• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Mewtwo will have shadow ball. (If hes in it). If you have seen the original pokemon movie then you would understand.
I'm a day late, but Welcome to Smashboards. Thanks for Joining~

But to be frank, relating pokemon attacks shown in movies with special moves in Smash & putting them together don't match. That's almost like saying Pikachu will have Thunderbolt because he uses it in the anime all the time, yet he doesn't have a thunderbolt move. The more recent movie Legend of Genesect may be referenced to for modern Mewtwo to replace Shadow Ball, & she didn't throw anything that resembled Shadow Balls at all, more-like they appear as Aura Spheres (to me, they're not purple:ohwell:).'
But regarding Smash Mewtwo, he/she may retain Shadow Ball, or may not retain Shadow Ball. It all depends on Sakurai. The dynamic change of either removing, or keeping are equal in reasons why.
I don't think that would be fair. I mean, sure I want Mewtwo. Dlc or not i would buy it. I just think it won't be fair to others who didn't buy the DLC. DLCs are supposed to custom items that don't affect the game.
DLC to be via custom items in Super Smash Brothers only??? DLC appears to be the crucial quota for WiiU's roster, persay if the 3DS won't have IC's or Mewtwo. A large game title like Mario Kart 8 getting DLC packs being Amiibo compatible, it's logical to think ahead that Smash will provide DLC later this year or next year too. Implying that Nintendo would put out characters in packs or single purchases, it seems unfair but they're a business company & unfortunately for us if they want profit through their DLC, they may decide to put Mewtwo in that category. He'd certainly make them $$$$$$$$$$. Characters are the main appeal & by golly they'd do it knowing how much demand he commands to millions & millions.

Characters like Ice Climbers wouldn't be $$$ DLC due to their own issues & difficulties being in the 3DS. I'm personally against purchasing DLC to get my own content in the game, but I'll pay if I have to.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm a day late, but Welcome to Smashboards. Thanks for Joining~

But to be frank, relating pokemon attacks shown in movies with special moves in Smash & putting them together don't match. That's almost like saying Pikachu will have Thunderbolt because he uses it in the anime all the time, yet he doesn't have a thunderbolt move. The more recent movie Legend of Extremespeed Genesect may be referenced to for modern Mewtwo to replace Shadow Ball, & she didn't throw anything that resembled Shadow Balls at all, more-like they appear as Aura Spheres (to me, they're not purple:ohwell:)

But regarding Smash Mewtwo, he/she may retain Shadow Ball, or may not retain Shadow Ball. It all depends on Sakurai. The dynamic change of either removing, or keeping are equal in reasons why.
To be fair, Puff had attacks based on the anime, like singing.

And yes, Femtwo used Aura Sphere in ESpeed Genesect. I personally don't care what the neutral B is as long as it's functional.

your misnaming of the genesect movie is uneggceptable :4yoshi:

YoshiplayerX

Smash Apprentice
If Mewtwo is not in the final game(i hope not, but the chance is not very high at the moment) he will DEFINITLY Dlc because everyone wantet Mewtwo back!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
To be fair, Puff had attacks based on the anime, like singing.

And yes, Femtwo used Aura Sphere in ESpeed Genesect. I personally don't care what the neutral B is as long as it's functional.

your misnaming of the genesect movie is uneggceptable :4yoshi:
Touche, Jigglypuff to my knowledge was iconic to us for Sing, & Rest(?), but Pound was actually not the case, since Jigglypuff used Doubleslap & Roll-out is just ridiculous just like Rest is in Smash.

Forgive prease, never watched the movie & spoiled myself by just watching the fight scenes between Femtwo VS Genesect(s) only.:p
If Mewtwo is not in the final game(i hope not, but the chance is not very high at the moment) he will DEFINITLY Dlc because everyone wantet Mewtwo back!
Eggsactly:yoshi2:

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I swear there will be riots and molotov cocktails will fly into Nintendo HQ if Mewtwo isn't in smash 4!

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Assuming the dark possibility that characters are being quartered off as DLC to milk specific fandoms, Mewtwo not being DLC would be tantamount to Nintendo throwing away money. Of the "big three" (Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo) Mewtwo is easily the lowest cost to opportunity, as he is slightly more universally liked and recognized, and he probably has unfinished data in SSB4 to use as a starting point, meaning the job would already be partly done.

I've said it before: I do not look forward to having to pay for Mewtwo, but all we need is a DLC confirmation. That is his (and others') safety net.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Finally closing in. With less than two weeks until the release date, we're undoubtedly nearing that "last minute Smash Direct" period. Mewtwo's unveiling is nigh. Just a few more days.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Finally closing in. With less than two weeks until the release date, we're undoubtedly nearing that "last minute Smash Direct" period. Mewtwo's unveiling is nigh. Just a few more days.
Even if he doesn't get revealed officially, I'm pretty sure a Japanese player is going to come across his existence as a secret character.

Either way, the Internet's gonna explode with psychic energy soon.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Even if he doesn't get revealed officially, I'm pretty sure a Japanese player is going to come across his existence as a secret character.

Either way, the Internet's gonna explode with psychic energy soon.
Given how they revealed Captain Falcon, I'm pretty sure Mewtwo is making it into that final trailer. Mewtwo's demand to be in Smash is far greater than the Captain's. Plus, he was skipped over for a generation, and that means bringing him back will bring even bigger hype.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Man I go to sleep this has 150 more posts,some 4 Chan guy deconfirms lies random gifs...I want Mewtwo to have shadow ball with the melee pushback.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
October 3rd, Midnight. [Honestly Nintendo, what's the point of reveals at that date?] -.-

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
October 3rd, Midnight. [Honestly Nintendo, what's the point of reveals at that date?] -.-
That email was in regards to the US release, exactly the way it says in the email title. "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS launch time announced". It's not announcing a reveal trailer.

The Mewtwo trailer is coming on September 3rd.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
That email was in regards to the US release, exactly the way it says in the email title. "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS launch time announced". It's not announcing a reveal trailer.

Watch that actually be correct and we all praise you as our god/dess.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

If that turns out false I'm mauling you with a sledgehammer like I did several others who tamper with my hype.

jk lol :seuss:

nobody mauled me when my insane mewtwo theories were incorrect :p

But if turns out true I'll make a small comic in your honor :seuss:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I have mentioned the prediction before, but I'm going to go ahead and flesh it out a little.

Either tomorrow or Tuesday we will get an announcement of a Smash Bros. Direct on Wednesday. The Direct is going to be awesome, and will end with a trailer (it might begin with one as well, but I think it's definitely going to end with one). That final trailer is where we'll get Mewtwo and Ridley.

If this prediction is correct, I am going to be a little cocky for a day.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
I have mentioned the prediction before, but I'm going to go ahead and flesh it out a little.

Either tomorrow or Tuesday we will get an announcement of a Smash Bros. Direct on Wednesday. The Direct is going to be awesome, and will end with a trailer (it might begin with one as well, but I think it's definitely going to end with one). That final trailer is where we'll get Mewtwo and Ridley.

If this prediction is correct, I am going to be a little cocky for a day.
Is this just a prediction? Because the way you were wording it before, it sounded like leaked info from an inside source.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Even if your predictions are completely baseless, they still give me something to look forward to.

Here's to hoping some serious stuff happens this week. Some of which involving Mewtwo.

I've been starting to have vivid dreams of Mewtwo being confirmed; I'm not sure if this level of hope is actually healthy or not lol. Maybe it's a VISION!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Is this just a prediction? Because the way you were wording it before, it sounded like leaked info from an inside source.
Well, if it was a leak, I would hardly admit that to you all. I value my sources too much.

But it's just a prediction. I suppose it is possible that we get an absolute last minute reveal, but I find it doubtful, because I don't see Nintendo doing the marketing like that. Doing it ten days before (as they did with Hyrule Warriors) gets the news out to the people the news is actually intended for: Those who aren't already buying the game. Marketing to the fans is great, but why do a reveal in the last three days when only those who are already buying the game are going to be watching? You advertise to people who might be buying your product. Not to the dedicated fans who are already throwing money at you (you do work to please those fans, of course, but you create the game for them, you don't advertise for them).

No, I'm pretty sure we'll be getting it at the ten day mark again.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Given how they revealed Captain Falcon, I'm pretty sure Mewtwo is making it into that final trailer. Mewtwo's demand to be in Smash is far greater than the Captain's. Plus, he was skipped over for a generation, and that means bringing him back will bring even bigger hype.
. .You're joking right? It makes sense that you post in regards of Falcon already in, favoring you convenience, yet Captain Falcon doesn't need any demand because he is & will always be one of thee faces & meaning of Super Smash Brothers. I'm coming off as subjective but Falcon Punch > Mewtwo. I do agree with everything else except what I underlined.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
. .You're joking right? It makes sense that you post in regards of Falcon already in, favoring you convenience, yet Captain Falcon doesn't need any demand because he is & will always be one of thee faces & meaning of Super Smash Brothers. I'm coming off as subjective but Falcon Punch > Mewtwo. I do agree with everything else except what I underlined.
To be fair, the desire can shift from "when will Falcon be revealed, he's a shoe in" to "is Mewtwo in, he's got tons of reasons to be in".

He says Mewtwo because like you said, Falcon's guaranteed, but Mewtwo's popularity power and reasoning to be in Smash almost rivals Falcon's memetic status. Just saying.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
To be fair, the desire can shift from "when will Falcon be revealed, he's a shoe in" to "is Mewtwo in, he's got tons of reasons to be in".

He says Mewtwo because like you said, Falcon's guaranteed, but Mewtwo's popularity power and reasoning to be in Smash almost rivals Falcon's memetic status. Just saying.
This. While Falcon has a huge following, and definite iconic status in Smash, everyone saw him as a shoo-in. There was much less fan demand to see Falcon in the game, because almost everyone KNEW he was going to be in. There was no real reason to show him off in a trailer that way (especially since the trailer didn't show his Falcon Punch).

If you were going to show any veteran in a trailer, Mewtwo makes the most sense. The fact that they showed Captain Falcon in one made Mewtwo's presence in the final one sort of a shoo-in. It already set a precedent for veterans appearing in trailers (much more so than Charizard and Pikachu did).

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

why dont we solve it this way give mewtwo a falcon punch makes as much sense as ganondorf :chuckle:

YoshiplayerX

Smash Apprentice
i can play the game i think at september 29th or 30th september.
we have on 3rd october a public holiday:)
so it comes here on 2nd october, but i have a store in my town that gives games 2 or 3 days before the release out. :)
Please Sakurai we need a Direct:substitute:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
i can play the game i think at september 29th or 30th september.
we have on 3rd october a public holiday:)
so it comes here on 2nd october, but i have a store in my town that gives games 2 or 3 days before the release out. :)
Please Sakurai we need a Direct:substitute:
lucky but to be fair im just glasd the game is only a month away

Mewtwosmash

Smash Rookie
Wait a sec, October 3rd is the English release date for ssb4 3ds version, how can there be a reveal?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Wait a sec, October 3rd is the English release date for ssb4 3ds version, how can there be a reveal?
It's just a nice trailer at midnight for the English fans. Sure, we'll probably know the roster from Japanese leaks, but one last trailer is still a nice thing to watch.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It's just a nice trailer at midnight for the English fans. Sure, we'll probably know the roster from Japanese leaks, but one last trailer is still a nice thing to watch.
No, it's not. The email isn't saying anything about a midnight trailer.

Email text:

Title: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS launch time announced

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Midnight, October 3rd

New character trailer and more
Official Site (link button)

It isn't saying that there is a trailer coming on release day, it's saying the game is going to be available at midnight on the 3rd. The "New character trailer" was referring to the Shulk trailer, and you can access it directly through the main site button.

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Man I've been so anxious about Mewtwo ever since the leak turned out to be true... The roster we're getting is pretty perfect imo, but it needs Mewtwo. Why would Mewtwo not come back is my question, especially with so many Mario reps I feel like the leak blew the whole "too many reps" thing out of the water as well. He's unique, he's extremely popular, a legendary pokemon, Dr. Mario is returning. These are all good signs, right? But I'm still worried. I hope Sakurai makes the right decision, no Mewtwo would be very upsetting. I still hate Lucario since Brawl even though it was probably not even his fault.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
No, it's not. The email isn't saying anything about a midnight trailer.

Email text:

It isn't saying that there is a trailer coming on release day, it's saying the game is going to be available at midnight on the 3rd. The "New character trailer" was referring to the Shulk trailer, and you can access it directly through the main site button.
I apologize for the misunderstanding then, I was under the impression it was a new trailer coming around the release date. I don't think I received the email (I barely check mine anyway), so I was just going off of what I've been told.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Man I've been so anxious about Mewtwo ever since the leak turned out to be true... The roster we're getting is pretty perfect imo, but it needs Mewtwo. Why would Mewtwo not come back is my question, especially with so many Mario reps I feel like the leak blew the whole "too many reps" thing out of the water as well. He's unique, he's extremely popular, a legendary pokemon, Dr. Mario is returning. These are all good signs, right? But I'm still worried. I hope Sakurai makes the right decision, no Mewtwo would be very upsetting. I still hate Lucario since Brawl even though it was probably not even his fault.
i wouldnt worry we have a lot going for mewtwo we just need to worry about how good is mewtwo in this game

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I apologize for the misunderstanding then, I was under the impression it was a new trailer coming around the release date. I don't think I received the email (I barely check mine anyway), so I was just going off of what I've been told.
No worries. You were not the only one who made that mistake. A lot of people did, especially those who didn't read the email title/subject line.

I'm just kind of sick of explaining it. Sorry if I came off as too harsh.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
No worries. You were not the only one who made that mistake. A lot of people did, especially those who didn't read the email title/subject line.

I'm just kind of sick of explaining it. Sorry if I came off as too harsh.
Anyone would be kinda mad explaining it over and over, so it's rather justified...

...but I love the idea regardless.

Is it just me or does english shulk sound like a cockney?:awesome:
There's a Shulk forum. Go there.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

*Was afk*
Mirror mirror on the wall, who's Liquid of them all?:yoshi2: Although I never eggsactly said he's guaranteed, I did go on saying he's the one of Super Smash Brothers meaning, disregarding his O12 status since it's not something Falcon holds onto as a crutch.
why dont we solve it this way give mewtwo a falcon punch makes as much sense as ganondorf :chuckle:
Shadow Punch confirmed.:falconmelee:
There's no reason to hate on Lucario one bit now. AS succeeded SB easily, & frankly Lucario turned out to be a better character viably. He's under-played is all. I feel out of all the obvious points in favor of Mewtwo as a Smash fighter, his point being a legendary pokemon seems to be over-looked by some. Not every legendary pokemon is considered playable let alone demanded to be in Smash in the first place. Mewtwo is by far the most requested & likely legendary pokemon. So worry not~
i wouldnt worry we have a lot going for mewtwo we just need to worry about how good is mewtwo in this game
Well said. .Well said. I'll be attending to that worry about Mewtwo straight off the bat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom