• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I really don't think mewtwos chnaces got hurt from the hoenn region for 3ds

I mean if this keeps up i might attempt a mewtwo thing just like i did with ridleys support forum

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Charizard, Lucario, and Mewtwo showcased along "Pokemon Mega Ring"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J1_Ko8qrTwE#t=308

Little setback
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J1_Ko8qrTwE#t=331

Mewtwonite?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J1_Ko8qrTwE#t=2577

Considering ORAS remake, if Blaziken actually confirmed as playable over Sceptile, I could def see this hinting toward Mewtwo too, hence this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J1_Ko8qrTwE#t=2937
So what was all this, anyway?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I think the new Hoenn games are far too late to influence Smash. We have at most 3 months before the 3DS game comes and it's very possible that Wii U Smash comes out before them.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Charizard's Mega Evolution is confirmed to be Mega Charizard X so I won't be surprised if Mewtwo's FS is Mega Mewtwo Y.

Morbi

Scavenger
Charizard's Mega Evolution is confirmed to be Mega Charizard X so I won't be surprised if Mewtwo's FS is Mega Mewtwo Y.
I would not be surprised at all, I honestly don't want the redundancy of multiple Mega Evolutions, but it is obviously a gimmick that Gamefreak will continue to advocate.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, probably Mega Mewtwo Y. I find the mega evolutions as very suitable Final Smashes for these Pokemon, and it indeed is the new thing Pokemon is pushing anyway. At least we still have Pikachu, Greninja (and Jigglypuff?) who won't have mega evolution FS's, so it's not completely redundant.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, probably Mega Mewtwo Y. I find the mega evolutions as very suitable Final Smashes for these Pokemon, and it indeed is the new thing Pokemon is pushing anyway. At least we still have Pikachu, Greninja (and Jigglypuff?) who won't have mega evolution FS's, so it's not completely redundant.
I suppose you are correct. I just had the hope that everyone would have a different Final Smash. Maybe the way they are used will be different at the very least. Either way, it reminds me of the time when I just joined. Everyone thought Mega Mewtwo Y (Mewthree) was going to be the new playable character. I used to say it would be a Final Smash (mostly because I was a genwunner), at least I was correct. :troll:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Wait, why don't people like Mega Evolution Final Smashes? I love them. It's the most logical step for a Pokemon to have. Pikachu having Volt Tackle makes sense because it's something it can do. Did people like Lucario's Aura Storm or Puff up? I hated both of them because they weren't actual Pokemon moves. Mega Evolutions are perfect for super moves. Greninja's is fine because it appears to be Night Slash. If Mewtwo's back, he should Mega Evolve, but if he doesn't it should be Psystrike- something specific to him.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Wait, why don't people like Mega Evolution Final Smashes? I love them. It's the most logical step for a Pokemon to have. Pikachu having Volt Tackle makes sense because it's something it can do. Did people like Lucario's Aura Storm or Puff up? I hated both of them because they weren't actual Pokemon moves. Mega Evolutions are perfect for super moves. Greninja's is fine because it appears to be Night Slash. If Mewtwo's back, he should Mega Evolve, but if he doesn't it should be Psystrike- something specific to him.
They don't like them because that would be three of pretty much the same thing.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
They don't like the because the Mega designs look kind of dumb.

Eggplant fingers.

Last edited:

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
I think the Mega Evolutions make the most sense for each Pokemon's Final Smash. While not all longtime fans enjoy the new designs (nostalgia is a fickle beast), it's still great to have characters like Charizard, and hopefully Mewtwo, on the roster. As for worrying about whether they'll play the same, Charizard and Lucario have very different move sets to begin with – this won't play out like the Landmaster Tank fiasco with Fox, Falco, and Wolf.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Don't have any problems with the MegaEvos. It looks like they're actually taking the time to give them unique animations; Charizard and Mega Charizard X have very different jumping animations from the looks of it.

And if we ever get Project M U/3DS, that's more characters added to the roster :}D

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
To me, it was obvious they would be getting Mega Evolutions for FSs.

Now, hopefully Charizard's and Mewtwo's FSs aren't simple transformations, but some kind of wicked fire/psychic attack (Blast Burn/Psystrike come to mind), and the fact that they Mega Evolve be just an aesthetic change.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
They don't like the because the Mega designs look kind of dumb.

Eggplant fingers.
Reason why they are so awkward and deformed is because they're redundant, redundant features shrivel up and fade, like a kiwi's wing, or tails on humans.

Since M2 doesn't need his fingers or toes for movement and grabbing anymore, they've shriveled up. It's actually quite fitting.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
For me, it's because I dislike Mega Evos to begin with, but that's another story.

Even though Mewtwo was the posterboy for Megas, I hope he gets something different for the sake of uniqueness, otherwise we may have the Landmaster meme all over again.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
For me, it's because I dislike Mega Evos to begin with, but that's another story.

Even though Mewtwo was the posterboy for Megas, I hope he gets something different for the sake of uniqueness, otherwise we may have the Landmaster meme all over again.
Pikachu and Greninja don't have Mega evolutions, so they are fine. Even then, with Mega evolutions, it's not like they all have the same attacks like it is with how the Landmasters work...

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
What kind of criteria does Gardevoir fulfill? Aside from being one of the possible surprise Gen III reps chosen to rep the Pokémon roster for SSB4 (which is going to get a massive representation should Jigglypuff and Mewtwo return), granted Gardie's got the fans (she needs a little more push from the fanbase to make it in as a playable character, it also depends on the Pokémon Company/Game Freak and Sakurai), the 1 thing that stops Gardevoir's inclusion is that she was never featured as a main Pokémon in a movie (nor was she a main mascot during the Gen III games, she was popular, but didn't have the popularity in the likes of Pikachu to be amongst the main mascots that they have right now (being Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Mewtwo, and soon Greninja.)
Well Gardevoir is very popular among pokemon perverts and twisted pokemon artists

Steelia

Smash Champion
Reason why they are so awkward and deformed is because they're redundant, redundant features shrivel up and fade, like a kiwi's wing, or tails on humans.

Since M2 doesn't need his fingers or toes for movement and grabbing anymore, they've shriveled up. It's actually quite fitting.
Sure, I could buy that, but did his fingers and toes really need to shrivel up into miniature eggplants?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I have an interesting theory about Mewtwo.
We already have Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X, one presumably a Final Smash and the other confirmed to be so.
Now my theory is that since we have Mega Charizard X, Sakurai will make Mewtwo mega evolve into Mega Mewtwo Y. This creates a balance of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, and is yet another reason to add Mewtwo.
It may be farfetch'd, I just found it kind of interesting to note.

Greninja'd by Guybrush, I just added some extra deats.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I have an interesting theory about Mewtwo.
We already have Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X, one presumably a Final Smash and the other confirmed to be so.
Now my theory is that since we have Mega Charizard X, Sakurai will make Mewtwo mega evolve into Mega Mewtwo Y. This creates a balance of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, and is yet another reason to add Mewtwo.
It may be farfetch'd, I just found it kind of interesting to note.

Greninja'd by Guybrush, I just added some extra deats.
Yes, that has been a theory for a really long time now; pretty much since the Direct. Even before that.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I still think that Mewtwo has a chance of becoming Mega Mewtwo X if he returns. At this point, he has shown that he doesn't always follow patterns, so I stopped expecting patterns in decisions of what is in Smash Bros.

Morbi

Scavenger
I still think that Mewtwo has a chance of becoming Mega Mewtwo X if he returns. At this point, he has shown that he doesn't always follow patterns, so I stopped expecting patterns in decisions of what is in Smash Bros.
It isn't necessarily a pattern. Mewtwo Y is one of the most prominent Mega Evolutions period. It was the form he assumed in the movie, it was the first Mega Evolution, and it most accurately compliments his character. The arbitrary pattern is just the cherry on top.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It isn't necessarily a pattern. Mewtwo Y is one of the most prominent Mega Evolutions period. It was the form he assumed in the movie, it was the first Mega Evolution, and it most accurately compliments his character. The arbitrary pattern is just the cherry on top.
Basically this.
Considering that Mega Mewtwo X is more of a physical attacker than Y, and Mewtwo is very likely to have special moves rather than physical, I think Y is the better option overall.
Plus it's the most iconic Mega Evolution out there, I'd say.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Basically this.
Considering that Mega Mewtwo X is more of a physical attacker than Y, and Mewtwo is very likely to have special moves rather than physical, I think Y is the better option overall.
Plus it's the most iconic Mega Evolution out there, I'd say.
With regards to Mewtwo mostly being a special attacker, Charizard regular form has a higher special attack stat than physical, yet 3/4ths of his special moveset is physical and he turns into X, which has the same distribution for physical and special but is largely utilized for physical purposes.

Being the most iconic does work for his Y form, but so far it's mostly due to it being the first revealed form in the movie. However, I have noticed that his X form is also being marketed a little more as seen here and the last Pokemon Tretta commercial I saw. Charizard's first Mega Evolution reveal was the Y form, yet X has seemed to be getting a little more focus since its reveal.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I think mega evolutions are great final smashes. It's not really a shared final smash in the same way the landmaster was. In fact, there's really no similarities between each mega evo final smash, except the fact they're transformation final smashes. Saying Mewtwo shouldn't mega evolve in his final smash because Charizard and Lucario already mega evolve is like saying little mac shouldn't transform into Giga Mac because Wario can already transform into Wario Man.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Didn't Sakurai say he's considering to add Mega Mewtwo Y?

That could bring some hintzzzzzzzz...
As far as I know, Sakurai only said he's considering adding Mewtwo, and that was before people even knew he had two Mega Evolutions.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
As far as I know, Sakurai only said he's considering adding Mewtwo, and that was before people even knew he had two Mega Evolutions.

You're confused.

The actual question was: Are you planning to use Mewtwo Mega Evolution in Smash Brothers? (Directed at the Pokemon company)

They replied with: "We cannot talk about our characters involvements in other games".

Sakurai then stood up and answered: "We are thinking about it/We are considering it".

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34700/sakurai-considering-mewtwo-for-next-smash-bros-games

They said they've been considering to add the "new Pokemon" (Mega Mewtwo Y).
You're confused.

The actual question was: Are you planning to use Mewtwo Mega Evolution in Smash Brothers? (Directed at the Pokemon company)

They replied with: "We cannot talk about our characters involvements in other games".

Sakurai then stood up and answered: "We are thinking about it/We are considering it".
Thanks for correcting me.

SketchFox7

Smash Journeyman
I think the new Hoenn games are far too late to influence Smash. We have at most 3 months before the 3DS game comes and it's very possible that Wii U Smash comes out before them.
Just because the games were just announced doesn't mean they just started being developed. They're coming out in November, therefore they probably started development around the same time as SSB4 did. It's entirely possible that Sceptile (or another Hoenn rep) have been planned since Smash started development to advertise these games, that will be releasing before/around the time SSB4 Wii U releases (They're scheduled for November 2014, SSB4 is just "Winter 2014").

As for Mewtwo I definitely support him being in, Charizard has always showcased him X Mega, only fair that we get a Pokemon to showcase their Y Mega, and since Mewtwo's the only other one with two and is more known for it's Y Mega (where as Charizard is known for his X) it makes perfect sense for him to be in. And if he's in I'd like to see his new signature move "Psystrike" replace Shadow Ball, a bunch of purple lights could form around him and shoot forward, the longer the button is held the more lights show up and the blast becomes stronger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom