• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Mewtwo voice lines. Which actor would you want to voice him? I think it would be cool if Dan Green reprised his role. Although I haven't heard of him for voice acting lately and does anyone know if he retired and looked for a different job because of his family's?

As for attacks, Shadow Ball will no doubt be retained as will his throws. Maybe his neutral aerial, but I think it's very possible he could get a lot of changes like Bowser did.
From what I remember Dan Green retired after his wife's death. Possibly Masachika Ichimura will reprise his role as Mewtwo.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
5. Vs. Greninja: Mewtwo gets a slightly annoying look on it's face and says "What is this?" (Mewtwo doesn't know what Greninja is supposed to be because Nintendo ran out of ideas)
Greninja is awesome. Take that 'Nintendo ran out of ideas' crap elsewhere.

Last edited:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
From what I remember Dan Green retired after his wife's death. Possibly Masachika Ichimura will reprise his role as Mewtwo.
Oh yeah, I heard that on the behind the voice actors website. That's too bad because I really liked him a lot. Ichimyra reprising his role would be okay since I feel he captures the menacing nature of Mewtwo well. Philip Bartlett died from a heart condition years ago so he can't reprise his role either sadly...

Perhaps he'll have his Pokemon origins voice which I wouldn't mind as I kind of liked how the pokemon sounded more like animals.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Greninja is one of the few X/Y designs I really like.
Greninja and Charizard X are the only good ones, in my opinion. I don't even like either of the Mega Evolutions for Mewtwo, and I especially didn't like the last evolve forms of the other 2 starters, so bad in fact that I don't even know their names.

Spirst

Greninja and Charizard X are the only good ones, in my opinion. I don't even like either of the Mega Evolutions for Mewtwo, and I especially didn't like the last evolve forms of the other 2 starters, so bad in fact that I don't even know their names.
Fennekin was cool initially until I looked at the evolutionary line and saw Delphox. No disrespect to anyone who likes it, but I personally believe Delphox looks terrible. Chesnaught, the evolved form of Chespin, just looks bulky and strange to me. I don't dig either Mewtwo mega evolution either.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
When I saw Greninja when it was revealed, I more or less knew it'd be the most popular of the gen 6 starters. Personally I'm pretty neutral toward it since I think ninja characters in games are a somewhat played-out concept in general and a lot of people like it just because it looks cool. Though the other starters are pretty "meh" to me. If we're playing Gen 6, just give me Meowstic and Clawitzer.

That being said I'm cool with it being in Smash

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
If I were to have new Pokemon I'd want them to stop being A) a starter B) Spoon fed to you by an NPC. Let's get crazy with something like Malamar or Aromatisse.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Please give Mewtwo feral sounds and no spoken lines, please give Mewtwo feral sounds and no spoken lines, please give Mewtwo feral sounds and no spoken lines...

Last edited:

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I actually kinda like the male English lines

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
My problem with Greninja is how he is absolute lightyears ahead of Chesnaught and Delphox, all thanks to his utterly ridiculous ability. They didn't balance the trio at all.

As for Mewtwo's gender/voice, it's worth noting that the Japanese version of the 3DS Mewtwo trophy refers to him with male pronouns.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
My problem with Greninja is how he is absolute lightyears ahead of Chesnaught and Delphox, all thanks to his utterly ridiculous ability. They didn't balance the trio at all.

As for Mewtwo's gender/voice, it's worth noting that the Japanese version of the 3DS Mewtwo trophy refers to him with male pronouns.

P.S. This was also my reaction to Mewtwo's reveal.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334

Yeah, that's why I usually refrain from using him in competitive. Well that, and I don't care for his design all that much. But damn is that ability broken.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
P
Please give Mewtwo feral sounds and no spoken lines, please give Mewtwo feral sounds and no spoken lines, please give Mewtwo feral sounds and no spoken lines...
Please don't.

I would LOVE to hear him say something in the English language version this time.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I literally clapped when I saw Mewtwo's feet.

I was the only one there.

It was kind of embarrassing.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Speaking of Mewtwo voice lines. Which actor would you want to voice him? I think it would be cool if Dan Green reprised his role. Although I haven't heard of him for voice acting lately and does anyone know if he retired and looked for a different job because of his family's?

As for attacks, Shadow Ball will no doubt be retained as will his throws. Maybe his neutral aerial, but I think it's very possible he could get a lot of changes like Bowser did.
Who would I like to voice him? Well, I've posted this elsewhere, but here goes.
1. Steve Blum
Something about his famous "Guttural Growl" voice seems like it would perfectly fit Mewtwo's grunts and speech, if he were to have any actual lines. I think enough has been said.
2. Bob Joles
This guy voiced Gimme in The Wonderful 101. He also voiced Laambo and Walltha. But, that's beside the point. The voice I'm talking about is his Gimme voice. It's similar to Steve Blum's Jergingha voice, in that both are threatening, but also have the capability to possess a sophisticated tone. The difference, however, is that while Jergingha initially sounds threatening, but can also have a calm side, Gimme's voice is initially calm sounding, but also has a threatening undertone. This fits Mewtwo perfectly. Gimme's voice is calm and sophisticated, and is somewhat deep, and it can have a very ominous, impending doom tone to it. However, this does not mean it can't sound outright threatening and enraged. In fact, Joles can do this voice very well, and it's quite powerful. This actually fits Mewtwo's personality from the first movie quite well: Calm and reasonable with a frightening sub-tone, but still capable of showing true fury and wrath. As a bonus, it has slight echo effect, so it sounds somewhat like there's multiple voices. Here's a video so you can hear the voice I'm talking about yourself:
I would ecstatic if either voiced Mewtwo, but the odds of either happening are extremely unlikely.

So, realistically speaking, I'd be fine with his Melee VA reprising his role, assuming he were willing to do it. Outside of that, I have no idea. If worst comes to worst, we can always have his Japanese VA or his Origins VA reprise their roles, but I'd really like for Mewtwo to have spoken lines this time around.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

tbh, about the male dialogue, i think that it should probably only talk during it's taunts/victory taunts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spirst

tbh, about the male dialogue, i think that it should probably only talk during it's taunts/victory taunts.
Mewtwo is going to voice every one of his attacks like Ness. He's also going to have Morgan Freeman as his voice actor.

Last edited:

Spirst

I think that Reggie should voice Mewtwo... His body is ready...
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It's about kicking ass, it's about taking names, and it's all about making games." -Mewtwo

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I walk in here to see what meaningful, deep discussion were having in this lovely thread, and I see Reggie Fils-Aime's head photoshopped onto Mewtwo's shoulders, accompanied by a plagiarized version of Mewtwo's most famous quote that's about kicking ass.

D

Deleted member

I walk in here to see what meaningful, deep discussion were having in this lovely thread, and I see Reggie Fils-Aime's head photoshopped onto Mewtwo's shoulders, accompanied by a plagiarized version of Mewtwo's most famous quote that's about kicking ***.
At least it's still on topic... you can join in if you want. It never hurts to have a good laugh, unless you are trolling.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
At least it's still on topic... you can join in if you want. It never hurts to have a good laugh, unless you are trolling.
I know. I actually like all the stuff I'm seeing. Gave me a good laugh.
I was just playing around. It was my way of being funny and contributing to the "discussion."

D

Deleted member

I know. I actually like all the stuff I'm seeing. Gave me a good laugh.
I was just playing around. It was my way of being funny and contributing to the "discussion."
:)

tbh, i think that stuff like this is only natural... I mean, we begged and petitioned for Mewtwo to be in Smash 4, he wasn't, and now, because of us (presumably), he's going to return as DLC! It's times like this where we can lighten up a bit and celebrate the return of Mewtwo.

And your above post cracked me up!

Last edited by a moderator:

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Would you rather us go back to discussing DSP or dating? :grin:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I walk in here to see what meaningful, deep discussion were having in this lovely thread, and I see Reggie Fils-Aime's head photoshopped onto Mewtwo's shoulders, accompanied by a plagiarized version of Mewtwo's most famous quote that's about kicking ***.
I have a feeling you posted just to use that GIF, didn't you? :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I wonder why Mewtwo's sub forum doesn't have an assigned moderator. Sure, mods like Tryphen(better known as ---) are around, but not seeing one specifically assigned here strikes me as odd.

Just wanted to put that out there.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I wonder why Mewtwo's sub forum doesn't have an assigned moderator. Sure, mods like Tryphen(better known as ---) are around, but not seeing one specifically assigned here strikes me as odd.

Just wanted to put that out there.
Oh, you didn't know? I'm a secret mod around these parts. It's a brand new organization designed to root out people who only troll when mods aren't around, and then edit their posts when mods show up after they're reported. They call it SWF-CIA. I could've sworn I sent every respectable person on this thread a PM. Oh well, the more you know. Just keep it hush-hush, we don't need low-down, dirty trollers to find out.
This post will be edited to remove classified info in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Who would I like to voice him? Well, I've posted this elsewhere, but here goes.
1. Steve Blum
Something about his famous "Guttural Growl" voice seems like it would perfectly fit Mewtwo's grunts and speech, if he were to have any actual lines. I think enough has been said.
2. Bob Joles
This guy voiced Gimme in The Wonderful 101. He also voiced Laambo and Walltha. But, that's beside the point. The voice I'm talking about is his Gimme voice. It's similar to Steve Blum's Jergingha voice, in that both are threatening, but also have the capability to possess a sophisticated tone. The difference, however, is that while Jergingha initially sounds threatening, but can also have a calm side, Gimme's voice is initially calm sounding, but also has a threatening undertone. This fits Mewtwo perfectly. Gimme's voice is calm and sophisticated, and is somewhat deep, and it can have a very ominous, impending doom tone to it. However, this does not mean it can't sound outright threatening and enraged. In fact, Joles can do this voice very well, and it's quite powerful. This actually fits Mewtwo's personality from the first movie quite well: Calm and reasonable with a frightening sub-tone, but still capable of showing true fury and wrath. As a bonus, it has slight echo effect, so it sounds somewhat like there's multiple voices. Here's a video so you can hear the voice I'm talking about yourself:
I would ecstatic if either voiced Mewtwo, but the odds of either happening are extremely unlikely.

So, realistically speaking, I'd be fine with his Melee VA reprising his role, assuming he were willing to do it. Outside of that, I have no idea. If worst comes to worst, we can always have his Japanese VA or his Origins VA reprise their roles, but I'd really like for Mewtwo to have spoken lines this time around.
Wow, I'd completely forgotten about Bob Joles.
While I'm all for his Origins voice, Joles would be pretty cool. I love Steve Blum, but for me, he's a little too iconic. I'd see Mewtwo and think, Why does Mewtwo sound like Spike Spiegel?
If I HAD to choose an actor to perform spoken lines for Mewtwo, I'd pick Micheal McConnohie. I've loved his skill as and actor since hearing him portray Margulis in Xenosaga.
Here's an example: http://youtu.be/SLxe2knWI8Q?t=1m30s
Can't you just hear Mewtwo growling out something like: "I thought you better than this."

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wow, I'd completely forgotten about Bob Joles.
While I'm all for his Origins voice, Joles would be pretty cool. I love Steve Blum, but for me, he's a little too iconic. I'd see Mewtwo and think, Why does Mewtwo sound like Spike Spiegel?
If I HAD to choose an actor to perform spoken lines for Mewtwo, I'd pick Micheal McConnohie. I've loved his skill as and actor since hearing him portray Margulis in Xenosaga.
Here's an example: http://youtu.be/SLxe2knWI8Q?t=1m30s
Can't you just hear Mewtwo growling out something like: "I thought you better than this."
I have to say, McConnohie sounds awesome, particularly for a guy like Mewtwo. It's very calm, but extremely threatening at the same time. I don't know if I'd rank him as high as Joles or Blum on my personal list, but having this guy voice Mewtwo would still make me beyond happy. It's about as perfect as you can get for Mewtwo. Excellent find!
This is why it's great to be able to congregate like this a discuss stuff. We can all introduce each other to new ideas and concepts, and sometimes, it gives us a whole new idea to add to our list of "It'd be awesome if this happened" stuff. I really like the Boards.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Does no one else think that they may just use the voice clips from Melee? And just use audio from the games to use with the other 2 taunts?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Does no one else think that they may just use the voice clips from Melee? And just use audio from the games to use with the other 2 taunts?
Eh... They could so that, but I wouldn't like it very much. His voice clips in Melee were awesome, don't get me wrong, but I think he should get new voice clips. Yes, I know many characters in Brawl reused voice clips, but keep in mind that's one game ago, not two. Data's had twice as long to advance, and one generation longer. It's a much bigger timespan. I think it may be difficult to port voice clips that old, and I believe Sakurai himself said that was part if he challenge of bringing Mewtwo back.
As for porting a few clips from the Pokémon games, I think I'd be fine with that. His in-game cry is awesome, anyways, so it'd be nice to hear it in Smash 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom