• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Why isn't the news of Goede spreading? I think it's big news that Mewtwo's voice actor is still alive.

Spirst

I had no idea of any of this and wow, I'm really surprised.

"Jay Goede is a New York-based stage actor and artist. In voiceover he is best known as the voice of Mewtwo in Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back and Pokémon Live. He was also the voice of its creator, Dr. Fuji . He was credited as Philip Bartlett in the movie, which resulted in massive confusion regarding the actor's identity when a man with a similar name and background died in late 2001. His roles were succeeded by Dan Green in Mewtwo Returns and Eric Stuart in Mewtwo's Origin, respectively."

Can't believe all it took was a small simple search.

Last edited:

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
No, it's going to be the gaming in the clinton years guy. And he will be the one to voice Mewtwo.
Holy crap, someone besides me who knows who George Wood is?! He was a strange enough man without faking his death.

"If you do not play Smash Bros, you are STUPID. Yeah, I know, it's offensive, but it's also the truth."

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Good to know he's still alive. I actually thought he was deceased for years now.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
And Wikipedia has corrected it in the last hour or so. This has been a good day. :)

Edit: Now IMDB needs to fix their profile of "Philip Bartlett".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And Wikipedia has corrected it in the last hour or so. This has been a good day. :)

Edit: Now IMDB needs to fix their profile of "Philip Bartlett".
Now Wikipedia has a new error; they're claiming Dan Green voiced Mewtwo in Puzzle League.

Goede may not have actively recorded clips for Puzzle League, but those clips are clearly his and not Green's.

EDIT: I keep spelling his name wrong...I guess that's what happens when I keep reading the name similarly to Geodude.

Last edited by a moderator:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
It's like a trinket from my childhood, lost at sea long ago, just washed ashore.

Still, if he hasn't reprised his role since the first movie it's rather unlikely he will return to it.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Now that I hear Philli- err Jay Goede is actually alive, I hope they approach. Dan Green would be fine, but Goede would be a dream come true.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I had no idea of any of this and wow, I'm really surprised.

"Jay Goede is a New York-based stage actor and artist. In voiceover he is best known as the voice of Mewtwo in Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back and Pokémon Live. He was also the voice of its creator, Dr. Fuji . He was credited as Philip Bartlett in the movie, which resulted in massive confusion regarding the actor's identity when a man with a similar name and background died in late 2001. His roles were succeeded by Dan Green in Mewtwo Returns and Eric Stuart in Mewtwo's Origin, respectively."

Can't believe all it took was a small simple search.
I'm still amazed at this, honestly. The Mewtwo I believed dead is alive.

Jay Goede just has to voice Mewtwo this time. I'll accept mono-Japanese Mewtwo, but with the possibility of a role reprisal I want it to happen so bad.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It's like a trinket from my childhood, lost at sea long ago, just washed ashore.

Still, if he hasn't reprised his role since the first movie it's rather unlikely he will return to it.
Yeah... :\

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Just got the Pokemon Trading Card game on 3DS virtual console. Warm, pleasant nostalgia that will probably be ruined once I get 4 Bills and Professor Oaks and get reminded of how horrifyingly broken the pokemon card game was. Anyways I can't wait to rebuild my Movie Mewtwo based deck that renders Computer Search and Super Energy Removal drawbacks meaningless :)

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
So my friend and I had a crazy idea. What if Smashers resembled or had features of their mains IRL? I got bored and now you can find out!

Hungrybox is perhaps the best 'Puff out there, but is he this good?

Mang0's got a few mains, but he's known for his highly technical Fox. Is this how he hears your every movement?

When you think Falco, you might think Dr. PP!

And lastly here's a somewhat lesser known Smasher called LoveGame, who loves to main Mewtwo like the other Smashers in this thread!

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Not only should Jay Goede voice Mewtwo again for nostalgia and how bad*** his voice was, but because its going to shock a lot of people who download Mewtwo or if a reveal trailer has him speaking. That is of course news dosn't break about him being alive before next year

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So my friend and I had a crazy idea. What if Smashers resembled or had features of their mains IRL? I got bored and now you can find out!

Mang0's got a few mains, but he's known for his highly technical Fox. Is this how he hears your every movement?

And lastly here's a somewhat lesser known Smasher called LoveGame, who loves to main Mewtwo like the other Smashers in this thread!
the FRICK are you smoking?

:seuss:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick

The caption for that first one should be "When I pulled a Rest read on your brother I talked. Like. THIIIIIIIIS."

If only I could have Wolf's beard. Last time I tried to have a beard it looked like crap and only grew around my neck. Yeah that did not tell me promising things about my genetics.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Not only should Jay Goede voice Mewtwo again for nostalgia and how bad*** his voice was, but because its going to shock a lot of people who download Mewtwo or if a reveal trailer has him speaking. That is of course news dosn't break about him being alive before next year
I can already hear people Groudon screaming at this. :estatic:

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
The caption for that first one should be "When I pulled a Rest read on your brother I talked. Like. THIIIIIIIIS."

If only I could have Wolf's beard. Last time I tried to have a beard it looked like crap and only grew around my neck. Yeah that did not tell me promising things about my genetics.
Yeah, I hate having facial hair for the most part. I only have a soul patch, as you can see in my pic.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Yeah, I hate having facial hair for the most part. I only have a soul patch, as you can see in my pic.
Aw, man, I'm really sorry! What hurt you so bad you had to get a soul patch? It sounds really painful, and, just so you know, I'm here for you, if you ever need me.

I love how off-beat this thread can get, but it somehow still pertains to the topic. It's great.

And, uh, when you leave, f-fate, uh ,fate into control of fate, well, huehuehue, uh, thats chaos theory.
If you can't find a way, I know a group of Sneasel that can help you out.

D

Deleted member

Guys, check Nintendo's twitter, this is maletwo so femaletwo is out of the question.

And i am glad that Jay Goede is alive and i hope he voice acts Mewtwo, though i hope he doesn't talk sentences during his attacks, that would ruin Mewtwo's character. He should, however, still make those melee-like noises, only this time Jay Goede could do the Mewtwo noises as opposed to the Japanese actor (who universally voice acted Mewtwo i believe). I wouldn't mind Mewtwo talking for a max of two of the taunts though.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Aw, man, I'm really sorry! What hurt you so bad you had to get a soul patch? It sounds really painful, and, just so you know, I'm here for you, if you ever need me.

I love how off-beat this thread can get, but it somehow still pertains to the topic. It's great.

If you can't find a way, I know a group of Sneasel that can help you out.
I didn't even notice a grammar error lol. but don't you love my tail and ears?

D

Deleted member

If you could link this particular tweet in the Voice thread it would be great.
----------------------------------------------------
Nintendo UKVerified account‏@NintendoUK
WARNING! Mewtwo arrives in spring 2015! Register both versions in a promotional period & get him for free! #SmashBros

Retweet
Favorite
More

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/525415360242393088
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I "ripped" this straight from the site. also... WARNING! Mewtwo arrives in spring 2015! Register both versions in a promotional period & get him for free! #SmashBros

(srry if this sounds like trolling but the femtwo stuff has to end now, i don't mind female characters like presumably Jigglypuff, but Mewtwo won't and never will officially be a female in Nintendo canon so let go of that, also, you don't need MMY to balance out MCX, that's not how most video games work, neither MMX nor MMY are Mewtwo's final smash, in the 50-fact extravaganza they were under "Trophies, not Final Smash Trophies." again, not to troll, sorry if i did)

:(

Oh.. someone beat me to it (the link, that is.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom