• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I first cleared 9.0 with Peach and forgot to even give her customs. Master Core is a sucker against Peach's improved butt bomber. I was all up in his face with it and none of his forms could do anything about it.

Assuming Mewtwo keeps most of his melee stuff intact, I'd imagine Mewtwo's neutral air move being effective against all the forms. Also charging shadow balls up in the face of Master Core while it's changing forms.

Last edited:

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Hey, everyone! I just got back from a PM tournament at Baylor University. I lost overall but I represented Mewtwo pretty well and won 4 sets. At one point I SD'd against a really good Samus at the start of the match and still ended up coming back and winning. It was probably the best I played.

I also went under the stage and did that thing with Mewtwo's side-B that can pull them up for a KO. Everyone in the room gave a collective "OOOOHHHHHH!!!"

We also wavedashed IRL a few times.

Igzex

I love kidnapping unsuspecting people under the stage with Confusion. Their first reactions are always the best and they so easily take the bait of me repeatedly re-grabbing ledges "for no reason" the first time.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Now what can I say to get the thread moving again...hmmm....*taps chin*

PSYCHIC BANANA THROWS!!!

truly, yes

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Now what can I say to get the thread moving again...hmmm....*taps chin*

PSYCHIC BANANA THROWS!!!

truly, yes
Bananas... What do you guys think Mewtwo will look like when he trips? Will flip over and sit with his arms crossed, unfazed by the event, or will he kind of sit there confused and goofy, surprised by what happened? I'm hoping for the former.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Bananas... What do you guys think Mewtwo will look like when he trips? Will flip over and sit with his arms crossed, unfazed by the event, or will he kind of sit there confused and goofy, surprised by what happened? I'm hoping for the former.
I'm hoping for a floating Mewtwo not really touching the floor with a look of "Really?" on her/it/his face.

Igzex

Is it me or does Mew2King doing sarcastic acting sound like that guy that gets turned into a tree in Troll 2? You know, the OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD guy?

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
It's pretty underwhelming for a guy who calls himself "Mew2"King
I don't believe its his actual reaction. When they were recording their first one at the time of the stream the recording ****ed up so this is a reenactment of sorts. He got super hyped all over his Facebook page when it happened though.

Spirst

I don't believe its his actual reaction. When they were recording their first one at the time of the stream the recording ****ed up so this is a reenactment of sorts. He got super hyped all over his Facebook page when it happened though.
Yeah, I wonder how many of those reaction videos are legitimate.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Yeah, I wonder how many of those reaction videos are legitimate.
Legit or not, I'd like to see a reaction video that goes something like this...

It's more or less how I, and quite possibly several others, reacted, but unfortunately I didn't have a video camera running at the moment.

Also, is it just me, or is today a really slow day at the Boards?

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Legit or not, I'd like to see a reaction video that goes something like this...

It's more or less how I, and quite possibly several others, reacted, but unfortunately I didn't have a video camera running at the moment.

Also, is it just me, or is today a really slow day at the Boards?
Gee, it sure is boring around here...

Spirst

I wonder if we get to see something of Mewtwo soon, or that we just have to wait till he's done and out there.
I imagine there will be a trailer which includes some gameplay footage before he's out, at least. Might be around January perhaps.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I wonder if we get to see something of Mewtwo soon, or that we just have to wait till he's done and out there.
I think it'll be awhile before we see anything. We've got a few months to go before he's ready to roll out, and all we know for sure that's done is his model. I wouldn't expect anything groundbreaking for awhile. Maybe a small update a couple months down the line or something, but nothing major.

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
I imagine there will be a trailer which includes some gameplay footage before he's out, at least. Might be around January perhaps.
January is too early, my estimated guess is either March, April or May.

Spirst

We'll probably see it's new model on a Cerulean Cave based stage.
I really hope it is a Cerulean Cave stage that plays a remix of the Team Rocket Hideout/Cerulean Cave music from Red & Blue. The atmosphere would be great.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
What do you guys think Mewtwo's victory quotes will be if it speaks English this time around?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
What do you guys think Mewtwo's victory quotes will be if it speaks English this time around?
Victory Taunts:
Taunt 1- Mewtwo folds him arms, rises into the air spinning and laughing, before stopping and floating in place in midair, and says "I cannot lose!"
Taunt 2-"So, this is my power...," followed by a sinister laugh.
Taunt 3-Mewtwo folds his arms, grunts loudly, and his eyes flash a bright blue. Then, the camera flips upside down, so that everything appears upside down. The results are displayed right-side up, however, for readability's sake.
Bonus Taunt (Against Lucario or Greninja)-"You're pathetic."
Losing Animation-Stands with his arms folded and his back to the camera, because he couldn't care less that you won.

Last edited:

Igzex

Victory 1: Mewtwo holds her hands to her heart, looks slightly down, and in Miriam Pultro's voice she says "You'll be fine. I didn't use all of my power". She then mega evolves into Mewtwo Y and flies off.

Victory 2: Mewtwo spins around like in melee but then in Miriam Pultro's voice she says "Let's be friends forever" as various wild Pokemon join her.

Victory 3: Mewtwo strikes her signature arm pointing at the camera pose but in Miriam Pultro's voice she says "I didn't want to fight but to stop this senseless destruction I must..."

Lose: Claps for the winner.

All of this meshes frighteningly well with the sounds of the player screaming at the tv in horror, anger, and disbelief.

Spirst

Victory 1: Mewtwo holds her hands to her heart, looks slightly down, and in Miriam Pultro's voice she says "You'll be fine. I didn't use all of my power". She then mega evolves into Mewtwo Y and flies off.

Victory 2: Mewtwo spins around like in melee but then in Miriam Pultro's voice she says "Let's be friends forever" as various wild Pokemon join her.

Victory 3: Mewtwo strikes her signature arm pointing at the camera pose but in Miriam Pultro's voice she says "I didn't want to fight but to stop this senseless destruction I must..."

Lose: Claps for the winner.

All of this meshes frighteningly well with the sounds of the player screaming at the tv in horror, anger, and disbelief.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Mewtwo strikes his iconic pose
and says "Behold my power"

2. Mewtwo quickly turns so his back faces the screen, and after one second turns his head towards the screen and says "You must be a fool to start a battle you cannot win!"

3. Mewtwo faces the screen, then closes his eyes for 1 second, opens them back up and says "I know you can do better than that" (to show Mewtwo's slightly nicer side)

4. Vs. Lucario: "You may have the aura, but mine is stronger!" (then Mewtwo forms a small Aura Sphere in his hand while laughing)

5. Vs. Greninja: Mewtwo gets a slightly annoying look on it's face and says "What is this?" (Mewtwo doesn't know what Greninja is supposed to be because Nintendo ran out of ideas)

6. Vs. Charizard: (Shoots a powerful flamethrower) then says "You were better in your team!"

7. Vs. Jigglypuff: Mewtwo's tail flicks in curiosity and says "Kirby? Why have you become so weak?" (basically, Mewtwo is mocking Jiggz and calling her inferior to Kirby)

8. Vs. Pikachu: Mewtwo goes into his feral pose
and says "Your existence is a waste of my time!"

9? Vs. Lucina: Mewtwo's tail drops and he puts his palm on his face (facepalm) and says "I suppose you'll get your chance another day!" then Mewtwo's tail flicks back up, he takes his palm off of his face and laughs while holding an energy sword.
(this represents two things: 1. Mewtwo is mocking Chrom and his daughter by quoting his phrase upon being rejected for smash. 2. Mewtwo's energy sword is him referencing Lucina being a Marth clone.)

Oh, and also...

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/525415360242393088

Let me read it to you, and pay close attention:

WARNING! Mewtwo arrives in spring 2015! Register both versions in a promotional period & get him for free! #SmashBros

Last edited by a moderator:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Mewtwo voice lines. Which actor would you want to voice him? I think it would be cool if Dan Green reprised his role. Although I haven't heard of him for voice acting lately and does anyone know if he retired and looked for a different job because of his family's?

As for attacks, Shadow Ball will no doubt be retained as will his throws. Maybe his neutral aerial, but I think it's very possible he could get a lot of changes like Bowser did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom