• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
One way to figure this out is that Mewtwo would follow the transformation order below, much like with how the Pokemon Trainer swaps his Pokemon...

Normal -> X -> Y -> Normal
It'd kind of conflict with how it works in the actual Pokémon games though, and it'd take the unique flavor away from Pokémon Trainer. He'd be better off not having the megas in his moveset at all then imo, as Sakurai himself says, characters have to be really unique in what they can do.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It'd kind of conflict with how it works in the actual Pokémon games though, and it'd take the unique flavor away from Pokémon Trainer. He'd be better off not having the megas in his moveset at all then imo, as Sakurai himself says, characters have to be really unique in what they can do.
I guess the other option is to make the Mega Forms Final Smash moves, and have Mewtwo's Mega Form be chosen at random. However, this will leave a sour taste on Lucario's end.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
A thought actually sprung to mind. While we know little of the customization of this coming game, maybe Mewtwo's FS could be altered via customization?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Mewtwo's final smash is quite an interesting case now that we know he actually has two mega forms..... Perhaps if you press a certain button you can pre-select beforehand to which form to transform for the final smash? :/ (That's assuming he will be using the mega evolution's as his final smash.)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Keep in mind these transformations aren't simply forme changes. Each requires a specific item (Mewtwonite X/Y)

Basically, if people want Mega Mewtwo of any kind, it would need to be holding an item, and need a trainer to activate it.

Then again Smash doesn't make a lick of sense, and the movie kinda disproves that. Whatever is coolest at the time will win.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
HEY. I have an idea about the two transformations via Final Smashes: exclusives.

You have Mewtwo X on the Wii U, Mewtwo Y on the 3DS, or vice-versa. Huh?????

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
For a final smash the options are:
  1. If he is facing right it is one form if he is facing left it is another
  2. X in 1 version and Y in another
  3. X if the opponent is close and y if they are far
  4. X for one input any Y for another

Gune

Smash Lord
For a final smash the options are:
  1. If he is facing right it is one form if he is facing left it is another
  2. X in 1 version and Y in another
  3. X if the opponent is close and y if they are far
  4. X for one input any Y for another
I still think only one form is gonna make smash appearance perticularly the y form but If both get in I want you to be able to input which one you want.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Bam!
The move he's using is Giga Impact, btw

I can't believe this is what Pokémon looks like now. X & Y are going to wreck planet earth with Mega Mewtwo X's Giga Impact alone. I watch this clip over and over and feel nostalgic for both the core Pokémon series AND Pokémon Stadium simultaneously. That is progress!

Hey guys, an idea! Notice how the Wii U Gamepad has two distinct face buttons relevant to our conversation:

What if you held X while selecting Mewtwo and BAM! Mega Mewtwo X.
What if you held Y while selecting Mewtwo and BAM! Mega Mewtwo Y.

Seems so silly and simple, but... ?

(Note: the 3DS also has X and Y buttons, so YEAH.)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hey guys, an idea! Notice how the Wii U Gamepad has two distinct face buttons relevant to our conversation:

Likewise, with #4... oh! How about instead of pressing "A" and "B" for Mewtwo's FS, you press "X" or "Y" on the Classic Controller or something? It'd probably be different buttons if using a Wiimote/nunchuk combo, but that'd be pretty awesome. X Button for Xtwo, Y Button for Ytwo. It's perfect :)
Sorry, Spire :p

Pokemon X & Y are definitely shaping up to be some of the most innovative titles since the 2nd/3rd Gen. If there's a Pokemon Z or some third version, I wonder if Mewtwo will randomly get a Mega Mewtwo Z evo... unless they go with sequels like they did with Black & White.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo Y & X fusion perhaps?

What happens if you give a Mega Evolution of the world's most powerful Pokémon, and fuse them?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sorry, Spire :p

Pokemon X & Y are definitely shaping up to be some of the most innovative titles since the 2nd/3rd Gen. If there's a Pokemon Z or some third version, I wonder if Mewtwo will randomly get a Mega Mewtwo Z evo... unless they go with sequels like they did with Black & White.
I wouldn't be surprise if theres a mewtwo Z if the special edition is pokemon z

you know red and blue and yellow special

cystal for gold and silver

emerald for ruby and sapphire

platinum for diamond and pearl

and final simple sequels to black and white

oh one more thing I definitely think we are going to get orginal mewtwo for playable with a male voice

for one thing everyone is worried about mega forms changing up his body style reminder in the 3rd mewtwo movie he can change to mega form on his own and on top of that he prefers his original form because he does not stay in mewtwo Y for a short time according to the footage on youtube

and sakurai can very well make it so mewtwo can have his original form and make either mega as the final smash

and for the male voice easy hes had a male voice for both the first mewtwo movie and the second mewtwo movie and he is well know with a male voice

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo fusions so we can actually get Mewthree which will have to create it's own universe as to not intentionally harm Earth-lings by it's presence.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That Origin special is gonna be even more awesome now.

If Mewtwo isn't in Smash now, Sakurai HAS been trolling us all along.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hes in another extremly famus thing

If hes not confirmed in super smash brothers 4 then im a unicorn that loves to kill cute things (and im not an evil unicorn)

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

I can't believe this is what Pokémon looks like now. X & Y are going to wreck planet earth with Mega Mewtwo X's Giga Impact alone. I watch this clip over and over and feel nostalgic for both the core Pokémon series AND Pokémon Stadium simultaneously. That is progress!

Not all of us will play with the gamepad...

D

Deleted member

Guess who is appearing in the upcoming Pokemon: The Origin special?

http://youtu.be/049tntARnuM

・∀・ ~

BLARGHIFLARGH-*foams at the mouth*

*dies out of sheer epicness*

Keep in mind these transformations aren't simply forme changes. Each requires a specific item (Mewtwonite X/Y)

Basically, if people want Mega Mewtwo of any kind, it would need to be holding an item, and need a trainer to activate it.

Then again Smash doesn't make a lick of sense, and the movie kinda disproves that. Whatever is coolest at the time will win.
Anime logic.
Femtwo was able to switch to Mega Mewtwo Y and back at will.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
His moveset could have a change, and I found a good moveset video for him. I don't know if this was posted already because I don't feel like reading the entire thread to check this, but here it is:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I have done a little think i know witch move will probably stay the same

Out of his moves in the video witch ones will stay and witch will go

These attacks in my opion are probably going to be it ( not all move im saying has names of pokemon moves nor am going to say precise damage the attack will do but definatly much stronger than melee)

NORMAL ATTACKS

Neutral/combo A (same as melee)

Down A (same or a little zap version of down smash melee)

Up A (same as melee i can't come up with anything got something better than that tail whip)

Foward A ( same as neutral but strong and slightly bigger bang)

Running A (same as melee)

AERIAL ATTACKS

Neutral Aerial (same as melee except with a more orb like range insted of only his body)

Up Aerial ( im changing it but i have no idea with what all i got is a short range swift attack or a shadow claw move that looks just like wolfs Up Aerial)

Down Aerial ( i can't find a move thats worthy to replace but without a doubt replace all i got is a mewtwo sending a short range wave below him)

Forward Aerial ( same but downward like slash so its like a meteor smash and so its more accurate)

BACK Aerial ( same as melee except the tail whip is with his whole entire tail not just the tip and bigger range as well you know a rectangle hitbox on the back and not a tiny square from melee)

THROW ATTACKS

Foward & Back & Up throw & attack while grabing (same as melee)

Down throw (same as melee except instead of a tail whip an explosion)

SMASH ATTACKS

Forward Smash (same as melee)

Down Smash (same as melee except double side on both left and right just like megamans down smash except in explosion form ofcoarse)

Up Smash ( same as melee)

Special attacks

Neutral B (same as melee except slightly bigger ball and takes slightly longer to charge)

Down B (i have 3 possibles
1 a reflect/barrier move just like the fox and falco(melee) but difference when he reflects the move back it will be 1/8 or 1/16 powerfuller
and wolf
2 psystrike could be the finale of mewtwos final smash read final smash
3 transform to mewtwo X its a fighting form so change his move to fighting ones can't comment on moveset for this form though because of not known moveset)

Foward B (change with psycho cut)

Up B (same as melee)

Final smash Mewtwo Y or Mewtwo Y in one X in the other or psystrike
Or Mewtwo Y that ends with psystrike
( if Mewtwo all of his attacks have bigger hit range and power and is faster and can jump higher
similar to wario man but could end with psystrike. His signiture move before he transforms back
And if Mewtwo X his moves will change to extremely powerful fighting moves and end with psystrike as well. And may be no psystrike ending on the forms. And if both forms are possible in both versions A for one for B for the other. Or Y button for Y form or X button for X form.)

Hope you guys can read the final smash part and i hope i punctuate everything correctly but I'm pretty sure I didn't

So what do you guys think

Oh yea jumps, ledge grabbing' running' walking' slow walking(with his hands in finger staple while moving)' all same from melee except a little change with the attack while getting up ( similar to aerial A except 10x shorter and he does still spin during the get up)

Did i miss anything

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Neutral B should not be "more accurate". It was the wave pattern of its motion that made it unique and interesting to dodge.
Take that away and Mewtwo might as well be ripping off Samus.
I mean't in the movies shadow balls he shoots fly straight unlike in melee but you do have a point there for fairness it could fly still the same way it did in melee in ssb4

Steelia

Smash Champion
Neutral B should not be "more accurate". It was the wave pattern of its motion that made it unique and interesting to dodge.
Take that away and Mewtwo might as well be ripping off Samus.
Or at this point, Lucario. Irony.

I kind of hope that they make it so Mewtwo charges his Shadow Ball differently. Samus places a hand on her hand-cannon while charging, and Lucario uses both hands when making Aura Sphere. Maybe Mewtwo could have an upright stance and use only one hand when charging Shadow Ball? Perhaps decrease it in size to make it similar to its movie counterpart (but keep the same zig-zag pattern and strength from SSBM).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Perhaps this Mewtwo might Mega Evolve in Mewtwo X? In any way, it seems Kanto Mewtwo is back again, and that's awesome as ****!

Shadow Ball and, while we're at it, Charge Shot could be about, 2% more powerful in damage I feel. 25% is kinda underwhelming I felt. In Smash 64, the Charge Shot did a whopping 36% damage for example. Anywhere near 27~30% wouldn't be half as bad.

Still hoping for that 'command grab' Side B, with Psychic. Think of a mixed version of Confusion, and Bowser's Brawl Side B. A little more range than Confusion as well, think like 3 x the range? Awesome move for 1 vs 1s, not so much for Free For Alls (cause the animation takes a while to preform). Down B, should be Light Screen. Or even something like Project M's Lucas's Offense Up. In the form of Calm Mind or Meditate?

All in all, I hope they remove the tail sweetspot system. Like Roy, it really limits his range. Priority, speed, weight and overall power of his moves are also in obvious needs of buffs.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shadow Ball was never weak in the first place actually. Overall strenght buffs make semi-charged Shadow Balls also much more useful.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Keeping in mind that Mewtwo also learns Aura Sphere, maybe there can be an aesthetic difference in formes (Y can stick to Shadow Ball, X can use Aura Sphere since it's Psychic/Fighting type). Hell, it even gets Electro/Energy Ball. My dream would be the alt/color you chose determines what color/effect your attacks have, all purely aesthetics. Standard/Purple = Shadow, Shiny/Green = Energy, etc.

Also hope it keeps the same property for the F-throw. Most needlessly badass move ever.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I forgot something to add to movesets i made taunts here they are

Up taunt
rises up a little and crosses his arms and saids something like "Is that all you got" or something didferent

Foward/Back taunt
something like this
0:17 to 0:19
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VR0UYrFYCcg&desktop_uri=/watch?v=VR0UYrFYCcg
(I posted on ipad so coulden't put the video right here on site)
Except his arm is extended out and hes looking in the direction hes in ofcoarse and a slight humph at the end of taunt

Down taunt
Easy same as melee

Are those worthy taunts for mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom