• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I never thought Ridley would get in and thought people who did were kinda reaching, but I won't rip on them because we were in the exact same position just a month ago...
2big
Except Mewtwo wasn't too big...compared to Ridley. :troll:
In case you can't tell, I'm not really being serious with that. While I do think he's "too big", that's not my main reason for preferring Ridley as a boss character...and I've played all the main series plus Prime Metroid games except Other M.

Still, I never really took the Greninja tear licking jokes seriously even if it was making fun of Mewtwo.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Maybe Mewtwo is like Ryoko from Tenchi Universe and doesn't require nourishment. I've been rewatching that show for the first time in years, so that came to mind.

Also, I'm a fan of both Mewtwo and Ridley. I just wasn't very vocal due to his infamy within the community.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Except Mewtwo wasn't too big...compared to Ridley. :troll:
In case you can't tell, I'm not really being serious with that. While I do think he's "too big", that's not my main reason for preferring Ridley as a boss character...and I've played all the main series plus Prime Metroid games except Other M.

Still, I never really took the Greninja tear licking jokes seriously even if it was making fun of Mewtwo.
Wasn't saying Mewtwo is big. Poking fun at Ridley.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Ok so the "to Big" crap is bull cause there are multiple characters that have inaccurate size comparison between smash and their original game; case in point Pikachu and Charizard. The only reason that this still stands is that all those characters are relatively human sized, minus Olimar.

Its not just that Ridley is too big, but his proportions are hell akward when scaled down. Heck the Other M looks clumsy as **** when he fights on the pyrosphere and thats even in his original size.

How about Nintendo just makes a Metroid game that introduces a new "key" character that is of Ridley's species/sucessor that is human sized. But enough about that cause this isnt the place to talk about the same Ridleytobigcrap disscussions

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Just want to say that it seriously makes me smile just to hear that Mewtwo is part of the game. Like... you see the list of SSB4 characters and you see Mewtwo. It sort of feels surreal given how long his absence was.

So what does it mean by "registering both games" to get Mewtwo? Register how and where? Anyone know?
You register the games via your Club Nintendo account. Each physical copy of the game comes with a code to type in. Digital games gets registered automatically I believe. (Make sure your system is tied to your Club Nintendo account)

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
You register the games via your Club Nintendo account. Each physical copy of the game comes with a code to type in. Digital games gets registered automatically I believe. (Make sure your system is tied to your Club Nintendo account)
Ahh, Club Nintendo, okay. I guess I'll be making an account then :)

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I never thought Ridley would get in and thought people who did were kinda reaching, but I won't rip on them because we were in the exact same position just a month ago...
2big
Except that the Smash Direct outright deconfirmed him by placing him in the exact same context as the Yellow Devil.
I wonder how long the code period will last.
If past bonus DLC is any indicator, then we'll likely have at least the month following the Wii U version's release. But due to the DLC being so far off, we may have until the month following the DLC's release.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Found some K-2!

But really, do y'all like my new sig?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I know it club nintendo but im slightly confused on something

Its saids if you register your games during the premotional period.

Did they mean

1 register your games when the premotional starts?

2 you register your smash games anytime and when the premotional period starts you get the code no matter what time you register before the premotional.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Love the sig, bruh.

I love Tenchi too.
Glad ya like it!

If I remember correctly, Tenchi started airing on Toonami when Melee was new, so it's a cool feeling to be re-watching it right around when the new Smash is popular.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I know it club nintendo but im slightly confused on something

Its saids if you register your games during the premotional period.

Did they mean

1 register your games when the premotional starts?

2 you register your smash games anytime and when the premotional period starts you get the code no matter what time you register before the premotional.
It means you have until the promotion ends to register both copies. Those of us who registered our copies on Day One have nothing to worry about.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It means you have until the promotion ends to register both copies. Those of us who registered our copies on Day One have nothing to worry about.
Ok so i can just register anytime then

Fantasic so when i get my copy of smash wii u i will register both versions

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Speaking of CN, the music they are offering is a digital code or the actual disc?
I would think its physical copy, just going by the promotional picture showing the disc, as well as the variety of other physical rewards Club Nintendo offers. However, I could be horribly wrong, so don't take my word for fact.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
I would think its physical copy, just going by the promotional picture showing the disc, as well as the variety of other physical rewards Club Nintendo offers. However, I could be horribly wrong, so don't take my word for fact.
I hope it's physical so I can sell it. How much do you think it will be worth?

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
*Gasp!* Sell SSB4's soundtrack?! Heresy! Throw him to the dogs!
Nah, I'm just playing. For the sale price, it'd depend on who you're selling it to. For an X-Box Fanboy (God forbid...), you'd probably have to pay him to take it for you. For an avid fan of Smash, I'd say you could sell them for around $35, $50, maybe, if they're really into the games.
As for just a general selling price, I'd put it at about $25. It's a reasonable price, if not a little low, for a soundtrack as extensive as SSB4's. But, I don't really know much about economics, so I don't know if I'd trust myself:laugh:.
Anyway, that's just my
I'll see myself out...

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
I have no use for it and I'll get it for free (a friend will give me his Wii U code). It will be 30-50 bucks of profit + Mewtwo. :denzel:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
My guess would be around $20-30. Currently the OoT 3D and Majora's Mask CN OST go for around $30-40, but those saw limited distribution, with Major's Mask being Premium only.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I just came up for a really cool idea for a mewtwo trailer but I'm not sure if I should post it here or the two trailer threads that are dead.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Ehhh, I would honestly encourage posting in the trailer thread, even though no one's posted in awhile. We don't want this thread killing all the others.

Spirst

Ehhh, I would honestly encourage posting in the trailer thread, even though no one's posted in awhile. We don't want this thread killing all the others.
This thread is pretty much going to kill all others until we see more definitive Mewtwo stuff. I agree that it should be posted in the trailer thread though. It'll be less likely to get buried under all the posts this thread sees.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So this happened today(second successful 9.0 run with no customs), and I thought of what I want to do with Mewtwo ASAP when he's out.

Set the Intensity to 9.0, get to Master Core and blast the PM Mewtwo Returns theme as I destroy it.

I will be so happy if I manage that.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
So this happened today(second successful 9.0 run with no customs), and I thought of what I want to do with Mewtwo ASAP when he's out.

Set the Intensity to 9.0, get to Master Core and blast the PM Mewtwo Returns theme as I destroy it.

I will be so happy if I manage that.
That feeling when you beat Master Core with no customs *takes a breath in, then out* So wonderful~

Ganondorf is the best to do it with.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Ganondorf is broken for fighting Master Core anyway. I mean, the Shadow suicides against him :seuss:
And the Up Smash, the Golem can only take about less than 10 of them. Sucks to have a big hitbox mate

Also, the mane reason I don't feel like posting it in the Trailer threads is that I was mostly the last one to post in there so it would feel redundant

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
True story: When fighting the Master Core doppelganger as Little Mac on 9.0, the first thing I did was counter a smash attack, and it killed him one hit.

Come to think of it, I have never used any customs for Master Core on any difficulty.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
True story: When fighting the Master Core doppelganger as Little Mac on 9.0, the first thing I did was counter a smash attack, and it killed him one hit.

Come to think of it, I have never used any customs for Master Core on any difficulty.
Counters scale in power based on the strength of the countered attack. Judging from what you said, Master Shadow Little Mac's smash attack must do about 200% damage, lol.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Counters scale in power based on the strength of the countered attack. Judging from what you said, Master Shadow Little Mac's smash attack must do about 200% damage, lol.
It wasn't the damage that killed him, we were near the left edge of the stage, and he was knocked completely off the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom