• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirst

Shorts kid should've been a playable character. His gameplay can be based somewhat on Rosalina and Luma but his other guy is his Rattata. He can also grab and tether to ledges with his Ekans. His Up+ B is like a dragon punch and then he parachutes down with his shorts. His Down+B has him covering something with his shorts like those prisoner guys from Metal Slug and what he's hiding will either be a small explosive or a food item.
So, Youngster Joey.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/youngster-joey

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
A Skype group would be awesome. We could all play Smash together. Mewtwo only. 8v8. No items. Cerulean Cave (if only)
You thought taunt parties were great? Now introducing Woop Woop parties where all 8 Mewtwos pick a spot of Hyrule Temple to repeatedly ledgestall with teleport. Anyone with the audacity to go against the flow will be sentenced to death by all the other Mewtwos doing group N.Airs on the hellion and eliminated with a ceremonial up-throw.

They are two completely different people. Shorts Kid is from Kanto and infamously greets the player with how much he likes to wear his comfortable and easy to wear shorts before engaging in battle.

Spirst

You thought taunt parties were great? Now introducing Woop Woop parties where all 8 Mewtwos pick a spot of Hyrule Temple to repeatedly ledgestall with teleport. Anyone with the audacity to go against the flow will be sentenced to death by all the other Mewtwos doing group N.Airs on the hellion and eliminated with a ceremonial up-throw.

They are two completely different people. Shorts Kid is from Kanto and infamously greets the player with how much he likes to wear his comfortable and easy to wear shorts before engaging in battle.
Oh, got the two mixed up. Now I want Youngster Joey and Rattata in though.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

May I be the one to execute said ceremonial U-Throw?
Oh, got the two mixed up. Now I want Youngster Joey and Rattata in though.
But that wouldn't be fair! Joey's Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattata. He would obliterate the rest of the cast. I mean, he could actually hold his own in a fight against Mewtwo!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Off topic, but may I compliment your avatar? Just when I thought it couldn't complement your witty, well-thought-out commentary any further, you add a Seuss hat.
Well played, sir. Well played.
And the Seuss hat wasn't my idea either, the credit there goes to @Lizardon.

I liked it, so I thought "sure, Wynaut."

:seuss:

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
That moment when you realize FEAR works on Mewtwo... I think.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
"So, you made it in before me, did you?" Mewtwo sneers as he lands smoothly on the ground- a psychic aura still surrounding his body.
"It would seem so. I was wondering when you'd finally decide to show up. Perhaps it's true that your fame IS fleeting." Charizard grunts and a jeer flame shoots from his mouth.
Mewtwo glares and his eyes flash blue for a split second. "I was here first. I am the strongest Pokemon in the world, you insolent fool. Perhaps its time that I teach you your place."
"Hm. Well honestly, you're the only real competition in terms of Pokemon. Perhaps you don't understand that this is exactly what I wanted to hear from you. I want a fight that is actually a fight- one where I can show my full potential!" A glowing flame envelops Charizard. "I know that I may not stand a chance in my regular forme. But you will know true strength!!" Charizard roars and stands proudly in his "Mega X" evolution. "Greninja, Pikachu, Lucario and Jigglypuff...those weaklings could never compare to us, Mewtwo."
Mewtwo closes his eyes and a grin grows slightly on his face. "Well, Charizard- I have to say; you make being a 'Smash Brother' worth the time in effort. Perhaps after we find out who is truly the strongest- we can team up and show this entire realm our dominance."
"Its a deal. But- until then..." Charizard flies up into the air and his tail burns fiercely.
"Right, let's do this." Mewtwo readies a Shadow Ball, eager to have the "Smash" battle he's waited too long for.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
"So, you made it in before me, did you?" Mewtwo sneers as he lands smoothly on the ground- a psychic aura still surrounding his body.
"It would seem so. I was wondering when you'd finally decide to show up. Perhaps it's true that your fame IS fleeting." Charizard grunts and a jeer flame shoots from his mouth.
Mewtwo glares and his eyes flash blue for a split second. "I was here first. I am the strongest Pokemon in the world, you insolent fool. Perhaps its time that I teach you your place."
"Hm. Well honestly, you're the only real competition in terms of Pokemon. Perhaps you don't understand that this is exactly what I wanted to hear from you. I want a fight that is actually a fight- one where I can show my full potential!" A glowing flame envelops Charizard. "I know that I may not stand a chance in my regular forme. But you will know true strength!!" Charizard roars and stands proudly in his "Mega X" evolution. "Greninja, Pikachu, Lucario and Jigglypuff...those weaklings could never compare to us, Mewtwo."
Mewtwo closes his eyes and a grin grows slightly on his face. "Well, Charizard- I have to say; you make being a 'Smash Brother' worth the time in effort. Perhaps after we find out who is truly the strongest- we can team up and show this entire realm our dominance."
"Its a deal. But- until then..." Charizard flies up into the air and his tail burns fiercely.
"Right, let's do this." Mewtwo readies a Shadow Ball, eager to have the "Smash" battle he's waited too long for.
since when did zard sprechen ze english

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Rosie is getting a nerf in the next patch so for those who fear that Mewtwo is going to be low teir again dont worry, Nintedo isnt going to waste time and money on a character that isnt good on a competetive level.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Rosie is getting a nerf in the next patch so for those who fear that Mewtwo is going to be low teir again dont worry, Nintedo isnt going to waste time and money on a character that isnt good on a competetive level.
grammer nahtzeee

They can always buff him if he sucks.

Wonderful :)

C3CC

Smash Lord
What?! NO!! Don't touch Rosalina!! >: (

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Source? I love the idea, I just need to see it for myself. Guess it's just the kinda person I am:rolleyes:.
grammer nahtzeee

They can always buff him if he sucks.

WONDERFUL!!
:)
Fixed that for ya, my friend:p.

Spirst

Source? I love the idea, I just need to see it for myself. Guess it's just the kinda person I am:rolleyes:.

Fixed that for ya, my friend:p.
For the Rosalina nerf?

Right at the beginning of this video. According to AMAs with people who have the Wii U version early, Wario's momentum glitch/Yoshi glitches/and Bowsercides have been fixed as well. A Bowsercide leads to sudden death now as opposed to Bowser winning.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
For the Rosalina nerf?

Right at the beginning of this video. According to AMAs with people who have the Wii U version early, Wario's momentum glitch/Yoshi glitches/and Bowsercides have been fixed as well. A Bowsercide leads to sudden death now as opposed to Bowser winning.
Thank you! These are all great changes!
Except for he Bowsercide. It always seemed like Bowser should win if he KO'd an opponent with that move, and he fact that by added that, but now they're removing it seems strange to me. I always thought it should be that way...
Oh, well, it's such a minor change, and I hardly use Bowser anyway, so screw it. It's gonna be a great update, and that change hardly rains on my parade! All hail the end of Meta Rosie!!
I bet Hell's being raised on the Bowser forum, though:p.

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
For the Rosalina nerf?

I am gonna miss the Wario glitch, it was so funny and weird to see Wario fly off into the distance like the fat majestic creature that he is. And the Bowsercide is nerfed now, thank god because my friend only does that so he finally won't cheaply win!

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
We still up for the Woop Woop Parties when Mewtwo releases? I wanna leave exactly one slot open for a poor, confused soul to wander in.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So wait- Jay is confirmed to be his voice actor...?
If I'm getting the gist of what he's saying, Jay is his VA in the fifteenth movie, which, considering its extreme recency, highly ups Jay's chances of being Mewtwo's VA in SSB4. And, seeing as he gave Mewtwo actual dialogue, it's highly likely that Mewtwo will speak in SSB4, assuming Jay is voicing him. I'm all for Jay, so it's great if he's voicing Mewtwo. He did an excellent job in "Mewtwo Strikes Back," so I'll be very happy if he's returning to voice him in SSB4.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I am so confuzzled right now...So Phillip is not Phillip but he is this dude named Jay or was Jay Mewtwo before they replaced him with Phillip?....Does he still do voice work? I'm kinda curious now.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I am so confuzzled right now...So Phillip is not Phillip but he is this dude named Jay or was Jay Mewtwo before they replaced him with Phillip?....Does he still do voice work? I'm kinda curious now.
Jay Goede and Philip Bartlett are the same person.

We all believed that Philip Bartlett died, according to the Wikipedia article about him, but it seems as though somebody got some wrong information or confused him with somebody else and posted that without actually looking into a source first. Philip Bartlett is Jay's alias.

They went ahead and cited Jay's name under the credits of the Pokemon Live! musical instead of using his stage name - Philip Bartlett.

So to clear up any confusion, Philip Bartlett's real name is Jay Goede, and Jay is still alive to this day. Let's hope he returns to voice Mewtwo again!

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Well, my mind is officially blown. What, are they gonna reveal that Tupac is alive next?

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
No, it's going to be the gaming in the clinton years guy. And he will be the one to voice Mewtwo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom