• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Mewtwo could do that classic spooky thing where you have a male and female voice overlapped. Add that level of gender ambiguity.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I never understood why Sakurai didn't just use the blips and beeps from the actual games. I actually figure Mewtwo would make some telekinetic electronic-y sounds, atop having a monotone voice. Granted I based this off of Manga Mewtwo/before the evil dark lord stereotype the anime movie bolstered. Both had the tortured past thing going, but Manga had more savagery.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

Oh cool, I didn't actually realize that Mewtwo had already been depicted as doing the dual-voices thing. While I would choose different voices (I think the female component is too "anime high pitched girl" to have the voices synchronize properly) that is pretty much what I had in mind. I think it's important for the voices to harmonize so there isn't a more prominent voice.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Pokemon Origins to get dub :D

It'll be showing mid-November. Wonder what voice they'll choose for Mewtwo... assuming he speaks.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I can't get to the video its not loading for me

Oh by the way since 2 characters got confirmed on september toon link is the second

It means we are almost guaranteed for mewtwo in october so sonic and mewtwo might get confirmed in october

(But not jumping to conclusions i mean i could be pokemon trainer or jigglypuff or lucario or maybe one of them joins mewtwos confirmation)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The exciting thing is all the vets have potential to be the speculated XY reveal

Jigglypuff is a Dragonslaying Fairy now
Lucario and the Gen 1 starters have Mega Evolutions
Mewtwo has two of them

Only one not in the picture is Pichu.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Only one not in the picture is Pichu.
Sadly, Pichu's 2 generations too late, having been pretty heavily promoted for HGSS and having the Spiky-Eared variant (even having a role in the Arceus movie). More recent than most Smash Bros. characters, but not quite enough anymore with X & Y on the horizon. ):

I am seriously loving how often Mewtwo is showing up now, though. Saw him with Pikachu in one of my Psychology books the other day for 1st generation promotions. That was cool.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Fun fact: Mewtwo was voiced in that by Katsuyoshi konoshi, who voiced Rayquazza.

I support Mewtwo having a female voice though. We need more Female characters (even though Mewtwo is genderless.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mewtwo being voiced by a woman doesn't seem right if you asked me. I mean, for something with a savage desire to battle, you'd think that it would sound more masculine.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I support Mewtwo having a female voice though. We need more Female characters (even though Mewtwo is genderless.
If you want a female version of Mewtwo... support Mew :d

Really, that's how it should be. Mewtwo acting as the more masculine of the two, and is more well-liked by boys; and Mew is the more feminine of the two, being preferred by girls. A big, menacing thing versus a cute, tiny thing. Game Freak is complicating it so much with the introduction of Shetwo.
I find the idea of two Mewtwo in the anime universe fascinating - but the one that has been marketed the longest, the masculine version, should continue to be the version that appears in media like Smash Bros. Unless Sakurai goes out of his way to have Mewtwo voiced differently in both versions of SSB4.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
On Serebii's Facebook page, he stated that this is a different Mewtwo, which is plausible because of Baby Lugia and the in-game birth of the D/P legends in HG/SS.

That being said, Mewtwo having a female voice just means she's a she. The new movie also points this out.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be funny if mew-two's voice changed to the voice of Frieza in DBZ english dub but also making his bloops and bleeps would be really cool as mentioned above but I think we're stuck with scary sounding talking mew-two if he is in sm4sh. Lucario has a gruff voice too and PT and his pokemon talk like the anime :150:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Mewtwo - Frieza

Mega Mewtwo Y - Kid Buu

Mega Mewtwo X - Super Janemba

So, what DBZ villain is MMZ going to look like?

I'm betting either Cell or Bills.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Am I really the only one who thought of Chilled? That more-Mew-like forme/rumor, coupled with both the existence of young/tiny Mewtwo in the spin-off and the lack of a purple-dominant color scheme made it seem like a neat idea to me. Even with that awful orange armor.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Mewtwo - Frieza

Mega Mewtwo Y - Kid Buu

Mega Mewtwo X - Super Janemba

So, what DBZ villain is MMZ going to look like?

I'm betting either Cell or Bills.
Cell and Bills are my two favorite villains from the series (hence the avatar far as the latter), though despite also being a cat, and purple at that, Bills does kinda resemble Lucario a bit more with the whole Anubis sort of design he's sporting, so would be weird for Mewtwo to have a form that's also like that if there was ever a Mega Mewtwo Z.

So uh, Perfect CellMewtwo for the win?

Cooler (Final Form)
A.k.a. Super Shredder Cooler. :cool:

Am I really the only one who thought of Chilled? That more-Mew-like forme/rumor, coupled with both the existence of young/tiny Mewtwo in the spin-off and the lack of a purple-dominant color scheme made it seem like a neat idea to me. Even with that awful orange armor.
Oh, completely forgot about Chilled admittedly. As for the more Mew-like form rumor, I'm guessing it was some sort of mistranslation as far as the timing or something, because that was brought up after we were shown Mega Mewtwo Y, and out of the X and Y forms, Y seems to be the one that's actually "Mew-like", while X is an awesome physical type of Mewtwo that part of me always dreamed of. But anyway I kinda agree with where you're coming from on Chilled for the reasons ya mentioned. lol Yeah, the armor looks like something worn by a wrestler or something.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I'm actually starting to doubt that Mewtwo, or any Pokemon rep, will be revealed around X and Y's release date. It's not that far off, and 3 characters have already been revealed in relatively quick succession.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm actually starting to doubt that Mewtwo, or any Pokemon rep, will be revealed around X and Y's release date. It's not that far off, and 3 characters have already been revealed in relatively quick succession.
Well, to be fair, a lot of other characters could be revealed. However, since there are so many Pokemon veterans, I'm at least HOPING for a Pokemon reveal.

Steelia

Smash Champion
It makes Jiggs look more and more likely. Sakurai's been knocking out the veterans like crazy lately, as they're already established from previous games. Easiest to work with. Either Jiggs, or an unchanged Pokemon Trainer. Would Pkmn Trainer need a newcomer video if his party changed into Charizard, Venusaur, and Blastoise or something...?

D

Deleted member

Before Nintendo Direct: "They just revealed Toon Link, and that was two weeks after Peach. I doubt they will show anybody."

After Nintendo Direct: "They just revealed Sonic right after they revealed Toon Link and Peach. I doubt they will show anybody."

Lesson: Never predict the rate at which characters will be revealed.

Now, I'm not saying there for sure will be a reveal for X/Y's release, but having three recent reveals is not likely to prevent it.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
I don't see why we wouldn't get a Pokemon reveal. The real question is "Who will it be?"

Jiggz is the safe bet.
Mewtwo is the awesome bet.
Both is the "OMG YES" bet.

I like Trainer but if he comes back I hope his monsters get an overhaul.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Actually, Lucario is the safe bet.

And if they were to do a dual-reveal for Pokemon at all, I guarantee you that it would be Lucario and Mewtwo, complete with them fighting in Mewtwo's reveal cinematic.

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
Actually, Lucario is the safe bet.

And if they were to do a dual-reveal for Pokemon at all, I guarantee you that it would be Lucario and Mewtwo, complete with them fighting in Mewtwo's reveal cinematic.
This actually makes some sense, a double reveal would fitting since they are really hiping x/y

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So the Pokemon revealed was... Sonic? :troll:

Steelia

Smash Champion
So the Pokemon: Origins special just finished airing. Was anyone else able to catch a stream :) ?

Seeing Mewtwo 1-hit KO Red's Articuno was amazing. Good to know Game Freak still remembers how to make Mewtwo incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom