• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Best thing you can do is report him. Its what Ive been doing.
Report and ignore. I'm in this particular thread a lot, but not 24 hours a day. Asking this stuff in a thread just derails the discussion, if not further, nor can the staff be altered to deal with said mishap quickly.

So yeah, get back on topic everyone.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
People, if you have a problem with someone's posts, just report it and be done with it. DON'T make a post complaining about it. That only feeds the flames, and it will be treated as spam too.

:4greninja:

Last edited:

Mewtwosmash

Smash Rookie
Here's what I think :mewtwopm:'s costumes will be if he gets in the new game:
1.regular form=modern Mewtwo
2.armour
3.classic Mewtwo(with blue tail)
4.femtwo

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I really do hope they add armour Mewtwo although I highly doubt it unfortunately.

Seeing Mewtwo in armour in HD would be a sight to see.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Welll....Technically. Only Shulk and Bowser Jr. are confirmed. We got gameplay of them. Anyone can photoshop an image. Either way. As said before, that isn't the entire roster....

This is clearly the entire roster. Look how blurry it is. :4falcon:
Where did you get this? Another leak from the same guy?

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
(Post contains 4 GIFs)

Mewtwo's been cut due to restraints once...

I don't think it'll allow that to happen again.

*In case you're wondering I got VERY bored.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
The main costumes / alternate swaps that imho NEED to be select-able disregarding DLC costumes / swaps for a moment, would be:
  • Default (Depending if default is Melee Mewtwo with different VA, or to be recent with the times, the default is actually femtwo with her given VA)
  • Armored suit from Strikes Back!. This costume is heavily in favor of nostalgia fans who watched the first movie.
  • Femtwo / Mantwo varying with who the Default costume is.
  • Shiny Mewtwo being his green palette 2 birds 1 stone deal.
The rest can be fill-ins of re-color over any of his previous palettes, or add-in new ones like his Returns brown cloak & such. Interesting information I skimmed to find:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Pokémon#Super_Smash_Bros.
(I replaced the names for pokemon emotes in the quote)
In the Super Smash Bros. series, :mewtwomelee:, :squirtle:, :ivysaur:, :charizard:, and :lucario: each have several different colorations exclusive to the series. One of :pikachu2:'s alternate colorations is its Shiny coloration wearing Red's hat, and one of :jigglypuff:'s is its Shiny coloration wearing a straw hat; however, all other playable Pokémon in the series, except Mewtwo, do not have their actual Shiny coloration as an alternate coloration.
However, looking at http://www.ssbwiki.com/Palette_swap_(SSBB)#Pok.C3.A9mon_Trainer, It says there:
  • Green: The trainer takes on the color scheme of Brendan as he appeared in Pokémon Emerald. (Green Team color, file 02)
    • Ivysaur and Squirtle resemble their respective shiny colors.
I looked up Shiny Squirtle & Shiny Ivysaur myself & it's no doubt that their green color origin's are indeed to resemble their shiny colors.

Bottom line is: Pokemon palettes often have their Shiny color as one, but like Charizard & Lucario, They don't NEED them that much. Though they may give Charizard his shiny via palette.
I would know that broken U-tilt from anywhere & it's Project M Mewtwo.:mewtwopm:

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Hey @ CryoGX CryoGX I know what project m is
Okay, hopefully this helps out anyone wondering.

PM is a mod for Brawl that changes up the balance of things (significantly: Meta Knight is nerfed in this mod), makes things faster paced and more skill-based closer to Melee (Yep, the "M" stands for "Melee".)

It's probably the most popular modification of Brawl in existence.

It also features alternate costumes for characters, and the return of Mewtwo and Roy from Melee.

The Pokemon Trainer is no more, and Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle are their own separate Pokemon with their own movesets.

PM Homepage: http://projectmgame.com/en/

PM Mewtwo Page: http://projectmgame.com/en/characters/mewtwo

Base

Armored Alt Costume

Last edited:

YoshiplayerX

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo will not be in the final game.
Sakurai give a **** on the Mewtwo fans and that makes me really sad.
He think: Lets make Dog Hunt Dog a character insteand of Mewtwo.
Mewtwo is in no picture leak and in no video leak:(
I really want Mewtwo back but I think we have lost once again.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Welll....Technically. Only Shulk and Bowser Jr. are confirmed. We got gameplay of them. Anyone can photoshop an image. Either way. As said before, that isn't the entire roster....

This is clearly the entire roster. Look how blurry it is. :4falcon:
I would have been 100% ok with this, if it weren't for the fact that Dr. Mario's portrait is different sob

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
The 4chan text leak is fake, its just trolling/taking advantage of the vulnerable situation. I just didn't agree with the whole "He's more important/higher priority than Jigglypuff/Lucario" since there is literally no evidence behind it, unless Sakurai has said it himself.

I still believe he's in though. He's top 5, if not top 3, most wanted character in both US & Japan. He's a vet, so they don't need to come up with a moveset. He was planned to be in brawl, and this time around it doesn't seen like there is a time constraint against him (especially if we're counting DLC).

Whether or not he's going to be in the 3DS version at launch is really the only question imo.
this is why we shouldnt listen to 4chan leaks! (almost gave me a heart attack.....)

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Thats what i said a couple pages back :D

Yeah same eveybody belived it for a few posts :/
just hold tight. sakurai i doubt would let this much of a demand go ignored. hes a troll, but he usually likes to keep us waiting as long as possible for that character we are all starving for. but he will eventually reveal it. i doubt it will be revealed before the japanese launch, but i could be wrong.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
just hold tight. sakurai i doubt would let this much of a demand go ignored. hes a troll, but he usually likes to keep us waiting as long as possible for that character we are all starving for. but he will eventually reveal it. i doubt it will be revealed before the japanese launch, but i could be wrong.
yeah i guess but mega man was revealed at the start of developent? then again shulk was only just confirmed and mewtwo is the 1# most requested so hes probs just trolling :D SEE THIS IS WHY I LOVE SMASHBOARDS :)

Spirst

Out of curiosity, and if the supposed leak is correct, was Dr. Mario really more fan-requested than Mewtwo?

Mewtwosmash

Smash Rookie
Mega man was revealed early to show off the game and was a fan favourite at the time, however, really really popular characters (Mewtwo,Ridley) will be revealed later on (ie just before global release) to drive sales even higher. Just my thoughts though!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
When I tried getting Mewtwo, they only had Froakie. The next time I went, they no longer had Pokemon toys...

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Mega man was revealed early to show off the game and was a fan favourite at the time, however, really really popular characters (Mewtwo,Ridley) will be revealed later on (ie just before global release) to drive sales even higher. Just my thoughts though!
It does seem logical and sakurai kinda kills 2 birds with 1 stone! by leaving the SUPER popular characters to be the last revealed the game will keep its hype so nintendo will get alot of money from the game and he gets to do what sakurai does best trolling!
Bah. I'm so disappointed. I waited how long for this to finally come out here,

http://www.happymeal.com.au/en_AU/index.html#/BoyIntro

and low and behold, we only get 8 of the toys. So, no Mewtwo :(
Is this really relevant to smash 4 XD

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
It does seem logical and sakurai kinda kills 2 birds with 1 stone! by leaving the SUPER popular characters to be the last revealed the game will keep its hype so nintendo will get alot of money from the game and he gets to do what sakurai does best trolling!

Is this really relevant to smash 4 XD
Not really, but. Mewtwo :p

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman

Credit to Elemental-Aura on Deviantart for the banner

The original legendary Psychic Pokemon and low tier in Melee has very big chances to make it in Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Do you not believe us? Keep reading.

General Evidence:

-Most requested character in Japan.
-Most requested character according to a recent Miiverse poll after Snake.
-Popularity spike before and during SSB4's development with movies, Mega Evolutions and specials.
-Planned for all Smash Bros. games including 64 and Brawl.

Common counter arguments:

#1-Clone of Lucario

THE most common "argument" to Mewtwo's exclusion. This argument is the equivalent to Ridley's "too big" argument. Both Mewtwo and Lucario were planned for Brawl as Mewtwo is part of the Forbidden 7(unfinished character data), and there exists no concrete evidence that Lucario was to replace him. Other "facts" to this argument like similar moves, similar builds are irrelevant.
#2-Irrelevant in recent years/not popular

This argument is bogus because he's not irrelevant at all. Before SSB4's development, Mewtwo got a (controversial) movie centering around it and the legendary Pokemon Genesect, titled Extremespeed Genesect in Japan, as well as a prequel to said movie which also featured Mega Mewtwo Y. During SSB4's development, Pokemon: The Origins, which features both Charizard(included in Smash 4) and Mewtwo, came to exist and was used to promote Pokemon X Y Versions. In X and Y, Mewtwo gets version specific Mega Evolutions, the only other Pokemon to do so besides Charizard(who gets Mega Charizard X as his Final Smash). So no, Mewtwo is not irrelevant at all.
#3-Greninja trailer deconfirmed him

One of the more common arguments and the most debatable. Here's an argument debated by @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A and @Speed .

Original post by LIQUIDFGC

I just thought of something:

And yes, I am stealing from @Speed 's post. Don't complain, Speed. Go take some speed and feel better C:

He ranted on the fact that Greninja's model was altered to fool us. I'd like to say something to that point:

GRENINJA HAS PECTORALS FOR SOME REASON

(yes, that's my ipad, 2lazy to go to computer)

I mean seriously, look at it upside down and it looks like an upper chest with pecs and all. Don't give me "it's his butt" or something like that. Greninja clearly knows how to use that Protean ability to preform temporary metamorphosis, since he's aware of the humans recording him in poor lighting conditions. He had many fooled.

TLDR: My perception of things is interesting.

Chain of replies to Golden Yuiitusin on the matter, starting with him:

Let's break your questions down then:

Then let's break down these oddities:

Because psychics and poses and mystical meditation rituals, oh my. I don't know either. Maybe he meditates when he's not competing in Project M.

I came from school and a friend in a chatroom spoiled it for me, so we're in the same position.

Blue is something associated with water and to a lesser extent the sky, so some of the more XY-savvy viewers could have guessed Greninja from the second shot of Water Shuriken charging. And if the third shot didn't give you away with the water droplets coming from it, well, that's the biggest surprise to anyone. Mewtwo has no moves(that he'd sensibly use) that glow blue at any point, except Aura Sphere, which belongs to Lucario in Sm4sh. I watched the trailer knowing Greninja was in, and there are way too many clues in retrospect that give away Greninja, but like @Speed ranted about a few pages ago and killed me over it, Greninja's body looks...off.

First off, NO WEBBING BETWEEN FINGERS. I don't care if Greninja's Protean ability lets it do stuff, but you can clearly see that there is no webbing between his fingers when he begins charging Water Shuriken, and it looks suspiciously like Mewtwo's render from Melee:

Upon further analysis, that makes no sense.

Now, look at Greninja's bottom, or if you look at it upside down, "chest".

To some extent, yes, it looks super exaggerated and could be a hint to Femtwo but what do I know, but Mewtwo is a humanoid 'Mon, after all, and as such is has humanly features like a chest. Like I said, looks exaggerated, but hey, I can dream, can't I?

#4-Not shown in prevalent leaks

Uh-huh. How many of the major credible leaks have shown requested characters like Ridley? Gematsu didn't. The roster leak didn't. The only "leaks" to Mewtwo's inclusion/exclusion are from wonky sources. Thus, they should be discredited.

#5-Too much competition

Right. Competition. Only viable competitor at this point in time is the odd Sceptile. Zoroark and Genesect are Pokeball summons. More details below.

Other facts:

List composed by @Omnireader and continuously updated:

I'll take care of this.
1. Mewtwo was planned to be in Smash 64 and Brawl. King Dedede and Bowser were planned in Smash 64 as well. All three were playable during development, but were cut before release. Mewtwo wasn't present in Brawl as a playable character due to technical difficulties and time restraints.
Link to source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122504575&postcount=428

2. With the release of Pokemon X and Y, his popularity has spiked. He even got new forms. He was also the only Pokemon besides Charizard to get 2 separate Mega forms.

3. There was a recent movie "Genesect and the Legend Awakened" where Mewtwo was a main character. Another recent anime appearance was in "Pokemon Origins" as the last pokemon Red caught. The latter may be a bit too recent to be considered as evidence, though.

4. During an interview involving Pokemon X and Y, someone asked "Is there a possibility that these new forms of Mewtwo will be included in the new Smash Brothers game?" Sakurai was in the audience and replied, after some hesitation, "We are thinking about it." This interview took place after the entire roster had been decided already. Other than this, there hasn't been a single hint of Mewtwo's involvement in Sm4sh.
Full article here: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/mewtwo-may-return-in-next-smash-bros#.U91btPldW3g

5. Mewtwo did not make an appearance in the Greninja trailer as one of the background Pokemon. Surely if Mewtwo wasn't a playable character, he would at least make an appearance in the game in some form. Sakurai has also acknowledged that there are Pokemon in Sm4sh that did not appear in that trailer.

Also relating to the Greninja trailer: Greninja's silhouette was altered during the trailer to deceive viewers. Suspiciously altered to somewhat match Mewtwo's anatomy. There's no way to confirm if this was intentional or not. Either way, Sakurai is very much aware of Mewtwo's popularity and doing this was more than likely a tease.

This is the said "Greninja Trailer" if you have not seen it yet:

6. All of Mewtwo's other competition for playable characters have been pretty much eliminated. (further explained in #9) The "6 Pokemon Slots" theory is taken into account here. If there are going to be 6 or more Pokemon characters, Mewtwo's chances can be considered 100%.

7. In a recent popularity poll, Mewtwo was voted #2 in a list of the top 100 Pokemon. Charizard being #1.
Here's a link to the poll: http://www.ign.com/top/pokemon

8. There was also a recent Miiverse poll asking fans what veterans they wanted to return to the next game. These were the results:

9. Mewtwo has little competition outside of the oh-so-relevant Zoroark, the similarly promoted Genesect, and the theorized Grass starter Sceptile. The former two have been shown in trailers and Pokeballs respectively, thus deconfirming them. Sceptile has the "Grass, Water, Fire Theory" going for it plus "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire" coming out, but it's a long stretch.

If I missed any good points. Someone feel free to point them out. I will definitely consider adding them to the list.

Mewtwo for Sm4sh!!!

I hope for this post to be moved to the first page. I plan on continually updating it.

Comment by Director Masahiro Sakurai on Mewtwo's inclusion in 2013:

June 18 2013 by Tyler Meehan
Mewtwo was once seen as the ultimate Pokémon -- not only was he the final monster to be found in the original games, he also had the most backstory of any Pokémon at the time and received several large roles in the anime and movies. It's little wonder, then, that he appeared as an unlockable character in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Fans of his unique abilities and fighting style for that game were disappointed to find him missing in Brawl, and they have since been clamoring for Mewtwo's return. This possibility was made more likely given his recently revealed new forms for Pokémon X and Y, and now Sakurai may have added more fuel to the fire.

At last week's Pokémon X and Pokémon Y Developer Roundtable, one of the attendees managed to ask about Mewtwo's new form and his chance at appearing in the next Smash Bros. Sakurai was apparently in the audience; according to the reporter, he 'looked as if he were thinking, "Oh man, not this again!" after the question was asked.' That still didn't stop him from giving his own answer to the question:

After a brief moment of silence, Ishihara and Masuda answered by saying they don’t have anything to announce about the new Pokémon (Mewtwo’s new form) today, and that they can't speak on its appearance in other games. Sakurai then shouted out, from the audience, "We are thinking about it."
What do you think? Would you be excited to see the 'Genetic Pokémon' return toSuper Smash Bros., or would you prefer they bring in a representative of newer generations? If Mewtwo did return, would you want his moveset to be updated, or should they stick with his Melee abilities? Let us know in the comments, and be sure to check out how we think Mewtwo should work in the next Smash!

- See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/mewtwo-may-return-in-next-smash-bros#.VAHl4PldUzl

So what are you waiting for? Join the supporters!
Like the update gives a good intro to newer smashboards members or mewtwo supportors! this community is very well kept! GREAT JOB :D

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Mewtwo will not be in the final game.
Sakurai give a **** on the Mewtwo fans and that makes me really sad.
He think: Lets make Dog Hunt Dog a character insteand of Mewtwo.
Mewtwo is in no picture leak and in no video leak:(
I really want Mewtwo back but I think we have lost once again.
There's still 12 days(because weekends) to find out.

You're losing hope too easily, boy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom