• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I'd like to make a list of reasons why Mewtwo will be back. Please add to the list if you have a good point, make sure I notice it so I can update the list.

Points for Mewtwo's return

1. He's iconic, unique, a legendary PKMN and very popular
2. He is playable in Melee (secret character)
3. Many want him to return to Smash
4. He was suppose to be in Brawl
5. He was in the latest Pokémon movie
6. He would fit in Pokkén Tournament and that would be a good link to Smash
7. Mega evolution: he was the first to be revealed as a mega evolution, it would fit in with Lucario, and especially Charizard who also has two versions just as Mewtwo has.
8. He was in PKMN X/Y
9. There were 6 PKMN in Brawl and in Smash 4 there is currently 4 (5 counting Jigglypuff), and with the fact that this roster is the biggest yet, meaning there is more room for more PKMN. Not to mention the fact that PKMN is Nintendo's second biggest franchise.
10. Sakurai's coy comment when asking about Mewtwo: "We are thinking about it".
11. There are at least 2-5 more characters to be added that we don't know about in order for the character select screen to make sense.
12. The possibility of DLC characters
13. Sakurai is a troll, he probably wants us to think he's not in it so the surprise will be greater.
14. He's playable in Project M
15. Smash 4 has a lot of "clones", with the time to create these there surely would be time to bring Mewtwo in this time. Also the return of characters like Toon Link and Lucario points to the fact that less worthy characters are back as well as Mewtwo.
16. Simply... Dr. Mario
17. ?

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
I'd like to make a list of reasons why Mewtwo will be back. Please add to the list if you have a good point, make sure I notice it so I can update the list.

7. Mega evolution: he was the first to be revealed as a mega evolution, it would fit in with Lucario, and especially Charizard who also has two versions just as Mewtwo has.
8. He was in PKMN X/Y
9. There were 6 PKMN in Brawl and in Smash 4 there is currently 4 (5 counting Jigglypuff), and with the fact that this roster is the biggest yet, meaning there is more room for more PKMN. Not to mention the fact that PKMN is Nintendo's second biggest franchise.
11. There are at least 2-5 more characters to be added that we don't know about in order for the character select screen to make sense.
13. Sakurai is a troll, he probably wants us to think he's not in it so the surprise will be greater.
15. Smash 4 has a lot of "clones", with the time to create these there surely would be time to bring Mewtwo in this time. Also the return of characters like Toon Link and Lucario points to the fact that less worthy characters are back as well as Mewtwo.
16. Simply... Dr. Mario
17. ?
agree with everything. :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

8. He was in PKMN X/Y
16. Simply... Dr. Mario
17. ?
@ Wise Multishine Wise Multishine gather for your list.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader

8. He was in PKMN X/Y
16. Simply... Dr. Mario
17. ?
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10 are already mentioned.

6 isn't really relevant. Much too recent.

I've been thinking about adding 11 lately. The leak doesn't really improve or lessen Mewtwo's chances, though.

DLC characters are a good point. (#12)

13 can tie into number 10.

Project M isn't relevant, unfortunately. Mewtwo's reveal is too recent. (#14)

15 and 16 seem to have the same point. I wouldn't say Toon Link and Lucario aren't worthy characters, though. And you can't really use a character's relevence
as an argument. This is Sakurai we're talking about. R.O.B., Game & Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, etc.

I'll let you guys know when it's updated. Whoever hasn't checked out the first post yet should definitely give it a read: http://smashboards.com/threads/mewtwo.324191/page-1

(sorry if I keep bringing it up, I see a lot of new people lately)

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
@ Swedish_Otaku Swedish_Otaku

Ultimately, I decided not to add the DLC argument. Simply because this can be used for any heavily requested character. I hope you understand. However. I did add on to
#4 relating to Sakurai's "troll" behavior.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm open to them. I'm a super cool guy, obviously. :4falcon:

Please read the post before before showing me your suggestions.

http://smashboards.com/threads/mewtwo.324191/page-156#post-17211723

man all this hype.,... i wonder what we should call ourselves? i am thinking "Mewtwos clone army."
"Mewtwo's Acolytes"

Trying to make it sound as cool as possible.

Last edited:

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Mewtwo is the only character left that I really care about returning, I'm going to play Sm4sh and enjoy it regardless of whether or not Mewtwo is playable (all my mains have been confirmed already) but I will be slightly disappointed if he doesn't show up. I think he definitely has the greatest chance of appearing out of the "Big 3" though. I sincerely believe the leaked roster was incomplete and if I had to guess who the last five characters are I would say

1. Mewtwo
2. Dixie Kong
3. Ridley
4. Chorus Men
5. Impa? (I'm really not sure on the fifth character, I was also thinking Wolf might return?)

Those are my best guesses

Also, if Mewtwo does get in I'll totally play the **** out of him and consider him for a main regardless of how he might place on a future tier list.

man all this hype.,... i wonder what we should call ourselves? i am thinking "Mewtwos clone army."
How about the "Mewtwonites"? :mewtwomelee: :grin:

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Needs more of this.

And of course we can't forget Mew...

The tears of Mew fans that day were unlike any other I tell you, my own included.
And they said Mewtwo doesn't look right punching...

PS I know thats a mirage don't ruin my joke!

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo would have a moveset. and Mewtwo's moveset is a really good one. As for Mariokart. That doesn't really change the game. Playing multiplayer in MK8 depends on what your car is and how you make your car up. They have released new cars. But they are all free DLC. So that is fair.

I assume your talking about call of duty. Call of duty barely release any better guns. Which is still unfair. But most of their DLC is just new maps/gun camo which doesn't affect the game in any way.
I actually thought of uncharted and there's fighting games that release new characters

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
This video is pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x8DTpQpiQ0

If Mewtwo isn't back... Then I'm sorry to say... that Sakurai is stupid. I really don't wanna say it because I worship Smash and Sakurai is it's creator, he's a god. But there is no damn excuse! Mewtwo has SO many points making him an priority in the game. I've been holding my breath for so long... Just 12 more days. (unless Mewtwo isn't in the game yet and there is DLC characters for when Wii U version comes out)

Please Sakurai, I'll never forgive you for what you've done... T_T
I don't think that Sakurai is stupid, but I DO think that not bringing Mewtwo back this time around would be a pretty stupid move.

Though, I'm 99.9% sure that he's well aware that we all want Mewtwo back in the game. And that's not just all of us that support him here on the Mewtwo boards, but people all over the world as well. There is a massive demand for his return. Everybody I know here wants him back. The love for him is very real :p

If any Pokemon is deserving of a place in Sm4sh it's Mewtwo. I like Jigglypuff as well, and though she's not one of my mains and I do play the character frequently (pound>rest trolololol alldaylong) I would much rather Mewtwo return at the end of the day.

But, I think the final Pokemon roster will be Charizard, Lucario, Pikachu, Greninja, Jigglypuff and of course,

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't think that Sakurai is stupid, but I DO think that not bringing Mewtwo back this time around would be a pretty stupid move.

Though, I'm 99.9% sure that he's well aware that we all want Mewtwo back in the game. And that's not just all of us that support him here on the Mewtwo boards, but people all over the world as well. There is a massive demand for his return. Everybody I know here wants him back. The love for him is very real :p

If any Pokemon is deserving of a place in Sm4sh it's Mewtwo. I like Jigglypuff as well, and though she's not one of my mains and I do play the character frequently (pound>rest trolololol alldaylong) I would much rather Mewtwo return at the end of the day.

But, I think the final Pokemon roster will be Charizard, Lucario, Pikachu, Greninja, Jigglypuff and of course,

MEWTWO IS SMILING LADIES AND MENTLEGENS THE WORLD IS GONNA EXPLODE

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Don't say that about Little Mew.
Plus Little Mew is soo adorable & sweet and sounds just like a kitten, quite the polar opposite of Mewtwo.

Plus once the 3DS version finally hits the Japanese stores in 2 weeks we'll find out if he's in the game or not.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
http://prntscr.com/4iiacr

Bill Trinen from Nintendo answering a fans question on Mewtwo's inclusion into Smash 4.
Gee, that was such an informative answer. Lol :p

Honestly, why do people bother asking? They're under embargo. It's literally pointless.

They could have countered embargo if they just used safeguard.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
That made my night! Thanks!
On the subject of Mewtwo, if Dr. Mario gets in then he's guaranteed. It's just a matter of when he's revealed...
I think it really depends if the leak was the final roster. Many sources indicate that it wasn't but there is no way to tell. If there are more characters to be announced I think Mewtwo is a safe bet but if thats it, then we better start hoping for DLC.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Plot twist: Mewtwo's been wearing a Dr. Mario costume the whole time.

FALSE

*cue Miley Cyrus* HE CAME IN LIKE A CHAAAAAAAAAAAAARIZAAAAARD!

According to this, YOU are Mewtwo in disguise. >:3

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't think it's the whole roster, but then why would they leave out some secret characters for ESRB? Wouldn't ESRB have to judge all the characters? Then there's the lock on All-Star...I don't know what to think anymore about Mewtwo's inclusion besides wanting him in.

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
I thought it was confirmed that the leaker wasn't from the ESRB, he was a NOA employee. He didn't finish unlocking all the characters maybe :mewtwomelee: was one of them?

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I don't think it's the whole roster, but then why would they leave out some secret characters for ESRB? Wouldn't ESRB have to judge all the characters? Then there's the lock on All-Star...I don't know what to think anymore about Mewtwo's inclusion besides wanting him in.
No, they only need to judge what would have a remote effect on the ratings.

Besides, our leaker mentioned that Mewtwo would be one of the unlockable characters.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Eh.

With All-Star mode being locked, it can't be. Also, just because some screenshots leaked doesn't automatically mean we should assume certain things. That's like trying to make out a full puzzle with only a few pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom