• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Id have the transformation have improved hitboxes, extra properties, speed adjustments, more damage etc. depending on each move It would slightly alter all of them in some way.
Yep, though I see no reason there couldn't be boosts to Mewtwo's base properties too.

an almost exact replica of a clone that took years to even stabilize genetically/physically
Yep but one that isn't stable.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am curious for the next Mewtwo form. Maybe that Mewtwo will be a different one to? 3 Mewtwos around would be wicked. If this female Mewtwo is speed based (and female being X), Mewtwo Y could be Attack most likely. And, be really aggresive.

Anyways, the main deal is still the old form in all cases. If this Mewtwo is a new one, which it most likely is, the main form still is the best representation for the character. As well as the most iconic,

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Am I hearing right, are there two Mewtwos?
That's what everyone's saying and, by the sounds of it, it has official press confirmation to boot.
New Mewtwo also has a second form, as previously mentioned.

@Diddy: Old form should, by all means, be the main event (since it represents both characters) but that doesn't mean the new form can't feature.

D

Deleted member

Now that I think about it, the whole "clone" thing for Mewtwo from the anime is starting to irk me.

I mean, is it considered cloning in the anime when say, an Old Amber is formed into an Aerodactyl? Because that is essentially what happened with Mewtwo in the anime; he was formed using DNA fragments of a fossil of a long-passed Mew. Or at least what the scientists believed was a Mew fossil.

With that in mind......could it be possible that what the scientists found in the anime was of a different species entirely (i.e. what we know as Mewtwo)? Looking back on it, I don't recall any mention of genetic splicing in the anime to mutate what would be a revived Mew into Mewtwo. The other clones that were within the same production were pretty much near exactly like the originals, save for strange markings on the Kanto starter clones (though given Mewtwo's clones of the evolved Kanto starters, they could just have been rare colorations like other anime examples, or more prehistoric versions that were created via DNA of a fossil like Mewtwo), so wouldn't that theoretically mean they've essentially revived a long-extinct Pokémon?
This would help explain how there can be more than one Mewtwo in existence within the anime canon.

In game canon, Mewtwo is a genetically mutated Mew offspring. How there can be more than one within game canon remains to be seen. Unless simply, X/Y just goes with the Mewtwo from Gen 1 and HG/SS as if it were never encountered by Red/Leaf or Ethan/Lyra. The fact it can only be encountered post-game would make sense then in that regard.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
You know how there are rumors of another alternate Mewtwo form?

Perhaps the feminine Mewtwo will have the Awakened Form, and the masculine Mewtwo will receive the as-of-yet unrevealed form.

Also~
Survey thing: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-great-smash-census-survey-now-live.338873/
Give Mewtwo a little bit of love for most anticipated newcomer! Or SSBM main. Or something.
Discounting "Other," Mewtwo is currently in the lead for most anticipated newcomer.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
With that in mind......could it be possible that what the scientists found in the anime was of a different species entirely (i.e. what we know as Mewtwo)?

I actually had a theory like that back when the new form was confirmed at Pokemon Smash and when this whole "Pokemon having a connection with Mewtwo" debacle started. I asked if it could have been a possibility that the scientists have mistaken the piece of DNA thinking it belonged to Mew but actually belonging to what we now know as the awakened form and that that was supposed to be Mewtwo's complete and fully matured form and what he was really cloned of. So they only thought they cloned him from Mew. But yeah that was pretty much shot down as soon as it was confirmed that it's just another form for Mewtwo I guess. :/

D

Deleted member

But remember, cloning was only in the anime.

As I said later in my previous post, Mewtwo in the games was a genetically modified Mew infant.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Wasn't there another (albeit unsuccessful) clone of Mewtwo?

I remember watching it on a Pokemon episode when I was younger...

But remember, cloning was only in the anime.

As I said later in my previous post, Mewtwo in the games was a genetically modified Mew infant.
Isn't that just a form of trans-genetic cloning?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Wasn't there another (albeit unsuccessful) clone of Mewtwo?

I remember watching it on a Pokemon episode when I was younger...
According to the first special/movie, there were many attempts at creating Mewtwo, but only one survived, and it took several years just to keep him stable.

With that in mind......could it be possible that what the scientists found in the anime was of a different species entirely (i.e. what we know as Mewtwo)?
I'm going to guess that it was more implied that Mewtwo was genetically altered in his movie, as the anime enjoys being vague; it's been quite a while since I've sat down and watched either the Japanese or English versions. But with Dr. Fuji talking about "creating [not just cloning] the world's strongest Pokemon", there's no doubt to me that something more happened in that little lab of theirs when it came to genetics...
Though, if Mewtwo ended up being created from a branched species of Mew, that would hurt my feelings none. Would suddenly make RBY's Cinnabar Island journal entries of him somewhat more confusing, though.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That's what I like about the birth or creation of Mewtwo. Has always had that kind of mystery/mystique to it (at least in the games) and always will. The lack of explanation about Femtwo I'll let pass though since it's the Pokemon anime.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Is the new Mewtwo really weaker than the original one though?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
My headcanon is that after the events of Mewtwo Returns Mewtwo becomes a badass cloaked vigilante in a big city, presumably in Unova. I had hoped this new Mewtwo movie would expand on what the old psychic kangaroo has been up to, but no, they created a new character under the same name for some reason I cannot fathom. Sadly, I suspect this means the Byronic, brooding, Frankenstein-esque Mewtwo of the old canon will remain all but ignored. Shame, as he was the only part of the anime I actually cared about or tolerated.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
My headcanon is that after the events of Mewtwo Returns Mewtwo becomes a badass cloaked vigilante in a big city, presumably in Unova. I had hoped this new Mewtwo movie would expand on what the old psychic kangaroo has been up to, but no, they created a new character under the same name for some reason I cannot fathom. Sadly, I suspect this means the Byronic, brooding, Frankenstein-esque Mewtwo of the old canon will remain all but ignored. Shame, as he was the only part of the anime I actually cared about or tolerated.

Gah.... I'm trying to get myself to like Femtwo more and this isn't helping! I agree though. Still want to see Kanto Mewtwo as a caped vigilante who took some lessons from Batman.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Gah.... I'm trying to get myself to like Femtwo more and this isn't helping! I agree though. Still want to see Kanto Mewtwo as a caped vigilante who took some lessons from Batman.
Aside from her existence being rather confusing and frankly unnecessary, there is nothing wrong with the character herself. I have not seen her movie or her prologue, and I don't really plan to, so I can't really form an opinion on the quality of her character.

If the Pokemon Company wants to redeem itself in my eyes, they'll do something in which the two Mewtwo's interact (or even conflict). However, that has the potential to get a bit ridiculous, no?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Never forget.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That could work yeah. I'd like more psychic based moves in general though. Especially for tilts and Smashes.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Is there going to be a new form for the original Mewtwo we haven't seen yet?

If so, watch it look like Cooler's final form, or King Cold. :laugh:

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
I'm legit curious: where are people getting this information about a third Mewtwo forme?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I'm legit curious: where are people getting this information about a third Mewtwo forme?
A 2nd new forme.

There was a guy who leaked a lot of info on the upcoming X/Y Pokemon games, including new modes like Air Battles and what the new type was going to be (Fairy). He also leaked the english names of the only Pokemon people actually know as of yet and lastly he leaked the fact that Mewtwo had not one but 2 new forms and that they were called Mewtwo X and Mewtwo Y, he also said that the form that was not announced yet looked more like Mew.

At E3 everything he leaked was confirmed, everything except for the other Mewtwo form that is. So basically people are assuming the other form is true also since everything else was.

[Legend]

Smash Cadet
A 2nd new forme.

There was a guy who leaked a lot of info on the upcoming X/Y Pokemon games, including new modes like Air Battles and what the new type was going to be (Fairy). He also leaked the english names of the only Pokemon people actually know as of yet and lastly he leaked the fact that Mewtwo had not one but 2 new forms and that they were called Mewtwo X and Mewtwo Y, he also said that the form that was not announced yet looked more like Mew.

At E3 everything he leaked was confirmed, everything except for the other Mewtwo form that is. So basically people are assuming the other form is true also since everything else was.
I'm not sure how accurate this is but...

First to call that the difference in Mewtwo forms to be a male and female split!

TALKING BOUT THEM X AND Y CHROMOSOMES
(Melee Mewtwo returning with this form is fully justified now)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

First to call that the difference in Mewtwo forms to be a male and female split!

(Melee Mewtwo returning with this form is fully justified now)

Here it is

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.

Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).

Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.

The professor's English name is Patrice.

The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.

A few attacks will be dual-typed.

There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.

You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/Dark.(Note, Evolution method is said to be new, but not confirmed)

A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.(This Pokémon line is based around flipping upsidedown, by all means, pretend that isn't basically confirmed)

A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?).

Like in B/W you have two rivals(There are no less than 4 other characters from the starting town, however none of them have been stated to be rivals) - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.

Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.(Rhyhorn is confirmed. However he could have meant 'Only Gogoat in Lumiose')

HMs still exist but there's a lot less of them.

Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post)

A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.

Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.

If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.

That is the leak. About 70-80% of it has been proven to be true, nothing on that leak was confirmed at the moment it was posted and it was only posted because the leaker sent a previous email guessing the names of 3-5 of the new pokemons (which further increases the leaks validity).

Edit: If you are going to validate this leak try not to get confused with Corocoro's recent leaks which has basically the same information in this leak but with different names. The reason for that is because Corocoro is leaking the japanese version of the game on which the names of the Pokemons, cities and proffesors are different.

If anything the fact that Corocoro is just recently leaking information for the japanese version that was already leaked in this post for the english version back in March goes to tell you just how much this leaker actually knew!

Edit2: I don't know where I got that the names of the forms would be Mewtwo X and Mewtwo Y, it is not in the leak apparently.

The following is my own speculation and not part of the leak:

I believe that by item he means that you will obtain an item that will make Mewtwo transform as long as he is holding it (Think of Arceus plates changing his type.)

I believe the items will probably be version exclusives, giving each version its own Mewtwo form.

Pokemon Z will probably either give you both items or give you a new item all together with a 3rd Mewtwo form!

---------------------------------------------------
But most importantly
---------------------------------------------------

In the game there is no new Mewtwo apparently, or at least it hasn't been hinted as that there will be. If there is no new Mewtwo in the game and you just transform the old Kanto Mewtwo then this gives me hope for his old Melee personality to come back! :D

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think it actually makes sense if one of Mewtwo's new forms looks like Mew, wow all this stuff with Mewtwo makes me want him/her in Super Smash Bros even more.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord

Already called it.

You know how there are rumors of another alternate Mewtwo form?

Perhaps the feminine Mewtwo will have the Awakened Form, and the masculine Mewtwo will receive the as-of-yet unrevealed form.
I don't know why the unrevealed form would look even more like Mew. The Awakened form already looks smaller and cuter like Mew.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Normal form mewtwo gets male voice

Awaken form mewtwo female voice

Remember for people confused and heard mewtwo male in the movie mewtwo is gender less

Hong

The Strongest
I just want my baby back. :( I enjoyed the challenge of how unforgiving he was to play as, though he could certainly do to be a legitimate contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom