• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
H-h-how?! It isn't released yet...;~;
He pre-ordered the game

What he saying is hes getting mewtwo in 2015

As am i as well i got a 3ds version just a couple of weeks ago

And the wii u one is pre-ordered (need to switch to the 99$ bundle though they are sold out on adaptors alone.)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
As for why Mewtwo isn’t paid content from the start, releasing that character is an experiment meant to act as a foothold in content distribution; thus it’s simply meant as part of the service we’re providing to gamers.
The bolded part is what I think is key. If he sees that Mewtwo is sufficiently popular, and worth the time and effort of developing him, we could see more DLC in the future.

Also I get a kick out of referring to Mewtwo as an 'experiment', even if it is in a different context.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
if its an experiment i hope its a success. i wanna see more, if possible. still, hes a stressed out guy. he should get a break in. (still, its surprising how young he looks, despite the stressed, is the fountain of youth in japan....?)
Sakurai is the fountain of youth.

Sakurai is immortal.jpg

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Sakurai is the fountain of youth.

View attachment 30354
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think he looks younger now than he did in 1983? It's absolutely ridiculous.
I remember when I first saw a picture of Sakurai, I thought, Wow! This guy can't a day older than 25! Then I learned he was 40-something and I was like:
This guy's basically a modern-day Methuselah.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The bolded part is what I think is key. If he sees that Mewtwo is sufficiently popular, and worth the time and effort of developing him, we could see more DLC in the future.

Also I get a kick out of referring to Mewtwo as an 'experiment', even if it is in a different context.
You could fit the dialogue from Mewtwo Strikes Back perfectly here.

" So, I am the end result of your experiment. What becomes of me now that your experiment is over?"

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I hope it just stops at the dialog and there is no abrupt genocide going on at the Sora ltd. office.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Everyone pack your bags, there's gonna be a Smash tournament at New Island apparently.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Welp in 2 days is the wii u version

So tomorrow im going to register the 3ds version of smash tomorrow and the 3ds Itself

Then the wii u version on friday and connect my account to nintendo club in the eshop of wii u

And as for the testing thing

Don't worry guys mewtwo is the perfect canidate for prooving to sakurai dlc is popular hes the most requested

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Maybe Mewtwo is free to players who own one version or both but the players with a single copy would need to wait a while after the players with both versions could.

Going back to the Mewtwo/Femtwo discussion
They won't be alts, if they were Pikachu would of defintaly got one due to the tail being diffenrent.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm happy Sakurai went with Mewtwo as the experiment of distribution. Makes his inclusion seem all the more special.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Mewtwo just got delayed! He needs to take a long ass piss from drinking Greninja's tears after the 1.04 patch. He's a water type you know.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Mewtwo just got delayed! He needs to take a long *** piss from drinking Greninja's tears after the 1.04 patch. He's a water type you know.
I laughed at that more than I should have... You know, after that early thread on the Greninja subforum about drinking Mewtwo fans' tears and all.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Personally I prefer all the GreninjaXMewtwo slash art that appeared in the wake of the Greninja vs Mewtwo fan controv- I said nothing.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Will there even be a code? I thought you just receive him for having both versions.
Promotion participants who qualify between 23:00 (UK time) on January 20th and 22:59 (UK time) on March 31st 2015 will be able to add the powerful character Mewtwo to their game by claiming two free download codes – one for Wii U, one for Nintendo 3DS.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Promotion participants who qualify between 23:00 (UK time) on January 20th and 22:59 (UK time) on March 31st 2015 will be able to add the powerful character Mewtwo to their game by claiming two free download codes – one for Wii U, one for Nintendo 3DS.
oooohh.....o.o

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
So "Spring 2015" meant "March 31st, 2015". That's actually amazing, because Spring 2015 could have been April or may or even mid-June. I just hope Mewtwo comes with other stuff, like a song, a stage on each version, a reveal trailer, etc.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So "Spring 2015" meant "March 31st, 2015". That's actually amazing, because Spring 2015 could have been April or may or even mid-June. I just hope Mewtwo comes with other stuff, like a song, a stage on each version, a reveal trailer, etc.
Song: maybe.
Stage: Likely only on the U version,
Reveal: Hopefully, considering the trailers are extremely popular and didn't stop even after release. It'd also be the perfect way to show off another character for a future DLC.

Spirst

Wii U version coming out EST in less than six hours.

WE ARE NOW CLOSER TO GETTING MEWTWO

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wii U version coming out EST in less than six hours.

WE ARE NOW CLOSER TO GETTING MEWTWO
Yep

I just registered the 3ds version of smash this morning so im going to pick up smash wii u tomorrow then register that

(ps hope theres atleast 1 to 5 adaptors left despite the not avaible on gamestop)

and I will be really happy if in the book/paper back guide has a mewtwo section on it but I really doubt it (to explain shuma gorah and jill valentine section was in the mvc3 guide despite not being out yet)

Spirst

Yep

I just registered the 3ds version of smash this morning so im going to pick up smash wii u tomorrow then register that

(ps hope theres atleast 1 to 5 adaptors left despite the not avaible on gamestop)

and I will be really happy if in the book/paper back guide has a mewtwo section on it but I really doubt it (to explain shuma gorah and jill valentine section was in the mvc3 guide despite not being out yet)
I ordered the adapter from Best Buy and it's going to be here tomorrow during mid-day. I'm getting the game itself from GameStop at midnight which means I won't be able to use a GCC for the night but ehh, worse things could happen. At least I'll still be able to use a GCC on release day even if it isn't right at midnight.

That would be cool, yeah, but I doubt it. We'll see though.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So I heard about Mewtwo being a 'DLC Experiment'. By the way, I've got a bit of a conundrum, and I'm not sure I'd be able to get Mewtwo as a free DLC for both games: I misplaced my Club Nintendo card to register Smash 3DS, but I intend to get register the Wii U version when it comes out in a week's time (For Australia) - does this mean that I'd get Mewtwo for free in the Wii U version but have to pay for him in the 3DS version?

Spirst

So I heard about Mewtwo being a 'DLC Experiment'. By the way, I've got a bit of a conundrum, and I'm not sure I'd be able to get Mewtwo as a free DLC for both games: I misplaced my Club Nintendo card to register Smash 3DS, but I intend to get register the Wii U version when it comes out in a week's time (For Australia) - does this mean that I'd get Mewtwo for free in the Wii U version but have to pay for him in the 3DS version?
Unfortunately, no, it means you don't get Mewtwo for free at all for either. In order to be eligible for the free Mewtwo code, you have to have BOTH registered. Having just one version registered means you'll have to pay like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom