• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Now I'm wanting to see the movie more again, even if only to witness the rest of Newtwo's feats. Yeah, if they were to show any kind of scenario in the anime or something of Lucario standing a chance or let alone on even ground against Mewtwo (regardless of forms), it would be just unexplained fanservice made for those who like their "rivalry".

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, Mewtwo's 'new form' is actually a Mega Evolution. Which are said to be temporary evolutions in battle only. So it's likely Mewtwo's Mega Evolution will not get any stat losses. Say, the implied loss of Attack and Defence for a boost in Speed. Many have suggested the 'old design' of Mewtwo would be a stronger, heavier but slower version of the character, and the 'new form' would be faster and lighter.

I think a Mega Evolution would be a great Final Smash for both Mewtwo and Lucario. Could see them both working slightly different though, Mewtwo's being more Super Sonic- like, and Lucario's being more like Wario-Man. Heck, Mewtwo's Mega Evolution could be similar to Diddy's or Yoshi's to. Just flying around, and blasting fools with Psychic blasts, but likely at faster speeds.

I'm pretty confident they'll use Mewtwo's normal design as a base character cause of this. Which is awesome. And now slightly more justified, cause with the Mega Evolutions Mewtwo isn't nearly as powerful as before in his universe. Kinda like how we have Ganondorf, Ganon in his human form, playable instead of Ganon (who is also a Final Smash). So yeah, this all bodes well for Mewtwo I think.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Serebii(a website) Said when Mewtwo gets into his Mega Evolution his speed is increased, I'm not sure about other stats though. And since it's temporary, maybe it could be like Sheik/Zelda.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How about making it somewhat like Wario's Down B? It has to be build up (regardless of damage) and when the transformation is ready, Mewtwo glows in a white light.

Nah, **** it, just make it a Final Smash already. I'm not so keen on seeing regular Mewtwo being outshined by his faster counterpart (as ZSS > Samus and Sheik > Zelda).

MagnesD3

Smash Master
How about making it somewhat like Wario's Down B? It has to be build up (regardless of damage) and when the transformation is ready, Mewtwo glows in a white light.

Nah, **** it, just make it a Final Smash already. I'm not so keen on seeing regular Mewtwo being outshined by his faster counterpart (as ZSS > Samus and Sheik > Zelda).
For mewtwo it should be earned by doing so much damage to the opponent and for lucario it should be maxing out his aura or taking so much damage, It would be amazing I just hope sakurai doesnt put them in the item garbage bin...

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Ugh no, my puff is stayin. Gen 6 will be very repped with jiggly being a fairy type, Mega Lucario and Mega Mewtwo in smash.
Yes I 100% agree, they'd be equivalent to 1 whole 6th gen pokemon getting repped. Pretty much enough for Gen 6. Smash team would look at Gen 2,3, or 5 whenever they feel like going for another pokemon as a new-comer or Pichu as a returning character.

D

Deleted member 212841

I just hope sakurai doesnt put them in the item garbage bin...
Actually, that's exactly where I hope Mega Mewtwo goes.

Anyways, not entirely related to Smash but don't assume there aren't any stat drops just because they don't mention them on Serebii. We were given similar information when the Therians were first leaked and it turned out the extra stats they got came from someplace else. So Classictwo may very well remain the slower stronger variant while Spermtwo is the faster weaker one.

Although, on pokemonxy.com they talk about Spermtwo having extra focus and that his Sp.Atk will overwhelm his opponents. However, Serebii has not mentioned any stat changes for anybody besides Absol and Lucario and pokemon.com can often be odd and misleading so I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Actually, that's exactly where I hope Mega Mewtwo goes.

Anyways, not entirely related to Smash but don't assume there aren't any stat drops just because they don't mention them on Serebii. We were given similar information when the Therians were first leaked and it turned out the extra stats they got came from someplace else. So Classictwo may very well remain the slower stronger variant while Spermtwo is the faster weaker one.

Although, on pokemonxy.com they talk about Spermtwo having extra focus and that his Sp.Atk will overwhelm his opponents. However, Serebii has not mentioned any stat changes for anybody besides Absol and Lucario and pokemon.com can often be odd and misleading so I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.
Mega Evolutions are meant to be short-lived power-ups, they're meant to make the Pokémon better in just about every way. Newtwo is gonna be stronger than Classictwo, but you can't use him permanently, so it'd make sense to introduce it as a Final Smash.

Now that Mewtwo and Lucario have equal chances of getting in together, maybe they can gang up on Jigglypuff and knock the veteran status out of her! :3
Having all 3 of them in would make sense. In that way they're repping both Mega Evos and the Fairy-type, thus repping the two new main features of X & Y. They're likely all going to stay.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Mega Evolutions are meant to be short-lived power-ups, they're meant to make the Pokémon better in just about every way. Newtwo is gonna be stronger than Classictwo, but you can't use him permanently, so it'd make sense to introduce it as a Final Smash.
There's an older Gamecube game I played called Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee, where you get a special power-up and enter what's called "Rage Mode". In this mode, your attack power increases, but the power-up itself only lasts about 25 seconds. Within that 25s, you have the option to unleash your ultimate Rage Attack - which immediately ends Rage Mode when performed.
So...
Perhaps when Mewtwo grabs the Smash Ball, he automatically transforms into his Mega Mewtwo form, giving him enhanced power, but the Smash Ball effect could disappear after a set time? And while Mega, he can unleash his Final Smash... but end his MegaEvo immediately.
I dunno. He'd be more powerful, but not unstoppable like Wario-Man, Super Sonic, or Giga Bowser.

Having all 3 of them in would make sense. In that way they're repping both Mega Evos and the Fairy-type, thus repping the two new main features of X & Y. They're likely all going to stay.
So... what happens to Pokemon Trainer? Given the limitations of the 3DS, and the number of reps he already carries... now it's starting to look worse for him. As far as I'm concerned, if we don't see a Mega Charizard in the next month or two prior to the Pkmn X/Y game releases, things look grim for him.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So... what happens to Pokemon Trainer? Given the limitations of the 3DS, and the number of reps he already carries... now it's starting to look worse for him. As far as I'm concerned, if we don't see a Mega Charizard in the next month or two prior to the Pkmn X/Y game releases, things look grim for him.
The 3DS can easily carry Pokémon Trainer, it's being criminally underestimated. The problem with the Ice Climbers isn't that the 3DS is having trouble carrying their weight, it can easily do that, it can be anything from an AI problem to being hard to distinguish between the Climbers on a small screen. Pokémon Trainer has only one character out at a time, so he's no problem.

The way I see it is that Jiggs, Lucario and Mewtwo will represent 6th Gen, while Pikachu and Pokémon Trainer will represent the fan favorites. It's just like Marth staying in Brawl despite not having been included in anything for ages. Pokémon Trainer is safe, 5 Pokémon reps is in no way unrealistic, especially given the nature of the series.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Marth has been in EVERY Fire Emblem title after Brawl I'll have you know... :marth:

MagnesD3

Smash Master

As said in an earlier post I have a transformation mechanic that you earn through mewtwos focus (your focus is earned by inflicting damage to the opponent) when you inflict 90 damage you can transform by hitting a button (currently down taught) to become mega mewtwo until you are ko'd then you start the process all over again. (Thinking about making the more focus you have the faster mewtwo is, due to mega mewtwo being speed based)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As said in an earlier post I have a transformation mechanic that you earn through mewtwos focus (your focus is earned by inflicting damage to the opponent) when you inflict 90 damage you can transform by hitting a button (currently down taught) to become mega mewtwo until you are ko'd then you start the process all over again. (Thinking about making the more focus you have the faster mewtwo is, due to mega mewtwo being speed based)
That could work too. I actually like the concept of having like this last resort mechanic.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If anything, I wanna oppose Lucario-like gimmicks for Mewtwo with all my might.

Please. Lucario's Aura was already bad. This would be a million times worse.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea because of lucario and mewtwo rivalry in gen 6 according to the picture and lucario also has a mega form like mewtwo we are now likly to be wrong about lucario being kicked and both can fight each other in wii u

D

Deleted member 212841

Actually, we haven't had much confirmation about how exactly this functions. All we know is that they have to hold a specific Mega Stone item (by the looks of things they'll be called Xite for each mon) and that they only transform during battle and revert afterwards. This could very well just be a Tina-O like mechanic except that it transforms at the start of the battle and reverts at the end. (but for all intents and purposes functions exactly the same way) Or is could be some sort of triggered event that equalizes the match much like the Smash Ball is intended to do. It's impossible to tell at this point. Either way, just because it says that they receive specific stat buffs doesn't mean there won't be drops someplace else. The Therians were advertised in a similar fashion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why not just have Mewtwo as a newcomer and leave all others alone?

Steelia

Smash Champion
The way I see it is that Jiggs, Lucario and Mewtwo will represent 6th Gen, while Pikachu and Pokémon Trainer will represent the fan favorites. It's just like Marth staying in Brawl despite not having been included in anything for ages.
Marth (and Roy) helped make Fire Emblem into what it is today, especially in the West. He's had a huge impact on the series. Well... that, and being the first FE Lord. Not sure if his popular tier status in SSBM helped him out, too.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I don't see why all these proposed poke-veteran cuts are coming into play here either, hell Mewtwo didn't even get cut in the proper scene, they simply ran out of time...

Steelia

Smash Champion

dat opening music, omg
He better have some sick Death Note intro music like that when he gets reintroduced. itshappening.gif

Steelia

Smash Champion
Something else interesting... Here are the official soundtrack covers for Pokemon X & Y:

The two on the left are mascots of X & Y... and on the right is Mega Mewtwo. Mewtwo confirmed for third game mascot

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo as the mascot of the 3rd game would be awesome as ****

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
It would indeed kick butt. Then again, after X and Y comes Z, and I'm not sure if Mewtwo could represent Z very well. :/

Anyway, I think Mega Mewtwo will be a transformational Final Smash, being able to change forms at will just doesn't match the flavor. On the other hand, the transformation, based on what we've heard, lasts until he leaves the battlefield...

MagnesD3

Smash Master
It would indeed kick butt. Then again, after X and Y comes Z, and I'm not sure if Mewtwo could represent Z very well. :/

Anyway, I think Mega Mewtwo will be a transformational Final Smash, being able to change forms at will just doesn't match the flavor. On the other hand, the transformation, based on what we've heard, lasts until he leaves the battlefield...
Z will be a pokemon in both games and then will be marketed for the mascot of a third entry most likely.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Just chiming into the mega mewtwo ordeal, I don't want gimmicky bs or a shiek style transformation just make him a final smash and leave my mewtwo be >.> *walks away*

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Just chiming into the mega mewtwo ordeal, I don't want gimmicky bs or a shiek style transformation just make him a final smash and leave my mewtwo be >.> *walks away*
While he does have a couple of moves that need to be replaced or buffed, Mega Mewtwo should be a Final Smash in my opinion too. That, or take out Disable and put in a temporary transformation with a few new moves and I'm all for Mega. Better more utility via change than same old Mewtwo with a couple of semi-useless specials.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
While he does have a couple of moves that need to be replaced or buffed, Mega Mewtwo should be a Final Smash in my opinion too. That, or take out Disable and put in a temporary transformation with a few new moves and I'm all for Mega. Better more utility via change than same old Mewtwo with a couple of semi-useless specials.
Well who says they couldn't fix the specials... And some of his other problems. Better that then Kid Buu >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom