• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
Sakurai said they are considering mewtwo at e3 when someone asked about mewtwo

And I think how is final smash works will be the Same as samus psystrike then switch and the same thing with the other form and you can do the same trick in brawl to start as zero suit samus but with mewtwo and maybe even the up down up down trick to switch without the final smash
I'm sure his Final Smash won't be Psystrike, It wouldn't make that much sense honestly. Use your most powerful move & power, not down....but up? Using awakened form as final smash would make more sense. You know like Bowser. ---> Giga Bowser. Mewtwo. --> Awakened Mewtwo. And I don't think the same concept that applies to Samus would apply to Mewtwo. Because again, Samus is technically "Powering-Down." If you could start off a match as Awakened Mewtwo, an even STRONGER mode, that would be a bit odd not to mention OP.

GingaBread

Smash Cadet
Well I feel if they do include Newtwo as a form you can start a match with like ZSS that it would just be like a faster mewtwo with larger hitboxes. Just like Samus and zero suit, one won't be blatantly more powerful than the other, but they will both have different strengths and weaknesses.

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
Well I feel if they do include Newtwo as a form you can start a match with like ZSS that it would just be like a faster mewtwo with larger hitboxes. Just like Samus and zero suit, one won't be blatantly more powerful than the other, but they will both have different strengths and weaknesses.
Yeah I agree with that. Well just have to see if it's used as a form or a Final Smash. But I really like the idea of it being a form now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
By the way on YouTube search mewtwo prologue and its the first few minutes of the movie and time how long he can stay in his form

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if Mewtwo returns will he be treated like a veteran and just get some screenshots or like a newcomer and get a trailer...

Steelia

Smash Champion
I wonder if Mewtwo returns will he be treated like a veteran and just get some screenshots or like a newcomer and get a trailer...
As highly requested/demanded as he is, he's more than deserving of a trailer.
But I'd be happy enough with just a confirmation of his inclusion.

Hong

The Strongest
From a marketing standpoint, I don't see any reason why Nintendo wouldn't give him a trailer. It would generate hype for three of their products, and I would say Mewtwo is by far the most wanted returning veteran.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
From a marketing standpoint, I don't see any reason why Nintendo wouldn't give him a trailer. It would generate hype for three of their products, and I would say Mewtwo is by far the most wanted returning veteran.
I think a Mewtwo/Mewtwo Awakening Form reveal in a October Nintendo Direct is likely. Especially around the release of Pokemon X/Y

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They gave the official name of the process that Mewtwo awakens, MegaEvolution.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm seeing it.
And I still don't know if I believe it.

http://generationpokemon.net/pokemo...s-have-arrived-mega-evolutions-are-confirmed/

"MegaMewtwo". So he partially evolves... but can revert back?
WTF is going on!
Mewtwo does revert back its already confirmed as a form

Don't worry mewtwo can change back according to the movie and this proves once and for all this is indeed mewtwos final smash his mega evolution form its said the 6 of them only turn into those forms during battle mewtwo reverts back when the smash ball wears off

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
I'd be OK with this idea... if Digimon hadn't done it 15 years ago.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'll just call it MegaMiniMewtwo or something.

And yeah, WTF @ them ripping off Digimon. They really have run out of ideas.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Kinda funny how just like that, Mewtwo having a new form is nothing special now for the most part... And I noticed among the list of "Mega" Pokemon in the link posted, that MegaMiniMewtwo is the only one to not have a changed ability, while MegaBlaziken has Speed Boost, etc. So what, the awakened form just has Pressure like regular Mewtwo normally does? Lame sauce. Wasn't expecting it to have a different type or anything, but still.

I guess there's always that other new form that's said to resemble Mew more. Having two Mega forms while Blaziken, Lucario, etc. only have one would make Mewtwo stand out still at least.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Kinda funny how just like that, Mewtwo having a new form is nothing special now for the most part... And I noticed among the list of "Mega" Pokemon in the link posted, that MegaMiniMewtwo is the only one to not have a changed ability, while MegaBlaziken has Speed Boost, etc. So what, the awakened form just has Pressure like regular Mewtwo normally does? Lame sauce. Wasn't expecting it to have a different type or anything, but still.

I guess there's always that other new form that's said to resemble Mew more. Having two Mega forms while Blaziken, Lucario, etc. only have one would make Mewtwo stand out still at least.

Blaziken always had speed boost, that's why it's banned in tournes...

Also, A MOTHERF**KING HIGHLANDER AMPHRAMOS!!!! I WANT SO BAD!

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Newtwo's ability is Insomnia. Therefore, we're kindred souls. My like for it shot up significantly.
Mate unless you're like me and work the graveyard shift till 4:00am and have to wake for school at 6:00am you have no idea what insomnia is like:p

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Blaziken always had speed boost, that's why it's banned in tournes...

Also, A MOTHERF**KING HIGHLANDER AMPHRAMOS!!!! I WANT SO BAD!
Ah, now that I remember you're right. Have been out of the competitive scene so long I tend to forget some things like that.

Yeah, that looks wicked, as does the MegaAbsol. Hell, most or all of the Mega forms are more awesome looking compared to what Mewtwo got, which was a step back in the badass looking department.

Newtwo's ability is Insomnia. Therefore, we're kindred souls. My like for it shot up significantly.
Insomnia huh? Not the most preferable ability, but at least it's something different.. and fitting for a psychic type. They should've mentioned Awakenedtwo had that in the link posted earlier so as to not be misleading.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Maybe it's called "Awakened" Mewtwo because he can't fall asleep. *ba-dum-ksh!*

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
But since it's Smash I expect everyone to still be affected by final smashes like those, even to whom it would make less sense to affect. That alone would make me like the new form a lot more though. "This is my late reaction to you getting in Brawl over me as well as Smash 64, which not even your cheap hypnotic singing can change."

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh boy... Wish there was already a translation to that.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Coincidentally, here's his reaction to Lucario making it in over him/her/it (I did not say replace, mind you):
Speeded.
They've shown the two in indirect skirmishes several times before, but I think this is the first time they've had them in direct conflict officially. GAME FREAK has been listening...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
This kinda sometimes makes me wish Mewtwo still had some kind of rivalry going on with Mew or another actual legendary, rather than Mewtwo and Lucario because they're different generations of badass talking bipedals.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Speeded.
They've shown the two in indirect skirmishes several times before, but I think this is the first time they've had them in direct conflict officially. GAME FREAK has been listening...
What were the "indirect" examples?

Also, this is the best thing ever.

Also, if they're giving Lucario a new form AND playing up his fanon rivalry with Mewtwo, then he's been practically confirmed.

I'll relay this to the Lucario board to give them the good news.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Honestly, I'd wonder if Mega Lucario would even stand a chance against normal Mewtwo, lol.
Anime-wise, Mewtwo was able to take on five Genesect in both normal & Mega forms. A Steel/Bug, resists Psychic & super-effective against it, which the movie & anime have been using for advantage-disadvantage match-ups, like the villain in the Prologue to Awakening special ("I brought Tyranitar and Escavalier to fight Mewtwo, both are strong against Psychic-types!").

Lucario can MegaEvo all he wants. Mewtwo's too god tier. Besides, we all know the true rivalry lies with Mew and Mewtwo...;)

What were the "indirect" examples?

I'll relay this to the Lucario board to give them the good news.
They're way ahead of you :p
As far as indirect examples... things like Pokemon Conquest, or Pokemon Rumble. They've been paired up quite frequently lately. There was something in the card game, too...

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I hope mewtwo can change into mega mewtwo mid match by inflicting so much damage, then he just becomes a better character overall till the next time he dies and he has to start over again from normal form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom