• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Sa
Guys, check Nintendo's twitter, this is maletwo so femaletwo is out of the question.

And i am glad that Jay Goede is alive and i hope he voice acts Mewtwo, though i hope he doesn't talk sentences during his attacks, that would ruin Mewtwo's character. He should, however, still make those melee-like noises, only this time Jay Goede could do the Mewtwo noises as opposed to the Japanese actor (who universally voice acted Mewtwo i believe). I wouldn't mind Mewtwo talking for a max of two of the taunts though.
Same here. That makes me happy to find out he's still alive and it was just confusion that spread. I liked Jay Goede's voice as Mewtwo a lot so that would be amazing to see him reprise his role. Sean Schemmel reprised his role as Lucario, so it's possible Goede's could for Mewtwo. I feel Mewtwo's voice would work similar to Lucario where he only speaks in the victory poses, a taunt or two, and maybe the final smash.

Spirst

I've been gone for quite a bit but what does this have to do with anything?
Mewtwo has been cited as a "he" on Twitter and is historically known as such (though Mewtwo is technically genderless). Majority of the people want Mewtwo to have a male voice and as such, a female voice would be a slap in the face. The voice actor for the original movie, Jay Goede (misnamed as Philip Bartlett), was believed to have passed away years ago. However, we recently found out this isn't the case and that it was a huge misunderstanding. So, with the voice actor still alive and Mewtwo being cited as a male, he's saying that he'll laugh his butt off if Sakurai disregards all this and just gives him a female voice instead (another Mewtwo had a female voice in movie 16).

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I really don't give a **** if Mewtwo has a male or female voice. However, knowing Sakurai, I might have an idea of what he'll do. He'll give Mewtwo the Robin/WFT Treatment. Have four costumes use a male voice and have the other four use a female voice, to represent all parts of Mewtwo's history. In that case, calling Mewtwo a he on twitter would confirm that the default costume, (female for WFT, male for Robin) would be male-voiced for Mewtwo.

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
I really don't give a **** if Mewtwo has a male or female voice. However, knowing Sakurai, I might have an idea of what he'll do. He'll give Mewtwo the Robin/WFT Treatment. Have four costumes use a male voice and have the other four use a female voice, to represent all parts of Mewtwo's history. In that case, calling Mewtwo a he on twitter would confirm that the default costume, (female for WFT, male for Robin) would be male-voiced for Mewtwo.
How would you distinguish them then if they only change the voice?

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
While I prefer recycling Mewtwo's melee voice I don't care what I get. I'm still getting my Mewtwo fix and I'm not the kind of person that goes around Sonic forums yelling "SONIC IS RUINED BECAUSE HE'S BEING VOICED BY GRIFFITH INSTEAD OF URKEL" or whatever.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
While I prefer recycling Mewtwo's melee voice I don't care what I get. I'm still getting my Mewtwo fix and I'm not the kind of person that goes around Sonic forums yelling "SONIC IS RUINED BECAUSE HE'S BEING VOICED BY GRIFFITH INSTEAD OF URKEL" or whatever.
You are a very lucky person then...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo is Mewtwo, regardless of the voice. Its all perception in the end, as he will always be the most powerful Pokemon to have ever existed.

Last edited:

Spirst

Yeah, Mewtwo is great regardless but I'd be lying if I said I didn't mind having a female voice instead or a decent-fitting voice. I've waited like 6 years for this character to reemerge in Smash and I'd appreciate it if it wasn't disappointing in that regard.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
That's actually the most logical idea I can think of. That way both Mega Mewtwo's could be in the game with their final smashes.

I would love it if Sakurai does this, actually. It would be really cool. I don't mind the female Mewtwo. I would overall prefer male Mewtwo, but both would be nice too.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
So, what's everyone think of Mewtwo's updates in PM 3.5?

D

Deleted member

After learning that Philip Bartlett (a.k.a. Jay Goede) is still alive, he's the only acceptable option for the voice now.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Slightly annoyed he received the nerfs he did but it was for the sake of balancing so Im okay with it.
Honestly I see it as more of a mix of buffs and nerfs. It feels easier to hit with his tail despite it being shortened, and the smoother animation helps me memorize frames better. Also it feels much easier to woop. I had a hard time mastering it before and now it comes a bit more naturally. I don't like that you can't attack out of a teleport anymore, but I rarely used it as a finisher anyway.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I thought you could act out of teleport as long as you don't double jump or plan to. It's not like they pulled a Melee Kirby on Mewtwo so its all good.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I think his dodging animation sends you too far away from the other guy its hard to dodge and give him or her a good counter attack.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Project M has scratched my itch to see Mewtwo in the high tiers (where he belongs!), but it certainly wouldn't hurt if he just so happened to end up a pro favorite in SSB4 as well...

D

Deleted member

To be honest (man, that is probably the 28th time i have started a sentence with those words), There aren't many differences between Male and Female two, so i don't think that Sakurai would waste Mewtwo's costumes on her, besides, essentially, it would just be two of each costume, thus impairing Mewtwo's aesthetic options like what happened to Olimar/Alph. You also have to remember that Femaletwo isn't canon, nor is the pokemon anime, and so far, no inspiration has been taken from it. I think that the whole Femtwo has arose much controversy that isn't relavent at all, i mean, OK, a certain species of anything whether clone or not is going to have the same gender, so anime wise one Mewtwo is male, and the genetics for the other deemed it to be Female, Mewtwo never "changed" genders, nor is Femaletwo anymore than a flawed experiment, if anything, the attraction of that movie was moreso for Genesect than for Fakertwo.

But pure canon wise, Mewtwo isn't stated to have a currently known gender, however from physical traits and its cry height, masculine feline/human feature etc. If a pokeball were aimed at one's starter they would probably assume it to be male. nonetheless Melee Mewtwo had a male voice, and despite Mewtwo commonly saying "Watashi" which in Japanese is a more feminine word (though some men use it to refer to themselves in high regard), in Ai No Uta (Pikmin) the Pikmin refer to Olimar (who is male) as Watashi as well, thus meaning absolutely nothing regarding Mewtwo's gender. And calling Mewtwo a new fighter also has nothing to do with anything because during the first Smash Direct, once it was over, on the smashbros site they had the "WARNING! Challenger approaching" thing for ZSS and Yoshi despite them being in previous iterations, so in the 50-Fact Extravaganza they probably were simply saying that Mewtwo is a new fighter... to be joining the roster of Super Smash Bros For Wii U and 3DS.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
To be honest (man, that is probably the 28th time i have started a sentence with those words), There aren't many differences between Male and Female two, so i don't think that Sakurai would waste Mewtwo's costumes on her, besides, essentially, it would just be two of each costume, thus impairing Mewtwo's aesthetic options like what happened to Olimar/Alph. You also have to remember that Femaletwo isn't canon, nor is the pokemon anime, and so far, no inspiration has been taken from it. I think that the whole Femtwo has arose much controversy that isn't relavent at all, i mean, OK, a certain species of anything whether clone or not is going to have the same gender, so anime wise one Mewtwo is male, and the genetics for the other deemed it to be Female, Mewtwo never "changed" genders, nor is Femaletwo anymore than a flawed experiment, if anything, the attraction of that movie was moreso for Genesect than for Fakertwo.

But pure canon wise, Mewtwo isn't stated to have a currently known gender, however from physical traits and its cry height, masculine feline/human feature etc. If a pokeball were aimed at one's starter they would probably assume it to be male. nonetheless Melee Mewtwo had a male voice, and despite Mewtwo commonly saying "Watashi" which in Japanese is a more feminine word (though some men use it to refer to themselves in high regard), in Ai No Uta (Pikmin) the Pikmin refer to Olimar (who is male) as Watashi as well, thus meaning absolutely nothing regarding Mewtwo's gender. And calling Mewtwo a new fighter also has nothing to do with anything because during the first Smash Direct, once it was over, on the smashbros site they had the "WARNING! Challenger approaching" thing for ZSS and Yoshi despite them being in previous iterations, so in the 50-Fact Extravaganza they probably were simply saying that Mewtwo is a new fighter... to be joining the roster of Super Smash Bros For Wii U and 3DS.

So what your saying is...

Femtwo is not relevent anymore and is a returning fighter.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
We need a huge banner saying that Mewtwo's VA is alive and we need to spread it everywhere to make it clear.

EDIT: I've handled that.

Copy this image and post it whenever someone is confused about "Bartlett"'s death.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom