• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
If Mewtwo made it back in, I honestly think I would be fine with the changes made to exclude my favorite Pokemon of all time, Squirtle, who maybe never deserved to be in, but did make it it...

That is a big step, but I'd find it sensible to have taken him out, if it meant the ones who really should be in, as Mewtwo, were.
Squirtle's noble sacrifice will not go unnoticed ;_;7

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Swift Fox, in a few months I hope to be using a rebuttal to your avatar.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I'll find Mewtwo with more tears for my avi when we've seen the final roster with Mewtwo still not there. (why did we even bring up this subject about my avi to here?)

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Was the subject anywhere else?

If Mewtwo wasn't in and you updated the image, Lucario would be dying of salt poisoning.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Is Mewtwo considered a Pokemon villain? Because we've only had like two villians revealed, Bowser and Dedede. Where's Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Metaknight, Wario, Wolf, and the potential King K Rool and Ridley? Or any other villains? There was such a big deal made about female characters and villains, and they've addressed the ladies, but not the baddies. I'm hoping for a big villainous event for Smash Bros a E3. The could reveal Ganondorf and Mewtwo as veterans that have been completely revamped, and then one or two newcomers. Probably K Rool but I feel like Ridley not being shown in nearly 50 screenshots of Pyrosphere nor in any gameplay footage and only hinted at in a very sly way all suggests that they could be hiding him for a BIG surprise... Anyway, Mewtwo. I expect 6 pokemon, matching Brawl and representing a full team of pokemon, and my dream team would be Pikachu, Lucario, Mewtwo, Charizard, Greninja, and Sceptile. Keep the essense of the trio from Pokemon Trainer alive with a grass type and represent the potential Hoenn remakes, cut Jigglypuff, and bring back Mewtwo and that would be perfect. Unlikely, but perfect. I expect Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, and a large community of grass starter pokemon trainers to be disappointed.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Is Mewtwo considered a Pokemon villain? Because we've only had like two villians revealed, Bowser and Dedede. Where's Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Metaknight, Wario, Wolf, and the potential King K Rool and Ridley? Or any other villains? There was such a big deal made about female characters and villains, and they've addressed the ladies, but not the baddies. I'm hoping for a big villainous event for Smash Bros a E3. The could reveal Ganondorf and Mewtwo as veterans that have been completely revamped, and then one or two newcomers. Probably K Rool but I feel like Ridley not being shown in nearly 50 screenshots of Pyrosphere nor in any gameplay footage and only hinted at in a very sly way all suggests that they could be hiding him for a BIG surprise... Anyway, Mewtwo. I expect 6 pokemon, matching Brawl and representing a full team of pokemon, and my dream team would be Pikachu, Lucario, Mewtwo, Charizard, Greninja, and Sceptile. Keep the essense of the trio from Pokemon Trainer alive with a grass type and represent the potential Hoenn remakes, cut Jigglypuff, and bring back Mewtwo and that would be perfect. Unlikely, but perfect. I expect Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, and a large community of grass starter pokemon trainers to be disappointed.
Well, it's hard to say that there are any truly villainous Pokemon. But as Mewtwo is frequently described as having an incredibly savage heart, he comes the closest.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
There are definitely some other legendary Pokemon who are evil, and there are miscellaneous "evil" Pokemon strewn about the 700+ normal Pokemon. It's just that it's kind of random, and random Pokemon aren't good for Smash. Pokemon in Smash need to be ones that are well-known or at least have some kind of angle to them. Why? Because that's the approach Sakurai and Game Freak have always taken.

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
This all depends on which cannon we're talking about, Darkai in the anime was a mis-spoken introvert who was feared due to his nightmare induing panic attacks, Darkai in Mystery Dungeon, on the other hand, was an sadistic madman who enjoyed nothing but inflicting pain upon others.

Mewtwo is the same, different cannon, different Mewtwo(s).

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Though the model differences are definitely strange, on close inspection there's no way it could have been Mewtwo. The fingertips are not bulbous enough, though to be fair Melee's interpretation of Mewtwo did not have very large fingertips, and the fingertips do not match that of Greninja's either. The upper body clearly has Greninja's tongue scarf, as it is too round to be Mewtwo's chest plate. Furthermore, Mewtwo's lower body would be much thicker.

But the key words are "on close inspection." Though the darkened model was definitely meant to represent Greninja, it lacks some of the distinctive features of his silhouette for no apparent reason. They could have just used the model made for when he was revealed proper, but they didn't.

This leads me to believe that this ambiguous model was deliberately used to make people wonder if it was Mewtwo, as it lacked features that would clearly reveal it as Greninja in a split second, and the sequence went by too fast for people to tell that it clearly wasn't Mewtwo.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I realized it didn't have Mewtwo's usual proportions. I actually thought it was one of the Mega Evolutions at first.

It's not that it "couldn't" have been Mewtwo to me. It's that it would have been...better, if it was. I won't lie, my hype was already through the roof at the mere sight of Charizard. The prospect of Origins: Round 2? Very likely would've given me chest pains.

I have nothing against Greninja, but it's in the same boat Lucario was for me (as in I like it a lot, but it'll never "replace/substitute" Mewtwo). It was like expecting chocolate/vanilla ice cream, but getting strawberry instead. I doubt it'll matter in the end either way. Have waited 13 years already for the return of the prodigal 'mon, what's another few months?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@ CamZilla94 CamZilla94
That is why everyone's first thought was that Mewtwo was going to be revealed... until that horrible water shuriken started to form.
Same here! Was thinking that the blue energy ball was his new Neutral B, as Lucario's Aura Sphere still looks like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball in Melee. Then, I saw the Water Shuriken and was like 'what the hell is this character supposed to be?' then Greninja appeared. And I was shocked.

Hope not to be teased for Mewtwo's reveal like this again... YOU WHERE "THINKING ABOUT IT" RIGHT, SAKURAI!?

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Not sure WHAT was really on his mind when he's considering about "Mewtwo" or so the news around the internet thought it was him. Maybe they are being misinformed that in reality he was considering about the Mega Evolution gimmick itself?

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I mean, he better be in a Pokemon Trainer assist trophy.
this is actually a really cool idea, where a trainer from different gens and different genders can come out and throw a pokeball, dawning a pokemon from their respective gens

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Mewtwo is infinitely more likely to be in the next Smash than any other newcomer.
:201m::201e::201w::201t::201w::201h:
I definatly agree

But several people (im not one) refuse to believe this until we get a 6th mario rep they refuse to believe there was 6 playable pokemon in brawl they think its 4 because of the slots (refuse to believe transformations are separate characters) and because they think pokemon is banned from going higher number of reps than mario

Morbi

Scavenger
I definatly agree

But several people (im not one) refuse to believe this until we get a 6th mario rep they refuse to believe there was 6 playable pokemon in brawl they think its 4 because of the slots (refuse to believe transformations are separate characters) and because they think pokemon is banned from going higher number of reps than mario
Obviously that fallacious reasoning isn't logical; they will see the truth soon enough. Maybe, once they realize that the roster wasn't finalized when Sora Ltd. developed Greninja.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I would hate it if Mewtwo had its feral voice from Origins. It would seem really out of place considering every other pokemon (including Mewtwo in Melee.) has their anime voice (including Lucario in the Japanese version).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I would hate it if Mewtwo had its feral voice from Origins. It would seem really out of place considering every other pokemon (including Mewtwo in Melee.) has their anime voice (including Lucario in the Japanese version).
Well Y is more likely but that does not mean female voice mewtwo is a lock i mean in x and y you can get both forms in 1 game but thats like very low chance though because im quite sure tehy are never going to get rid of mewtwo

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
To be fair, Origins is an anime special.

Oddly enough, Charizard's "new" voice in Smash 4 doesn't seem to be that of its anime counterpart(s). Sounds more like he inherited Bowser's "old" voice to me.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Maybe, once they realize that the roster wasn't finalized when Sora Ltd. developed Greninja.
I'm going to have to stop you right there. I'm not sure about when they started development on him, but the final roster has probably long since been fully decided upon, barring a Sonic situation.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, Origins is an anime special.

Oddly enough, Charizard's "new" voice in Smash 4 doesn't seem to be that of its anime counterpart(s). Sounds more like he inherited Bowser's "old" voice to me.
Actually, it sounds very much like Origins and the new main anime voice to me.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm going to have to stop you right there. I'm not sure about when they started development on him, but the final roster has probably long since been fully decided upon, barring a Sonic situation.
That is precisely what I was insinuating. People act as though Greninja has stolen Mewtwo's slot when that fact of the matter is that both were planned months ago.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who dosn't want Mewtwo and Lucario to not talk in this game. Id prefer if the pokemon reps don't pertain to their anime versions and are more like how the video games portray them (Pikachu is an obvious exception since it uses its anime voice as a cry in X/Y).

Last edited:

bobadz

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who dosn't want Mewtwo and Lucario to not talk in this game. Id prefer if the pokemon reps don't pertain to their anime versions and are more like how the video games portray them (Pikachu is an obvious exception since it uses its anime voice as a cry in X/Y).
It's unlikely, but it's possible that it could happen.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So... you want them to talk?
which both do in the anime?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo is at a risk again: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been confirmed, and are to be released this year.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Sceptile was my first starter pokemon so it would be cool to have but only if he and Swampert get a Mega. Then again the roster has been decided unless Gamefreak requested him and greninja to be playable.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I... Forgot that Blaziken indeed already HAS a Mega Evolution :laugh:

The more the merrier I'd say. Brawl had 7 Pokémon planned. I don't really see it being absolutely impossible that we could get Sceptile, but Mewtwo and Jigglypuff also return.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I... Forgot that Blaziken indeed already HAS a Mega Evolution :laugh:

The more the merrier I'd say. Brawl had 7 Pokémon planned. I don't really see it being absolutely impossible that we could get Sceptile, but Mewtwo and Jigglypuff also return.
Please no Blaziken. We need to make up for Squirtle and Ivysaur plus there is enough characters with fire moves. If post game dlc does happen then Mewtwo might be one seeing he was considered at the last minute like sonic in brawl

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A Ruby and Sapphire remake pretty much changes nothing, considering how late those games will be released; Smash 3DS will be out by then.

Therefore, Mewtwo probably still has the upper hand.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
A Ruby and Sapphire remake pretty much changes nothing, considering how late those games will be released; Smash 3DS will be out by then.

Unless They had told Sakurai as the game was probably in development while Smash was and he added someone to coincide with it.

Steelia

Smash Champion
That doesn't really change much. Remember Roy? His game was released about 4 months after SSBM in Japan. Got people jumping ship on Mewtwo in another forum and now they're expecting Sceptile. Peachy.

I apologize if this has been asked already...
But for a Final Smash: Mega Mewtwo X or Y?
It'll unfortunately be Y. But I'd love to see X.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom