• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
You do realise Smash 4 is one of the biggest games of the year that's about to be released over there?
You do realize that this means there's going to be a global Smash 4 Direct even closer to their release, right?

It's highly unlikely they'd reveal a character in a Japan-exclusive Direct.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I would happily accept Mewtwo as my president (he would be far better than Obama, if any U.S President Mii deserves to get the living snot kicked out of them it should be Bush Jr. and Obama (that would make a lot of people who despise them happy), however I got a feeling the 3DS direct is likely going to feature Smash Bros, with that game coming out in just a mere 2 weeks, and hopefully the leaked roster is mentioned in some form (or at least confirm DHD, Dark Pit & Dr. Mario, then it would be a clear sign Mewtwo is rejoining the roster).
#ThanksMewtwo > #ThanksObama

Nonetheless I think this 3DS direct is IT! This is most likely the last direct and the one that will reveal all remaining newcomers ( And characters)

Fingers crossed for Mewtwo.

It's releasing in about 5 hrs where I live! The hype. Is real.
Anyway guys make sure to stick around till the very, very end of the direct. You never know what lies there C:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Nonetheless I think this 3DS direct is IT! This is most likely the last direct and the one that will reveal all remaining newcomers ( And characters)

Anyway guys make sure to stick around till the very, very end of the direct. You never know what lies there C:
No, it's not. There have been before multiple Directs within a few days of each other. We will be getting one at the start of next month, that will be a Smash Bros. specific Direct. Anything else would be a massive marketing failure.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
You do realize that this means there's going to be a global Smash 4 Direct even closer to their release, right?

Does it matter if it's a reveal or not?

It's a direct. They could mention stuff about Smash 4 in general.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
No, it's not. There have been before multiple Directs within a few days of each other. We will be getting one at the start of next month, that will be a Smash Bros. specific Direct. Anything else would be a massive marketing failure.
Aww... You just killed my hype.
I'm also starting school next week.
Damn it Sakurai better have Mewtwo in there as his main excuse for delaying it till after the summer.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Does it matter if it's a reveal or not?

It's a direct. They could mention stuff about Smash 4 in general.
Well, true, that's a possibility. But I thought you were discussing the chances of a Mewtwo reveal.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Well, true, that's a possibility. But I thought you were discussing the chances of a Mewtwo reveal.
I think a Shulk reveal would be cool... Dr mario and Dark pit? Nah. Duck hunt dog? Maybe...
Well... Fingers crossed for a Ridley/Mewtwo reveal by the end of this month/start of next month.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I really doubt there'd be a Mewtwo reveal. :(
Mewtwo reveal or not. The end is near! ( Super dramatic I know ) But I had fun discussing Mewtwo's chances/moves with you guys even if it wasn't for such a long time. It was fun!

Hopefully though, Mewtwo will get revealed.

OFFTOPIC:
Is anyone here planning on a tournament though?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

It's tomorrow dude. 7:00 AM EST.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
The Direct's exclusive to Japan, so I doubt we'll get anything relating to Smash Bros.
Why say that? Maybe the US department is just pre-occupied?

Regardless, the Pokken announcement didn't stop us filthy westerners from getting our hands on it, so I doubt this one will either!

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo is also the most highly requested character in Japan. I could very well see it happening.

D

Deleted member

okay, now i'm REALLY back!... in regards to the whole leaks and pointless Sakuraipics, (as i call them) that leaker said that those weren't all the characters that were shown, and Melee Mewtwo had a "?" on it. In reality i am honestly more hyped over the leaker than i am for the actual game. and i hope that the leaker makes a custom smash cinematic where it shows characters' icon getting revealed or crossed off then we go to the "?" Melee Mewtwo, and it zooms in with dramatic music and an X appears by his name, then the music gets sadder, but then Mewtwo's eyes start to glow from the icon and he says "behold my power!" and breaks out of the character box in a new model with new moves and we see some gameplay of him, then at the end he says "never again will i be restrained and tormented by you humans!" while flying off into the night sky, joining the roster of playable characters.

Smash 4 Mewtwo is upon us.

(this is still the original, NOT 2013 mew2)

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
What about a trailer in which Mew2 is presented as "mew2s return", then he is attacked out of nowhere by Ripley, presnting both characters foghting each others

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Mewtwo is also the most highly requested character in Japan.
Source?

It's tomorrow dude. 7:00 AM EST.
Jesus, do I have to get up at 4 in the morning to see this? Damn.

At the 3DS Direct will probably get more Godly fan service. :chuckle:
What's fanservice to ya for the 3DS besides Smash?

Why say that? Maybe the US department is just pre-occupied?
NOA has enough trouble on their hands with the leak.

D

Deleted member

What about a trailer in which Mew2 is presented as "mew2s return", then he is attacked out of nowhere by Ripley, presnting both characters foghting each others
if you do it like that, then i think it should be where generic fighters are on pyrosphere, then Ridley pops up and the players start running away or attacking him, but then Ridley actually flinches, before getting angry and "Ridley enters the fray" should appear.
then it shows gameplay.

then at the end.. a silhouette of Mewtwo appears... on a notebook... Greninja's notebook, (i dunno) he then crosses it off his "list"
Lucario and Charizard are revealed to be next to him, and they all start skipping and dancing in glee, celebrating the second loss of Mewtwo, however Pikachu stays behind, and having been there and helped him in Melee, (flashback) he worries of Mewtwo's fate,
then, a gigantic shadow with a cape on it starts to land from above with energy waves coming from the ground, and then a figure wrapped in a brown cape appears and Pikachu looks up at it, the figure takes off it's cloak and is revealed to be Mewtwo, then Pikachu says a happy "PIKA!" before the cinematic ends.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
There surely is going to be a newcomer reveal.

Sleep tight you guys :p
And Mewtwo won't be the one shown off, because he is a veteran. :troll:

But seriously, I wouldn't mind if it was revealed alongside a true newcomer. My ideal candidate would be Ridley, because the Other M incarnation and Mewtwo were both cloned creations by scientists that were intended to be used for their own selfish purposes. If they could incorporate that into the trailer somehow, I'd be even more ecstatic than the fact that they're in.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
And Mewtwo won't be the one shown off, because he is a veteran. :troll:

But seriously, I wouldn't mind if it was revealed alongside a true newcomer. My ideal candidate would be Ridley, because the Other M incarnation and Mewtwo were both cloned creations by scientists that were intended to be used for their own selfish purposes. If they could incorporate that into the trailer somehow, I'd be even more ecstatic than the fact that they're in.
Ness and Snake would also fit very nicely into this trailer. One is a Psychic, and one is also a clone. Plus...it would throw the leak off because Snake is meant to be cut.
...wow...
Imagine the hype...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So basically what you're asking for is a repeat of Lucina/Robin and Captain Falcon. That actually sounds likely due to the incoming release date in Japan, and it'd build absurd levels of hype if that happened....although Ridley isn't so popular there.

If he actually isn't disconfimed, however, I think pairing Mewtwo with Snake is perfect. Both were cloned creations by scientists who were intended to be used for their own selfish purposes. Yes I just stole from you :troll:

Alas, only Sakurai can decide this; I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
If he actually isn't disconfimed, however, I think pairing Mewtwo with Snake is perfect. Both were cloned creations by scientists who were intended to be used for their own selfish purposes. Yes I just stole from you :troll:
I'd imagine that'd be the perfect trailer for you. :4falcon: I want Snake back too, but I don't think he made it this time around, unfortunately.

As @ AustarusIV AustarusIV said, Other M Ridley is also a clone. That trailer would be cool too. It would also create levels of hype that we've never encountered before. Crashboards for days.

Although I'm supporting a bunch of characters, I firmly believe that Sakurai knows best. If he says that this game is going to have the best roster of all time, I believe him. Sakurai seems to like Mewtwo an awful lot. Considering he was nearly finished for the two games he wasn't present in.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
*re-reads post*
*twitches*

Mewtwo being attacked by Ripley from Alien? :troll: That'll definitely be something none of us ever saw coming...

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Guys Mewtwo is a secret character(if there's any)I just can't see a reveal.I think well get 2 trailers with either Shulk Bowser Jr Duck Hunt dog or Ridley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom