• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
Guys I want Mewtwo in as much as the next person, but the whole cloud thing is grasping at straws.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Guys I want Mewtwo in as much as the next person, but the whole cloud thing is grasping at straws.
Seriously this.

Something to consider: Sal Romano's tipper, in the most recent tip that named Mii Fighter by name before E3, also mentioned DLC. The tipper was upset that they were going to include DLC, because it wouldn't be free.

Take that for what it's worth.

I'd pay $6 to be able to play Mewtwo again. Don't even care, not even mad. Skip lunch for one day and BAM there's your Mewtwo money.

I'd prefer if he was in normally, though, of course. Plus there might be restrictions on using DLC characters online...

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
A lot of people say Mewtwo shouldn't come back cause he was awful in Melee. Well guess what, Kirby is also considered low Tier in Melee and look how he turned out in the new Smash.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people say Mewtwo shouldn't come back cause he was awful in Melee.
Yeah, the worst argument against Mewtwo I've heard. A lot of his moveset could be easily tweaked or changed. The character could be completely revamped. I'm sure his past performance is not an obstacle to the devs.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Tons of awful characters have come back.

Kirby (Melee), Zelda (Melee), Samus (64)...

Even then I've seen people use bad characters effectively. Tier lists can definitely be wrong.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Tons of awful characters have come back.

Kirby (Melee), Zelda (Melee), Samus(64)...

Even then I've seen people use bad characters effectively. Tier lists can definitely be wrong.
Mario (Brawl) :troll:

Though, by that logic, Dr. Mario should have a mightier chance of getting in that Mewtwo, since he was at the high tier, several blocks higher than Mario himself.

Gune

Smash Lord
Glad to see you guys have kept sane after all the teases and especially after no Mewtwo at E3, every other site has kinda lost their minds on the matter.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Oh no, not cloud theories again.

Glad to see you guys have kept sane after all the teases and especially after no Mewtwo at E3, every other site has kinda lost their minds on the matter.
Huh? We're seeing things in the clouds, and we're the sane ones? What's being said in other places?

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
That's right, you guys shouldn't have brought up cloud theories because that will only deconfirm them! Oh wait, you DO want Mewtwo as Pokeball or Boss don't ya?!

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Yeah, the worst argument against Mewtwo I've heard. A lot of his moveset could be easily tweaked or changed. The character could be completely revamped. I'm sure his past performance is not an obstacle to the devs.
That's not even an argument as to why Mewtwo shouldn't return.

Sure he was awful in Melee but it was better than Bowser, Ness, and Kirby. Furthermore, in the right hands, Melee Mewtwo can be pretty nasty, look at Mew2King and Taj.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is great in Project M, and a unique fighter, aside from one special being similar to Lucario's (and Mewtwo had it first). I don't see why he can't be in Smash 4, it will bring so much hype.

Also, I hope we get 8 more pages of this thread soon to be the first to hit 100 from the Uncomfirmed Smash Veterans section. :D

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Mewtwo is great in Project M, and a unique fighter, aside from one special being similar to Lucario's (and Mewtwo had it first). I don't see why he can't be in Smash 4, it will bring so much hype.

Also, I hope we get 8 more pages of this thread soon to be the first to hit 100 from the Uncomfirmed Smash Veterans section. :D
I hope we get a confirmed character thread before that happens.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
With so many characters sharing similar moves, why would it even matter if Mewtwo and Lucario have a charge up Neutral B? Samus has it to, and nobody makes a problem about it.

Look at how many characters can do a Counter.

Marth, Ike, Little Mac, Lucario, Greninja, Palutena, Sword Mii and we more likely will be getting Chrom, so that makes 8!

I see no problem with 3 energy ball Neutral B's.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Yes I agree. There's no reason Lucario and Mewtwo can't co-exist with that similar neutral special.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
You can't but I heard it's the fastest charging projectile(charging speed wise).

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I had to sign up just to pitch in. That cloud thing is funny, though before seeing the pic in the previous page, I thought that they were referring to the cloud above Charizard in the trailer, which looks more like Mewtwo than the theorized one. Sigh - if only that's an indicator. One of the top reasons why I didn't enjoy Brawl much (and I specifically bought a Wii just to play Brawl too!) was because my main - Mewtwo - wasn't in there. I hope Sakurai visits this section of the boards.

Yes I agree. There's no reason Lucario and Mewtwo can't co-exist with that similar neutral special.
Especially with Greninja's charge-up water shuriken. A third Pokemon with a similar hadouken-style B wouldn't be a big deal, but I think they should switch it up. Maybe instead of a bigger energy ball, it could be multiple small orbs (like his grab in Melee), or it could be a beam (Psybeam/Psychic) or psychic daggers almost similar to Shiek's needles but bigger. I think they have a chance to make a unique character that takes advantage of the fact that it can levitate and has ESP/telekineses/telepathy. Not to mention the Mega Evolutions and his learnsets in the game. Barrier, Psyshock, Psystrike, Future Strike, Disable, Confusion, Psycho Cut, etc.. he could also be given the option to glide, like Palutina. Or teleport his enemies from one place to another.. so many possibilities!

Crossing my fingers for my main to come back..

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Hey, welcome to the boards! You should definitely stick around and speculate with us. :D I agree, there are so many possibilities for Mewtwo if he were to be changed up.

Edit: Also I realized my original post today above makes it seem like I think Mewtwo can't be in because his neutral special is similar to Lucario's. That's not at all the case, I only threw that in there because many others think he is deconfirmed for that reason. He certainly isn't.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Hey, welcome to the boards! You should definitely stick around and speculate with us. :D I agree, there are so many possibilities for Mewtwo if he were to be changed up.

Edit: Also I realized my original post today above makes it seem like I think Mewtwo can't be in because his neutral special is similar to Lucario's. That's not at all the case, I only threw that in there because many others think he is deconfirmed for that reason. He certainly isn't.
Thanks! I'll definitely be hanging out around here. And I didn't think your comment sounded like he'd be out, I've definitely heard most (if not all rumors) and I can see why people think that. Sakurai at least knows that there's demand for Mewtwo, so if anything they'd switch his attacks up. And someone has probably already suggested this, but it would be cool to see a multi-transformation set where he can become either X/Y Mewtwo as part of his moveset (like the old Zelda/Shiek or the Pokemon Trainer). Sounds complicated, sure, but would be a unique and cool moveset.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Are there really people who doubt Mewtwo's chances of coming back just because he wasn't mentioned in Sal's leak?

I mean, seriously? I think we should all rest assured that Mewtwo's in the game. Game Freak wasn't advertising Mewtwo like mad in Generation VI for nothing.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Are there really people who doubt Mewtwo's chances of coming back just because he wasn't mentioned in Sal's leak?

I mean, seriously? I think we should all rest assured that Mewtwo's in the game. Game Freak wasn't advertising Mewtwo like mad in Generation VI for nothing.
I suppose Mewtwo does have the benefit of technically being a veteran rather than a newcomer, and the leaker may have thought it unnecessary to leak anyone who wasn't completely new.

Though with that being said, I can't help but feel unsure about Mewtwo's chances at this point. That may just be me, though.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Also if Mewtwo was considered a newcomer, Sal's leak still wouldn't matter as Rosalina & Luma was never mentioned. I still believe we will receive other newcomers anyway.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people is waiting for Mewtwo and I think Sakurai is well aware of that. Because of that I wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo is the LAST character revealed... Just to troll us all ¬_¬

I really hope that doesn't happen...

Steelia

Smash Champion
A lot of people is waiting for Mewtwo and I think Sakurai is well aware of that. Because of that I wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo is the LAST character revealed... Just to troll us all ¬_¬

I really hope that doesn't happen...
Would prefer Mewtwo revealed as the absolute last character, than not at all. As they say, saving the best for last:upsidedown:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
The leaker's insight may have been exclusively on newcomers, and in any case it certainly was not absolute. Rosalina was not leaked, and Greninja was not specifically named. I'm sure there are plenty of newcomers that were not leaked, and perhaps even a few of them will be revealed.

The leak is no reason to fear Mewtwo's exclusion.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I suppose Mewtwo does have the benefit of technically being a veteran rather than a newcomer, and the leaker may have thought it unnecessary to leak anyone who wasn't completely new.

Though with that being said, I can't help but feel unsure about Mewtwo's chances at this point. That may just be me, though.
I can't see Pokemon having less reps than it did in Brawl. If Mewtwo isn't playable, and Ivysaur and Squirtle are gone for good, then we're going to have five Pokemon characters (Jiggly's a lock) for this game. Mewtwo's addition would bring it up to the same number it had for Brawl, and considering that most of the represented material in SSB4 comes from Generation VI, I'm certain that he's in the game.

Mewtwo's most likely going to be counted as a veteran, not a newcomer. Charizard isn't considered to be a newcomer despite the fact that he was never a standalone character.

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
In the Greninja trailer, when Charizard is about to fly, there is a group of clouds to the left. Some people can see a Mewtwo there.
Calling BS on this. With the Pac Man Image behind Greninja it is BLATANTLY obvious. I can kind of sort of see something But I think that's wayy too vague

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Calling BS on this. With the Pac Man Image behind Greninja it is BLATANTLY obvious. I can kind of sort of see something But I think that's wayy too vague
The one they're pointing out has a picture in page 91, post #3621 I think. But What looks more like Mewtwo is not the one on the left but the one in the middle, although it's more likely that the cloud was meant to resemble Charizard given the composition of the clouds, but *shrug* who knows. It's hard to see on my laptop but it's wayyy clear on my HD monitor.

As you can see, above Charizard, the dark cloud. Two horns, an eye socket, an outline of a face and neck if you trace the horns and an eye socket. Possibly.. lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom