• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well, since there's a clear pattern of Mega Evolutions being the Final Smashes of applicable Pokemon, who's it going to be, guys?

Mewtwo X looks more masculine, while Mewtwo Y looks more feminine. At least, that's my opinion.
Y is more likely because of the movie

But reminder of the unmasking of custimation which turnout to be the dream come true customizable movesets for characters so if final smashes are involve both mewtwo x and y will be final smashes same with charizard

So far in my opinion if mewtwo fails to get in again its either the same thing as last time (time contracts) or not enough room

(Mcdonalds promoting x and y and mewtwo is one of the happy meal toys is a big hint to this. Another opinion by the way)

(Oh one more thing i think mewtwo will have a male voice if Y is final smash due to being possible to get both mega evolution stones for mewtwo in x and y by trade)

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
While I agree that Mewtwo Y does seem to be the logical choice at first, Mewtwo X has something big in its favor: it retains the same basic body shape as regular Mewtwo. This might mean that it's the shoe-in for technical reasons, like 3DS limitations. Mewtwo Y is not only smaller, but its "tail" is connected to its skull. Mewtwo had a LOT of tail-based attacks in Melee.

That said, I'd be happy with either. I'd almost prefer Y if only for the oddball reason that a female-voiced Mewtwo might grow on me. But the classic, diabolical male voice would be great, too.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
While I agree that Mewtwo Y does seem to be the logical choice at first, Mewtwo X has something big in its favor: it retains the same basic body shape as regular Mewtwo. This might mean that it's the shoe-in for technical reasons, like 3DS limitations. Mewtwo Y is not only smaller, but its "tail" is connected to its skull. Mewtwo had a LOT of tail-based attacks in Melee.

That said, I'd be happy with either. I'd almost prefer Y if only for the oddball reason that a female-voiced Mewtwo might grow on me. But the classic, diabolical male voice would be great, too.
Male voice mewtwo could still be in if Y is the final smash because you can get both stones in x and y just by trade

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Male voice mewtwo could still be in if Y is the final smash because you can get both stones in x and y just by trade
The only reason Mewtwo would have a female voice at all would be because the Mewtwo in the recent Genesect movie was female. That's when Mega Mewtwo Y had its debut. Since Sakurai appears to have payed a lot of attention to the Pokemon anime in the past, that is the one and only basis for the female voice.

The male voice has precedence: in the first Pokemon movie, the sequel, and Melee.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
The reactions when Mewtwo gets confirmed will be amazing...
The only other character that could make me go nuts is Captain Falcon. He's like... the Smash Bros mascot! But everyone knows he's coming back.

If and when Mewtwo comes back... The entire internet is going to lose its mind.

andimidna

Smash Master
The only other character that could make me go nuts is Captain Falcon. He's like... the Smash Bros mascot! But everyone knows he's coming back.

If and when Mewtwo comes back... The entire internet is going to lose its mind.
Yea, it's funny how he's technically a veteran, but the reactions will be equal to like... 2 newcomers.

:150::mewtwomelee::mewtwopm::150::mewtwomelee::mewtwopm::150::mewtwomelee::mewtwopm:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Not sure if this will be a continuing pattern for Gamefreak, but pokemon games have been appearing a lot faster in recent years with X/Y beig released a year after Black/White 2. Its possible they are going to announce the 6th gen sequle this year and maybe show of a new third form for Mewtwo (Mega Mewtwo Z?) in this game as a preview like how Roy was in Melee.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Not sure if this will be a continuing pattern for Gamefreak, but pokemon games have been appearing a lot faster in recent years with X/Y beig released a year after Black/White 2. Its possible they are going to announce the 6th gen sequle this year and maybe show of a new third form for Mewtwo (Mega Mewtwo Z?) in this game as a preview like how Roy was in Melee.
If theres a mewtwo Z thats pretty much a lock for mewtwo being pokemon 6 if there is one

Oh by the way recent news they lied mewtwo is not the only legendary with a megaevolution

Latios and latias has one aparwntly that a hacker team discovered

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If theres a mewtwo Z thats pretty much a lock for mewtwo being pokemon 6 if there is one

Oh by the way recent news they lied mewtwo is not the only legendary with a megaevolution

Latios and latias has one aparwntly that a hacker team discovered
That's pretty old news at this point. Doesn't change anything, really.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
It would a complete set (well in my eyes at least) that if charzard mega evolution is from the game pokemon "X", then mewtwo would have mega evolution from pokemon "Y".

Since Sakurai is looking for more female char to place in the next Ssb. It wouldn't be surprising to have the female voice of Mewtwo. Plus iirc I've seen mewtwo fight mega charzard X before in a pokemon anime/move. Just don't remember which.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It would a complete set (well in my eyes at least) that if charzard mega evolution is from the game pokemon "X", then mewtwo would have mega evolution from pokemon "Y".

Since Sakurai is looking for more female char to place in the next Ssb. It wouldn't be surprising to have the female voice of Mewtwo. Plus iirc I've seen mewtwo fight mega charzard X before in a pokemon anime/move. Just don't remember which.
Yeah, Mewtwo fought Mega Char X in the Pokemon Origins anime special. It was the climax.

D

Deleted member

When did Sakurai said he was trying to add more females into the game? While Sakurai has added two females so far (three if we go by the Salromano leak), nothing indicates they were added because of their gender.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Bigger than ridley if confirmed? Or megamans reaction
By the numbers? Yes. Mewtwo is currently the most supported "new"comer, at least in the west. He gained traction leading up to SSB4's announcement, ultimately becoming second only to Megaman. After Megaman's confirmation, he has taken and held the top spot for about a year now, with Ridley and K. Rool not far behind him.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
When did Sakurai said he was trying to add more females into the game? While Sakurai has added two females so far (three if we go by the Salromano leak), nothing indicates they were added because of their gender.
I do distinctly remember Sakurai saying that he wanted more females in Smash 4, and Smash in general. It was either on Miiverse or a Direct or and interview... Honestly, I can't recall where. But I know he did say that.

D

Deleted member

I do distinctly remember Sakurai saying that he wanted more females in Smash 4, and Smash in general. It was either on Miiverse or a Direct or and interview... Honestly, I can't recall where. But I know he did say that.
I'm going to need a source for that.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Well, sorry, bubba. I'm on my mobile (an old blackberry), and extensive google searching is kind of impractical and unweildly. Maybe you can find the quote in the meantime, if you're on a PC or Mac or something respectable.

If you can't find the quote, I'll try to find it in about 20 hours from now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Female voice mewtwo is not a lock if Y form is the final smash for 3 reasons

1 sakurai said more females right but at this point we might be at 6 from the 4 from before (zelda/shiek peach samus/zzs jigglypuff rosalina and palutena) that seems like more females

2 mewtwo is un gendered and you can get both stones in x and y (by trade for the other one)

3 the customizable moveset chnage the moves so if final smashes are involved you could choose between x and y for the final smash maybe psystrike included

So if Y is the final smash it does not mean he/she will have a female voice not forced to have male voice either

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Female voice mewtwo is not a lock if Y form is the final smash for 3 reasons

1 sakurai said more females right but at this point we might be at 6 from the 4 from before (zelda/shiek peach samus/zzs jigglypuff rosalina and palutena) that seems like more females

2 mewtwo is un gendered and you can get both stones in x and y (by trade for the other one)

3 the customizable moveset chnage the moves so if final smashes are involved you could choose between x and y for the final smash maybe psystrike included

So if Y is the final smash it does not mean he/she will have a female voice not forced to have male voice either
I wasn't implying that If we get Y then we get female version. IM just saying "I wouldn't be surprised if he chose a female voice for Mewtwo like in the movie, to somewhat fulfill his mission of adding more female players into the next ssb".

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I'm pretty sure he said he was glad to see more female characters this time around when Zelda was revealed, but he didn't outright stated he will be adding more females.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I wasn't implying that If we get Y then we get female version. IM just saying "I wouldn't be surprised if he chose a female voice for Mewtwo like in the movie, to somewhat fulfill his mission of adding more female players into the next ssb".
Ofcoarse.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
The way mega mewtwo Y looks is the sole reason why they decided to make a separate different mewtwo with a "feminine personality". I can see why people would think that, but this was intentional, or else we wouldnt have gotten the obvious masculine X form to go with it. All mewtwo needs is an androgynous voice thats so common in a lot of animes.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I said it before, but I still see it either having Origins' feral voice, or the Japanese androgynous voice.
The feral voice was pretty weird. Straight up.

Mewtwo's a psychic mastermind. Lucario gets to speak all he wants (which is only canon in the Lucario movie, not even the rest of the anime as far as I know). No way Lucario gets to say, "behold the blah blah blah," while Mewtwo is reduced to Melee-Bowser-tier roars, haha. That would irk me. Heck, even if they just dub a Japanese voice, like Melee, that's fine. I'll just play Smash 4 in Japanese mode.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
6 weeks until we are celebrating or panicking.
So now that we're having a Smash 4 E3 tournament at most Best Buy stores in North America in June, do you guys feel the full roster will be revealed at that time, or will they still hold back on a few secret characters for the weeks between E3 and launch? Will Mewtwo make a comeback at E3, or will we have to sweat it out until we get blurry screenshots on 4chan?

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Personally, I prefer the air think we'll just have to see. Though Mewtwo being playable there isn't that out of the realm of possibility.
Keep in mind Sonic was playable at E For 2007's Brawl demo.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't think the whole roster will be revealed by E3. They might save some for after the game is out.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If anything will beat Mega Man's reaction, it's Mewtwo.

Mewtwo at E3, best hype material ever.
Exactly why I don't think we've seen him yet.
Mewtwo is the most hyped character around the world, and his inclusion can excite the hardcore Smash fanbase, nostalgic Melee players, and Pokemon players far and wide. So E3 is right up his alley. In fact, I expect him to be confirmed in a similar style to Mega Man. Maybe a different trailer concept, but when everyone thinks the announcements are over, BOOM MEWTWO.
Also Greninja making fans lose hope is probably exactly what Sakurai is going for. The excitement and surprise will be even larger than before.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Exactly why I don't think we've seen him yet.
Mewtwo is the most hyped character around the world, and his inclusion can excite the hardcore Smash fanbase, nostalgic Melee players, and Pokemon players far and wide. So E3 is right up his alley. In fact, I expect him to be confirmed in a similar style to Mega Man. Maybe a different trailer concept, but when everyone thinks the announcements are over, BOOM MEWTWO.
Also Greninja making fans lose hope is probably exactly what Sakurai is going for. The excitement and surprise will be even larger than before.
Yes, if Mewtwo is in the game, this is a very smart move on Sakurai's part to build hype for the game. It also matches up with some of his previous methods used with newcomers, such as how Little Mac's arena was given an entirely separate look to hide the fact that it was a Punch-Out stage. Similar situations for some unconfirmed newcomers would be Palutena's (since some people think the statue de-confirms her), and Ridley's, although the latter might just be a hyped up boss this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom