• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Thinking about it, I'm kind of hoping that like in overseas Melee, Mewtwo doesn't talk.
Instead, Mewtwo should sound like it does in Origins.

That way, it keeps the characterization of Melee Mewtwo (but without elements of Anime Mewtwo 1), and fans won't ***** about it being Anime Mewtwo 2.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I actually liked Mewtwo's considerably savage portrayal in Origins, so I'm up for it.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I actually liked Mewtwo's considerably savage portrayal in Origins, so I'm up for it.
One night I dreamt Mega Mewtwo Y was revealed.

I have both Mega stones and I been comparing the two, I honestly hope Mega Mewtwo Y is put in, he seems to have better stats, and I like how she was represented in that Genesect vs Mewtwo movie, I forgot the name of it.

:mewtwopm:Mega Mewtwo Y for Super Smash Bros!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sometimes I think that the appearance of Mewtwo's eyes can influence how savage it is. Anyway, some brief details, regarding the three different Mewtwos that we've seen...

[collapse=Mewtwo #1 (Original series)]

Mewtwo #1 started out as being very brutal to people and Pokemon, and it even threatened to eradicate human life. It eventually changed its attitude after realizing that people and Pokemon can actually exist together in harmony.[/collapse]

[collapse=Mewtwo #2 (Best Wishes series)]

Mewtwo #2 was not so savage in heart, and simply distrusted humans; it didn't hate humans as much as Mewtwo #1, as it simply wanted to be left alone. Additionally, it only battles when reasoning with others becomes pointless.[/collapse]

[collapse=Mewtwo #3 (Pokemon Origins)]

Mewtwo #3 was the most accurate one, in terms of its Pokedex entry. It simply challenged every strong Pokemon that wanted to battle it, and it proved to be quite formidable.[/collapse]

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Much as my childhood wouldn't mind Mewtwo #1 somehow still being channeled like in Japanese Melee, #3 is where it's at, and what I'm hoping we'll get most of all, far as how Mewtwo fights in gameplay with the right kind of speed and savagery. Granted, it was a rookie wild one that only had Swift and the like like in some of the games at level 70.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
As much as I like the anime, it really shouldn't imply that there are more than one legendary of a legendary Pokémon. Origins Mewtwo and Mewtwo #1 are one and the same, and Mewtwo #2 just shouldn't exist. I think that it should portray it's Origins side AND it's #1 side by making more savage quotes, rather than not speaking at all.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
As much as I like the anime, it really shouldn't imply that there are more than one legendary of a legendary Pokémon. Origins Mewtwo and Mewtwo #1 are one and the same, and Mewtwo #2 just shouldn't exist. I think that it should portray it's Origins side AND it's #1 side by making more savage quotes, rather than not speaking at all.
I agree with u-tilt.

I need to hear dat M2 laugh. Or this:

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Mewtwo,won't ever be announced it will be kept secret but he is in the game.

People will say things like "Hey guys Mewtwo is in!" and nobody believes them until they themselves unlock mewtwo.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I agree with u-tilt.

I need to hear dat M2 laugh. Or this:
Oh... I remember you. Weren't you the one who called me U-Tilt back on the Roster Prediction And Discussion forum before it got shut down? I remember you. I liked you, just so things are clear. I don't mind the nickname anymore.:)

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
Oh... I remember you. Weren't you the one who called me U-Tilt back on the Roster Prediction And Discussion forum before it got shut down? I remember you. I liked you, just so things are clear. I don't mind the nickname anymore.:)
I was on there too, you know. ;)

Sometimes I think that the appearance of Mewtwo's eyes can influence how savage it is. Anyway, some brief details, regarding the three different Mewtwos that we've seen...

[collapse=Mewtwo #1 (Original series)]

Mewtwo #1 started out as being very brutal to people and Pokemon, and it even threatened to eradicate human life. It eventually changed its attitude after realizing that people and Pokemon can actually exist together in harmony.[/collapse]

[collapse=Mewtwo #2 (Best Wishes series)]

Mewtwo #2 was not so savage in heart, and simply distrusted humans; it didn't hate humans as much as Mewtwo #1, as it simply wanted to be left alone. Additionally, it only battles when reasoning with others becomes pointless.[/collapse]

[collapse=Mewtwo #3 (Pokemon Origins)]

Mewtwo #3 was the most accurate one, in terms of its Pokedex entry. It simply challenged every strong Pokemon that wanted to battle it, and it proved to be quite formidable.[/collapse]
You can't do that exact same cloning experiment with Mew somewhere else and get the same results. It took Team Rocket many years just to make Mewtwo from Mew's data. I'm assuming Team Plasma wanted to use multiple Genesects for their purposes. Team Rocket only made one Mewtwo though. Robot bugs are probably much easier to clone then psychics. If other experiments were made they would most likely fail, plus Mewtwo usually stays hidden from people, so where would they find it if they wanted to clone Mewtwo? It can also wipe people's memories if it is seen. Also if Mew were to be cloned again, the result would most likely be much different. Why they used a female voice actor? I don't know. Maybe it has to do with Mewtwo being transgender? Alone that can't prove there are two Mewtwos. Plus, isn't most of the stuff in the anime BS? Like using thunderbolt on a ****ing Golem and KOing it? There are thousands of anime errors from naming Pokemon the wrong names to saying Tyrogue is "The evolved form of Hitmonlee and Hitmontop".

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Saying Arbok evolves into Seviper is a better example of one of the common anime errors.

D

Deleted member

It's sad how people don't have a sense of logic just because they can't accept that more than one Mewtwo is possible.

It's bizarre to have two of them, but not impossible.

EDIT:
Especially since how the "clone" aspect was an anime-exclusive concept (in the games, Mewtwo is a mutated Mew fetus.), and considering how the same cloning aspect to create Mewtwo in the anime is the exact same method to how you can get an Aerodactyl, Kabuto, Omanyte, etc. in the games, it's more reasonable to believe that Mewtwo in the anime is a completely separate species from Mew considering the first Mewtwo was cloned from what the scientists believed to be a Mew fossil.
Who's to say they didn't accidentally revive a similar, yet more deadly creature that's been long extinct?

Last edited by a moderator:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Saying Arbok evolves into Seviper is a better example of one of the common anime errors.
That's more of a 4Kids! error than the Pokemon company...

I would like Mewtwo to keep his voice from Melee for the Japanese version/option at least.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Sorry but no. Mewtwo from the first movie and Origins Mewtwo are two different entities (Origins Mewtwo is actually Game Mewtwo). It can be figured out just from the way they were created, Mewtwo #1 is a straight up clone of Mew while the Origins one was actually a genetically modified embryo born from Mew. Also, in the anime world we have a second Mewtwo which is the one that appeared in the Extremespeed Genesect and Mewtwo Awakening movie.

You can't do that exact same cloning experiment with Mew somewhere else and get the same results. It took Team Rocket many years just to make Mewtwo from Mew's data. I'm assuming Team Plasma wanted to use multiple Genesects for their purposes. Team Rocket only made one Mewtwo though. Robot bugs are probably much easier to clone then psychics. If other experiments were made they would most likely fail, plus Mewtwo usually stays hidden from people, so where would they find it if they wanted to clone Mewtwo? It can also wipe people's memories if it is seen. Also if Mew were to be cloned again, the result would most likely be much different. Why they used a female voice actor? I don't know. Maybe it has to do with Mewtwo being transgender? Alone that can't prove there are two Mewtwos. Plus, isn't most of the stuff in the anime BS? Like using thunderbolt on a ****ing Golem and KOing it? There are thousands of anime errors from naming Pokemon the wrong names to saying Tyrogue is "The evolved form of Hitmonlee and Hitmontop".
You can't really apply that same kind of logic about cloning experimentation in a world where monsters are kept inside balls. And I'm afraid that there is a second Mewtwo in the anime, whether you guys like it or not. Her origin is explained in the Genesect movie; you can connect the dots by looking at the way this Newtwo acts, it doesn't know Ash and Pikachu (you can see it in the way she acted distrustful towards him, if you remember, the original Mewtwo ended up considering Ash a friend) and it seems cold and harsh and towards humans in general.

If you want to get technical about how they created her even though Giovanni and his grunts got their memory wiped out, think it about this way: Do you think that an organization as powerful as theirs wouldn't store their research data in some secure place where someone would eventually stumble upon them? It could be a physical location or even a secure server. Then someone found it (Giovanni wouldn't miss it since, you know, he doesn't remember), provided the research to another group of scientists who where able to successfully replicate the experiment.

Seriously guys, no use deluding ourselves into thinking that there is only one "true" Mewtwo. The anime even shows 2 Mews so far, 3 if we count the remains of the fossil they used to create Mewtwo, so I don't see how there can't be another Mewtwo. Watch the movie if you still need to be convinced.

D

Deleted member

Sorry but no. Mewtwo from the first movie and Origins Mewtwo are two different entities (Origins Mewtwo is actually Game Mewtwo). It can be figured out just from the way they were created, Mewtwo #1 is a straight up clone of Mew while the Origins one was actually a genetically modified embryo born from Mew. Also, in the anime world we have a second Mewtwo which is the one that appeared in the Extremespeed Genesect and Mewtwo Awakening movie.

You can't really apply that same kind of logic about cloning experimentation in a world where monsters are kept inside balls. And I'm afraid that there is a second Mewtwo in the anime, whether you guys like it or not. Her origin is explained in the Genesect movie; you can connect the dots by looking at the way this Newtwo acts, it doesn't know Ash and Pikachu (you can see it in the way she acted distrustful towards him, if you remember, the original Mewtwo ended up considering Ash a friend) and it seems cold and harsh and towards humans in general.

If you want to get technical about how they created her even though Giovanni and his grunts got their memory wiped out, think it about this way: Do you think that an organization as powerful as theirs wouldn't store their research data in some secure place where someone would eventually stumble upon them? It could be a physical location or even a secure server. Then someone found it (Giovanni wouldn't miss it since, you know, he doesn't remember), provided the research to another group of scientists who where able to successfully replicate the experiment.

Seriously guys, no use deluding ourselves into thinking that there is only one "true" Mewtwo. The anime even shows 2 Mews so far, 3 if we count the remains of the fossil they used to create Mewtwo, so I don't see how there can't be another Mewtwo. Watch the movie if you still need to be convinced.
There's also to consider that (depending on the canonicity) Dr. Yung from the Mirage Pokemon special knows of Mewtwo's existence and has access to its data.
....data that was kept locked away until Prof. Oak gave him that password.....

So that would imply that the data is out there. Even if the Mirage Pokemon special wasn't canon, that doesn't mean that someone else couldn't find the data to create a new Mewtwo.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599

Didn't Mewtwo destroy the research facility that they created it in? Although yes they could have some computers or some other place with all that data about the Mewtwo project. I would think going canon to the game is a better source, yet the anime has so much more detail than the game. As I said before, according to the anime you can OHKO Golems with thunderbolt, so therefore it isn't the most accurate. I don't think there's enough evidence to really support either side of this. There is some, but not enough I'd say, or it's too vague and it can be contradicted by other evidence. Kind of how like Ash says a year went by since he started his journey and then later says he's still 10 years old.

Like I've heard on this thread a few times, Mewtwo would just be best off not talking at all. But it probably will. When Mewtwo is most likely revealed we'll see. Hopefully there will be more evidence to prove or disprove this theory sometime soon.

There's only one Mewtwo in the game. But maybe more than one in the anime.

It's sad how people don't have a sense of logic just because they can't accept that more than one Mewtwo is possible.

It's bizarre to have two of them, but not impossible.

EDIT:
Especially since how the "clone" aspect was an anime-exclusive concept (in the games, Mewtwo is a mutated Mew fetus.), and considering how the same cloning aspect to create Mewtwo in the anime is the exact same method to how you can get an Aerodactyl, Kabuto, Omanyte, etc. in the games, it's more reasonable to believe that Mewtwo in the anime is a completely separate species from Mew considering the first Mewtwo was cloned from what the scientists believed to be a Mew fossil.
Who's to say they didn't accidentally revive a similar, yet more deadly creature that's been long extinct?
That's a good point. It could be assumed that the fossil was a Mew fossil when it really was a Mewtwo fossil. In that case, two Mewtwos are much more possible. By the way, I really hope that statement about "people don't have a sense of logic just because they can't accept that more than one Mewtwo is possible." wasn't directed towards me. I did provide explanation to my argument. If I didn't provide any explanation and evidence to my side, I wouldn't really care. But otherwise, I'm much more open to there being two Mewtwo's in the anime after giving it some more thought.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It wasn't exactly directed at you, but it was more or less the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. Ever since Newtwo's reveal, I've seen all over people using the Highlander logic of "There can be only one!".

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
It wasn't exactly directed at you, but it was more or less the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. Ever since Newtwo's reveal, I've seen all over people using the Highlander logic of "There can be only one!".
I can see that. I'm going to choose not to take a side for this "One Mewtwo" or "More than one Mewtwo" debate all over the internet.

Anyway, I was thinking about talking about something different other than the multiple Mewtwo theory. What percent chance do you guys think Mewtwo has as of this point of being in? I'd say like 87%

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
In regards to multiple Mewtwo theory, I say in-game canon is different from anime canon. There is one Mewtwo in the games, and it moves to Kalos from Kanto. In anime, there are two Mewtwo. At least that's how I take it...

I'm sure Mewtwo has a pretty high chance of being in...but it depends on the other characters in the game and how much time the team has to implement characters.

D

Deleted member

In regards to multiple Mewtwo theory, I say in-game canon is different from anime canon. There is one Mewtwo in the games, and it moves to Kalos from Kanto. In anime, there are two Mewtwo. At least that's how I take it...

I'm sure Mewtwo has a pretty high chance of being in...but it depends on the other characters in the game and how much time the team has to implement characters.
Then what about the one Sabrina has? :troll:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Canon/game logic go right out the door every time I use 2/3 Mewtwos in special battles. Mind you each was obtained from a different origin (Kanto Mewtwo from FR/LG/HG/SS; "Unova/Electro Ball event" AKA fanservice Mewtwo, and of course Kalos Mewtwo), and as such I consider them separate entities regardless of any credo/canon want to stick to.

Truthfully the only media that's stuck with the "There can only be one" mentality for the character is the Adventures Manga (and they had to go pretty as deep on why this is, spoilers aside).

D

Deleted member

Do you think Mewtwo will have a male or female voice?
I have no thought as to which one it will be.

However, I think there's a third option as to what voice it could have, which is gender neutral; the bestial grunts and screeches from Origins.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I think they should just stick to Melee Mewtwo. Just have him have ominous, evil sounding laughs and grunts. Yes... it is technically a male voice, but he won't really talk per se, he will just have that mysteriously evil and extremely powerful vibe that I do not think just screeches and pokemon sounds will allow him to have.

I also wish for his poses and attacks to remain the same in style. What I mean is, Mewtwo looked really badass while fighting in Melee and that made him feel incredibly good to play as. I mean he would cross his arms for most of his attacks or just plainly not move most of his body only relying on very specific movements. It would kind of look like he wasn't even trying to fight, like he was just showing off and in a sense it made it feel like he was much more powerful than he let on yet also very arrogant, it gave him a personality.

Seeing the Little Mac trailer (which to me is actually the best trailer out of the 4, although the Megaman one did have more Hype, but that was because it was Megaman, not because it was better than Little Mac's), and after seeing Megaman's and Rosalina's which were also both quite good, I am really wishing that if Mewtwo is included he is considered a newcomer. If he I will go as far as saying that I am glad he wasn't in Brawl just so he can have a newcomer video in this game xD.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I need to hear him say "Why am I here?", "Foolish" and "I cannot lose" in English. That would be great.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think they should just stick to Melee Mewtwo. Just have him have ominous, evil sounding laughs and grunts. Yes... it is technically a male voice, but he won't really talk per se, he will just have that mysteriously evil and extremely powerful vibe that I do not think just screeches and pokemon sounds will allow him to have.

I also wish for his poses and attacks to remain the same in style. What I mean is, Mewtwo looked really badass while fighting in Melee and that made him feel incredibly good to play as. I mean he would cross his arms for most of his attacks or just plainly not move most of his body only relying on very specific movements. It would kind of look like he wasn't even trying to fight, like he was just showing off and in a sense it made it feel like he was much more powerful than he let on yet also very arrogant, it gave him a personality.

Seeing the Little Mac trailer (which to me is actually the best trailer out of the 4, although the Megaman one did have more Hype, but that was because it was Megaman, not because it was better than Little Mac's), and after seeing Megaman's and Rosalina's which were also both quite good, I am really wishing that if Mewtwo is included he is considered a newcomer. If he I will go as far as saying that I am glad he wasn't in Brawl just so he can have a newcomer video in this game xD.
I totally agree.

I want to see Mega Mewtwo Y as like a Final Smash where he turns into Mega Mewtwo Y and uses Psystrike.

I wasn't really excited at all to see Little Mac, he was a meh character, it wasn't a good time to reveal him, I wated to either Diddy and Dixie or King K Rool because of Tropical Freeze being released in Japan or since we saw Lucario, reveal Mewttwo as a Newcomer to get the whole Mewtwo vs Lucario thing going.

D

Deleted member

I need to hear him say "Why am I here?", "Foolish" and "I cannot lose" in English. That would be great.
The lines would probably be changed for a dubbed voice, except maybe "Why am I here?" since that was a line in the movie. (But even then, it's not safe, considering "The Aura is with me!" was changed to "The Aura is mine!" between Lucario's movie and Brawl...)
"Foolish" would likely become "Fool." like in Pokémon Puzzle League, or "How foolish.", "You fool(s)", etc.
"I cannot lose", going by speech patterns are usually given to a Mewtwo voice, would likely become something on the order of "I cannot be defeated."

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
The lines would probably be changed for a dubbed voice, except maybe "Why am I here?" since that was a line in the movie. (But even then, it's not safe, considering "The Aura is with me!" was changed to "The Aura is mine!" between Lucario's movie and Brawl...)
"Foolish" would likely become "Fool." like in Pokémon Puzzle League, or "How foolish.", "You fool(s)", etc.
"I cannot lose", going by speech patterns are usually given to a Mewtwo voice, would likely become something on the order of "I cannot be defeated."
It would still be awesome anyways.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Am I the only one who still thinks Mewtwo being shown or listed as a newcomer would be kinda silly and overdoing it for its return? I just don't see the sense in Mewtwo being treated as such when it's clearly not a new character.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who still thinks Mewtwo being shown or listed as a newcomer would be kinda silly and overdoing it for its return? I just don't see the sense in Mewtwo being treated as such when it's clearly not a new character.
He's not "new", but he's arguably the most requested character for SSB4. A trailer to promote his very anticipated return would be a smart move on Sakurai's part, I'd think. Look at Sonic, he got a mini-trailer for his reveal despite being in the last Smash.

D

Deleted member

Problem is, with how other fighting games list returning fighters (as in, they missed at least the previous game in the franchise) as "new" characters, Smash can easily go the same route.

Remember Street Fighter IV? When Super Street Fighter IV came around, T. Hawk and Dee Jay, the remaining two fighters form Street Fighter II that hadn't returned after being absent in Street Fighter III and were planned for IV but cut for time restraints (ironically, just like Mewtwo), were counted as new characters.
As were returning characters from III and/or the Alpha games Guy, Cody, Ibuki, Adon, Makoto and Dudley.
Literally, the only new characters Super introduced were Hakan and Juri. But all 10 were labeled as "new".

Same with Arcade Edition with Yun, Yang, and Evil Ryu. Oni was the only brand new addition to the franchise, but all 4 were "new" characters.

And now again with Ultra Street Fighter IV, with Hugo, Rolento, Elena, and Poison being "new" characters, when all of them were previously in Street Fighter X Tekken and all except Poison were in a previous Street Fighter before that. The only new character is the one that's currently undisclosed, yet all 5 are...."new".

I'd list more examples that don't have to do with Street Fighter, but I don't want to make it more of a wall of text than it already is.
My point is, even if Mewtwo isn't technically a brand new character, Mewtwo is still open for being considered a "Newcomer" to Smash 4 since he wasn't in Brawl. Especially due to the very definition of the word "newcomer", but that's for another post.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
He's not "new", but he's arguably the most requested character for SSB4. A trailer to promote his very anticipated return would be a smart move on Sakurai's part, I'd think. Look at Sonic, he got a mini-trailer for his reveal despite being in the last Smash.
Oh, I'm more than fine with Mewtwo getting a trailer for its return, don't get me wrong. I just meant seeing a "Newcomer: Mewtwo!" banner or something during its reveal which would be kinda... redundant, if you ask me.

Forgot about those Street Fighter sort of examples though, so I guess I'll concede to that probably happening.

PrincessZelda19

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo is an awesome character to bring back and they said his final smash would be to turn into Mewthree?? The new form for Mewtwo is okay but I still prefer his same looks

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
First at the end of the next newcomer vid you will hear his laugh that he does in his taunt for a while and then the vid ends.
Speculation arises for a couple months and at E3 the nintendo vid starts with laugh and Mewtwo battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom