• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm just stating that players and / or fans who care little, or none at all about any, let alone any changes for a Melee Mewtwo to be in Sm4sh is out-of-place, perhaps more out-of-place than Snake's move-set in Smash Brawl. Some or maybe half of what techs you gave out are likely removed & replaced with pivot techs / any other AT's etc. etc..

It counts as a small level when Mario got changes through any buffs or nerfs as a playable character, something Mewtwo did not get at all until PMBR pleased players & fans. Mario overall being an O12 getting so much changes throughout each Smash title, we can surely get changes for Mewtwo.
well, imagine that you liked sheik (not saying you do, just an example) and sheik was in smash 1 and sucked... hard
then Melee and Brawl come out, no sheik. Smash 4 gets revealed and you see that all transformations are gone, still no sheik.
If i were you i honestly wouldn't care if sheik was a literal copy/paste into smash 4 i would want her or him back, really badly at that.

About the PM thing, i never really liked that mod very much, it just didn't appeal to me. I kinda liked it for a bit but then i realized that i'm a hacker, so what am i doing playing this rather unbalanced and overrated game?

ANYWAYS.. i do agree with the skill part, that was only 1/4 the ones i know excluding common things like lag-cancelled lazars (purposeful spelling error) and DACUS. however, when i played the Smashfest version it seems as if that frame perfect dash dance returns. (in brawl you could dash dance by quickly moving your control stick back and forth, but you only had 1 frame to do it, although it gets easier) also we might get some glitches (Wavedashing and Dash dancing AREN'T glitches) i think that would help for example, on frame 1.5 while dashing if you press back then forward you can warp to your spawn point type of stuff.

and i agree with the plumber part, Mario did get some changes, but not enough to compare Smash64 plumber to Smash 4 one and say "oh, that's Mario? i didn't recognize him." also Sakurai's a confirmed troll, he's even in the roster, i think this game he might break the "original twelve" thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
So I finally caught up. I'm disappointed in reading some posts here:

1. Shame on anyone & maybe everyone who wanted that leak about Mewtwo = carbon copy of himself in Melee to be true. That makes me feel derp & slurp about myself to the max. Icannot understand why anyone would want Mewtwo so badly, that they'd accept his Melee move-set back again with almost no changes?
I actually really like Melee Mewtwo's moveset. Ive also gotten quite good at it on PM and Melee so if there was no change I wouldnt really complain too much. There's always custom move sets if you don't like it.

Edit: I'll just add this, Mewtwo needs changes to make him not bad. This can be done by changing weight etc. which should be done.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo itself supporting unauthorized leaks would make no sense. The only "leaks" we truly need anyway is whenever Sakurai's ready to show us more content/characters of the game in a PotD, direct, or E3. I understand your impatience on wanting to know Mewtwo's status given the situation, but still.
i just think that Nintendo shouldn't be offended when people reveal what fans want, which can actually help Nintendo get what they want in the end, money.

i think they should either authorize the leaks or spill the info themselves.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Aye. . .slowly but surely Falcondorf-clone is diminishing with each passing Smash game title. Based off that video footage of the leak pertaining to Ganondorf, he got some added-in darkness elemental attacks, which pleases me. His variant change move-set that still resembles Falcon is a turn off & disappoints me, yet he got something to freshen the spice. If Mewtwo were to get anything new or different, it'd be a FinalSmash, & the same thing they were going with on Ganondorf, adding in elemental darkness-type attacks for Mewtwo.
There's always custom moves, if for some reason we get SSBM Mewtwo back.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@Mario Smith
*hypotehtical imagination accepted*
*hypothetical imagination compete*
I'm not sure if you said Smash64 = Smash 1 as beginning for your example because of us knowing Mewtwo was planned to be in Smash64, but bottom line, I feel for you.

The imagination example was okay, but the example doesn't exactly fit with Mewtwo's story. Mewtwo was planned for Smash 64. Got cut for the said reasons aka time restraints. Melee rolls around & he gets included as a playable pokemon character for the PKMN series. MeleeMewtwo was borderline decent overall as a character with his advantages/disadvantages that we know of. He ultimately doesn't get in Brawl's roster inclusion due to SSE, Sonic, time restraints, whatever reasons, but was planned surely with a different move-set. Sm4sh & Sm5sh are this year, & after so long, he may actually be in Smash again, with likelihood he may get some re-vamps & changes.

Other than that yeah, thanks for posting replies to me so far. I dig it.:mewtwomelee:
I actually really like Melee Mewtwo's moveset. Ive also gotten quite good at it on PM and Melee so if there was no change I wouldnt really complain too much. There's always custom move sets if you don't like it.

Edit: I'll just add this, Mewtwo needs changes to make him not bad. This can be done by changing weight etc. which should be done.
I do too. I like popping in Melee & playing Mewtwo's move-set 'till this day. The tiny issue is it's been 12+ years since I've played Mewtwo in any Smash game or mod because there was no new Mewtwo to play =/. Thank the decency that is Project M for me to play Mewtwo once more. Cheers to custom-moves. Also he should be heavier, I say mid-heavy or middleweight. Mid-heavy to be around Yoshi's kind of weight but not his properties.
Indeed Steelia camellia. I wonder if GF / Sakurai being so accurate with the pokemon games through moves like CHarizard's flare blitz, will lead me to believe that Mewtwo's mix of his X & Y forms will come out via his custom move-set with one custom being more Y, & his other custom move being more X. Would be hyped for this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

here are some cool ideas for Mewtwo's custom special moves, made by me.
-------------------------------------------------------
Standard B
Shadow Ball
Electro Ball (Shocks you and paralyzes you, but moves at uncontrollably high speeds last shorter than shadow ball)
Energy Ball (moves slower than shadow ball and is a multi hit that last for 4 seconds and can't be used again until that one dies)
Gyro Ball (starts off as a generic, normal damaging, quick projectile that gets slower but stronger as you take more damage)
-----------------------------
Side B
Confusion
Reverse Confusion
Offensive Confusion (weak multi hit, non grab zaps)
Gust Confusion
Up B
Teleport
Damaging Teleport (at the cost of speed and distance)
Interruptable Teleport (at the cost of invisibility and invincibility)
Position Swap Teleport (swaps your position with the nearest player, if they are too far away or dodge it fails)
Blurry Teleport (creates visual distractions especially preventing foes from knowing where you'll go, but at the cost of some control)
Down B
Disable
Counter Disable (like Marth's counter, only the counterattack Samus-stuns you instead of dealing knockback and does 10%)
Rapid Disable (uses the move 5 times in quick succession, but it has more ending lag)
Teleport Disable (uses normal Disable but teleports the user in a wide range of areas while the hitbox doesn't, increasing your evasion but leaving open for hits in more spots.)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@Mario Smith
I may be wrong about this, but I believe there's only 2 custom variations of a basic Specials move. So it's like this:
:GCB:
basic move = ??
custom variation 1 = ??
custom variation 2 = ??

So what moves would you remove from your custom moves list to fit in only 2?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Mario Smith
*hypotehtical imagination accepted*
*hypothetical imagination compete*
I'm not sure if you said Smash64 = Smash 1 as beginning for your example because of us knowing Mewtwo was planned to be in Smash64, but bottom line, I feel for you.

The imagination example was okay, but the example doesn't exactly fit with Mewtwo's story. Mewtwo was planned for Smash 64. Got cut for the said reasons aka time restraints. Melee rolls around & he gets included as a playable pokemon character for the PKMN series. MeleeMewtwo was borderline decent overall as a character with his advantages/disadvantages that we know of. He ultimately doesn't get in Brawl's roster inclusion due to SSE, Sonic, time restraints, whatever reasons, but was planned surely with a different move-set. Sm4sh & Sm5sh are this year, & after so long, he may actually be in Smash again, with likelihood he may get some re-vamps & changes.

Other than that yeah, thanks for posting replies to me so far. I dig it.:mewtwomelee:
yeah i meant smash64 and i know that Mewtwo was planned and scrapped for both games, i even found bits of Mewtwo info (which others have also found) in the disk, he is the most complete even having sound clips.. dull.. sound clips.
i will say that i am glad that subspace emissary is gone, when i heard that we no longer need a dual layered disk for that dual layered garbage i was extremely happy, however now i want a dual layered disk full of Gameplay, Characters, and Content in that order. I do however hope that he does return, and also, say Sheik was planned... so my example all of a sudden works now.

and thanks for replying to me as well, for a second, considering my time, i thought that nobody would still be on.

EDIT: somebody post something so i don't double post plz

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
yeah i meant smash64 and i know that Mewtwo was planned and scrapped for both games, i even found bits of Mewtwo info (which others have also found) in the disk, he is the most complete even having sound clips.. dull.. sound clips.
i will say that i am glad that subspace emissary is gone, when i heard that we no longer need a dual layered disk for that dual layered garbage i was extremely happy, however now i want a dual layered disk full of Gameplay, Characters, and Content in that order. I do however hope that he does return, and also, say Sheik was planned... so my example all of a sudden works now.

and thanks for replying to me as well, for a second, considering my time, i thought that nobody would still be on.

EDIT: somebody post something so i don't double post plz
No prob. I got your something post. I'll edit it when you post, since I got some replies to make toward your custom movesets.:shades:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Mario Smith
I may be wrong about this, but I believe there's only 2 custom variations of a basic Specials move. So it's like this:
:GCB:
basic move = ??
custom variation 1 = ??
custom variation 2 = ??

So what moves would you remove from your custom moves list to fit in only 2?
thanks! i really wanted to answer this so now's my chance!
before i begin, your help is appreciated, now, let's begin!

Normal B
i would probably scrap Gyro ball
------------------------------------------------
Side B
Gust Confusion, that's Mario
----------------------------------------------
Up B
ahhh! this one's hard...
probably damaging.
---------------------------------------------
Down B
Counter Disable... maybe... that's Marth
-----------------------------------------------
let me know what you think :mewtwomelee:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
thanks! i really wanted to answer this so now's my chance!
before i begin, your help is appreciated, now, let's begin!

Normal B
i would probably scrap Gyro ball
------------------------------------------------
Side B
Gust Confusion, that's Mario
----------------------------------------------
Up B
ahhh! this one's hard...
probably damaging.
---------------------------------------------
Down B
Counter Disable... maybe... that's Marth
-----------------------------------------------
let me know what you think :mewtwomelee:
So for my thought, is radical.
Gyro Ball sounded interesting, & perhaps it may have passed that fine line of Lucario-esque similarity due to the accumulating AuraBoost% mechanic, but other than that, I would of scrapped it too.

Wind as an elemental-based attack is still pretty rare with exceptions like Link's Gale boomerang & such. Despite Mario having a Gust Cape custom option, & DK's Storm Punch using wind as a push-back mechanic, I'd be cool with Gust Confusion, had it not been for my second thought of, "Ugh what is everyone getting a gust custom option?!".

UpB Damaging Teleport seems legit since it's something Mewtwo's UpB has never done before, so I'd think a little more about that one specifically being removed. It's like Lucario's ExtremeSpeed scenario from Brawl, being good but bad at the same time. The way you describe it gives off a Sheik-similar blink from point A to B. Imo I'd rather remove. . .damnit I can't decide either =/

Down B Counter Disable sounds logically the one to go, because character's Down B usually thought to be a counter, I can see why it's not to be kept. I would likely scrap that option too, because your others are legit in a Mewtwo-play-style kind of way.

Edit: I may put down some Custom move-set ideas as well. Thinking some up atm

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So for my thought, is radical.
Gyro Ball sounded interesting, & perhaps it may have passed that fine line of Lucario-esque similarity due to the accumulating AuraBoost% mechanic, but other than that, I would of scrapped it too.

Wind as an elemental-based attack is still pretty rare with exceptions like Link's Gale boomerang & such. Despite Mario having a Gust Cape custom option, & DK's Storm Punch using wind as a push-back mechanic, I'd be cool with Gust Confusion, had it not been for my second thought of, "Ugh what is everyone getting a gust custom option?!".

UpB Damaging Teleport seems legit since it's something Mewtwo's UpB has never done before, so I'd think a little more about that one specifically being removed. It's like Lucario's ExtremeSpeed scenario from Brawl, being good but bad at the same time. The way you describe it gives off a Sheik-similar blink from point A to B. Imo I'd rather remove. . .damnit I can't decide either =/

Down B Counter Disable sounds logically the one to go, because character's Down B usually thought to be a counter, I can see why it's not to be kept. I would likely scrap that option too, because your others are legit in a Mewtwo-play-style kind of way.

Edit: I may put down some Custom move-set ideas as well. Thinking some up atm
okay! take your time! it took me 7 minutes to do mine... but still... Up B... i just don't know...

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Anyone think that if Mewtwo doesn't get in, he'll be used as DLC to promote Pokken Tournament next year? Seems like the perfect excuse. Being developed by Bandai Namco, too. Maybe an Amiibo that would unlock him in both games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyone think that if Mewtwo doesn't get in, he'll be used as DLC to promote Pokken Tournament next year? Seems like the perfect excuse. Being developed by Bandai Namco, too. Maybe an Amiibo that would unlock him in both games.
maybe, however i would prefer him being in from the start so everyone can play him and so he'll be a "real" part of the cast, not just a character folder that has to be "unlocked" to be visible in gameplay.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
okay! take your time! it took me 7 minutes to do mine... but still... Up B... i just don't know...
Yeah same. . .it'd be so cool to have a damaging UpB option for one of the two custom moves, but yeah. . .

If by some miraculous chance Mewtwo is totally changed up in terms of his specials being ecstatic, I'll take his Melee move-set to be the example:
:GCB:= Shadow Ball
  • Custom variation 1 = Rapid-fire Shadow spheres. Imagine Melee Mewtwo's F-throw now as a custom option, with the choice to shoot them uncharged or charge it to have 3 medium sized shadow spheres to come at different speeds or different start-up or ending-frames, shooting one baby sphere out & the mix-up option to cancel it storing in power for the other 2 spheres. The 'faster pewpew' option to offset the lack of power & pressure a FCSB would do to someone trying to approach.
  • Custom variation 2 = Gravity Ball. Weird custom move right? This emphasizes the Psychic attribute of pushing back or bringing foes. Not a chargeable option but thrusted out forward from the slow start-up of channeling it instantly to be FC, pushing it forward with the push-back mechanic behind Mewtwo's back & brings foes forward in a set distance in front of Mewtwo's line of sight. The Ball is sent forward slowly but is multi-hit & has a finishing final hit that launches foes back after it detonates. The Gravity Ball keeps opponents that catch it caught & sucked into the sphere that can take hits like a meat shield protecting Mewtwo's front as well.
:GCL::GCB:/:GCR::GCB:= Confusion
  • Custom variation 1 = Psychic pulse. Imagine how Mewtwo or any psychic pokemon would use their telekinesis to push opponents back away from them in a strong knock-back manner. Same applies here where a successful channeled grab puts them in a stasis of slightly lifted up, then pushed away taking % damage launched in a direction you choose with the DI of your control stick. This takes a wind-effect aspect but removal of the wind & more of the strong push-back effect we see happening a lot for Psychic types.
  • Custom variation 2 = Electric Confusion. (your idea). Summons a hit-bubble of electric hits mixed with darkness in the form of psychic power to be a multi-hit AOE attack to have a good amount of hit-stun & shield-stun during the ending for both Mewtwo & others that are within the attack whether they get hit or stay in shield.
:GCUL::GCB:/:GCU::GCB:/:GCUR::GCB:= Teleport
  • Custom variation 1 = Dark Pulse. Don't confuse the name with how it works in the games, it's just a name given. The move is a slower blinking move than Teleport, which the first blink of Point A being where you start, a large pulse sphere of purple / black psychic power erupts to be an active hit-bubble & erupts another hit-bubble of darkness at your Point B. Slower-but-stronger while being a safe recovery trading off speed & unpredictability with challenging hit-box attacks & AOE.
  • Custom variation 2 = Shadow Aftermath. (disregard the silly name). Longer blink range than Teleport however supresses your movement rendering you unable to cancel out of it once inputted. The range & length along with a bumpy control of guiding your direction makes it hard to use but better if mastered. When used, the entire direction / line used in middle of your Point A to B blinks, electric & dark energies emit in your path taken after a time delay occurs, being an active line of domino hit-boxes following your ending B. (Sorry if that's confusing)
:GCD::GCB:= Disable
  • Custom variation 1 = Imprison. Used in the same way Disable does with that tiny bright dot shooting forward, any fighter that makes contact with Imprison will be trapped in a dark purple crystal that's hit-able like Lucas' PK Freeze proc effect or G&W's 8 IceBlock Judgement. Imprison lasts longer allowing strong attacks like tilts to do damage to it without breaking the purple crystal, while heavy attacks such as Smashes FC would break it adding launch power from how much damage you stockpiled. This applies grounded & airborne.
  • Custom variation 2 = TravelTeleportingDisable. (your idea but I really like that). Chargeable light to travel as far as it caps or short as you want, pressing B again to decide if you'd like to blink to that point area. The twist is if the longer-ranged Disable is if making contact with any fighter, they become dazed & stunned for one moment, pressing B again from any distance blinks you to their location to do a proc attack that instantly grabs them for combo setups or stage-controlling throws.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
maybe, however i would prefer him being in from the start so everyone can play him and so he'll be a "real" part of the cast, not just a character folder that has to be "unlocked" to be visible in gameplay.
Well, I think we all would prefer that, but if he doesn't get in, and isn't already on the card/disc, Bandai may decide to throw us a bone.

D

Deleted member

Yeah same. . .it'd be so cool to have a damaging UpB option for one of the two custom moves, but yeah. . .

If by some miraculous chance Mewtwo is totally changed up in terms of his specials being ecstatic, I'll take his Melee move-set to be the example:
:GCB:= Shadow Ball
  • Custom variation 1 = Rapid-fire Shadow spheres. Imagine Melee Mewtwo's F-throw now as a custom option, with the choice to shoot them uncharged or charge it to have 3 medium sized shadow spheres to come at different speeds or different start-up or ending-frames, shooting one baby sphere out & the mix-up option to cancel it storing in power for the other 2 spheres. The 'faster pewpew' option to offset the lack of power & pressure a FCSB would do to someone trying to approach.
  • Custom variation 2 = Gravity Ball. Weird custom move right? This emphasizes the Psychic attribute of pushing back or bringing foes. Not a chargeable option but thrusted out forward from the slow start-up of channeling it instantly to be FC, pushing it forward with the push-back mechanic behind Mewtwo's back & brings foes forward in a set distance in front of Mewtwo's line of sight. The Ball is sent forward slowly but is multi-hit & has a finishing final hit that launches foes back after it detonates. The Gravity Ball keeps opponents that catch it caught & sucked into the sphere that can take hits like a meat shield protecting Mewtwo's front as well.
:GCL::GCB:/:GCR::GCB:= Confusion
  • Custom variation 1 = Psychic pulse. Imagine how Mewtwo or any psychic pokemon would use their telekinesis to push opponents back away from them in a strong knock-back manner. Same applies here where a successful channeled grab puts them in a stasis of slightly lifted up, then pushed away taking % damage launched in a direction you choose with the DI of your control stick. This takes a wind-effect aspect but removal of the wind & more of the strong push-back effect we see happening a lot for Psychic types.
  • Custom variation 2 = Electric Confusion. (your idea). Summons a hit-bubble of electric hits mixed with darkness in the form of psychic power to be a multi-hit AOE attack to have a good amount of hit-stun & shield-stun during the ending for both Mewtwo & others that are within the attack whether they get hit or stay in shield.
:GCUL::GCB:/:GCU::GCB:/:GCUR::GCB:= Teleport
  • Custom variation 1 = Dark Pulse. Don't confuse the name with how it works in the games, it's just a name given. The move is a slower blinking move than Teleport, which the first blink of Point A being where you start, a large pulse sphere of purple / black psychic power erupts to be an active hit-bubble & erupts another hit-bubble of darkness at your Point B. Slower-but-stronger while being a safe recovery trading off speed & unpredictability with challenging hit-box attacks & AOE.
  • Custom variation 2 = Shadow Aftermath. (disregard the silly name). Longer blink range than Teleport however supresses your movement rendering you unable to cancel out of it once inputted. The range & length along with a bumpy control of guiding your direction makes it hard to use but better if mastered. When used, the entire direction / line used in middle of your Point A to B blinks, electric & dark energies emit in your path taken after a time delay occurs, being an active line of domino hit-boxes following your ending B. (Sorry if that's confusing)
:GCD::GCB:= Disable
  • Custom variation 1 = Imprison. Used in the same way Disable does with that tiny bright dot shooting forward, any fighter that makes contact with Imprison will be trapped in a dark purple crystal that's hit-able like Lucas' PK Freeze proc effect or G&W's 8 IceBlock Judgement. Imprison lasts longer allowing strong attacks like tilts to do damage to it without breaking the purple crystal, while heavy attacks such as Smashes FC would break it adding launch power from how much damage you stockpiled. This applies grounded & airborne.
  • Custom variation 2 = TravelTeleportingDisable. (your idea but I really like that). Chargeable light to travel as far as it caps or short as you want, pressing B again to decide if you'd like to blink to that point area. The twist is if the longer-ranged Disable is if making contact with any fighter, they become dazed & stunned for one moment, pressing B again from any distance blinks you to their location to do a proc attack that instantly grabs them for combo setups or stage-controlling throws.
1. those first two are amazing! i am speechless here! great job!

2.that psychic one would be pretty cool, however, if one goes by the movies (for a sec) the move never seems to inflict damage until after you're flung, so i would probably take the multi hit and final hit damage and fuse them into one gigantic throw.

the second one is also cool too! i am glad you like my ideas! it seems that you added alot of depth to it as well, i think that it makes for great combos!

3.i understand both of them, and i think that they are pretty cool! the second one would really add depth to the game and might work well if customs are allows in tournaments.

4.d-tilt x4 into f-smash... DANG! that one is clever and unique! i like that one too, i can imagine Mewtwo vs Kirby, they get to their last stock, Kirby gets Mewtwo to 150% and then Mewtwo Imprisons a 50% Kirby and wins the match. nice one! :)

again, i don't mind reuse of my ideas! i think that adds a nice spin on the gameplay, being able to randomly hit then lock on to somebody. that would also be great for mindgames!

good one, i like this one! :)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Sorry but thank you to the max @Mario Smith , took a little while with that. I thought about putting in exact % ranges & frame data. . .then second thought 3 seconds later said, "nah, an hour of typing exact brainstorming data is too much for one post right now".

I mainly want push-back Psychic as an aspect element to be used, like his throws sorta kinda. Did you read that idea I posted about his D-throw changed from being a tail slam to a psychic grab from high to low slammed on the ground, similar to how he uses a beam sword in Melee using the Smash attack?!?!

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Seems like too weak of an excuse to not include him from the get go.

But, should it happen, I'm all for it.

D

Deleted member

Sorry but thank you to the max @Mario Smith , took a little while with that. I thought about putting in exact % ranges & frame data. . .then second thought 3 seconds later said, "nah, an hour of typing exact brainstorming data is too much for one post right now".

I mainly want push-back Psychic as an aspect element to be used, like his throws sorta kinda. Did you read that idea I posted about his D-throw changed from being a tail slam to a psychic grab from high to low slammed on the ground, similar to how he uses a beam sword in Melee using the Smash attack?!?!
wow! that sounds amazing!, i can imagine that...

Mewtwo slowly lifts his opponents high up the ground...

then the enemy abruptly stop ascending and floats in place for 1 second
AND THEN...
Mewtwo slams them down and a ripple effect can be seen from the sky and the ground burst with HD energy as the enemy gets pounded to the ground.

that's amazing! i can imagine it doing about 14% however, it would have high knockback as well making it kinda hard to combo with.
however from 1-70%, if you are fast enough you could probably link it into a neutral air to the ground back into a d-throw.

nice one!

and about the custom Side-B, i understand now, but regardless, i still think that it would be cool either way.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Man, Normally I would exclude the thought of Mewtwo being a fighter in Pokken Tournament, but then MegaMewtwoX comes into mind being a Fighting kinda game.:shades: I'd be eggstatic. . .:yoshi2: @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A please

[
wow! that sounds amazing!, i can imagine that...
Mewtwo slowly lifts his opponents high up the ground...
then the enemy abruptly stop ascending and floats in place for 1 second
AND THEN...
Mewtwo slams them down and a ripple effect can be seen from the sky and the ground burst with HD energy as the enemy gets pounded to the ground.

that's amazing! i can imagine it doing about 14% however, it would have high knockback as well making it kinda hard to combo with.
however from 1-70%, if you are fast enough you could probably link it into a neutral air to the ground back into a d-throw.

nice one!

and about the custom Side-B, i understand now, but regardless, i still think that it would be cool either way.
Hell yeah! That slam would be so ****ing hype. The grab thrown down idea could be that, or an alternate idea be a very powerful psychic thrown slam to the ground & keep him there to get some hit-stun then invincibility frames occur much like Snake's Brawl D-throw. Anything goes when it's Mewtwo that promotes the thought of tech chasing psychic slams.:mewtwomelee:

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm hoping that we find out soon if it is an worldwide direct, because if it isn't I can't see them revealing someone big like Mewtwo.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Direct's exclusive to Japan, so I doubt we'll get anything relating to Smash Bros.

Steelia

Smash Champion
The Direct's exclusive to Japan, so I doubt we'll get anything relating to Smash Bros.
lololol, watch, "Hello, I'm the director of Smash Bros., Masahiro Sakurai. Those crazy Americans leaked all the characters on the Smash Bros. roster - or so they thought. Because of this, I will be showing exclusive footage to my Japanese fans from now on. Thank you for your patience and not leaking every ounce of my precious game. Now please enjoy this character reveal they did NOT see." /:mewtwomelee:

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
lololol, watch, "Hello, I'm the director of Smash Bros., Masahiro Sakurai. Those crazy Americans leaked all the characters on the Smash Bros. roster - or so they thought. Because of this, I will be showing exclusive footage to my Japanese fans from now on. Thank you for your patience and not leaking every ounce of my precious game. Now please enjoy this character reveal they did NOT see." /:mewtwomelee:
It then shows Mewtwo's Revamped moveset as he tears apart an Abraham Lincoln mii.

D

Deleted member

i am back... oh, to keep this relavant... Mewtwo!, Mewtwo!, Mewtwo!! :)

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
It then shows Mewtwo's Revamped moveset as he tears apart an Abraham Lincoln mii.
I would happily accept Mewtwo as my president (he would be far better than Obama, if any U.S President Mii deserves to get the living snot kicked out of them it should be Bush Jr. and Obama (that would make a lot of people who despise them happy), however I got a feeling the 3DS direct is likely going to feature Smash Bros, with that game coming out in just a mere 2 weeks, and hopefully the leaked roster is mentioned in some form (or at least confirm DHD, Dark Pit & Dr. Mario, then it would be a clear sign Mewtwo is rejoining the roster).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom