• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Just buff Disable to reflect the buff it got in 5th Gen. Problem solved.

I always assumed the bigger problem was with Confusion being a sub-par "reflecting" move/special good for nothing but tech chasing, dragging people under the ledge on Battlefield, and Taj's Stupid Rule.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I doubt mewtwo's other form will be anything but a final smash.

The new awkend form has been stated on the Pokemon website that this new Mewtwo's new form is adapted purely for flying and that awakened mewtwo never touches the ground (Which explains the disproportionate body and malformed hands and feet). So unless you want to introduce a character that completely breaks SSB's meta your going to have to restrict this form somehow.

[Legend]

Smash Cadet
The more I think about it the more I'm thinking that the Samus/ZSS mechanic would be fitting, since its a transformation that's suppose to happen at the beginning of a match and lasts until you leave the battlefield.

It could also have some ridiculous psychic attack after switching forms through his final smash!

Steelia

Smash Champion
The more I think about it the more I'm thinking that the Samus/ZSS mechanic would be fitting, since its a transformation that's suppose to happen at the beginning of a match and lasts until you leave the battlefield.
This sounds ideal. Grabbing the Smash Ball (or using a Final Smash) could initiate a temporary transformation; KO Mewtwo in his MegaEvo form, and he'll respawn as regular Mewtwo instead. Same going for Lucario.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Just saying I'm fine with 'Kid Boo' if it means practical specials! And well, Disable was kinda fun to use back in my Doubles Tournament days. But I never found a way to make it work in a 1-on-1 match; there was always some other move (i.e. grab) that fit the moment better.
This sounds ideal. Grabbing the Smash Ball (or using a Final Smash) could initiate a temporary transformation; KO Mewtwo in his MegaEvo form, and he'll respawn as regular Mewtwo instead. Same going for Lucario.
Could work. But wouldn't it be too unique/unbalanced? Then again, if the upgrade weren't be as massive as, say, Giga Bowser, it could end up both fair and practical...

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Just saying I'm fine with 'Kid Boo' if it means practical specials! And well, Disable was kinda fun to use back in my Doubles Tournament days. But I never found a way to make it work in a 1-on-1 match; there was always some other move (i.e. grab) that fit the moment better.
So the argument here is that kid buu mewtwo here would=practical specials when it would probably be much less work to just buff mewtwo and his specials?

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
So the argument here is that kid buu mewtwo here would=practical specials when it would probably be much less work to just buff mewtwo and his specials?
Naw, more like replacing one of his specials with a transformation that includes an additional 3 specials (like Zelda/Sheik) would seriously bring him up a tier or two. Having a tool for every situation is priceless.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Naw, more like replacing one of his specials with a transformation that includes an additional 3 specials (like Zelda/Sheik) would seriously bring him up a tier or two. Having a tool for every situation is priceless.
And again, that would be a lot more work then just buffing what we currently have (and it's not like Zelda and Shiek or Pokemon Trainer were high tier in brawl...) And seriously it's obvious that Mega mewtwo would probably just completely overshadow regular mewtwo, it's his MEGA evolution the superior form -.- (though mega mewtwo's stats remain to be seen, but seriously if pokemon gives him the same base stat total then seriously, this isn't an evolution it's a ****ing form change stop being a poser!)

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
And again, that would be a lot more work then just buffing what we currently have (and it's not like Zelda and Shiek or Pokemon Trainer were high tier in brawl...) And seriously it's obvious that Mega mewtwo would probably just completely overshadow regular mewtwo, it's his MEGA evolution the superior form -.- (though mega mewtwo's stats remain to be seen, but seriously if pokemon gives him the same base stat total then seriously, this isn't an evolution it's a ****ing form change stop being a poser!)
It's true, but even if it does mean more work, it's something that would make him much more playable AND give a way for the Mega evolution to be represented -- after all, as Sakurai said, they have to take into account what's "hot" in the Pokemon world. It would solve a lot of problems. Of course they could just buff the existing moves, but that would leave some problems on the table.
Oh, and Mega Mewtwo has an increased Speed stat compared to the original. I can't think of any drawbacks, though, so maybe it'd make the most sense as a Final Smash...
That's not the way it works. If there's another forme, then the other forme will be the one who is higher on the tier list.
Yeah, but in practice, all those moves would be accessible by selecting one character. That is a huge bonus in my book!

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I just hope they make him heavier, but still keep his floaty playstyle.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Still hoping new form isnt wasted.
what do you mean? You mean not being used

its impossible at this point for it not to be used I can present mega evolutions in x and y in smash bros and lucario can do the same thing is pokemon now confirmed mewtwo and lucario are now rivals

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I like the idea of the Final Smash causing the transformation that would last until KOed. Perhaps he could be given a Stamina meter instead of the % tally and not take any knockback?

Basically, he'd transform into a boss. All of his specials would get super enhanced (3x charge speed for Shadow Ball, teleport wouldn't send him into freefall and could be repeated etc.) but his attacks would all do his neutral A aerial shock attack.

That'd be really fun, in my opinion.

GingaBread

Smash Cadet
What if final smash made the transformation but it was still selectable as a beginning character like ZZS/Samus? I feel like it would be cool if they made mega mewtwo just like a clone of mewtwo with slightly different stats, hitboxes, combos, etc.
Like what if in Brawl Mario could have turned into doc mario after final smash and you could choose which one to start with with a starting button combo at character select? I feel like that wouldn't take away from Mewtwo in his normal form but for those that actually prefer the newer version they can still learn mewtwo just in a different way.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It's not going to happen pokemon he confirmed that mewtwos form is temporary and shift back to original form after battle when mewtwo holds the mega stone same thing with the other 5

Double post since his form is without a doubt the final smash how long do you think it's going to last and how it will work

Steelia

Smash Champion
Sounds like Mewtwo has a slightly updated cry for its appearance in Pokemon X & Y!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBANW2avk2o

(Jump to about 0:15)

Also, GAME FREAK held the special Pokemon Game Show event in Japan. When allowing people to demo X & Y, Mewtwo was actually the "test" Pokemon given to people playing the demo to test out Mega Evolutions! Nice.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sounds like Mewtwo has a slightly updated cry for its appearance in Pokemon X & Y!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBANW2avk2o

(Jump to about 0:15)

Also, GAME FREAK held the special Pokemon Game Show event in Japan. When allowing people to demo X & Y, Mewtwo was actually the "test" Pokemon given to people playing the demo to test out Mega Evolutions! Nice.
I'm less interested in the cry and more interested in THAT EPIC THEME!!!

HOLY CHEESEBALLS THAT"S AWESOME!!!!

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I'm can't be the only one who absolutely hated Gen 1 and 2's cries?

They sound so digital and out of place compared to all the modern cries...

Steelia

Smash Champion
The Gen I and II cries were so good on the GB handhelds. Then, somehow they got all muffled and distorted when transferred over to GBA. wth? The GBA onward do no justice for Haunter's awesome low-pitched cry. ):

Noticed Mewtwo sounded a bit different in the Mega Evo videos, but thought it was the new cry his Mega form got. So... I guess Mega Evos keep the same cries as the Pokemon they evolve from? Seriously... these things are just like formes...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I can't wait for October since its like practically 100% for mewtwo to come back for revenge o. Super smash brothers

Pkmn x and y come out october

Steelia

Smash Champion
I can't wait for October since its like practically 100% for mewtwo to come back for revenge o. Super smash brothers

Pkmn x and y come out october
Yes, but... would he really reveal one of the potential "secret" characters so soon? Last I heard, he only reveals the starting roster chars, and leaves the secret stuff until the games are released. Luigi being an exception, since it's the "Year of Luigi"... and come on, everyone knows he's in anyway :d

My bets are on either Pokemon Trainer or even Lucario, allowing Mewtwo and (sigh) Jiggs to be hidden unlockables.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yes, but... would he really reveal one of the potential "secret" characters so soon? Last I heard, he only reveals the starting roster chars, and leaves the secret stuff until the games are released. Luigi being an exception, since it's the "Year of Luigi"... and come on, everyone knows he's in anyway :d

My bets are on either Pokemon Trainer or even Lucario, allowing Mewtwo and (sigh) Jiggs to be hidden unlockables.
Yea I agree with that but reminder he was the most downfall character to be kicked from brawl and he's the most requested character at this point even more than Ridley and plus mewtwo might get an acception as well

Oh ps the year of luigi is also I believe is the same day the super Mario bros nes was released

Pokeking

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
I think that Mewtwo's Final Smash will be transforming into MegaMewtwo and will be a transformation like Giga Bowser.

PS: I would like Pokemon Stadium's Mewtwo' battle theme to be in this game.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Luigi is likely a starter this time around, which makes sense considering Sakurai's comment on him.

Mewtwo could very well be a starter too, just to use him to advertise the game with and hype people up.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Luigi is likely a starter this time around, which makes sense considering Sakurai's comment on him.

Mewtwo could very well be a starter too, just to use him to advertise the game with and hype people up.
Not really likly I mean lucario could be the starter and probably change the way to unlock mewtwo from Melee. Instead of playing 20hours total of vs mode divided by the number of controllers. It could be somethi g to due with beating classic with lucario or something

woopyfrood

Smash Lord

I seriously hope for and expect this to happen.

Considering all the promotion Mewtwo is getting (and, by extension, giving to Generation 5) it would not be out of the ordinary for Mewtwo to be revealed early regardless of whether or not he will be unlockable.

I would be very hyped, but mostly because I don't want to be left in the dark until 2014.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I think it would be ******** of Miyamoto not to include him at this point... and since I believe he will get in so much I will just act as if he is confirmed and not stress it when I am in the dark until the relies of the game.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think it would be ******** of Miyamoto not to include him at this point... and since I believe he will get in so much I will just act as if he is confirmed and not stress it when I am in the dark until the relies of the game.
Don't worry about it mewtwo is just way way too popular at this point and don't forget the quote from sakurai on the day of the trailer. And it's the random fan asking about mewtwo and sakurai said we are considering it and obviously at this point 4x mor considering

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Don't worry about it mewtwo is just way way too popular at this point and don't forget the quote from sakurai on the day of the trailer. And it's the random fan asking about mewtwo and sakurai said we are considering it and obviously at this point 4x mor considering
I'm glad that fan said something about mewtwo I just want him back and Pichu (Pichu certainly not coming back ):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom