• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
There's still 12 days(because weekends) to find out.

You're losing hope too easily, boy.
Yeah he will be in there trust me no need to worry! but what moveset changes do you think are necessary changes to his moveset other than shadow ball because lucario has aura sphere which is kinda similar?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah he will be in there trust me no need to worry! but what moveset changes do you think are necessary changes to his moveset other than shadow ball because lucario has aura sphere which is kinda similar?
He can keep shadow ball. Mega Man and Sonic's up B are similar and there's what, 6 characters that have a counter attack for their down B.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
He can keep shadow ball. Mega Man and Sonic's up B are PRACTICALLY IDENTICAL and there's what, 6 characters that have a counter attack for their down B.
Fixed.

I think I'd insert Psyshock over his side B, and Psystrike anywhere else.

dat machamp

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
He can keep shadow ball. Mega Man and Sonic's up B are similar and there's what, 6 characters that have a counter attack for their down B.
Ow ok i just thought they should be as diffrent as they can because if the have 1 of the same moves EVERYONE THINKS THERE A CLONE LIKE FOX AND WOLF!!!! WOLF ISNT A CLONE FALCO IS!!! :)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ow ok i just thought they should be as diffrent as they can because if the have 1 of the same moves EVERYONE THINKS THERE A CLONE LIKE FOX AND WOLF!!!! WOLF ISNT A CLONE FALCO IS!!! :)
Falco's a semi-clone :)
At least Mewtwo doesn't have aura affecting the move and it pushes him away when he uses it. There's also the possibility customisation could set the two moves further apart.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
At least Mewtwo doesn't have aura affecting the move and it pushes him away when he uses it. There's also the possibility customisation could set the two moves further apart.
Yeah, the fact that it can push you back can also be used for recovery.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I'm gonna throw it out there:
I have mixed feelings for Mewtwo keeping Shadow Ball. Sure Samus was the founder of shooting big energy balls / shots, but Mewtwo's Shadow Ball was a 2nd of a kind. Lucario got bashed in the beginning for when Mewtwo was MIA in Brawl's roster, & his Aura Sphere was strikingly identical, but Lucario's AS has spiritually succeeded Mewtwo's SB by far. Lucario is now considered a better pokemon in Smash now than Mewtwo. It's time Mewtwo steps it up, & that looks difficult when you compare Project M Mewtwo to whatever Mewtwo will play like in Sm4sh & 5.

Despite all this, I'm fine with him keeping Shadow Ball too, there's custom move-sets to mess around with for both AS & SB, so no harm done. Imo SB should be replaced with something else. . .Mewtwo is a very popular pokemon, but his game-play in Melee was considered push-over. This is a huge reason people wanted Dr. Mario over Mewtwo & that is because Dr. Mario did well & people actually played the Doc more than Mewtwo did.
:4greninja::4myfriends::4littlemac::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4mii::4palutena:Shulk. The Mii SwordFighter has a counter, so yeah 9 characters have a counter. Super Parry Bros.:4pacman: Though my post above about Shadow is mixed feelings, I'd ultimately be content with its return.
Mewtwo's FCSB also has a different linear path when shot. It bounces & travels up & down hurled at enormous speed, while FCAS was determined by AuraBoost% like you said. The similarity is Lucario's BAS (Baby Aura Sphere) travels similar to Mewtwo's SB, just tiny & slow speed.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm gonna throw it out there:
I have mixed feelings for Mewtwo keeping Shadow Ball. Sure Samus was the founder of shooting big energy balls / shots, but Mewtwo's Shadow Ball was a 2nd of a kind. Lucario got bashed in the beginning for when Mewtwo was MIA in Brawl's roster, & his Aura Sphere was strikingly identical, but Lucario's AS has spiritually succeeded Mewtwo's SB by far. Lucario is now considered a better pokemon in Smash now than Mewtwo. It's time Mewtwo steps it up, & that looks difficult when you compare Project M Mewtwo to whatever Mewtwo will play like in Sm4sh & 5.

Despite all this, I'm fine with him keeping Shadow Ball too, there's custom move-sets to mess around with for both AS & SB, so no harm done. Imo SB should be replaced with something else. . .Mewtwo is a very popular pokemon, but his game-play in Melee was considered push-over. This is a huge reason people wanted Dr. Mario over Mewtwo & that is because Dr. Mario did well & people actually played the Doc more than Mewtwo did.

:4greninja::4myfriends::4littlemac::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4mii::4palutena:Shulk. The Mii SwordFighter has a counter, so yeah 9 characters have a counter. Super Parry Bros.:4pacman: Though my post above about Shadow is mixed feelings, I'd ultimately be content with its return.

Mewtwo's FCSB also has a different linear path when shot. It bounces & travels up & down hurled at enormous speed, while FCAS was determined by AuraBoost% like you said. The similarity is Lucario's BAS (Baby Aura Sphere) travels similar to Mewtwo's SB, just tiny & slow speed.
I think it would be a little odd to take away Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. It's kind of an honourary signature move.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
EDIT: nvm
Nah it's cool I saw what you typed.:shades: Off-topic his counter probably varies with whatever current Art his Monado is set to, showing 2 kinds of counter animations, for the most part timing is curcial to proc different outcomes.

On-topic: Since the game is slowly becoming Super Parry Bros., lets wonder if Mewtwo will get a change in his Specials & join the SPB roster & have a Down-B counter move?

Calling it right now, it's going to be Future Sight, punny name for his future Counterattack DownB.:shades:
Also guys, Mewtwo can learn Aura Sphere so maybe this is why he was never included in Smash after Lucario joined the fray!:troll:

Future Sight: :GCD::GCB: = Mewtwo's eyes glow blue / pink (depending on future Default Mantwo or Femtwo palette), going into a stance, showing active counter-frames on his start-up with some lingering frames followed by blue / pink psychic energy emitting from one of his raised up hands. Any attack that hits Mewtwo from above, behind, below, or in front of Mewtwo during his active counter-frames, will proc the Future Sight stance to spreading his arms out forcing a blast of Psychic energy with a mix of electricity & darkness element in a large radius orb surrounding Mewtwo for a good moment of time.

How's that for a Mewtwo counter idea guys?:shades:
Good point! it would be like taking away captain falcons falcon punch it just wouldnt be the same :/
I disagree. Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch was completely made-up by Sakurai himself developing the character for Smash 64, his move is further beyond that of just being iconic. Mewtwo's Shadow Ball isn't even his own move, but it's grown to be one of his Smash signature moves.

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Nah it's cool I saw what you typed.:shades: Off-topic his counter probably varies with whatever current Art his Monado is set to, showing 2 kinds of counter animations, for the most part timing is curcial to proc different outcomes.

On-topic: Since the game is slowly becoming Super Parry Bros., lets wonder if Mewtwo will get a change in his Specials & join the SPB roster & have a Down-B counter move?

Calling it right now, it's going to be Future Sight, punny name for his future Counterattack DownB.:shades:
Also guys, Mewtwo can learn Aura Sphere so maybe this is why he was never included in Smash after Lucario joined the fray!:troll:

Future Sight: :GCD::GCB: = Mewtwo's eyes glow blue / pink (depending on future Default Mantwo or Femtwo palette), going into a stance, showing active counter-frames on his start-up with some lingering frames followed by blue / pink psychic energy emitting from one of his raised up hands. Any attack that hits Mewtwo from above, behind, below, or in front of Mewtwo during his active counter-frames, will proc the Future Sight stance to spreading his arms out forcing a blast of Psychic energy with a mix of electricity & darkness element in a large radius orb surrounding Mewtwo for a good moment of time.

How's that for a Mewtwo counter idea guys?:shades:

I disagree. Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch was completely made-up by Sakurai himself developing the character for Smash 64, his move is further beyond that of just being iconic. Mewtwo's Shadow Ball isn't even his own move, but it's grown to be one of his Smash signature moves.
Sounds epic as F*** but super OP!!!!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Sounds epic as F*** but super OP!!!!
Disregarding custom move-sets for this made-up counter-move, the hit-bubble of Mewtwo's Future Sight would have to be fairly reasonable persay the image below. It would be one of the few if not the only parry move that procs an AOE surrounding orb instead of generic parries countering forward or backward.
His start-up would be his eyes glowing in his said stance, like so:

Perfect example of the proc'ing Future Sight example after his start-up stance is below:

EDIT: Dude I friggin love my Future Sight idea. It's mine, Mewtwo's Egg Salad is mine~:yoshi2:

Last edited:

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
My mind is like a rollercoaster when it comes to Mewtwo, one day i'm like HE'S IN! And the other day i'm like : the leaked roster is final... Thank god you guys are here to keep everyone hopeful :D

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
As much as I hate what counters are becoming, I think Mewtwo's down B from Melee should return but also be used as a counter.

Just saw Mewtwo's origin.

Both Mew and Amber were cloned. Amber's clone was named Ambertwo. While they were both growing inside test tubes on New Island, Mewtwo communicated with Ambertwo telepathically. Unfortunately for Fuji, Mewtwo's genetic makeup (as a Pokémon) and sheer force of power kept him alive while Ambertwo died. -Bulbapedia

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
As much as I hate what counters are becoming, I think Mewtwo's down B from Melee should return but also be used as a counter.

Just saw Mewtwo's origin.

Both Mew and Amber were cloned. Amber's clone was named Ambertwo. While they were both growing inside test tubes on New Island, Mewtwo communicated with Ambertwo telepathically. Unfortunately for Fuji, Mewtwo's genetic makeup (as a Pokémon) and sheer force of power kept him alive while Ambertwo died. -Bulbapedia
Havent you seen it before it was sad (like if you cry everytime :() and am i the only one but i think that this site is gonna be a ghost town when smash 4 releases

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
How exactly would it be implemented to be used as a counter? Elaborate please, if you don't mind.:)
EDIT: Gonna guess that it would be a start-up like any other counter, then he shoots the disable that would then freeze frame the attack, shooting the disable shock in front of him & the character would be dazed, right?

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
How exactly would it be implemented to be used as a counter? Elaborate please, if you don't mind.:)
EDIT: Gonna guess that it would be a start-up like any other counter, then he shoots the disable that would then freeze frame the attack, shooting the disable shock in front of him & the character would be dazed, right?
Ok this probably won't happen but in Melee the attack.

-Only worked when the opponent was facing you.
-Only worked on ground (I think)
-Stuns opponents for a few seconds
-One directional

My idea is that in Smash 4 these properties will remain the same unless you use it like a counter which ends up giving them the exact same stun as when you hold the shield for too long. Giving you plenty of time for a smash attack.

Does anyone know if there is or if there working on a smashboards mobile app?
There's not but the site works fine on a browser.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
how does this increase his chances?
Because according to this, Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario and Greninja are all starters. That would make Jiggs the only secret Pokemon. I think there'd at least be one more secret pokemon.

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Ok this probably won't happen but in Melee the attack.

-Only worked when the opponent was facing you.
-Only worked on ground (I think)
-Stuns opponents for a few seconds
-One directional

My idea is that in Smash 4 these properties will remain the same unless you use it like a counter which ends up giving them the exact same stun as when you hold the shield for too long. Giving you plenty of time for a smash attack.

There's not but the site works fine on a browser.
Ow ok but it would be cool though! Is this site gonna be a ghost town once smash 4 comes out?

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Mewtwo will have shadow ball. (If hes in it). If you have seen the original pokemon movie then you would understand.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
The 4Chan leaker admitted he was lying.

Hope for Mewtwo continues!

Quoting the leaker
"You guys are trolled easily."
"I was lying you ****ing ******."
Probably just another anon pretending to be him because he disagreed with the leak. You can't always take anonymity for its word.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Anyone believe the leaked roster is final. Many people think those are all the characters we're getting, despite the fact that All Star mode is locked. Could this be debugging, or are there still characters (like Mewtwo) that are still hidden?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Anyone believe the leaked roster is final. Many people think those are all the characters we're getting, despite the fact that All Star mode is locked. Could this be debugging, or are there still characters (like Mewtwo) that are still hidden?
It could be all we're getting. After all, it is a pretty big roster. On the other hand, details like the locked All-Star mode, various hints to potential newcomers not on the final roster, and the open spaces in the roster may suggest that it is not the complete roster.

And if it isn't the complete roster, then Mewtwo has a very good chance of being in. After all, the leaked roster trivializes the two big arguments I've seen people use against Mewtwo: the argument that Pokemon can't have more "slots " than Mario (no longer an issue since Mario has seven characters, though it was a stupid argument to begin with), and the argument that cut characters can't return (which is disproven entirely by Dr. Mario). At this point, there's really no reason for Mewtwo to not be included.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
The 4chan text leak is fake, its just trolling/taking advantage of the vulnerable situation. I just didn't agree with the whole "He's more important/higher priority than Jigglypuff/Lucario" since there is literally no evidence behind it, unless Sakurai has said it himself.

I still believe he's in though. He's top 5, if not top 3, most wanted character in both US & Japan. He's a vet, so they don't need to come up with a moveset. He was planned to be in brawl, and this time around it doesn't seen like there is a time constraint against him (especially if we're counting DLC).

Whether or not he's going to be in the 3DS version at launch is really the only question imo.
I dunno how you figure there's no time constraint, when they badly have to launch this game this year and can't possibly delay it, pressure is surely higher than ever.

I do expect dlc though and mewtwo would be a great selling point for dlc

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Because according to this, Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario and Greninja are all starters. That would make Jiggs the only secret Pokemon. I think there'd at least be one more secret pokemon.
A secret Pokemon most of us already knew was comming back (regardless of leaks btw)

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I dunno how you figure there's no time constraint, when they badly have to launch this game this year and can't possibly delay it, pressure is surely higher than ever.

I do expect dlc though and mewtwo would be a great selling point for dlc
I don't think that would be fair. I mean, sure I want Mewtwo. Dlc or not i would buy it. I just think it won't be fair to others who didn't buy the DLC. DLCs are supposed to custom items that don't affect the game.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that would be fair. I mean, sure I want Mewtwo. Dlc or not i would buy it. I just think it won't be fair to others who didn't buy the DLC. DLCs are supposed to custom items that don't affect the game.
Ummm ok look at dlc for any other multiplayer game, characters in fighters, maps, even better guns in shooters. Mario Kart is adding 6 more drivers and 16 more race courses.

There's nothing unfair about dlc characters so long as they aren't blatantly superior to the existing characters

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Ummm ok look at dlc for any other multiplayer game, characters in fighters, maps, even better guns in shooters. Mario Kart is adding 6 more drivers and 16 more race courses.

There's nothing unfair about dlc characters so long as they aren't blatantly superior to the existing characters
Mewtwo would have a moveset. and Mewtwo's moveset is a really good one. As for Mariokart. That doesn't really change the game. Playing multiplayer in MK8 depends on what your car is and how you make your car up. They have released new cars. But they are all free DLC. So that is fair.

I assume your talking about call of duty. Call of duty barely release any better guns. Which is still unfair. But most of their DLC is just new maps/gun camo which doesn't affect the game in any way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom