak was right all along. Worst roster in the history of mankind confirmed.

No Mewtwo, no Ridley, no Ness, no Captain Falcon... but we get ****ing Miis and Chorus Men.

Idk about this game you guys...

Mario Kart 8 roster.

Your move.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, my friends, I think this might be it.

The Sal leak was right all along. Worst roster in the history of mankind confirmed.

No Mewtwo, no Ridley, no Ness, no Captain Falcon... but we get ****ing Miis and Chorus Men.

Idk about this game you guys...
When did the Sal leak mention character exclusions?
I thought it just mentioned newcomers

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
When did the Sal leak mention character exclusions?
I thought it just mentioned newcomers
I suppose you're right.

Still... I just can't shake the feeling that he's not playable. I think if they were going to reveal Mewtwo as a playable character at all, this would've been the night to do it... Maybe I'm wrong about that (and believe me, I would dearly love to be), but I have this really horrible feeling that I'm not...

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So Sakurai had decided on the roster since the beginning.
When he said he was considering Mewtwo was he giving a hint that by considering, he actually means he's already in? Or was Sakurai just ***** slapping all the fans?

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
So Sakurai had decided on the roster since the beginning.
When he said he was considering Mewtwo was he giving a hint that by considering, he actually means he's already in? Or was Sakurai just ***** slapping all the fans?
You know, that's what I've been wondering, considering they said that Greninja was decided long before X and Y. Perhaps the same applied for Mewtwo, so maybe he is already in it, but will most likely be unlockable if not revealed towards the end of E3 or over the remaining months.

There is no reason for Sakurai not to include him at this point. If he's not in it I'll be pretty damn sad.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Sakurai deciding the Roster early means that If Mewtwo was chosen along with Greninja (GF had a say on which pokemon gets in) then it won't be the movie 16 version with the female voice since it was not even made when the roster was finalized.

That dosnt mean it wont have the Y mega since that was the first mega introduced and its design definitly had a lot of concept behind it if Greninja did too. Sakurai cleary recognized that form when he made those remarks at last years E3, if he never saw MMY before he never would have commented.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why is it that we, Mewtwo fans, are teased so much and can never be certain of what will happen with our character?

Please don't bring up Ridley in here, cause that boat has sailed a LONG time ago and was never likely the first place. Mewtwo is the character I think is actually being teased by Sakurai.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Why is it that we, Mewtwo fans, are teased so much and can never be certain of what will happen with our character?

Please don't bring up Ridley in here, cause that boat has sailed a LONG time ago and was never likely the first place. Mewtwo is the character I think is actually being teased by Sakurai.
Ridley and Mewtwo are being teased. All Sakurai has to say is confirmed or deconfirmed and have everyone happy. But I think they both might be secret unlockables to make everyone go buy the game

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Regardless of how one sees/saw Ridley's likelihood, doesn't change that he has been teased as well, not that he and Mewtwo should be lumped together by this point or anything.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is such a troll. Saying "We are thinking about it" When the roster is well finalized.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Things aren't looking good for Mewtwo now. If some of the speculation is to be believed, our character select screen fits 47+random space.
What suggests that we're only getting 47 characters?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
What suggests that we're only getting 47 characters?
Sorry, was in a hurry when I typed that.

Basically, the dimensions and the size of the boxes on the character selection screen add to 47+random if they're aligned in the same way they are now. Granted, it could be like Brawl, where they get smaller when more characters are added, but it's yet another troubling development.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

Basically, the dimensions and the size of the boxes on the character selection screen add to 47+random if they're aligned in the same way they are now. Granted, it could be like Brawl, where they get smaller when more characters are added, but it's yet another troubling development.
How exactly is something like shrinking the slots the more they are so complicated?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Yeah... I'll admit, I'm not as confident in Mewtwo's chances as most people are.

This isn't much of a cause for concern, though.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm not confident either. In fact, I'm 20/80 at this point. This game's roster is looking worse every new event.
Though, out of curiosity, how are you reaching the conclusion about 47 characters? Unless you're looking at a different roster, the incomplete roster I see being used for demo stuff would have to have its boxes shrunk down in order to fit even one more character. So, is there another roster I don't know about?

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai is such a troll. Saying "We are thinking about it" When the roster is well finalized.
I do not understand that either; I am not sure if that is logic in his favor or if it opposes the notion that he is all but confirmed. However, I will not lie. Mewtwo was one character that I became less interested in as I presumed him to be in the roster by default. I am not sure that I feel the same way. I am actually more confident in Ridley's chances oddly enough. That is antithetical to what I thought prior to the Direct.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Though, out of curiosity, how are you reaching the conclusion about 47 characters? Unless you're looking at a different roster, the incomplete roster I see being used for demo stuff would have to have its boxes shrunk down in order to fit even one more character. So, is there another roster I don't know about?
To be honest, they're not my words. Just saying what I've heard. Probably not a good idea.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I do not understand that either; I am not sure if that is logic in his favor or if it opposes the notion that he is all but confirmed. However, I will not lie. Mewtwo was one character that I became less interested in as I presumed him to be in the roster by default. I am not sure that I feel the same way. I am actually more confident in Ridley's chances oddly enough. That is antithetical to what I thought prior to the Direct.
Precisely, I like to believe that I am 100% confident in Ridley's chance; however, when I come to this thread, I realize that is not true. There is a seed of doubt pertaining to Ridley, I cannot assert the same about Mewtwo. I am even bored with the sentiment of Mewtwo as the excitement of his inclusion has already worn off.
So, since we can definitely confirm that you've changed your stance on the matter now, what are your thoughts about Mewtwo's chances? Do you believe them to be significantly lower now, and if so, what did E3 do specifically that made you lose confidence?

Morbi

Scavenger
So, since we can definitely confirm that you've changed your stance on the matter now, what are your thoughts about Mewtwo's chances? Do you believe them to be significantly lower now, and if so, what did E3 do specifically that made you lose confidence?
I feel as though you found the quote that accurately summarizes my feelings on the matter pertaining to our discussion. There is a seed of doubt currently, this is the first time that I can actually assert anything to that effect as I was; once again, one hundred percent confident in Mewtwo. However, I do not believe his chances to be significantly lower. At the very least, I can get excited about him once more!

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Well! Thanks to magical powers of Photoshop, I think I found out the roster size! ... Maybe.

So! Here's the roster of the demo:

It has a total of 20 characters + a random slot. Pretty solid for a demo.

Now, lets add some slots to make that a perfect rectangle.

This gives us a whooping 23 slots. There's still some space to the sides, though. Lets cover them!

... Could only add 3 more. So here's a 27 big roster. Seeing that we have 34 characters revealed, there's clearly something wrong here. Let's do the same as Brawl and shrink those slots!

Now we're at 48 slots... huh. It seems whoever did that estimation was somewhat right. But, assuming the Brawl crew comes back with the lowest amount of cuts possible (two, Ivysaur and Squirtle) at 37, plus the 9 newcomers shown, there'd be only a single space left in the roster (Mewtwo?)... which, unless it means there have been a boatload of cuts, means that the roster is pretty much underwhelming. So many popular characters are being left out.

However, let's get a little crazy here. So, we had 64's roster, which had 2 rows; then Melee, with 3; and then Brawl, with 4. Let's say this game does add one extra row to it's roster. That'd bring the roster size to...

... an outstanding 60 slots! That is quite a large amount of smashers, would't you say? Though, 59 is a bit of a weird number. Plus, this roster isn't as wide as the demo roster. Let's expand it a little bit more one more time.

Here's the best possible roster. 65 slots - 64 players and a random slot! Not only would this size be the ultimate fanservice Sakurai could deliver, but the amount of characters is 64; a perfect throwback to the original game!

Now, I don't mean to hype you up, nor do I want to dissapoint you; I just did this for fun. Though it gives me a really cool idea of what the roster would be like.

Brainstorming here.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Now, I don't mean to hype you up, nor do I want to dissapoint you; I just did this for fun. Though it gives me a really cool idea of what the roster would be like.

Brainstorming here.
That was great!Nice Photoshopping!Also too late I'm hyped for 64 characters!

Also does anyone else feel like this will be the final smash?I mean Megaman and Pac-Man and Mewtwo(I hope) at once...Huge E3,Sakurai's arm and hand problems.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Things aren't looking good for Mewtwo now. If some of the speculation is to be believed, our character select screen fits 47+random space.
We might not even have a random space anymore though...

Can I see the pic for this?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Sorry to tell you this, but this roster demo doesn't bode well for Mewtwo.

With no ? in sight, this roster will probably just fill itself out like Brawl and as such, we can work out how characters and series will most likely be sorted.

This goes by 4 rows.
I won't go into to much detail but basically we can work out that Fox will begin the first row and Pikachu end it (Greninja being on Pikachus left demonstrates this).

Also, Marth is next to the Pokemon, which means all the Rpg characters will placed together, JUST like Brawl.

What does this mean? simple

If the roster is 4 x 12, the most likely scenario is
Fox, Falco, Marth, Ike, Chrom, Shulk, Ness, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Lucario, Charizard, Pikachu

If its 4 x 13, the most likely scenario is the above with Wolf.

Sorry, But Mewtwo isn't likely with this roster, especially when Brawls Demo stayed coherent with the final roster. No matter how many characters are visible, they always appear in the same order in the roster.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It won't have to be that order exactly. Brawl's roster layout also changes drastically the more characters you unlock. If you can fit Ridley your roster, you can fit Mewtwo in there. As I really, really don't think there's any chance that Ridley will make it before Mewtwo.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Actually, no matter how many characters you had in Brawl, it would always be the same order, even in the demo.

Why do you think Sonic was before Bowser in it? It was because he was on the third row while bowser was on the forth.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There's quite a bit of difference in layout between this:

And this:

I still see Mewtwo making it.

THEY WHERE ****ING 'thinking about it' AFTER ALL! :glare:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Bottom Roster

Mario > Dk > Link > Samus > Kirby > Fox > Pikachu > Diddy > Zelda > Pit > Meta Knight > Pkmn Trainer > Ike > Peach > Yoshi > Ice Climbers > Dedede > Bowser > Wario > Olimar > Lucas

Top Row, Characters absent above are bolded.

Mario > Dk > Link > Samus > Kirby > Fox > Pikachu > Marth > Mr Game & Watch > Luigi > Diddy > Zelda > Pit > Meta Knight > Falco > Pkmn Trainer > Ike > Snake > Peach > Yoshi > Ganondorf > Ice Climbers > Dedede > Wolf > Lucario > Ness > Sonic > Bowser > Wario > Toon Link > R.O.B. > Olimar > Capt. Falcon > Ness > Lucas

Now remove the bold characters and what do you get?

Mario > Dk > Link > Samus > Kirby > Fox > Pikachu > Diddy > Zelda > Pit > Meta Knight > Pkmn Trainer > Ike > Peach > Yoshi > Ice Climbers > Dedede > Bowser > Wario > Olimar > Lucas

Now do you see what I'm saying?

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
A 47 roster isnt worth a 300$ system and a Octobe/Winter release. They allready effed up the MK8 roster the hell they not mess this one up too.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom