• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I saw that today. Nintendo's Social Media team really likes to have fun with their job.

Also, this is several pages late but HOLY ****BALLS PHILIP BARTLETT ISN'T DEAD. I was so bummed after first hearing that Mewtwo's original VA supposedly died during open heart surgery. While it probably won't happen, I REALLY hope he voices Mewtwo for Sm4sh.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hmm...you know, I would love to add and play some of you guys if you're interested. :) I mean, even if Mewtwo isn't playable yet, I still recognize a lot of you from the past year of support. :3 Send me a message or tag me in a post and we'll do some rounds.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Pretty shocked that Mewtwo's voice actor is alive. Just goes to show you just how next to worthless some of the information on Wikipedia is, sheesh. [citation needed]

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Hmm...you know, I would love to add and play some of you guys if you're interested. :) I mean, even if Mewtwo isn't playable yet, I still recognize a lot of you from the past year of support. :3 Send me a message or tag me in a post and we'll do some rounds.
Sure, my FC's in my posts; I'll add yours.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Heh, I never turn down a challenge from a worthy foe. Anyone here on Mewtwo's turf is my rival and my equal to be the best player, sense Mewtwo is one of my future mains. My friend code is in my posts.

Spirst

We still need to have multiple big Mewtwo circlejerks FFAs when he's finally out. Think he'll get a stage?

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
We still need to have multiple big Mewtwo circlejerks FFAs when he's finally out. Think he'll get a stage?
Maybe, its hard to tell with what Sakurai, or just the stage designers, want to do with the stages this time around.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Just watched Gamexplain's video on the clapping animations for the Wii U version (bored atm so why not?), and I remembered that Mewtwo never clapped in Melee, so I hope he keeps his arms folded with that bitter "You were merely lucky this time, I'll decimate you in the next battle" attitude, rather than them do what they did with Diddy, changing his old Brawl animation to giving him a clap animation for this game. Does anyone else agree with me on that?
As a side note, I went from having 6 definite mains (Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Sonic, Greninja, Lucina, and Shulk) to considering 4 more (Marth, Falco, Lucario, and Robin)...SOMEONE HELP ME, I'VE GOT TOO MANY MAINS!!!

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Not even Pikachu has a stage to itself so I doubt it.

You all can find me chillin' near the edge of the bottom platform of the battlefield. The under part of the platform will be waiting for you.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Heh, I never turn down a challenge from a worthy foe. Anyone here on Mewtwo's turf is my rival and my equal to be the best player, sense Mewtwo is one of my future mains. My friend code is in my posts.
Sure, my FC's in my posts; I'll add yours.
Adding you all. Prepare to dine in Valhalla.

Spirst

What do you guys think of Mewtwo in 1.0.4? I feel like the the teleport range was buffed as was the shadow ball range. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Just watched Gamexplain's video on the clapping animations for the Wii U version (bored atm so why not?), and I remembered that Mewtwo never clapped in Melee, so I hope he keeps his arms folded with that bitter "You were merely lucky this time, I'll decimate you in the next battle" attitude, rather than them do what they did with Diddy, changing his old Brawl animation to giving him a clap animation for this game. Does anyone else agree with me on that?
Huh.
I never really noticed they changed Diddy's animation. Though I suppose without having the Pokémon Trainer to hang his head in shame or the Ice Climbers to wipe their tears at losing, having Diddy be the only character not to applaud the victor may have been seen as an issue.
Might be an exception for Mewtwo when considering it would be entirely out of character for him to do so no matter which take on the character is used. Even Ganondorf has a sense of honor that makes him applauding (though begrudgingly) reasonable.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Huh.
I never really noticed they changed Diddy's animation. Though I suppose without having the Pokémon Trainer to hang his head in shame or the Ice Climbers to wipe their tears at losing, having Diddy be the only character not to applaud the victor may have been seen as an issue.
Might be an exception for Mewtwo when considering it would be entirely out of character for him to do so no matter which take on the character is used. Even Ganondorf has a sense of honor that makes him applauding (though begrudgingly) reasonable.
Doesn't Wario clap and then "Boo!" them periodically? They might have changed that.
Also, I'm in total support of Mewtwo using an animation similar to his Melee one. It would just be strange to see Mewtwo clap for an opponent. He's too powerful and arrogant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Doesn't Wario clap and then "Boo!" them periodically? They might have changed that.
Also, I'm in total support of Mewtwo using an animation similar to his Melee one. It would just be strange to see Mewtwo clap for an opponent. He's too powerful and arrogant.
They didn't. In fact, they enhanced it with more facial movement as he boos them by giving him a ****-eating grin as he does so.
If Wario can applaud, so can Mewtwo.
Wario applauds outside Smash as well.
Hell, one of the Party Games in WarioWare: Mega Party Minigame$ is to clap for players that complete the microgames while doing what the doctor tells them to do.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Huh.
Actually, Jigglypuff doesn't clap, Jiggs just kinda tilts body around like "What am I doing here?" or "What's clapping?"
If Wario can applaud, so can Mewtwo.
Leaving Jiggs as the only one who doesn't? Plus the fact it'd seem out of character for Mewtwo.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Im also going to add you all so we can play sometime. Im getting the New 3ds on Friday so it will be nice to test out its c-stick.

D

Deleted member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C0lbZ59RMs
That's more like Kirby, and at least he tries. Jigglypuff is at the timestamp 1:44 and it looks like Jiggs just doesn't care.
Considering this is a Mewtwo thread, this should be the last I post about Jigglypuff and Kirby, but I'd like to point out that Kirby is actually able to clap and touch his hands together. If you slow the video down, you see him actually touching his hands over his head, not just barely missing.
He's also shown to do this on Wii Fit Trainer's poster despite struggling to do so in her trailer.

Jigglypuff, on the other hand, is really unable to do so, given that her hands/arms are much shorter and stubbier than Kirby's.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Considering this is a Mewtwo thread, this should be the last I post about Jigglypuff and Kirby, but I'd like to point out that Kirby is actually able to clap and touch his hands together. If you slow the video down, you see him actually touching his hands over his head, not just barely missing.
He's also shown to do this on Wii Fit Trainer's poster despite struggling to do so in her trailer.

Jigglypuff, on the other hand, is really unable to do so, given that her hands/arms are much shorter and stubbier than Kirby's.

/relevant

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991

I guess they could make it work, but it just seems better for him to have the bitter and "You were merely lucky," attitude that he had in Melee then make him clap along with everyone else imo.

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
i'm on the side of "i don't think he should clap", but If Mewtwo does clap i would like it to be a reaaaally slow clap, like he's been told to clap for the winner but he really doesn't want to so he claps in a slow, "i'm not really happy for you" kind of way.

and really it doesn't matter if he doesn't clap in this version either. i mean it's the same as him being one of the only ones that didn't clap in Melee.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Nah man are you kidding? He's been nerfed so hard, everyone else is so strong and they had the audacity to do nothing of the sort with him. It's as if he's non-existent in the meta right now!

Spirst

Nah man are you kidding? He's been nerfed so hard, everyone else is so strong and they had the audacity to do nothing of the sort with him. It's as if he's non-existent in the meta right now!
So basically, Mewtwo in Melee. :(

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
On the bright side, they didn't nerf Mewtwo's lack of hitboxes and a model so it still cannot be damaged or knocked out ultimately giving it the advantage in a war of attrition.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I can't wait for the day when we can talk about this stuff seriously.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
I literally cannot even imagine Mewtwo clapping, his hands just aren't meant for it.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Would you be interested in playing right now, Lovegame?
Lol didn't even see this post til now, but I'd love to do some Smash! Maybe even doubles if 4 of us are on!

Been playing a lot of FE Awakening lately so I wasn't on Smash as much.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
We are so lucky.

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-no-premium-smash-bros-dlc-currently-planned-more/

On any plans for additional characters or stages as DLC…

I understand that DLC could add a lot to the appeal of Smash Bros., and I appreciate that a major part of the excitement for these games come from which characters will appear in the roster, so I think fans could really enjoy DLC that could keep this excitement going. However, I think there might be criticism that we are cutting up content to sell characters one by one, or that we are adding things later that should have been there from the start.

Creating a single fighter involves a huge investment, and we’ve already been giving it our all and investing a lot of work in the characters currently available in the game and, I think it’s an incredible package in terms of the sheer amount of content in the game. But it might be that people may not understand and may think that I am not offering enough by just looking at DLC itself.

In light of this, we always need to weigh up both sides of this topic and carefully consider whether it really is best to have DLC or not.

However, what I can say now about paid DLC is that we aren’t working on anything at the moment. We’ve put all our efforts into making the actual game. Creating DLC would involve large additional costs and require the involvement of a lot of people. I can’t yet give you an answer about whether the price would justify the costs and criticisms mentioned above.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
*sigh* Sakurai, everyone would understand if you talked about the development process. Just look at the MK8 devs. Or you could make all DLC free for those who have both versions to soften the blow
That's what I was thinking.
But hey, we have the "Smash 6 DLC" to look forward to. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom